• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 obmar

obmar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21253 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 01:14 AM

For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it.
For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it.
For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.

--Ivan Panin

#62 Adam

Adam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5686 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:29 AM

There's a s u c k e r born every minute.

P.T. Barnum

#63 obmar

obmar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21253 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 07:26 AM

and he would have missed the point....;)

#64 Adam

Adam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5686 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 07:47 PM

As many do regarding the truth about Jesus being the only way to salvation, His blood was shed for us all as THE FINAL atonement for our sin. The power of God resurrected Him.

#65 obmar

obmar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21253 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:57 PM

[al-Ma'idah 5:75.3] The Messiah, son of Mary, was no other than a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) had passed away before him. And his mother was a saintly woman. And they both used to eat (earthly) food. See how We make the revelations clear for them, and see how they are turned away!

#66 Adam

Adam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5686 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 05:47 AM

Mo' had to lie about Jesus, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to set himself up as a "prophet."

#67 Patience

Patience

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 06:52 AM

Adam writes: "As many do regarding the truth about Jesus being the only way to salvation, His blood was shed for us all as THE FINAL atonement for our sin."

Where the Bible exactly says this?

Peace

#68 Adam

Adam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5686 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 03:45 PM

Originally posted by Patience
Adam writes: "As many do regarding the truth about Jesus being the only way to salvation, His blood was shed for us all as THE FINAL atonement for our sin."

Where the Bible exactly says this?

Peace

Matthew 26:27-28

Then he (Jesus) took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them saying, "Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

#69 Concerned

Concerned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:15 PM

Now i wonder why Matthews refers to this verse at the last supper and John tells us of this verse when Jesus was teaching in the synagogue at Capernaum (John 6:54) but without the words "forgiveness of sins". Mark also mentions it but without the words "forgiveness of sins". (Mark 14:24) And yet others have totally failed to report this verse which is one of the basic rituals of christianity.
And yet all of the Gospel writers had the Holy Spirit in them who was guiding them. Amnesia. i guess!!!

#70 Saint

Saint

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4795 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:51 PM

Originally posted by Concerned
Now i wonder why Matthews refers to this verse at the last supper and John tells us of this verse when Jesus was teaching in the synagogue at Capernaum (John 6:54) but without the words "forgiveness of sins". Mark also mentions it but without the words "forgiveness of sins". (Mark 14:24) And yet others have totally failed to report this verse which is one of the basic rituals of christianity.
And yet all of the Gospel writers had the Holy Spirit in them who was guiding them.

Whats your point?

Do you have to be hammered with the truth for it to be true?

#71 Patience

Patience

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 03:00 PM

For the truth to be true one needs to plainly see it wihtout any discrepancies.

Taking the verse for what it means:

Then he (Jesus) took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them saying, "Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

one can conclude that only those who drank from the cup are forgiven.

Where the Bible states that blood on the cross is the attonement?

Peace

#72 Saint

Saint

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4795 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 08:38 PM

Originally posted by Patience
For the truth to be true one needs to plainly see it wihtout any discrepancies.

Taking the verse for what it means:

one can conclude that only those who drank from the cup are forgiven.

Where the Bible states that blood on the cross is the atonement?

Peace

Very good observation.
The "cup" is a metaphor for the "blood" of Jesus.
It points to the blood that Jesus would shed on the cross to "cover" our sin.
If we receive the blood of Christ, our "sin" is being covered (forgiven)
Christians don't actually cover themselves in blood, rather, they receive the protection accorded children in the family of God.

All children are born into a family. No matter what they do, they will always have the common blood of the family running through their veins. If they don't honor the family, they may be ostracized and shunned, but, they will always share the common heritage.

If they dishonor the family, they may lose an inheritance of financial wealth, but they are still family.

In much the same way God has promised that inheritance to all who believe in the saving power of Jesus. Metaphorically sharing Jesus' blood.

This is not an easy thing for most to accept. Most of us are proudly depending on what we can do for ourselves. Most of us don't want to admit that we are in need of help .

Jesus said,"Except a man be born of water(physical) and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

Jesus provides that Spiritual birth.

Peace

#73 obmar

obmar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21253 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:36 AM

http://www.welcome-b...spaulding.shtml

Ann Spaulding
Posted 9/12/2004. Exclusively contributed to Welcome-Back.org by Ann Spaulding.

Ann Spaulding
"As a revert to Islam, each day is a challenge to me, but I know that Allah is my guide. As a new Muslim, I am, of course, not going to be perfect, and even when I end this life I will not be perfect. But I always remember Allah, and I no longer feel alone! Allah did not promise us that life would be perfect, but I know that He will not give me any burden that is more than I can stand, and that He would never leave me."

I love to read revert stories. It is amazing to me how people come to know love of Allah and the way of life in Islam, and how many come to the conclusion that Islam is the Truth out of many different ways of life. This is a miracle of our Faith.

I would like to tell you how I, too, found that Truth. Part of this was written when I moved to Virginia around December 2002.

Childhood
I was born and raised in West Virginia in a Christian Family. My father was a Jew. Needless to say we never talked much after my reversion to Islam, not that we really talked much before then. He and my mother divorced when I was only one. My older sisters said it was because I was born a female, and he wanted a male. I think he was a man that could not handle the responsibilities of his actions. So he left my mother with four daughters to raise and support without his help. Thus, we grew up very poorly. My father died in July of 2003 a Jew. He refused to talk to me during those last few years since I reverted to Islam. We did talk a little before then. I am afraid that when I was older and met my father, I did not like him as a man. My mother believed in God but also was a scientist of some sort. But, alhamdulillah, she believed in Charity and helping others. I came from a mostly Christian family that knew fear of God and practiced it to the best of their ability. In the area where I grew up, one would not even know what a Muslim is let alone seeing a woman walking down the street wearing hijab!

I started playing flute when I was only 5 and became a professional flute player when I was only 12. I also played many other instruments, such as oboe, saxophone etc. I even made good money playing in jazz groups and symphonies. My family never really had time for me. I was put off at my grandparents a lot, and since my grandfather was bed ridden, my grandmother never truly had time to care what I did. Fortunately for me, I never sought bad things. I was just busy with my flute and music. This was my life, and my only love in life.

My mother was a social worker; she was out saving the lives of many children who were handicapped or had mental disabilities. She got them out of abusive homes and placed them into safer homes. I was proud of her for that. But when I needed her as my own mother, she was just not there. I guess she could not save all the children in the world, so someone had to be left out. I basically raised myself.

The only thing that gave me love in this world was my flute, my music, and my many music teachers. I led, I am afraid, a life of no love and of not being wanted. My older sisters didn

#74 obmar

obmar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21253 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:37 AM

Reversion to Islam
About that time also, I met a Muslim lady who moved to our town. She gave me a few pamphlets on Islam, which I read. Although I did not revert, she did open up a door for me to the inside life of a Muslim. I liked how she practiced her faith by being nice and honest which she showed to all. She not only talked about Islam but also walked Islam! I am thankful to her - may Allah reward her greatly.

My daughter was in college at that time where she met some friends. After visiting Minnesota, she loved it there and liked the college where her friends went. Consequently, we also moved to that area. She moved first since I was in the middle of classes at my own college. (I went back to school when I had her almost raised and she did not need me quite as much). She met some Muslim people from Sudan, Pakistan and the UAE, and started studying Islam. By then, I too had been looking more and more into Islam. It was one of the religions I was studying. For one reason or another, I kept coming back to studying Islam and the Qur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru