• Please log in to reply
3815 replies to this topic

#641 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 03:54 PM

Langer should have been out first ball of the match. Sarwan put down a sharp chance at slip off Lawson's bowling. Then Lawson put down a caught and bowled chance himself. It ought to be 3 down now, but looks like the Ozzies have got away again. I anticipate 600+ and an innings defeat for the Windies.

Nice to see this is the most replied to thread. Hope we can keep it going till the next World Cup.:D :D :D

#642 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 04:04 PM

Second most replied to thread. :confused: The sticky moderation thread in the main forum has over 700 posts on it.

110/1 :eek:

#643 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 04:18 PM

Wish I was down there watching. Just couldn't pull it off this time. Bridgetown is such a comfortable place. Very civilized cricket crowds fo the WI.
Fortunately for Oz, they go to Antigua for the last test. Would've given the Windies a chance if they went to Kingston. Absolutely rabid wild noisy fans there.
We'll see what happens today, then I'll stir up some customers in barbados:cool:

#644 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 07:27 PM

Remarkable!
after 59 0vers there is only 1 extra. Gotta be a pretty flat wicket.
ton coming up for Ponting

#645 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 07:50 PM

Looks quite rosy for the Ozzies now. As usual. :cool: Come on Ponting, you can do it! :D

#646 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 08:01 PM

New bowler 'nother extra!
Ponting should get to 200 by lunch tomorrow I reckon!

#647 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 08:19 PM

Well, that brings up Pontings ton. 200 by tomorrow lunch time you reckon? Hmmm. :)

#648 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 08:48 PM

I depends on how much he wants to carve up the tiring bowlers in the final 10 or so overs. If Lehman is content to feed him the strike, and he goes aftr the bowlers he could get another 30 or so runs tonight, then shouldn't have too much trouble putting on 50+ tomorrow.
Have a good evening z!

#649 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 08:56 PM

On reflection, perhaps Ponting won't get 200.

"RT Ponting run out (Best/Baugh) 113 204 8 1"

Bad luck. :(

#650 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 04:46 PM

Pity about Ponting and likewise Lehman. Gilchrist is on a slog here though! and bichel to come. Estimated declaration at the end of the day or tomorrow? 575?

#651 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 05:01 PM

Tendulkar miles ahead of fellow players: Wisden

PTI

LONDON: Cricket Bible Wisden has devoted special space to Sachin Tendulkar in its latest issue, eulogising the Indian batting genius for being "miles ahead" of his contemporaries and continuing to "write an elegant, belligerent and unprecedented history".

"Sachin is now 30. But to the world, and to India in particular, he is still a boy wonder," Wisden Cricketers' Almanack 2003 said in its separate write up on Tendulkar - "Batting for a Billion".

"Thirteen years and 105 Tests have passed since he first took guard at Karachi in November 1989, but the poet's son with the almost-falsetto voice and the supremely dignified manner continues to write an elegant, belligerent and unprecedented history," Rohit Brijnath said in the article.

The write-up says though Tendulkar cannot be the greatest batsman ever in history, "in Tests and one-dayers together, the reality of international cricket today, Tendulkar will take some catching too".

"Tendulkar will never be the greatest batsman in history; that seat is taken. But as much as Donald Bradman's Test average (99.94) outstrips Tendulkar's (57.58), the gap diminishes substantially when other factors are taken into account.

"Tendulkar travels more in a year than Bradman did in a decade; he has had to manage the varying conditions of 49 Test grounds, to Bradman's ten; he has already played twice as many Tests as Bradman, and over 300 one-day games, nearly all of them under the unrelenting scrutiny of television.

"And whereas Bradman had to cope with the expectations of a small populace, not given to idolatry, in an age of restraint, Tendulkar must play God to one billion expectant worshippers."

#652 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 06:20 PM

Speaking of whom, saw a headline saying he was out for three months. What's up?

#653 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 06:42 PM

He had sugery on some niggling hand injury in the US recently. That's what has put him out of action temporarily. Perhaps not the most inspiring way to see in his 30th, but never mind. :)

#654 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 07:34 PM

Well at least Waugh hasn't gone the same way has Lehmann. I believe that the ozzies have to decide when to declare now. Perhaps the ozzie bowlers will want to get among the Windies batters before the close of play today for a dozen overs or so. :confused:

#655 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 12:19 AM

Geez you guys were right 600 or so. Nevertheless the declarqation didn't reap much. Hoped for at least one wicket. by the looks of the pitch could be a draw. Depends on how crumbly it gets nezt few days I suppose.
How does the action read?

#656 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 12:46 AM

Geez z like the avatar. Hope I can meet with you next trip to pommieland; maybe have a few?

#657 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 03:26 PM

Big trouble for the Windies: Lara out with chicken-pox!!!! Can't bat on (at the moment) the world's best batting wicket!

#658 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 03:43 PM

That is really rather unfortunate for the West Indies. Still, it's not all bad for them. Wonder how many different bowlers Waugh will use to break this opening partnership. 7? 8? :confused:

Anyway, I see that the South Africans are having fun. :)

#659 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 04:02 PM

Well done Dizzy! :)

#660 Guest_piehunt_*

Guest_piehunt_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2003 - 04:34 PM

Soooo, there i was just wondering why this is the biggest thread on Pravda by far and wanted to see why.....

...and found that Cricket is really all you have talked about here, no deviation from the subject at all, i mean, ON PRAVDA!! no less, were deviations happen on every thread. I think i will go and complain. :D

BTW...for the record...Cricket, the only sport where you can watch the start of the match, go home, go out shopping, wash the car, do some work, have your lunch and go back to the match and STILL find nothing has happened since you left!!! :D :D ;)

keep up the good work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru