• Please log in to reply
3815 replies to this topic

#3641 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:01 PM

Windies beat Boks for the first time in 10 attempts.

:cheers:

#3642 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:09 PM

Originally posted by Agnostic
Australia deserved to win. They played like a professional outfit.:cheers:

15 win in a row. Steve Waughs side holds the record at 16, but I think that record will fall to this side. Nobody's come especially close to taken Australia down since 2005. Pullhair

#3643 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:16 AM

Aussies 214/6.:wonder:

#3644 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:38 AM

Aus 463 and India are 62 behind with Tendulkar needing 8 for yet another century.:kowt:

#3645 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:06 AM

He's done it--again.

"Commit all your crimes when Sachin is batting. They will go unnoticed because even the Lord is watching," reads a banner at the SCG.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

#3646 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:25 PM

When Sachin gets on his front knee and sweeps there is none better.

You could see it in the Melbourne Test that it was just a matter of time that he would explode.

Check out his average at the SCG. LOL.

#3647 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:55 AM

Is Steve Bucknor on Australia's payroll? :mad:

#3648 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:26 AM

Among the bevy of middle-aged professionals who finished playing at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Sunday evening, the oldest of that lot - 61-year-old Steve Bucknor and 49-year-old Mark Benson - walked away as outright match-winners.

Australian XIII beats Indian XI :mad:

#3649 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:33 AM

Is Steve Bucknor on Australia's payroll? :mad:

The basic rule of thumb is even if bad decisions are equally divided, the better players will take more advantage of luck that comes their way.....because the ARE the better players.

When England beat us in the 2005 series, I was spewing about some of the decisions. But they made no difference the result. We got a few let offs too. But every time our batsmen got a let off, they would hit another 10 or 20 runs. But when the Pommy batsman got a let off, he would go on to thump a hundred...LOL

Ponting was given LBW by Bucknor in the second innings but the replay showed the ball deflected off his bat onto his pads. Ponting may have cursed under his breath, but as soon as the finger was raised he departed. That was ony one. There were catches, and lbws that the replays showed Australia should have got the wicket, but didn't. They didn't complain, and they are the ones that won.

What would the match have looked like if Sachin had got Ponting's bad luck decision when he was on 30 in his first innings?! Hmm?

The difference is when the Australian team get a let off they take it with both hands. When this Indian side get a bit of luck they are too busy cursing the previous decision that went against them to take advantage.

As for Kumble clearly implying Ponting is a cheat, that just shows how much pressure he is under and the expectations that India would win the series.

[i] "Australia needed to bat 109 overs to save the match. Mark Waugh batted 404 minutes and despite controversy when Waugh hit one of his bails off (under Law 35 he was adjudged to have finished his stroke and therefore given not out) South Africa fell three wickets short. Cronje put a stump through the umpires dressing room door after the match and was lucky to avoid a ban"[i]

You aren't in good company if you whinge about the umpiring.

It was a great match. You couldn't wish for a better game. Symonds ton, Sachins ton. Laxman was brilliant. The bowling and fielding of both sides was excellent. Played under heaps of pressure. Clark's winning over at the end was amazing.

#3650 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:31 AM

And yet Bucknor needs to be put out to pasture. He can't see and he can't hear. High time he was kicked out if he doesn't retire on his own.

Since when did the word "monkey" become racist?:wonder:

Aussies ought to know that Indians worship a monkey god--among other things.:D

#3651 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:31 PM

And yet Bucknor needs to be put out to pasture. He can't see and he can't hear. High time he was kicked out if he doesn't retire on his own.

Since when did the word "monkey" become racist?:wonder:

Aussies ought to know that Indians worship a monkey god--among other things.:D

My dick is sacred to me. But if I call you a dick head, trust me, its not a compliment. Its about context. LOL

Bucknor made mistakes. Lets agree on that. But Australia won fair and square. Ponting even made it difficult by declaring way too late in the second innings.

As long as I have followed test cricket (30 years) I have seen bad decisions. Ian Chappell had a saying, "Never walk, and never complain." A very thoughtful approach given the reality.

As for the monkey taunt, Symonds takes offence to it. He has publicly said he found the making monkey noises and holding up insulting placards, at least one of which blatantly referred to him as a monkey, to be racist. That happened in the recent Indian tour.

Symonds is the only black guy in the Australian team and it is obvious he was singled out for racist abuse. For Harbhajan to use this namecalling to get under Symonds is extremely foolish.

Cricket is as much diplomacy as anything else. South Africa was banned for years because of its racist governments.

International cricket is played between black, brown, white, Christian, Hindu, Muslim....you name it.

#3652 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:40 PM

http://www.smh.com.a...2520825237.html

Perhaps the Indian team, instead of displaying sour grapes could take a leaf out of Darren Lehman's book. :kowt:

Excerpt:

"I don't think we wanted to make an example of anybody. The point is we have to abide by a code and it doesn't matter who you are.

"As sportsmen we have to show the way, we have to be above those sort of things."

ICC chief executive Malcolm Speed pursued the action against Lehmann, charging him with an offence against Level 3.4 of the ICC code, which describes a breach as: "Using language or gestures that offends, insults, humiliates, intimidates, threatens, disparages or vilifies another person on the basis of that person's race, religion, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin."

Sources close to the ACB said the board was unimpressed by Speed's intervention, describing it as heavy-handed. Lehmann had apologised verbally and in writing immediately after the incident in Brisbane on Wednesday. The Sri Lankan team and management said publicly they accepted the apologies.

The ACB's next formal meeting is scheduled for January 28. A decision to hold an extraordinary meeting to discuss the Lehmann issue earlier had not been made by last night.

Insiders said before the hearing they expected Lehmann to receive a four-match ban.

#3653 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:08 PM

Accepted.:cheers:

I didn't realize that Symonds was black. He always wears so much paint on his face that it is difficult to make out on TV. That being the case, the "monkey" word was in bad taste.

My remark about the monkey god was in jest.

Let's see what happens in the next two tests.:hi:

Edited to add that Indians have a dick god too.:D

#3654 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:23 PM

WTF?

India suspends Australian tour

Punter scared of getting out to Harbhajan again?;)

#3655 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:03 PM

WTF?

India suspends Australian tour

Punter scared of getting out to Harbhajan again?;)

Harbhajan is playing well. He needs to mature a bit. He is a feisty character.

I personally think mediation instead of suspension is the best method for these incidents. Have Symonds tell Harbhajan face to face in a private meeting how he feels about it would be better. But the players are instucted to take thses incidents seriously.

So you are saying Ponting is behind the Indian decision? Amazing! :devil:

Pulling out after a loss does not look good.

Was there an expectation in India that no Warne, no MGrath and Australia was beatable? I heard a few Indian commentators suggest this, and Kumble's outbust after the game was amazing. Its like the Indian team's morale cracked after losing something they thought was very winnable.

#3656 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:15 PM

Sachin Tendulkar has an average of.....

"Tendulkar extended his record for the best average at the SCG to 326.00 - 652 in four Tests (six innings)."

http://inhome.rediff...jan/04stats.htm

I was watching him. He is the best. Better than Richards, Lara. Better than any player. When he is down on his front knee sweeping, eye on the ball, middle of the bat, there is no better player. In Australia he is regarded as 2nd behind Bradman. Definitey the best of the past 50 years.

#3657 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:06 AM

Here is what one of Australia's most respected cricketers has to say.

Would you believe Tendulkar's version of the incident? After all, he was batting at the other end.:)

This incident is the talk of the town.

[QUOTE]All of us in India would like to know what kind of evidence came up during the midnight enquiry that was held to look into the charge of Harbhajan

#3658 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:30 AM

Excepting the communists, all politicians in India want the tour to be called off. :D

Communists want the team to stay back and finish the series.:hamersic:

#3659 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:48 AM

Australian fieldsmen fire insults from the corners of their mouths, an intemperate Sikh warrior overreacts and his rudeness is seized upon. It might impress barrack room lawyers.

Peter Roebuck wants Ponting to be sacked.

:D

#3660 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:59 AM

Meanwhile, the Sydney-based United Indian Association (UIA) expressed deep concern at the ban. "The Australian" quoted UIA president Raj Natarajan as saying that since the Monkey God is one of the revered idols of Hindu mythology and worshipped by millions, it is surprising it was considered a racist term.

Exactly what I said.

Symonds baney Hanuman

Wasim Akram says that Aussies are cry babies. :viva:

Good at sledging but bad at taking it back.:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru