12 replies to this topic

#1 Mae

Mae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 09:15 PM

US In Violation Of UN Security Council 1441
Today Secretary of State Colin Powell told the United Nations Security Council that they must take action against Iraq. He said that the UN,

#2 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 09:23 PM

Can we undertake not to get Israel
mixed up in this until it plays itself out?

I'm certain the UNSC people don't throw this
jazz into their thinking pool.

#3 Mae

Mae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 09:34 PM

Originally posted by Drizzay
Kids this is the reason your parents told you to say no to DRUGS...

Ok, what is not true in that?

#4 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 10:35 PM

Also, one needs to ask why the US did not turn over this information before, in concurrance with the

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE TURNED OVER??????

LOL

#5 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 10:52 PM

These people do:

Posted: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 9:12 AEDT

Iraq evidence 'disturbing': Downer

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer has described the new evidence against Iraq as deeply disturbing, while Opposition leader Simon Crean says it is significant.

Mr Downer says he still hopes United Nations processes will be followed.

But he has refused to rule out Australia being part of US-led unilateral action.

"There are still a number of events that will take place over the next week or so and we'll have to see what the consequences of those are," he said.

Earlier he told Channel Seven the information confirms what the United Nations inspectors were saying 10 days ago.

"That is that there is no question of it. Iraq are trying to circumvent Security Council resolutions as it's been trying to do for a long time," he said.

"It's trying to frustrate the work of the inspectors instead of co-operating with them which it is required to do by the Security Council. It's a very disturbing pattern of deceit."

Mr Crean says it has not changed his position.

He says the weapons inspectors have further work to do and then it will be up to the United Nations.

"The UN Security Council has to effect the disarmament of Iraq, that's what it has to do."

#6 Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 10:58 PM

Iraq violated a UN insoection resolution as well. Remember?

#7 SmallMind

SmallMind

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 11:08 PM

How about US violating ethics? Does the US have any? Fabricating evidance, lying about it and then wanting others to even pay for it. How about US violating geneva conventions?

"in the final days before the war started on January 9, the Pentagon insisted that not only was Saddam Hussein not withdrawing from Kuwait - he was - but that he had 265,000 troops poised in the desert to pounce on Saudi Arabia. The Pentagon claimed to have satellite photographs to prove it. Thus, the waverers and anti-war protesters were silenced. "We now know from declassified documents and satellite photographs taken by a Russian commercial satellite that there were no Iraqi troops poised to attack Saudi. At the time, no one bothered to ask for proof. "No one except Jean Heller, a five-times nominated Pulitzer prize-winning journalist from the St Petersburg Times in Florida, who persuaded her bosses to buy two photos at $1,600 each from the Russian commercial satellite, the Soyuz Karta. Guess what? No massing troops. "You could see the planes sitting wing tip to wing tip in Riyadh airport," Ms Heller says, "but there wasn't was any sign of a quarter of a million Iraqi troops sitting in the middle of the desert."

#8 grob

grob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4579 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 01:43 PM

Oh it only counts when the riches are moving from the poor to the rich, not the other way around.

#9 Prolefeed

Prolefeed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:47 PM

Hi Vig.

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer has described the new evidence against Iraq as deeply disturbing, while Opposition leader Simon Crean says it is significant.
Mr Downer says he still hopes United Nations processes will be followed.
>>But he has refused to rule out Australia being part of US-led unilateral action.
-------
Of course he refused to rule it out - Howard had already committed the troops - they were over there doing 'joint planning' from the start - all the way with LBJ - they didn't give a f*kc about WMD - it was always just a pretext, the UN was the figleaf to buy time until the troops were ready.

....Without talking about it

#10 Gunslinger

Gunslinger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1036 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:54 PM

The US, Israel, Norht Korea, Iran......none of these countries had any obligations under 1441. It was only the UN and Iraq, and both failed.

#11 Prolefeed

Prolefeed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:21 PM

- sorry my Latin's a bit rusty Gunslinger - Omnia Parotos? - whats that mean... something like 'Bush Parrot' ? :confused:

#12 Gunslinger

Gunslinger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1036 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:25 PM

....prolefeed......an apt handle. I'm not your teacher, mate. If you get a bit of education in my presence, more the better, but I don't give latin lessons.

#13 Slosh

Slosh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2387 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:28 PM

I know it, I know it ... *snip, snip* ... teacher, look at me, I know it ! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru