• Please log in to reply
3815 replies to this topic

#41 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 03:27 PM

All over bar the shouting. WI 193/8. Both Sarwan and Jacobs out. There was the usual Caribbean big hitting for a while but seems like the Kiwis have it wrapped up.

#42 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 03:31 PM

Yep! Kiwis look home and hosed!

#43 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 03:34 PM

200/9 and staring down the barrel. :D

#44 Gospel

Gospel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 03:53 PM

Good result for the Kiwis.

#45 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 03:57 PM

In a way. I think the West Indies did surprisingly well after dropping to 46/5 and then 80/6. I was seriously questioning whether they would even get hundred at that stage. :D

#46 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 10:10 AM

Jonty Rhodes has broken his hand and is out of the tournament.
Meanwhile Sri Lanka's Chaminda Vaas claimed an extra ordinary slice of history on Friday, taking a hat-trick with the first three balls of the World Cup match against Bangladesh before adding a fourth victim in the same over.

#47 zhurnalist

zhurnalist

• Administrators
  • 11892 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 01:05 PM

Hi!

Great thread Agnostic, as usual!

Sorry, I jumped the gun by speaking about opening a thread on the main forum then I saw this and quickly rushed back to apologise...I didn't want to hijack your thread. Next time I will be more careful.

Well, Sri lanka had a good time today didn't they? Vaas didn't even know he had broken the record until he was told by a reporter.

What do you all think about
1. Warne
2. The choice of the venue?
3. Boycotting Zimbabwe?

#48 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 01:10 PM

As I said in a previous note, if Warne took the diuretic knowingly, hang him; if not the the whole medical/training staff of the ACB should be hung!
Zimbabwe, screw 'em. the regime that has destroyed the breadbasket of the African continent should be destroyed. A pity for the Zim cricketers though.

#49 Gospel

Gospel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 01:20 PM

Lololol..Warne's blamin it all on his mother.."she made me take 'em". C'mon Shane I thought you were made of sterner stuff.

England won the Ashes series. Australia are eliminated after testing positive for drugs. ;)

Zhurn,

I'm delighted England aren't legitamising Mugabe's mob. Now if the ICC give all four points to Zimbabwe this repressive regime could go all the way; butcher a vibrant democratic nation and win the Cricket World Cup by default.

So SA are going to cancel their tour to England next year? Big deal we'll get someone else - perhaps the Indian's. I could meet up with Ag at Lords and 'ave a ball.

That SA 'police-chief' holdin up the death threat and holloring 'it's nothin' is a disgrace. I bet ten years ago he was rollin over black children in SOWETO shouting the very same thing. Pillock.

#50 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 02:27 PM

Zhurn,
Do you realise that Mugabe is Chief of the Zimbabwe cricket board? The ICC had no business scheduling matches in Zimbabwe in the first place.
And as Gospel said, if SA dont go to Blighty this summer, sod 'em. We guys would be pleased as punch to take their place.
I know cricket and politics shouldnt mix, but there are times when you have to draw the line. Blacks hating whites is as bad as whites hating blacks. Nasser Hussain is right. The safety of the players is paramount. If not 2003 in Africa, the English team will do its bit in 2007 in the West Indies.

#51 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 02:57 PM

Staggering effort by Vaas.

"if SA dont go to Blighty this summer, sod 'em"

True. You never know, maybe Bangledesh will come instead to boost our ego. :D

#52 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 03:02 PM

We play Australia tomorrow and a lot of guys are going to 'fall sick' and stay back home to watch. Warne isnt there, but he was never a problem for us. Remember he took his shirt off to Tendulkar and got it autographed after the hiding he received? What we have to watch out for is Brett Lee's 95 mph thunderbolts and McGrath's teasing off stump line.
May the better team win.

#53 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 03:07 PM

That will be an interesting match. I think India will pull off a narrow victory.

#54 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 03:16 PM

If we do, a lot of us will get sozzled.
G'night, everybody.

#55 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 11:15 AM

125 all out. Shame on us.:mad:

#56 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 01:59 PM

Too bad Ag!
Your boys haven't been batting all that well lately, eh?
Go the Ozzies!!

#57 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 03:31 PM

Well the canuks are going ok. Let's see if they can stick out the 50 overs and then tear therough the Kenyans!!

#58 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 09:58 PM

I see nobody wants to dwell on the complete utter cataclysmic catastrophe that has befallen the Indians (and indeed, my prediction was also about as wrong as it could ever be). :D

#59 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 02:08 AM

At the rate at which the team is "batting," I wouldn't give them half a chance against the Ethiopian women's team. People have started demanding that heads roll already. Looks like the Ozzies will lift the Cup, unless the Caribs pull out some magic.

#60 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 16 February 2003 - 11:55 AM

Tut tut, don't let's discount SA the Kiwis and Sri Lanka!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru