Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:13 PM

Originally posted by xagversum
He'll be playing when he's 70 if the commies have their say:D

No doubt getting yorked by Boycott's "moom." :cheers:

What was Jayasuriya doing in the bath anyway that caused him to dislocate a shoulder?;)

#2882 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:58 PM

Practising his shots to gully? :chok:

#2883 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:07 AM

Hit us if you can!!! :cheers: :Party: :viva:

#2884 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:28 PM

I was going to leave a post here saying Gilchrist should "do a Hayden" for a while, be less aggressive and get some slow scores, but that's nonsense because he's mostly been getting out from defensive shots. Swing away, Gilly:cheers:

You can now get a degree in the history of cricket - and this is to be one of the main textbooks:

Comparative Dravidian Linguistics: Current Perspectives

:kowt:

#2885 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 01:01 PM

That might be the only degree I can get. :)

Meanwhile Kallis is going for a Phd in selfish batting. 14 off 47 when very quick runs were needed and running out quick scoring Gibbs, although with rain delays it won't affect the outcome this time.:mad:

#2886 Brendon

Brendon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13976 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:28 PM

Originally posted by xagversum
I was going to leave a post here saying Gilchrist should "do a Hayden" for a while, be less aggressive and get some slow scores, but that's nonsense because he's mostly been getting out from defensive shots. Swing away, Gilly:cheers:

You can now get a degree in the history of cricket - and this is to be one of the main textbooks:

Comparative Dravidian Linguistics: Current Perspectives

:kowt:

Gilly smashed the ball all over the park for his 80 odd.

#2887 Brendon

Brendon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13976 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:35 PM

Ha!

There was a lot of spirited appealing last test when Warne kept hitting the pads.

The South African coach and captain had a great big whinge over it.

The Australian team were told they were skating on thin ice by the umpire staff. The Australians said they would be appealing like usual.

This test the umpires have done a terrible job this match. Shocking decisions both ways. It would seem the umpires have been rattled by all the publicity in the previous week.

Captain Smith failed again. But to a poor decision. What a backfire!

And with South Africa on top, it might cost them the game.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of whiners.:cheers:

#2888 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 05:12 AM

. . .brings his 2nd ton up to take the score to 222/2. Not bad for a few day's work.

#2889 Brendon

Brendon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13976 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 06:27 AM

The Australian team win an improbable match. Hayden an Ponting set it up with a huge 151 runs in the session before tea.

Poor umpiring decisions and rain on the 4th day helping them. Not that the Aussies didn't get their helping of poor decisions. And also South Africa batted first on a pitch that helped the batting side a lot. Thats the way it goes.

My hat's off to Smith now. I've forgiven his whining about the Oz team appealing. He declared to give the Aussies 280 odd to score in 2 and a bit sessions. He under-estimated the strength of the Oz batsmen, and over-estimated the condition of the pitch for his spinners.

Still, he had a go.

Kallis is a disgrace.

Nice to see he hit 50 in the second innings. At a snail's pace.:rolleyes: While his team-mates were sacrificing their wickets to get a decent quick-fire score. They really needed 300+ lead, not 280. But Kallis was in the way, focusing on his batting average. He slowed things up. No way was Kallis there to play the anchor role. He is the number one batsman in the team, and he had just scored a century in the previous innings. You don't make those guys the anchor. Get runs or get out. He may have better figures than most, but he is selfish. Gilchrist could have been excused for slowing up yesterday when he got into his 80's, given his recent form, but he still went out taking a risk to push the score along.

I'll bet Smith is seething at Kallis. I'm sure he was counting on a 300+ lead.

#2890 Shilka

Shilka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20852 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:46 AM

Congrats on the big series win Brendon.

All I can say about this sad state of affairs (from my point of view) is that it wouldn't have been so hard to stomach if we didn't have such an incompetent and arrogant little fag as team captain.

No one amongst the SA expats I know in London has anything good to say about him. He can bat a bit but that's about as far as it goes.

Pullhair

#2891 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:03 PM

In fairness to Smith, I don't think anyone could have predicted that Australia would charge down such a large total at nearly 5 an over. It doesn't happen much. That Ponting is not a bad batsman is he? We did well to restrict him to only 1 ton during the Ashes.

#2892 Shilka

Shilka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20852 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:32 PM

Comrade ZXB

I don't want to be fair to that muppet. I want him lynched for consistently idiotic media statements and incompetence on the pitch.

When one is in battle and the Commanding Officer is a moron unnecessarily putting the lives of the men at risk, the only decent thing to do is execute the CO for the greater good.

#2893 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:24 PM

Like Stalin?:devil:

#2894 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:52 PM

Shilka has a point. Smith doesn't exactly inspire his teammates. He failed miserably as captain of the Rest of the World where other players like Inzy and Sehwag routinely showed him the finger.

Oz, though, is unbelievable. The greatest joy is when one's parents watch us score 100 in one's 100th Test.

Kudos Punter Ponting.:cheers:

First batsman to score 100 in each innings of a 100th Test.:kowt:

#2895 Shilka

Shilka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20852 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 08:49 PM

Inzamam is a legend. I'd trade him for 10 Smurfs. :cheers:

#2896 Shilka

Shilka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20852 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 08:51 PM

Originally posted by zxb
Like Stalin?:devil:

Like this ex-mercenary fellow I once met who claimed to have done something along those lines. :Bad:

#2897 Brendon

Brendon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13976 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

Originally posted by Shilka
Congrats on the big series win Brendon.

All I can say about this sad state of affairs (from my point of view) is that it wouldn't have been so hard to stomach if we didn't have such an incompetent and arrogant little fag as team captain.

No one amongst the SA expats I know in London has anything good to say about him. He can bat a bit but that's about as far as it goes.

Pullhair

No Shilka. Kallis is the man you should vent you anger at. South Africa needed 320. And they could have got it. But Kallis was looking to his own career averages.

Smith is only 24. He needs his arse kicked for some of the arrogant things he says on the personal level.. But at least he has a go, and tries to win. He can only learn.

I like Nel! He is another that has a go.

#2898 Shilka

Shilka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20852 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:35 PM

Dunno comrade Brendon

Some of my less informed compatriots are also blaming Kallis but at the end of the day he wasn't the only SA batting. The rest of those clowns could have sped things up a bit while retaining their wickets. They didn't.

Sure he was slow in that innings but ultimately the rest of the team weren't up to the job either and the captaincy was dubious and error-laden as usual.

It's one thing being a bit arrogant and being able to back up that arrogance with corresponding performances (i.e. Jose Mourinho from Chelsea and the Aussie Cricket team) but being a loudmouth, showing poor judgement and getting whipped every time doesn't cut the mustard.

PS
I quite like Nel too, he overdoes the aggression act a bit at times but he tries hard which is the most important thing.

#2899 Brendon

Brendon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13976 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:09 AM

Shilka,

Kallis took 180 minutes(!) to make his measley 50 runs on a very easy pitch. His batting was totally without risk. Pollock took only 24 minutes to get 26 runs.

Kallis is your No.1 batsman.

Ponting was in the middle for only 22 minutes longer than Kallis, but scored nearly one hundred more runs!

Kallis and Ponting are on about par as far as ability goes.
All the other South Africans had a go. Prince, Boucher, and Gibbs all sacrificed their wickets on an easy pitch trying to get the run-rate up.

South Africa may have won it with a 320 lead. There is not a lot between the two teams.

#2900 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:54 PM

Australia A team squash SA with ease, though not quite as professionally as we splattered Australias guts over the Rose bowl last summer. :respekt:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru