• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 KoWT

KoWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8238 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 03:30 PM

Americans are the only people (and only after a concerted effort by our gov't and press) that are actually afraid of Saddam's Iraq.

We, as a nation, have somehow taken the car thieves writ large, who snuck in under the noses of our snoozing security and intel apparatus to smash stolen planes into buildings, and turned them into some kind of .

How do you make the jump from guys that steal planes using box cutters as weapons to ordering vaccinations for hospital workers for fear of terrorist attack using smallpox?

Saddam's gonna getcha, if you don't watch out!

Talk about aggrandizing an enemy for domestic gains...

#2 uglybastard

uglybastard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 03:35 PM

kowt said, 'Americans are the only people that are actually afraid of Saddam's Iraq.'

I would say that 80% of the public has already forgotten about the upcoming Iraq war.

I saw an editorial the other day: 'Columbia Crash Snaps Americans out of Complacency'

Complacency? We having a war on Terror for Christ's sake.

But there's some truth in the title. People have forgotten about the war.

#3 stakhanov's cat

stakhanov's cat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 03:39 PM

True, but at least you were attacked. We have no excuse whatsoever for participating in this madness. And if you could only hear the panic-stricken bullshit that's been peddled by all and sundry over here then it would make you truly sick.

Winston Churchill must be turning in his grave with disgust.

#4 Gospel

Gospel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 03:45 PM

C'mon S.Cat - who in their right mind reads the
UK tabloid headers with anything less than a
mountain of scepticism?

It's sensational titilation - I haven't seen a rush
to panic buying or the procurement of gas
marsks etc. We're too bloody apathetic.

#5 Gandu

Gandu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 04:46 PM

I thought you bought the tabaloids to watch the centerfolds.

Didnt samantha get her start in one?

#6 OverSword

OverSword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 08:12 PM

Hopefully after powell reveals what he is scheduled to reveal, this thread will be moot.

#7 KoWT

KoWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8238 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 01:03 AM

I wish this thread were moot following Powell's speech.

Unfortunately, it would appear his presentation was intended more to shore up and solidify support from those already in the pro-war ranks, and not to try and convince those that stand unconvinced that an prompt invasion (mustn't overheat the overpriced and faulty war equipment) is called for.

I think the fresh public memory of the incubator thrown from babies story, not to mention the debacle of the touted (but never delivered) spy cam photos of Iraqi forces massing to invade neighboring Canada is cramping the spin masters' style, bigtime.
Too bad they're too arrogant to play this game with anything resembling finesse.
Friggin' buffoons, that can't lie worth a lick.

Throw in the clusterphuck of praising (and then quoting from) some poorly conceived bit of limey intel-cum-plagerism with a tilt towards demagoguery, and poor Colin didn't do anything to further his masters' (I mean bosses') hopes of an enthralled Iraq.

Today, we're pretty much where we were before he gave the speech, with the same ideological warriors skirmishing over the same ideological territory.

d0lfin, please read this link and tell me why we aren't, under the criterea you laid out, bombing the shit outta Pakistan.

http://www.globalres...es/CHO111A.html

Our leaders are aggrandizing uneducated assholes (can we say "assholes" yet?) that got off exactly one lucky shot when our guard was down as being a scourge of terror ready willing and able to pull off technological feats of horror heretofore undoable for any but the wealthiest nations.

I'm not buying it.

The shoe-bomber was a dipshit that tried to light c4 on fire with a book of matches. The press floated a story from the State Dept that the official "Al-Kinda Bomb Maker" made the shoebomber's shoebomb; he must be an idiot, if he can't manage to send a suicide bomber into play with a functional suicide bomb.

Those guys they scooped up in Buffalo?
Idiots, the lot of them.
Ne'er do wells that caught hell for a ignorant moron rally they attended while on vacation to idiotsville.
I bet they signed the friggin' guest book.

The guy that has Ashcroft burping sperm live from Moscow about "dirtybomber!" and such?
You know the guy, the one that got busted right before the deranged Jew with the house full of bombs and maps to Islamic outfits got busted in Florida, with nary an airing of the word "terrorist" by the press that reported the story?
Another moron (Jose Podilla-The Mad Dirtybomber!) ex-con that converted to Islam during a tour of duty through the US penal system.
(what is it about the US prison system that makes it such fertile ground for Islam mouthing freaks to gain converts? It doesn't say much for the psycological condition fostered by our prisons, I'll tell you that)
He was picked up, it turns out, not because he had a dirty bomb, but because some scrap of paper our troops liberated from a cave in Afghanistan had him down as having received training on the assembly of dirty bombs.
Another idiot that signed the gustbook, no doubt.

These folks are not all they're being promoted as.
Neither is our government.

#8 KoWT

KoWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8238 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 01:56 AM

Sometimes, when I think about how the towers came down, I can't help but wonder, "what if these maniacs (as opposed to the other maniacs) are right? What if we (the USA) really do have a pissed off deity gunning for us on account of how we've treated said deity's faithful in the past?"

It sure could be enterpreted that way, especially if your a beleagered resident of certain mid-east nations...

#9 Gandu

Gandu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 02:05 AM

OBL group is the largest construction group in the middle east and have done some of the largest constructions of buildings and roads.

Yea he was surprised. He had no idea how to model and anticipate any of this even though he had to build some smilar buildings himself.

I belive all that..

BTW anyone read the real interview OBL gave to the BBC and not the one that disney made for bush?

#10 Rainman

Rainman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4343 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 02:20 AM

Of all things, I remember Tony Blair giving fiery speeches when he was labor opposition leader, when Major was prime minister.

And I can't understand how he is able to change his face too much, too soon, kissing dubya's *** day in and day out.

Am I getting older staying behind or histpory pages are turning faster?!

#11 Lumberjack

Lumberjack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 09:41 AM

9/11 was a dismal failure.

Those idiots didn't get anything right. They flew past the white house and finally crashed into a hardened building instead because they couldn't find their primary target.

Capital building wasn't hit,plane was retaken by unarmed civilians.

WTC planes hit buildings in wrong place,most people got out before the towers fell. Only those above the POI died,if planes had hit lower deathtoll would have been much higher.

They stole their plan from an insurance salesman turned novelist, so much for the "brilliant planning"

All things considered they blew their only chance to make such an attack, hijacking airliners is pretty much a thing of the past.

I have about as much respect for al-qaeda's tactical skills as I do for the average grade school tee-ball team. It was a sucker punch from a group of amateurs. The only thing that scares me is that the americans on the planes didn't retake them all.

#12 smartcode

smartcode

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 11:24 AM

Every I read about WTC from American point of view I want to spew.I dont like deception .

http://serendipity.m...tually_happened

#13 Oceania

Oceania

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3615 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 11:35 AM

Islamic Nutters wouldlike toprove it wasn't a bunch of Towl Heads ... however the facts are somewhat CLEAR!!!

I guess when Israel detonates a nuke in Mecca - the US government will get the blame also ....

#14 Mari

Mari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15430 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:36 PM

up

#15 USAPatriot

USAPatriot

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:45 PM

Something's fishy about a board that won't let you edit your posts. Does everyone else's edit feature work? Mine won't.

#16 KoWT

KoWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8238 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:48 PM

you gotta take the cookie to edit

I think...

#17 Rickk

Rickk

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 17843 posts

How can you tell if a Poster is American ?

Because he isn't whinning about Jews or blaming his troubles on somebody else?

<Americans are the only people (and only after a concerted effort by our gov't and press) that are actually afraid of Saddam's Iraq.>

And people like you seem to think that Iraq was the only place in the Middle East devoid of terrorists.

But you have no trouble trusting Koffi..haha. great.

#18 porky

porky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4585 posts

It's the joooos...

We control the horizontal...we control the vertical...

Arial "12 point" Sharon

#19 Buttersideup

Buttersideup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10450 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:52 PM

How many pages back did you have to go Mari? :D

#20 KoWT

KoWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8238 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 11:02 PM

I trust Kofi now, eh?

Why are you always so dishonest here?

I hope you don't use the shady tactics you employ here in the world.

Kofi's nothing but a guttless bureaucratic asset incapable of taking a solid stand on anything but no-brainer issues.

Americans, what w/ TV viewing and all, are much more succeptible to falling for a cult of personality style play by our elitist masters.

"The world is a safer place with Saddam Hussein in jail" is just a silly statement if viewed from anything but a basal monkey viewpoint.

A sorry assed dictator ruling over a hamstrung and impovrished nation does not a legitimate enemy make, at least not without a lot of time and effort being devoted by opinion makers with the express purpose of making him appear much scarier than he is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru