#1461 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 05:36 PM

"It would be a great series"

I think it would consist of high scoring draws and defeats for Oz. :D

You know, I think in a few years time the world dominance of Oz and SA will be slightly diferent. Oz under-19's have been hammered by Zimbabwe (under-19's). In the mean time SA under-19 have narrowly lost to (DON'T LAUGH!;)) Nepal under-19. :D

#1462 Brendon

Brendon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13976 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 10:42 AM

Lets see you come up with a Rest of the World XI to take on the mighty Wizards of Oz.

The timing is all wrong. Australia was at its zenith 18 months ago. Australia is still the best in the world, but it has come back to earth a bit with some of its top performers getting on. Without a fit McGrath it isn't quite the same. India just proved that.

Top shelf quicks don't grow on trees, anywhere.

I think we would get pummelled by a Rest of The World side today. Would have been interesting 2 years ago.

#1463 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 12:19 PM

Ha! What's this? Kiwis upset the Proteas TWICE:confused:

#1464 traveller

traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 01:29 PM

Oz slicing through here 3/28

#1465 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 02:10 PM

Think what you can do with Shaney and Mcgrath. :)

#1466 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 05:01 AM

"... Dinesh Kaneria, the lone Hindu in the Pakistani team and who is expected to play against India in March, followed suit..."

Young men in springtime?

#1467 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 11:07 PM

You disappoint me. :(

No gloating over oz for going down by 1 run to SL? No sarcastic comments on the England A team losing heavily to the 4th largest run chase ever? No sardonic remarks about the Scots being 22 all out? :D

This thread must have recently passed it's first anniversary. We can't let it drop now. :)

#1468 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 12:09 PM

Happy anniversary, everybody.

At the rate at which youngsters are playing cricket nowadays it looks like the World Cup in about 20 years time will be as crowded by teams as the football world cup.

Appetizer for the India-Pak series:

Reverse swing is Pakistan's lethal weapon

Blighters rejoice.

Simon Jones back in England squad

#1469 babu

babu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1262 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 01:19 PM

Allright, Ag, this is your last chance...

do everybody a favor and...

EMPTY YOUR PERSONAL MASSAGE BOX ! ! !

BABU---

#1470 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 03:35 PM

Ag, I bet your glad that Wasim and Waqar are out of the picture now. :D

Will be interesting to see how Jonesy will turn out. Perhaps he can't survive a test without recieving some serious injury. :)

#1471 Belrick

Belrick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 02:27 AM

Hmm NZ just smacked over SA again.

I think Stephen FLeming is the worlds best cricketing captain with the retirement of Waugh.
Disagree?

I also think a fully fit Cairns is the best allrounder in the world today followed by Shaun Pollock.

BTW it looks like NZ maybe replacing WI in next years VB series, always a great test of character.

#1472 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 01:54 PM

"I think Stephen FLeming is the worlds best cricketing captain with the retirement of Waugh.
Disagree?"

I dunno. Smith, Ponty, Vaughan haven't had a decent run-in period yet. Lara clearly isn't. Nobody can really know about the caps of Zim and the Bangas, until they can get a tolerably decent team to prove themselves. So it really comes down to Gangas or whoever captains SL to challenge Fleming. :confused:

Just a warning though Belrick, don't get to cocky about beating SA. We hammered them in our Natwest triangular 1 day series, but they hit back hard in the Tests though. :D

#1473 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 02:24 PM

The Kiwis are the most underrated sides in the world. As a team, they jell like anything. I think Fleming is one of the best captains out there. But the best? I think Vaughan is better. Give him more time to prove himself.

#1474 Belrick

Belrick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 05:25 AM

Thats just my point. Captains need time to develop and Fleming has already done his time making him currently the best in the world.

In regards to SA i for one am in complete shock. I fully expected SA to stomp over NZ in the one day series., especially as were missing our best ODI batsman in Astle and bowler in Bond
However i do believe quite firmly believe NZ is a much better test playing team than a ODI team.

The test series will be interesting no doubt.

#1475 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:34 PM

"Captains need time to develop and Fleming has already done his time making him currently the best in the world"

Well, I can't argue with that, and currently you're probably right.

What's up with Astle?

#1476 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 02:14 PM

Yeah. What's up with Astle and Bond. Shane Bond has inspired a new generation of Indian schoolboys. Our Indian purists say that of all the pace bowlers out there, Bond has the most beautiful action. Nobody can accuse Bond of chucking. His action is so technically perfect, at least in my eyes, and I played cricket for school and for college as an opening bowler myself.
Shane Bond bowling is almost as beautiful to watch as Michael Holding was in the '80s. Poetry in motion.

I am a great fan of both Astle and Bond and I hope they recover from whatever it is that is bugging them at the moment.

#1477 Belrick

Belrick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:57 AM

Thats cool to here agnostic. Both those players are back playing first class cricket and are probably being saved for the all important mid year tour to England.

#1478 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:23 AM

G'day Belrick. The Black Caps have their fans here too, and dont forget you once had an Indian, some Patel or the other playing for you. I agree with you about Chris Cairns. On his day he can murder any bowler. Even Brett Lee would be going for straight sixes. We like Cairns because he sends the ball out of the stadium more times than anybody we can remember.

India is out of the under-19 World Cup.

England play West Indies tomorrow.

#1479 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:41 PM

Bad luck about the U-19 cup. Looking like being England agaist Pak. for the final. Going to be tight I think. :)

#1480 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:56 PM

The English team is a great team and the lads play with more commitment than their senior counterparts. The Pakistani team has the best captain of any U-19 team and the cream of the subcontinent including an offspinner who bowls like Murali.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru