• Please log in to reply
3815 replies to this topic

#2381 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:35 PM

Mcgrath is the best bowler in the world at present, as we saw in the 1 dayers. We won't win the Ashes with him about. I posted as such at the bbc's cricket forum a week ago. You just can't lose 5 early wickets all the time and survive.

#2382 Brendon

Brendon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13976 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:44 PM

What a first day!

unfknblvbl!

#2383 Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:11 AM

What a resersal of fortune...

Earlier, Boycott was already gloating about England being the best... bla-bla-bla & tra-la-la

...and at stump the poms are in total shock..

who did they think they were playing against?

We Aussies don't need to crow or gloat about...

Our records are just there in black and white for all to see.

C'mon Aussie c'mon...

#2384 Brendon

Brendon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13976 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:25 AM

Yes, I also noticed a bit of counting the chickens before they hatched from some of the English commentators prior to their own coillapse. One took a cheap shot at Gilly, implying that he would cheat and appeal even if he didn't think a snick or an lbw was was out. I thought "thats a bit uncharitable".

Listen, if the wicket gets tamer, the wickets might become harder to get with 4 quicks pounding away. But Warne might come into the equation.

No-one got over 50. Tough wicket.

With the first day gone like it has, only rain will prevent a result.

from zxb half way through the day's play:

They'll hate all the more now. 97/5.

The Poms can only dream about getting all the way to ninety seven with the loss of only five wickets! :D

#2385 Sketchy

Sketchy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:53 AM

There better be some play left on Sat or I'll be one pi$$ed off bloke.

#2386 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:12 PM

Aussies 139/3. Ponting gone. Lead 175. I think Michael Clarke is going to play a great innings.

No hope for the Poms as long as Clarke, Martyn, Gilly, and Katich are around.

Is 300+ gettable in the second innings by the Poms?

:devil:

#2387 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:31 PM

600+ would be a hell of a chase, yeah. . :kowt:

#2388 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:43 PM

Originally posted by Brendon
from zxb half way through the day's play:

The Poms can only dream about getting all the way to ninety seven with the loss of only five wickets! :D

You stink! Anyway 155 wasn't bad considering what we started on. Pity Pieterson can't catch though. Todays honours even I feel, overall advantage to Australia but not by much. :kowt:

#2389 Brendon

Brendon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13976 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:38 AM

This pitch will change every day, it seems.

Both teams have a good batting line up. So 17 wickets in the first day tells you something.

The English tail proved the saying "Fortune favours the brave"! They must have edged about 25 runs.

The Aussies batted tough in the second day. They didn't get those runs easily. If they end up with a lead of 350, I think the Poms will have to play much better than they have been to win.

It might be "Shane Warne Day" tomorrow looking at the way the pitch is deteriorating.

#2390 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:48 AM

"It might be "Shane Warne Day" tomorrow looking at the way the pitch is deteriorating"

It was so true. 260 odd to get. 5 troops left. We can still do it! And here's how. Brett Lee bowls 2 in 2 and excessive punching the air over-strains his heart leading to cardiac arrest. Glenn Mcgrath bowls a wicket maiden and suddenly transforms into a stark, staring, raving schizophrenic. Warney fails to avoid an on drive from Pieterson which hits his bowling arm, which sort of falls off completely proceeding to dislodge the bails and runs out the non-striker. Now, calculate the odds. :)

#2391 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 02:01 AM

A million to one?:angel:

#2392 Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 02:47 AM

England's batting reduced to ashes... AGAIN :cool:

#2393 Brendon

Brendon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13976 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 10:49 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brendon
[B]Aren't you chaps speaking a little soon? ;)

This current Australian team has won everything over the past decade. A form slump is a dangerous thing for the opposition, when its a side as good as the current Aussie team.

I have heard Willis, Botham, Imram Khan, all making disparaging comments on this team. They are all coming out of the woodwoork to stick the knife in.

Now,

where do you think the coach has got all those news clippings? Posted all over the Australian dressing rooms, I'll bet.

Not long ago this what the New Zealand captain said about the Australian bowlers: [i]

#2394 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:37 AM

Originally posted by Baton Rouge
England's batting reduced to ashes... AGAIN :cool:

I'm sure I'm not the only one with the suspicion that any knocks Pietersen puts in will be in losing causes or lucky draws. South Africa ODIs here we go again. . .and this time, a phalanx of sixes will not offer enough consolation. :bawling:

#2395 Brendon

Brendon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13976 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:44 AM

Pietersen is a great talent. But compare him to Clarke.

Clarke is the complete package. Not as talented in batting. But not far from it. And Clarke is an asset in the field. Can't say the same about Pietersen. He would have to put in a few season's hard slog to get up to Clarke's level.

Look at it this way: Pietersen's fumbled missed catch on Clarke on 21 cost England 70 runs. And that was not a hard catch.

#2396 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:24 PM

Some shocker drops from quite a few of them, yes. :crazy: Clarke is brilliant at almost everthing it seems, and he's had Pietersen out off his bowling once or twice as well. KP to open the batting with Afridi in the World v Oz one-dayers. :D

#2397 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:35 PM

Originally posted by Brendon
This current Aussie side is every bit a good as the the great Windies sides of the 80's.

With a great spinner too. :cool:

#2398 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:47 PM

The only thing that really concerns me about the current Oz side is the number of players with highlights in their hair. Some of the England bowlers were experimenting with shaved heads at one point, and we can only hope that Pietersen's 'hairstyle' doesn't catch on either. :uh:

#2399 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:07 PM

Steve Waugh thinks that the Poms have to loosen up not only their stiff upper lips but also their bodies.

Maybe have a couple like Andrew Symonds:cheers:

Catching has been a grey area for the England team for 15 years, and they will have to loosen up a little on the field if they want to hold on to their chances.

C'mon Poms, the convicts are human too. Dont make them gods.:D

#2400 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:56 PM

Mcgrath and Warne aren't Gods? Will you tell Ponting or shall I? :angel:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru