33 replies to this topic

#21 IceHawk

IceHawk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 05:32 PM

fu2,

NATO sent planes to US because it was attacked (9-11) and they were helping a fellow NATO member in her defense. (Article 4)

Afghanistan became a UN venture at the request of the US on the Security Council. The two events are not NATO related, only the first.

Gonzo and fu2,

Saddam has already said he will attack Kuwait and Turkey if he is attacked by anyone. He also said that anyone who aids the US in attacking him will be subject to attack. I would say that Turkey has real concerns that need to be addressed by NATO. Three NATO Countries are preventing that, by doing so, IAW with Article 9, they risk Censure and/or removal from NATO.

I'll say this again so you will better understand.

"The Letter of the Law can sometimes cause great evil to occur, yet good civilizations would readily cease to exist without the framework of Law."

Another words, Germany, France and Belgium voluntarily signed on to the charter, they need to now voluntarily adhere to it.

Good Day.

#22 Tokyoman

Tokyoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 05:43 PM

IceHawk,
If NATO moves forces into Turkey to defend it from an as yet undelivered threat, then the question of Iraq possibly attacking Turkey becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Which is what this whole action against Iraq is becoming. Iraq is being portrayed as the aggressor every time it makes comments responding to the threats growing around it. Washington is playing a very shrewd chess game.

"Afghanistan became a UN venture at the request of the US on the Security Council." Interesting.

#23 IceHawk

IceHawk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 06:08 PM

I would say Touche' TokyoMan but most on this board think President Bush is an Idiot. One thing is for sure, he is a brilliant political strategist. (kind of reminds me of Churchill, everyone underesitmated the old bulldog too)

From my point of view, he realized along time ago that Saddam has been the agressor since 1980. I believe he also understands that Saddam has no intention of changing his ways and if Saddam can get the UN off his back, he will rebuild his Military and try to expand again. So I pose this to you TokyoMan, if you were trying to get rid of Saddam and his followers and you couldn't assassinate them due to legal ramifications, how would you proceed?

1) Isolate Saddam/followers to everyone as the sole cause for the problems that exist.

2) Present a no win scenario to Saddam(close off all military/political options)

3) Let someone else do the dirtywork to prevent a catastrophe from occurring and/or see if the quarry will run.

4) Walk in/barge in and help clean up the mess.

There will be no peace as long as Saddam is in place, President Bush could be gone as soon as November 2004.
George Bush doesn't scare me, he's got to many checks and balances to keep him in line. Can you say the same about Saddam?

Good Day

#24 baltoga

baltoga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3626 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:39 PM

Update!

Turkey has requested emergency consultations under NATO's mutual defense treaty

#25 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:03 PM

time of the essence

#26 gonzo

gonzo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14844 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:04 PM

IceHawk
[QUOTE]Saddam has already said he will attack Kuwait and Turkey if he is attacked by anyone.[/QUOTE]

if he is attacked by anyone The key word is if. Strategically speaking, Saddam has every right to attack any country that is providing direct assistance to the attack on his country. The Turks cant have it both ways, If the Turkish government wants sell its values and the will of its people, They will answer for it and by God i wont feel sorry for them.

baltoga Update
[QUOTE]Turkey has requested emergency consultations under NATO's mutual defense treaty

#27 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:08 PM

The last group which needs to support
the initiative will be the US churches.

The president is working on that support now.

Morally, if he goes in the face of the churches'
disapproval, they will lose their stake in Iraqi
oilfields along with Russia, France etc

#28 gonzo

gonzo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14844 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:17 PM

Vig,

getting the support of the Churches is just gross.

Maybe,He is worried about his soul

#29 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:24 PM

When I introduced the fact that the United Methodist
Church was against this war, boogiedog replied that
it was a communist org. Odd that the President should
belong to such a congregation. Odder that he should
stay with it in view of position of the church.

Hypocritical even.

#30 Uragan

Uragan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17196 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 08:57 PM

Defend them from what?

Their people probably. The people of Turkey want the government gone, the people are anti-war!

Another thing, when Israel attacked Iraq in 1982 without a declaration of War, in 1991 Iraq feared attack and and used SS-1 SCUD's to hit Israeli military targets, this the reason for the tiny death toll of 2 Israelis(probably some guards at an arms depot).

#31 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2003 - 09:05 PM

IceHawk I don't think Bush realized anything ,he is too stupid .It was Perle and Wolfowitz who realized theirs and Israels goals :rolleyes:

#32 MirrorMan

MirrorMan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8412 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:40 AM

[URL][/URL]

#33 CHORNYVOLK

CHORNYVOLK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22452 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:42 AM

blahtoga you mentally challenged dweeb how does it feel to be remined of your stupidity ?

#34 seanus

seanus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2565 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:49 AM

Originally posted by MirrorMan

I worry about ya :D
Are you the one that was trying to take some keys out with a screwdriver a while back? :D:D
Seanus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru