• Please log in to reply
3815 replies to this topic

#2621 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 11:56 PM

Ah well. That was not a bad little parade, although somebody really should sue the ECB under the European convention of human rights as half our side were too pissed, stoned or wacked to take part. Further proof of this can be seen in the group photos, some of which look like The Matrix meets the England Cricket Team in terms of half the team wearing shades. :D

Ag, your men are being totally embarrassed by the black sheep (excuse the expression) of international cricket. Please improve. I don't want us to pound your chaps into submission by an innings in every test this winter. :(

#2622 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 12:56 AM

Botswana will be the major force in world cricket in 15 years! :gadfly:

#2623 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:52 PM

Originally posted by zxb
Ah well. That was not a bad little parade, although somebody really should sue the ECB under the European convention of human rights as half our side were too pissed, stoned or wacked to take part. Further proof of this can be seen in the group photos, some of which look like The Matrix meets the England Cricket Team in terms of half the team wearing shades. :D

Ag, your men are being totally embarrassed by the black sheep (excuse the expression) of international cricket. Please improve. I don't want us to pound your chaps into submission by an innings in every test this winter. :(

The photo of the English (British?;) ) cricket team with shades is not inappropriate.

The sight of Kevin Pietersen taking evasive action from a Brett Lee bouncer would have made Keanu Reeves turn green with envy.

Have a look at the India vs Black Sheep scores. Personally, I hate the idea of touring that place because of Mugabe's racism, but what better place is there in the world for a team to rediscover its batting touch?

Ganga relearns batting. And Laxman scores 140.

Batting practice

Hard work lies ahead but that's the way it should be and that's what makes a team number one. Australia won't abdicate the crown without a fight even though the Pommies have it perched on their heads right now.

The convicts will be back :devil:

Somebody should teach the Iraqis to learn cricket and challenge the White House to a match.

Condi Rice could keep wickets.:angel:

#2624 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:54 PM

They earned it

#2625 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 06:27 AM

Readers in India will be familiar with how captains can be in trouble after a loss to Pakistan, but fortunately for Ponting that is not the case in Australia.

Given a choice between Ponting and Warne an Indian would plump for Warne.

I mean just look at him. His personal life is a disaster but he bowled his heart out for Australia. In similar circumstances, Thorpe ran away from the game.

Sometimes you disagree with Steve Waugh

#2626 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:52 PM

Sourav, you are a legend but the end is close now. Kaif and Yuvraj are the future of India. Hand over the baton to Dravid and I am sure India will be proud of you for centuries to come for what you have done for the country. E Ahmed United Kingdom

If so, I'd die for you :devil:

#2627 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:55 PM

Poor Gangas. He has really hung on for far too long. I suppose he'll come good and wallop 700 runs when we tour India. ;)

Wonder if Tajbhay could replace an unreliable Harmy :confused:

#2628 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:36 AM

Just you wait zxb. :D :D :D

We now have a convict who is coaching India and he is teaching us that NSW need not be necessarily better or worse than Victoria and we are sort of getting close to the point at where he is so unobstrusively, convict-like, pointing.

Sometimes globalization has its advantages.

Thank you, Greg Chappell, for being India's coach.

Go ahead, Greg. Speak your mind. A billion of us want to know what you think. Most of us agree with you when you speak because we have seen you either in real life or on video, bat.

Go Aussie, Go! Phuck bureaucratic red tape and the politicians. Speak your mind to NDTV.com or tehelka.com.

Let us have the reverse swing revolution.

If we have Steve Waugh as manager for the next World Cup, I say India would be World No. 1.

If only we curry munchers were more organized, we'd be dangerous.:devil:

PS. We'll never bowl underarm. Trevor may have, but we won't.:cheers:

#2629 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:42 AM

I think this guy wants his own seat on the UN Security Council now :cheers:

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/4259380.stm

#2630 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 12:27 PM

Andrew Flintoff has tipped England to become a "superpower" of world cricket after their Ashes defeat of Australia.

Why not?:devil:

#2631 Guest_piehunt_*

Guest_piehunt_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2005 - 02:14 PM

Not only can he play mighty fine cricket, but he can drink for England too! What more do you want in a man! :D

#2632 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:49 PM

He can barely remember shaking hands with a bloke called Tony Blair.:D

#2633 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:11 PM

Well hangovers over, the world XI series. I can't help thinking we are somewhat sparsely represented considering we are a good second best team in the world. Flinty in both squads. Pieterson in the odi squad and Harmy in the test unit. And to be frank, I don't think Harmy should be there. He hasn't been our best bowler for at least a year now. :tralala:

#2634 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 06:53 AM

I think that it is damn good. England has been represented by names that every kid in the cricket playing world knows.

BTW,

Did Sir Francis Drake bowl?:D

The last bowler to be knighted was Sir Francis Drake? :cheers:

#2635 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 07:11 AM

Brought up on slow bowling, reading spinners from the hand, quick on their feet, proficient in the cut, pull, and lofted shot, Indian batsmen have played Warne rather better than anyone else. Some of their Pakistani counterparts have done the job well too: both Salim Malik and Inzamam-ul-Haq have played match-winning innings' against Warne on tracks turning square

Si Jones should be there instead of Harmison, but they gotta go for the big guys with the big names, innit? Why Inzi was chosen ahead of Vaughan:D

#2636 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 07:19 AM

England's most famous bowler is, of course, Sir Francis Drake, who, in 1588, is said to have completed his game of bowls before setting sail to defeat the Spanish Armada.

http://www.abc.net.a...es/s1458478.htm

:wonder:

#2637 EZland

EZland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12346 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:55 AM

I it wasn't abloody s torm near Finnisterra the Armada Invencivel would bowl the barbaria.... :Bad: :happy:
(it's difficult to post in this crap thread.... djeeee....):rolleyes: :cool:

#2638 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:57 AM

er, yeah. . :uh:

#2639 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:41 AM

But Jones is still injured. Doh.:mad:

#2640 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 12:24 PM

Don't worry about Jones. We can deploy a second spinner instead, and laugh as the Pakis are skittled by the arm of Udal. :happy:

I think Warney should get a K. He couldn't have done more to earn one, and as we give them to useless incompetants like Garfield Sobers (:D) he should have one too. If he wants one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru