Debunking The Witchcraft Of Astrology

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_LIBDETH_*

Guest_LIBDETH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2003 - 11:54 PM

Debunking the psuedoscience of Astrology

A plea... For those of you who believe in astrology, please carefully consider what I say. For those of you who don

#2 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 12:40 AM

Yeah:- The stars were not all that accurately aligned
nor were the Planets when these forecasts were made up.

To test your faith, play the horses on the days your
horoscope tells you to do this or that.

We'll be here, checking those results if you want.

#3 Guest_LIBDETH_*

Guest_LIBDETH_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2003 - 12:46 AM

Excellent point. VIGIROUS. It's amazing to me how they expect it to work. It's based on nothing. Just plain old nonsensical superstition, like black cats and breaking mirrors. Just plain silly.

#4 babu

babu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1262 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 02:38 AM

Yes, it's based on nothing. Just plain old nonsense like black cats and breaking mirrors. Just plain silly-- just like religion...

babu--[don't hate me just because I'm right...]

#5 Guest_LIBDETH_*

Guest_LIBDETH_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2003 - 02:45 AM

Hey babu; Way back in the 70's, I checked it out, with an open mind. I even had this chick do my "chart." The more I studied it, the more I saw it was just b.s. It has alot of generalities in it, enough so it could apply to anybody. Regardless of their birthdate. Just more of the same old occult silliness.

#6 Source

Source

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9046 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 10:08 AM

in order to have a genuine experience of the occult as opposed to the mindless 'let me tell you your fortune' variety it's essential to occupy a psychological state which precludes judgement, science, debunking mentalities, scepticism, and fear. if we use our logical, rational, and scientific attitudes towards a subject like the occult we limit our ability to experience it and therefore conclude 'it's bunk'. it's a closed loop.
on the other hand, if we escape those mental and spiritual constraints that which is called occult becomes available and genuine practitioners show up.

all the great masters were/are either occultists or at the very least keenly aware of it.

#7 Odd

Odd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 11:30 AM

...and dear sorcio tell us, why call it occult?
what other names are there not?

#8 Source

Source

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9046 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:14 PM

oh i was just using the words already in use in this thread.

the hidden sorcio.

#9 Guest_LIBDETH_*

Guest_LIBDETH_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:21 PM

Everything occult has satanism at it's root.

#10 Source

Source

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9046 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 09:11 PM

heheh,

i just knew a serious reference to the occult would bring out the big bad devil scenario :rolleyes:

hang on, i just have to deal with this bizarre demon which has just appeared in my living room.....

brb.

#11 Gench

Gench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 09:34 PM

Originally posted by LIBDETH
Everything occult has satanism at it's root.

Actually that's a common mistake that people make.

There's so much BS around regarding what is commonly refered to as Paganism, Heathan-ism, The Occult, Tne Wicca, Druid-ism, etc that it's very easy for the mad, sad, and bad to latch on and use one of the old religions to hide behind whislt causing no end of mischief and generally bringing the rest of us who do take such things seriously into ill repute.

Astrology as a means of foretelling the future is, in my opinion, one such activity that has little going for it though I know that many people would dissagree with me.

Clairvoyance on the other hand is different and I have seen things done that defy any explanation other than there really is some little understood mechanism at play.

#12 Guest_LIBDETH_*

Guest_LIBDETH_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2003 - 12:15 AM

I have seen things done that defy any explanation other than there really is some little understood mechanism at play.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Prove it; A magician/charlatan exposer by the name of "The Amazing Randi" has a standing 1,000,000-one million dollar reward to ANYONE that can prove one single instance of "clairvoyance, pre-cognition, ghosts, poltergeists, faith healing, etc." If you can prove it, you'll be rich, sir! By the way, he's had this offer out there for at least a decade.

#13 Source

Source

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9046 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 12:27 AM

there's the catch though, only a charlatan will be ethically prepared to play the prove it game.

#14 Gench

Gench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 08:30 AM

Originally posted by LIBDETH
I have seen things done that defy any explanation other than there really is some little understood mechanism at play.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Prove it; A magician/charlatan exposer by the name of "The Amazing Randi" has a standing 1,000,000-one million dollar reward to ANYONE that can prove one single instance of "clairvoyance, pre-cognition, ghosts, poltergeists, faith healing, etc." If you can prove it, you'll be rich, sir! By the way, he's had this offer out there for at least a decade.

And that's the whole point - in the case of clairvoyance it can't be proved but can only be sometimes observed.

(I only wish that I was a clairvoyant! I'd have a go for the cash!)

#15 Guest_LIBDETH_*

Guest_LIBDETH_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2003 - 01:46 PM

And that's the whole point - in the case of clairvoyance it can't be proved but can only be sometimes observed.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
Then if it can't be proven it's not true. Remember the scientific method. If something is real it can be seen AND proved.

#16 sb11

sb11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46633 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:44 PM

Job: Canst thou bind the cluster of the Pleiades
Canst thou loose the belt of Orion

(the ignorant criticize what they do not know)

#17 Bignose

Bignose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14937 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:18 PM

The American Presidents have their own personal Astrologers, but it is not recommended for the taxpayers. Speak to Nancy Reagan about her Astrologer, because the Bushes will deny that they have one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru