• Please log in to reply
3815 replies to this topic

#3521 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:44 AM

hold on there Ag. India and Pak are out of it!!! Lay off the cocnut juice:cheers:

#3522 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:20 PM

Trav

My money is on OZ, but I would also like to bet on Lankan flair and Jayasuriya going berserk.:angel:

Meanwhile WI cannot even score at a rate of 2 an over against Bangas.

Gayle was blown away and Smith too. Like I said, funny game.

Who would have ever thought that England could win back the Ashes?

They did, didn't they?:respekt:

#3523 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:11 PM

Originally posted by Agnostic
Trav
Meanwhile WI cannot even score at a rate of 2 an over against Bangas.

Gayle was blown away and Smith too. Like I said, funny game.

Bowlers have more than made up for it though. :mad:

#3524 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:02 AM

On Saturday, when I watch him play at Barbados - I plan to go for the game now that I hear it is his last - I want fans to forget the disappointment of the West Indies campaign in the World Cup. Instead, I hope they will come in to watch the man who was so masterful through the 1990s, and gifted his side with countless achievements that we can all be proud of. Here was a man who could accomplish just about anything on his day - and that's the way I would like to remember this very special player as I see him take the field for the last time.

End of an Era... :kowt:

Another champion Aussie on Tendulkar...

#3525 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 12:38 AM

England won something! :Party:

Goodbye Brian mate. Happy retirement and many lucrative sponsership deals to you. :)

#3526 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 02:06 PM

Vaughan can bowl?????:confused:

#3527 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

Vaughan can bowl?????:confused:

Ask Sach! :P

#3528 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:40 AM

Lankan lions (one tiger in the 11) send Kiwis home.

At least one team from the subcontinent in the final.:kowt:

#3529 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:41 PM

Originally posted by Brendon
South Africa is also playing well. Sri Lanka is a dark horse of some note. This World Cup has a strange flavour about it, Agnostic.

Brendon is a brilliant predictor. I'm sticking with him. :angel:

#3530 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:55 PM

Much as I admire the Aussies for being cricket supermen, it becomes boring when they win every frigging match.

My cheers are for the only subcontinental team in the final.

I shall be drunk and cheer every time Murali spins the ball.

Never mind if Australia wins. That is what is expected anyway.:Party: :viva: :devil: :cheers:

#3531 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:38 PM

Much as I admire the Aussies for being cricket supermen, it becomes boring when they win every frigging match.

My cheers are for the only subcontinental team in the final.

I shall be drunk and cheer every time Murali spins the ball.

Never mind if Australia wins. That is what is expected anyway.:Party: :viva: :devil: :cheers:

I'm speculating about putting 18p on Australia to win on Saturday. I'm that confident. :D

This WC has been a lame duck on the whole. The winners haven't lost more than 6 wickets in a match, hardly ever been run close for any period of time. :mad:

#3532 Deadlyfork

Deadlyfork

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:30 PM

Originally posted by zxb
I'm speculating about putting 18p on Australia to win on Saturday. I'm that confident. :D

This WC has been a lame duck on the whole. The winners haven't lost more than 6 wickets in a match, hardly ever been run close for any period of time. :mad:

lol, exactly what i think - it has been a very boring world cup overall but im sure Australian fans would think otherwise and rightfully so.

this saturday, at the very least, i am hoping for a close match and not a 1 sided affair like the SA-Aus match was.

#3533 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:37 PM

One for you Ag. :congrats:

Note that they didn't go back more than a century to carefully exclude God from the list of candidates. :kowt:

#3534 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 04:44 AM

Watching Gilchrist and Hayden hit the ball almost like 2 Viv Richards in tandem, or Ponting play, or McGrath turn a game. Unbelievable fielding... thats boring?

Hmmm?

Its not just all about who is winning. There has been some great performances from other than the Oz team as well this WCup.

No-one ever said the West Indies team was boring. But a case could be made that four quicks is boring. Viv Richards did his thing so often it was becoming blase.

See! You can make any thing sound boring. LOL

#3535 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:43 PM

Originally posted by Jimi
Watching Gilchrist and Hayden hit the ball almost like 2 Viv Richards in tandem, or Ponting play, or McGrath turn a game. Unbelievable fielding... thats boring?

When it happens in 4 games out of 5 repeatedly for ages, yes it does get boring. The novelty wears off, predictability set in, and even some Australian fans can get slightly embarrassed. Still, it won't go on for ever. Mcgrath plays his last game today, Hayden is probaby approaching retirement. Gilly also, although that'll be a shame as he's a splendid chap.

There has been some great performances from other than the Oz team as well this WCup.

True. :cool:

#3536 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:00 PM

ah me:o 172 for1...................

#3537 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:23 PM

Will Gilly get 200? Will Symonds get to bat? or Clarke? or Hussey? Such a dilemma:scrollhah

#3538 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:51 AM

Great innings by Gilly, but a facial end to a badly executed tournament. At least it's over at last. Well played Australia, you demonstrated even more so than usual why you are the best in the world, possibly the best ODI side so far.

#3539 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:46 PM

Da missus rang up while I was watching Gilly belt the ball all over the park and said I was wasting my time and that Oz would win anyway.

Meanwhile:

Viv Richards' Dream Team of 2007: Matthew Hayden, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Ricky Ponting (capt), Kevin Pieterson, Mahela Jayawardene, Herschelle Gibbs, Scott Styris, Shaun Tait, Shane Bond, Glenn McGrath and Muttiah Muralitharan.

:wonder:

The Oscar goes to...

Well done OZ.

Not to worry. England will win in 2011.:bolt:

Hopefully, this thread will still be around.:devil:

#3540 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:16 PM

Originally posted by zxb
When it happens in 4 games out of 5 repeatedly for ages, yes it does get boring. The novelty wears off, predictability set in, and even some Australian fans can get slightly embarrassed. Still, it won't go on for ever. Mcgrath plays his last game today, Hayden is probaby approaching retirement. Gilly also, although that'll be a shame as he's a splendid chap.

True. :cool:

The best series so far was England Vs Australia. When England won. With McGrath out in the second test, it was all the England side needed to sneak back in and they keep a tight lead throughout, after that. Fantastic battle. Warne almost stole it back on the last day of the 4th test.

Brilliant series, because of the level it was played at.

Its not Australia. Other teams have to lift. Then we will see some memorable encounters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru