• Please log in to reply
3815 replies to this topic

#3661 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:50 AM

Tendulkar tells Indian Cricket Board Chairman--No Harbhajan, no Perth.

Surely you believe Tendulkar? The whole cricketing world knows that Ponting is $hit scared of Harbhajan's bowling and he wanted him out of the series.:devil:

It is okay for Symonds to have a "crack" at Harbhajan but it is not okay for him to react?

One rule for blacks and one rule for browns?

[QUOTE] Harbhajan is innocent and I can assure you on this. In this hour of crisis, the Board should stand by him. I suggest we should play in Perth only if the ban is lifted.--Sachin Tendulkar [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
Referee barking up wrong tree

By Saad Bin Jung

As an umpire also relies on the reaction of the wicketkeeper in caught behind decisions, an ICC notification on the issue clearly states that the wicketkeeper will not celebrate before appealing. This was specifically enacted to ensure that the keeper would not be able to fool the umpires. Yet this is exactly what Adam Gilchrist did.

For most decisions Gilchrist acted the perfect gentleman but when push came to shove, he pushed aside the gentleman

#3662 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:44 AM

Originally posted by Agnostic

When Darren Lehmann called Lankans "black kunts" the Pakistanis reacted by calling Australians "white kunts."

Expect the same when and if your cry-baby cricket team visits the subcontinent.

You can only sledge in one language. We can sledge in thirty different languages, and all of them are not known to a South African white match referee who has probably called blacks "monkeys" when his government thought it was kosher.

You can keep the f/ucking Border-Gavaskar Trophy as a gift because you won by unfair means. [/B]

Some facts:

Sachin Tendulkar was plumb LBW on 36 to Michael Clarke in the first innings. The replays clearly showed this. No biggie. Sachin went on to score 0ver 150.

This is reflected in Symonds innings and his good fortune when he was on 30.

Where is Sachin's admission that he was lucky? Symonds was honest enough to say he got a break.

Michael Clarke claimed he took the catch. Ponting asked him and he said he was certain. The video was inconclusive. The normal procedure was followed. The video did not later show it was a dropped or bounced catch.

There is no way in hell India would have scored its first innings total without Sachin's contribution. Try being honest and you will see its all just a bunch sour grapes.

Either that, or continue listening to the half truths your media tells you.

There were just as many bad decisions against the Oz team. Only no-one is whinning like babies over those.

India has lost two tests. Build a bridge. Get over it.

The English, Indians, West Indies, and the rest are getting almost hysterical about getting thrashed by Australia year in year out. Get a better team and stop thinking you can whine your way to the top.

#3663 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:02 AM

More facts:

When I went to the Boxing Day test there were police all over. Anyone caught making racist chants were thrown out. You couldn't even say "Curry Muncher". We have been educated like this because of countries like India and the West Indies complaining about racist taunts from players and the crowd. It seems harmless and a bit of dark fun to some. But it can cause bad blood. No Australian player makes racist taunts. They may step over the line cuturally by using the word "bastard" (which is almost a compliment over here).

The crowds over here have been very good to the Indian side. Even when Dravid was stuck on 19 for 40 balls, there was only a bit of good natured slow handclapping and when he scored a single (finally) he raised his bat and got a good natured standing ovation.

This all started with Kumble's meltdown at the press conference.

His bahaviour was far worse than Ponting's who I admit is a bit of a hot head.

Kumble started the ball rolling and the Indian media followed in suit.

That there are some Australian pundits willing to attack there own only shows we are a free country.

Where are the letters to the editor in your papars saying Kumble's press conference was a disgrace and a template to a sore loser's oration.

Where are your letters to the editor stating that in fact the decisions during the match over all evened themselves out when viewed from the eyes of someone not hysterical.

Maybe India needs to change religion? Chenge cricket to just a sport like we do over here.

#3664 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:14 AM

Another fact:

Darren Lehman made his comments after he was given out AND AFTER he returned to his dressing rooms. It was over-heard by two Sri Lankan players who were nearby and they reported it. It was not meant for anyone to hear. Lehman did not know they were there. Lehman was angry at the comments he received as he was walking off and he let off steam IN the dressing room. He did not yell it out in the field. Check it out.

Lehman had every right to complain about being suspended under those circumstances. He never said it to anyone, nor did he say it on the field. Infact, the Sri Lankans said they regretted letting it go that far after he immediately apologized.

The Sri Lankans also made it clear that racist remarks in those circumstances when they are guests in this country
make them feel most uncomfortable. This is what Symonds said when he was in India. Is the penny dropping for you yet?

Lehman took it on the chin and all was forgiven. No hysterics.

#3665 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:16 AM

"Harbhajan is innocent and I can assure you on this. In this hour of crisis, the Board should stand by him. I suggest we should play in Perth only if the ban is lifted.--Sachin Tendulkar"

Did Sachin testify to the board about this prior to the suspension? Innocent of what? Is he definitely saying he did not say what several senior Australian players have TESTIFIED he said to Symonds.

Testimony that includes direct answers to direct questions is a lot more important than a txt msg. Matthew Hayden and Ponting have put their reputations on the line with sworn evidence.

With all due respect to Sachin, he has not.

#3666 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:23 AM

"The whole cricketing world knows that Ponting is $hit scared of Harbhajan's bowling and he wanted him out of the series."

If you believe that, you believe anything.

With Ponting's pride and ability any normal person would know he would be itching to have a crack at Harbhajan at the docile Adelaide pitch. The Perth pitch also offers nothing to spinners. Our Brad Hogg will likely be dropped for both.

Do try to have more knowledge of the game than the hysterical Indian editorials...LOL

As for Peter Roebuck's comments about Ponting, Roebuck is paid to dish out opinions. Roebuck won't get any burning effigies of himself in Australia over that. We don't deal in hysterics over here. Thank God.

But if Peter Roebuck was to write that Kumble, in paraphrasing Bill Woodfull's comment (about bodyline bowling) that there was only one team out there actually playing the game, was twisting the truth, he would probably get effigies in India and no commentator job.

Roebuck knows which way the wind blows.

#3667 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:02 AM

"For most decisions Gilchrist acted the perfect gentleman but when push came to shove, he pushed aside the gentleman

#3668 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:10 AM

You can keep the f/ucking Border-Gavaskar Trophy as a gift because you won by unfair means.

We beat you on your turf, and we beat on ours.

Sore loser.

#3669 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:15 AM

Apologies, mate.

Remarks made in the heat of the moment.:D

#3670 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:17 AM

Apologies, mate.

Remarks made in the heat of the moment.:D

Apology accepted! yourock

This will all blow over. Hogg will get 4 weeks - I think they will drop him anyway - and everyone will forget about it. lol. :devil:

#3671 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:58 AM

Originally posted by Jimi
Apology accepted! yourock

This will all blow over. Hogg will get 4 weeks - I think they will drop him anyway - and everyone will forget about it. lol. :devil:

Thanks.:kowt:

Personally, I think Hogg was unfairly targeted--a kind of tit-for-tat reaction to Harbhajan. He was bowling much too well for our taste, moreover.:D

Why is the Pom press backing Bucknor?:wonder:

#3672 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:13 PM

Thanks.:kowt:

Personally, I think Hogg was unfairly targeted--a kind of tit-for-tat reaction to Harbhajan. He was bowling much too well for our taste, moreover.:D

Why is the Pom press backing Bucknor?:wonder:

The Australian team is schooled not to refer to the West Indian and Indian players as "bastard". Hogg only has himself to blame even if it is tit for tat.

I don't know about Bucknor. To me Bucknor is just another poor Test umpire born in the wrong time. The right time for Test umpires was anytime before video replays....LOL

Hogg was playing overall well, but he was supposed to get wickets on the last day, and he couldn't manage it. His fielding and batting, was excellent. But he isn't in the team for that. Sachin and Laxman were murdering him.

If Australia had batted last they would have had a hard time keeping Harbhajan out.

The two biggest things that won it for Australia was winning the toss and poor tactics by Kumble on the first day when your bowlers had Australia by the throat.

If India ever beat Australia in a series it won't be with Kumble as captain. Unless he changes his nature.

#3673 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:57 AM

If India ever beat Australia in a series it won't be with Kumble as captain. Unless he changes his nature.

Which will be never.:D

I guess we'll have to wait for Dhoni to take charge.:(

#3674 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

Which will be never.:D

I guess we'll have to wait for Dhoni to take charge.:(

I have a strange feeling about this.

If the ICC rolls over to India's demand to let Harbhajan off then the ICC will look more than foolish. If Procter feels his integrity is compromised he may resign. The West Indies are protesting about Bucknor's sacking.

And of course if the 3 match ban stays, India will definitely pull out of the Test series.

India has no hope in Western Australia as Australia will bring in Tait and they will have a four man pace attack on a very bouncy WACA pitch. And a draw is most likely in Adelaide which is normally a batsmen's paradise. So it won't change anything.

#3675 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:20 PM

Getting back to sledging. It is you Asians who are by far the worst. Just look at this Pakistani character:

..... In a Test against Australia, for example, Geoff Lawson took the wicket of Gordon Greenidge and waved him to the pavilion with a volley of abuse. "At the end of the day's play, Greenidge came to me, quite calm, and said, 'Can I go and have a word with Geoff Lawson?' I said 'sure'. So Greenidge knocked on their dressing-room door, with us all peeping round the corner. He asked Allan Border if he could speak to Lawson, and Lawson came to the door. Greenidge said quietly, 'I've played cricket for a long while and I didn't like what you did today. I've come to let you know that if you ever do that again I'll break every bone in your body.'" Lloyd wiped away a tear of mirth. "In this day and age he would have been fined for that."
http://sport.indepen...icle3328322.ece

That Pakistani Geoff Lawson sounds an awful fellow. :devil:

#3676 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:58 PM

Getting back to sledging. It is you Asians who are by far the worst. Just look at this Pakistani character:

..... In a Test against Australia, for example, Geoff Lawson took the wicket of Gordon Greenidge and waved him to the pavilion with a volley of abuse. "At the end of the day's play, Greenidge came to me, quite calm, and said, 'Can I go and have a word with Geoff Lawson?' I said 'sure'. So Greenidge knocked on their dressing-room door, with us all peeping round the corner. He asked Allan Border if he could speak to Lawson, and Lawson came to the door. Greenidge said quietly, 'I've played cricket for a long while and I didn't like what you did today. I've come to let you know that if you ever do that again I'll break every bone in your body.'" Lloyd wiped away a tear of mirth. "In this day and age he would have been fined for that."
http://sport.indepen...icle3328322.ece

That Pakistani Geoff Lawson sounds an awful fellow. :devil:

:scrollhah

Rodney Hogg said that when he first hit Viv Richards with a bouncer on his cheek and waited for the King to fall down, Viv was unmoved; he just kept chewing gum and staring back at him. The next ball was straight driven for six 24 rows back.

#3677 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:41 PM

Aussies vs Kevin Pietersen

When Kevin Pietersen came to bat, Aussie fielders said "Figjam" meaning "f u c k 'im good, just ask me.

Atherton vs McGrath

Athers had played and missed about 2 or 3 overs solidly against McGrath. After a while Glenn gets sick and shouts out "Athers, it would help if you got rid of the shit at the end of your bat." Athers promptly looks down at the bottom of his bat confused, only for Glenn to reply with "No, No, the other end."

Rod Marsh vs Ian Botham

When Botham took guard in an Ashes match, Marsh welcomed him to the wicket with the immortal words: "So how's your wife & my kids?"
Beefy retorted "Wife is fine, kids are retarded."

Glenn McGrath vs Zimbabwean Eddo Brandes

"Hey Eddo, why are you so f u c k i n g fat?"
Eddo Brandes: "Because every time I f u c k your mum, she throws me a biscuit."

McGrath vs Sarwan

"So what does Brian Lara

#3678 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:37 AM

I thought it was funny (ironic) Tony Grieg and Geoff Lawson having a go at the current crop of Australian players for sledging. Its in the papers over here.

Tony Grieg, when he was captain of England, boasted he would have the West Indies team govelling at his feet. You could imagine what they thought of a South African born white man saying that to them. :devil:

A lot of the Australian players (all of them) have insisted that the two tests were played in great spirit by both teams. I think poor umpiring ruined it. It tipped emotions over the edge.

#3679 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:31 AM

I thought it was funny (ironic) Tony Grieg and Geoff Lawson having a go at the current crop of Australian players for sledging. Its in the papers over here.

Tony Grieg, when he was captain of England, boasted he would have the West Indies team govelling at his feet. You could imagine what they thought of a South African born white man saying that to them. :devil:

A lot of the Australian players (all of them) have insisted that the two tests were played in great spirit by both teams. I think poor umpiring ruined it. It tipped emotions over the edge.

Exactly.:kowt:

#3680 Jimi

Jimi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:38 AM

http://en.wikipedia....Current_members

Did you know that there are no Indian Test Umpires?

You guys aren't stupid. Who would want the job.
We get to crucify them after the footage is slowed down to one 20th and from multiple angles, multiple replays, and from our loungerooms after 5 minutes of mulling. And then there is our precious snick-o-meter, when the umpires should easily hear a snick over the 50,000 plus baying crowd...:devil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru