3815 replies to this topic

#3601 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:24 AM

Aussies yes, Gangas maybe, but Brits?:wonder:

Have you been going to the Regent's Park mosque?;)

#3602 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:06 PM

Gary Kirsten, the former South African opener, is the surprise front-runner to be India's next coach. While the Indian board said Kirsten was interviewed by the coach selection committee on Monday and a formal announcement on the new coach would be made in a week's time, senior officials were saying off the record that the appointment was a formality.

Gary Kirsten would be a great choice. :kowt:

#3603 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:08 AM

323/3 is not bad at all and that too by tea time on the first day of a test...:wonder:

#3604 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:43 AM

Vaughan has to keep Bell ringing... :cheers:

#3605 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:22 PM

Murali level with Warne. :kowt:

#3606 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:37 PM

Originally posted by Agnostic
Murali level with Warne. :kowt:

That's not good. :(

#3607 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:00 PM

Already the supremely confident Murali has spoken of being the first to get 1000 Test wickets.

This record will take some beating...

:wonder:

#3608 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:11 PM

It may well never be beaten. I personally don't think Murali will get a 1000. 900 probably. 950 maybe, but he's not as young as he was. Still, well done Murali you legend! :rockon: :clap: Now go away.

#3609 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:13 AM

Ted Corbett thinks he can turn the ball on the M4.:devil:

#3610 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:07 PM

Steve Waugh says: "You would struggle to find a better human being. He possesses an even temperament and a cool clinical demeanour that belies the infectious smile and grotesque facial contortions at the point of delivery. He is great for world cricket."

Murali the Magnificent

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

#3611 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:54 AM

Try to flick a yo-yo with a straight arm you can't get your wrist to work. Bend yor elbow to give it more of a flick and your wrist loosened up and you will give that yo-yo a hell of a tweak!

Instead of straight arming the yo-yo and trying to use your wrist to flick it (very stiff action) push out like a shot-put action, and fell how easy it is to flick.

Copy Muralitharan's "chucking" action. This will give you hours of pleasure with your yo-yo.

- Instructions that came with a yo-yo I purchased.

There was a video taken of Muralitharan bowling medium pacers back in the early nineties. I've seen it. What a fraud.

Bedi would have had a thousand wickets if he was allowed to chuck. Just ask him. LOL

#3612 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:01 AM

We won in 1983...:tralala:

Allright then... you can boast now!

:viva:

#3613 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:03 PM

How come the Aussie biomechanical guys cleared him?:devil:

#3614 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:18 PM

How come the Aussie biomechanical guys cleared him?:devil:

How could they have cleared him if later on the ICC had to change the rules to accomodate his "action"? A possible answer is that Muralitharan can bowl straighter when tested. Hmmmmmm?

Nothing personal against the guy. But his action was illegal for years as proven by the fact they had to recently change the laws to fit him in.

Every young bowler with a similar action is being pulled out of academies all over the world.

Where are all the young bent-armed doosra "bowlers" of the past 5 years? Every young hopeful in the world wanted to be just like the the speedsters from the Windies of the 80's once. Quite a few were tried in varous teams in the late eighties and 90's. So where are all the young bent armed chucking doosra enthusiasts? Not in any national team I can see. Where are all the other chuckers, successful or not. Maybe you say he is a one-off in ability, but where are his imitators?

There will never be another "Muralitharan". Thank God. It is political correctness and money that has kept the joke going.

Daryl Hair is an irritating fellow and doesn't get it right all the time. But he had the courage to say and act where no one else would. And he was vindicated when they changed the rules. After the cricket establishment went after D. Hair, no other umpire has had the courage to call it.

Records are meant to be broke. Couldn't give a toss about Warne's. He will be judged on Test series like ther 2005 Ashes. Not how many he got. McGrath is not a better bowler than Akram because he got more wickets.

Did Saqlain Mushtaq, the inventor of the doosra, have an elbow defect like Muralitharan as well?

#3615 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:45 PM

PROOF Muralitharan can straighten his arm.

Here is Muralitharan bowling legal leggies. You can see a slight natural bend in his arm that would not have requred a change in rules. Muralitharan could straighten his arm enough to have a legal action. Why does his action resembles someone playing with a yo-yo when he bowls his doosra?

The doosra is chucking. Allow the doosra, but no-ball the action that is required to make it effective, and the doosra will disappear.

#3616 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:15 AM

Sorry pal. His arm is still bent while bowling leg spin. I cannot help it if you are biased against him. He turns the ball with his wrist.:)

BTW, Do you think Shoaib Akhthar is okay?;)

#3617 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:28 PM

Sorry pal. His arm is still bent while bowling leg spin. I cannot help it if you are biased against him. He turns the ball with his wrist.:)

Muralitharan does not chuck in the video where he is bowling leggies. No-one is calling him a chucker because he can't fully straighten his elbow. I am too clever to fall for that. Nice try.

Your observation does not address the painfully obvious chucking action he uses when he bowls the doosra.

When I was 8, I once played marbles with an Italian kid. I got lucky and hit his prized marble. When I went to collect it he said I missed. I saw him looking right at it when it got hit. I knew he knew it got hit. I am reliving that moment, I think. :angel:

Bob Hope was caught by his wife in bed with a mistress. From under the sheets he said: "I'm not here."

Please, don't be like Bob and the Italian kid. Admit to the bleed'n obvious. Your darting and weaving is getting Rumsfeldian. LOL

I'm not disputing his arm is slightly bent. I said he bowls leggies with a legal action. He is not chucking when he bowls leggies. But he uses a chucking action to bowl the doosra. And so does anyone who would do it effectively. A doosra is a chuck. A doosra without chucking is a six for any half decent pennant player.

I am not biased against Muralitharan. I would prefer his company to Warne's. Warney has some good points about him, but he is a self-centred pain in the neck.

If Muralitharan had only one wicket to his name, he would be a chucker. If Warne did not exist, Muralitharan would be a chucker. If Muralitharan was my countryman, he would be a chucker. Its his action, not his race.

#3618 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:34 PM

If you can't admit that the Saqlain Mushtaq doosra video clearly shows an illegal chucking action, I give up.

Play the race card. It worked for OJ. :devil:

#3619 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:05 AM

Jimi

It's not any kind of race card. First off, Murali is not my countryman and I am not a Yank who says that whatever his countrymen do is correct. Secondly, I come from a family that is more like a United Colors of Benetton ad--so many races and so many countries.

I have played cricket for school, college, and university albeit in the 70s, but I sincerely believe that Murali does not chuck. Shoaib does but Saqlain does not. Murali just happens to have a rubber wrist which he can turn 180 degrees.

You think he chucks -- I dont think so. Anyways forget it because it is a stupid argument because the powers that be have legitimised his action.:)

Meanwhile a Pakistani with a Palestinian name is giving us a torrid time.

Maybe we need to draft an Israeli batsman into our team.:scared:

#3620 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:42 PM

Looks like we don't need an Israeli. A Bengali and a Punjabi have put on a 300-run stand for the fifth wicket.:wonder:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru