• Please log in to reply
3815 replies to this topic

#461 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 09:19 PM

Um. Yes. Anyway, back to the thread subject, India v N Zealand. Any predictions? :)

#462 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 09:40 PM

Yes z, a bit of digression.
If Tendulkar continues to dominate and India bat first, i don't think the kiwis will be able to score well.
But if Cairns fleming et al bat first and post close to 300 they have a chance.

#463 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 09:46 PM

Yes, never know. Maybe Tendulker will get his run of 'nervous nineties' and reach 3 figures for once. :) The match could very easily go either way. I can see that NZ will probably be a bit more determined than India though. India have already secured a place in the semis, while NZ hasn't, but matches aren't won by determination only. Gonna be interesting. :cool:

#464 tedward

tedward

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 09:17 AM

imperial pint. (about 4 oz more than an american)

4 oz how much is that doesnt sound like too much? :)

Also the farther north you go the smaller the glasses get, so the beer doesn't get warm. Got pissed as a newt in Queens land in a little town of 230 people (there were 4 pubs), drinking 5 oz XXXX beer!

I havent been there myself but Ive been told (by many a kiwi) that the glasses and alcohol content, are bigger still in new zealand.

NZ are 4-52 afer 15 overs, but maybe 200 is a good score in this tournament at this stage I dont know. Couldnt pick a winner looks like India are on top but the kiwis are playing for survival and they have a good captain.

#465 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 10:36 AM

111-7
poor showing by the kiwis; hope they can last the 50.

#466 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 10:53 AM

tk tsk 129-8 10 more overs? I think not'

#467 tedward

tedward

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 11:50 AM

146 all out thats dissapointing I was looking forward to a half decent game of cricket. Does this mean srilanka are through to the semis?

#468 tedward

tedward

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 12:41 PM

India are 2/13 after 4.1 tendulkars still in, they did this against the kenyans too.

New Zealand have to win to face Australia in the Semi-finals if they lose and srilanka beats zimbabwe then srilanka goes thorugh - which sounds like an easier prospect for the aussies.

On another cricketing note - Steve Waughs makiing an announcement re his retirement soon. He has to tell the selectors by Sunday if he will be avialable to tour the westindies this summer. He has said he will make an anouncemnet after the Shield (Pura Milk or whatever) Final.

#469 tedward

tedward

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 12:47 PM

5th over: Tendulkar smashes three successive fours before being caught at point by Oramafter attempting number four. Tuffey's first wicket.

22/3 they did this against keny too and won but New Zealand are a different kettle of fish.

'Some people' must be thinking India could ensure a kiwi win here to give Australia a harder time. If they were cynical like that.

#470 tedward

tedward

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 01:44 PM

3 for 79 and they are cruising

thats 4 posts in a row for yours truely - I would use the edit button but this is the way I can boost my posts count :o

#471 tedward

tedward

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 02:48 PM

Are any of you guys planning on doing anything for the semis and/or finals? Im going to try and get to the one pub in town thats will definetly be showing the Australia game on tuesday and if Australia makes the finals I will more likely than not be there again on the following Sunday.

#472 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 02:50 PM

Think we can forgive you Ted. ;)

118/3 and no genuine chance for the Kiwis now. :(

#473 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 03:08 PM

Well done India. :) Aus-India final draws even closer.

#474 Gospel

Gospel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 03:10 PM

The Indian's have a tenacity that's nearly the
equal of the aussies. Just when you think
they're buggered....

My condolences to any Kiwis present. Oceania
is ducking this thread ---- probably still lickin his
wounds after the America's Cup debacle.

;)

#475 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 03:17 PM

I don't think the Indians are as tenuous as the Aussies. Twice the former have lost 3 very early wickets, but won the match. Twice the Aussies have lost 7 or 8 early wickets, and won the match. An interesting test would be to see how India would cope with the loss of most of their batting order. I think the Indians would probably lose in this case, unlike the Aussies.

#476 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 03:18 PM

How cr.uel gospel. the poor guy was probably out at the pub watching and is now drowning his sorrows with a few Steinbecks.
Good on the curry-munchers! Oz India final coming closer.

#477 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 03:41 PM

150/3 and winning by 7 wickets is not bad at all, after all the doctored pitches our boys got in Hamilton and Christchurch. Now that we have good pitches to play on the Kiwis have been shown up in their true colours.
Onward to the India vs Oz final.
Like in the Beatles song, we seem to be getting better all the time, better, better, better.....:D

#478 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 03:43 PM

See you in the final Ag. Dipped into any of that Fosters yet?

#479 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 03:51 PM

Mongia seemed to have an interesting match. Didn't bat. Didn't take any catches, but he did pick up 1 wicket with the only ball he needed bowl. :D

Perhaps the Indians need to get these early 3 wicket collapses under control. They're now becoming a habit. ;)

#480 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 03:56 PM

As an Oz supporter I worry about the semis. SL or the Kiwis can be a handful at any time and the Port Elizabeth wicket is a bit suss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru