Posted 05 September 2003 - 02:10 PM

Blighty 36/1 in 10 overs. Vaughan out.:mad:

#1223 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 11:16 PM

Yup Shauny got Vaughany for his 300th test wicket. I'm just glad Michael said "oh no..." when he nicked it to slip and not "oh f uck..." (the stump mikes caught it plain on the replay)

I was suprised England got them out for so "few" (ahem) runs. I was reckoning on Rudolph and Boucher making a stand. I missed Rudolph's lbw for 0 but turned on in time to see Boucher given out for "nicking" it to Stewert (the replay shows he clipped his pad on the way through, missing the ball, but the noise was enough for the umpire. In fact SA got lucky yesterday when another of their batsmen did clip it faintly to Stewert, only they appealed late and the umpire never heard it). I felt a little sorry for Boucher but Shaun Pollock was as good with the bat as I expected him to be. England's bowling was much better than Thursday afternoon's - faster and livelier, and they deserved the wickets.

Trescothick looks good for England at the crease right now. Hopefully he and Thorpe can keep together at least until after lunch tomorrow. I can't see how England can have a hope for the win unless these two put in heavy scores. And there's still the boy Flintoff to come : )

#1224 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 03:19 AM

Exad's Verses for England..

http://engforum.prav...&threadid=32290 (see bottom)

#1225 tedward

tedward

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 11:06 AM

"so much for south africas tail the last 5 wickets fell for only 70 odd runs"

I wish you hadn't said that.

I know - who thought ntini would stay in for so long.

Thorpe and Trescothick are knocking them all over the place this morning - quite an entertaining knock.

#1226 tedward

tedward

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 11:10 AM

Bangladesh - lost by just one wicket Pakistan needed 261 to win and they made 262/9. Unzaman Ulhaq (i think) made 132. you know the big guy notorious for running people out - he ran another two out in this innings, including one of his partners out before he had even faced a ball. (before his partner had faced a ball that is) so its just as well he saved the game.

#1227 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 02:18 PM

TRESCOTHICK - CENTURY!

THORPE - CENTURY!

ALL RIGHT !! :D :D

Thorpe just got bowled by Kallis in the 120s. It was raining quite badly and he looked unconcentrated, but a great innings nonetheless. He got a great ovation on his century and again when he went off. Man of the match material along with Gibbs for SA, depending on how it goes.

Ed Smith started off well with a boundary, then they went off for rain. Tresco is still there on 134 and it looks good. Fingers crossed ...

Disappointing that Banga lost - they were posting the scores up during the Test yesterday and it looked good for them.

England 351 - 3 - no predictions this time. Just go go go! : )

#1228 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 02:44 PM

I wish when Channel 4 interrupt the play for a horse race they would have a little real-time scoreometer in the corner of the screen, just let you see the scores as you watch the race. I can't get the film4 channel up on my brother's Sky system, says "program is not available" : (

#1229 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 03:40 PM

SA better get to work, if they're gonna get the job done!
Well done to trescothic and Thorpe:)
Will the Poms make a match of it, tho? Can't get the tv version here, but:mad:

#1230 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 04:20 PM

Trescothick is 16 short of a great double century. We have no TV coverage too. The cable providers are playing hookey again.:mad:

#1231 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 04:32 PM

200 n.o. 31 fours and 1 six. Hats off. Keep going.

#1232 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 07:10 PM

219 in the end I think. Utterly priceless. Out when he mistimed a shot and hit it up up up. Earlier Paul Adams nearly pulled off "the catch of the century" when Trescothick tried to hit it over the boundary at third man. Adams after legging it to his right to get to the ball did a sideways running backward jump (you had to see it to understand) and just got a hand to it. Even though it dribbled over the rope he prevented the 6.

502-7 at the close. Damn exciting when Stewert and Trescothick were together. Put on 100 partnership and once again fine ovations for Stewert's knock for 38 in his last Test 1st innings, complimenting the standing Thorpe got for a century on his return.

#1233 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 09:25 PM

Who saw the fancy dress prize-giving by Mike Gatting? Some colourful jockeys won it, and the fortunate ones got to be photographed with miniskirted npower girls. :cool:

Concorde passing over almost stopped the game. You could just see the landing gear coming into place before the shot was lost.

And the mystery of the disappearing pigeons has been solved. A couple of peregrine falcons have apparently nested in Battersy Power Station. The Oval is within their hunting ground, and the falcons love a good pigeon, so the feathered cricket-lovers have gone south early this year :D

#1234 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 11:44 PM

Not a bad day for Anglo forces. Starting to lose patience with Ed Smith though. Another failure, and he should be dropped. Perhaps Flinty can have a bit of fun for half an hour, give us a significant lead. But, I suppose it'll be a draw.

#1235 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 04:41 AM

Hey exad, Ithought the fast birds were done? Maybe not so for the Poms:)
This blooody laptop is pissing me off:mad:

#1236 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 05:27 AM

Agreed about Smith zx. I've forgotten what they said about Nasser's fitness, but surely if he comes back Ed Smith is out since Thorpe has justified his recall so brilliantly. Yet if England bowl SA out in the 2nd Innings for a medium-rare-sized total Ed could get his chance to shine again. Vaughan's had an indifferent (and sometimes unlucky) series too except for the 156 in the 1st Test (Smith got his 50 then too).
They can still do it I think..

#1237 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 12:18 PM

Never mind that Flint could've got out 5 times early on, he still stayed in and did the business. Good on to Harm'son for being out there in support as well.
And now back to you Richie...

#1238 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 12:39 PM

Go the Poms! Bloody Flintoff's a real jewel for you. Now you need a replacement for Stewart and the team might be a threat to the Aussies;)

Who's the next keeper?

#1239 tedward

tedward

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 01:14 PM

I have to say this is possibly the best test match I have seen (that dosent include ones involving the aussies obviously)

Its been very entertaining from day 1 - lots of big hitting flintoff came in this morning and the run rate was almost six an over he hits a huge six on 89 then hes out next ball trying the same thing, shame.

Im right behind england now rooting for them. They have a couple of wickets already and it looks like we will have a very interesting end to this match.

As for the aussies - there still a league apart from these two - england though should be looking to win every test series between now and the ashes.

Also the team should stay the same - leave husain out.

#1240 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 07 September 2003 - 02:51 PM

Right said Ted.
I couldn't agree more. Leave Hussain out. He keeps breaking bones all the time anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru