• Please log in to reply
3815 replies to this topic

#1521 Belrick

Belrick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 10:16 PM

Did you guys see what NZ did to SA bowling lineup? Especailly Scott Styris and of course Chris Cairns.

187 runs in one session :o

#1522 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 10:25 PM

Go NZ! Any side that can currently can Kallis out twice (for less than 400 runs!) deserves to win! :D

Oh, Ag, If you're remotely sober, congrats on your impressive win of Pakistan. :)

#1523 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 03:57 AM

Can you find a 12th grader opening the bowling for his country in an international match and getting figures of 10-1-53-2. Just one no ball and 3 wides. Pathan is the find of the year. He has allround ambitions, his bowling guru is Wasim Akram and his allround hero is Ian Botham. He is destined to go places.

If there is one person who can compete with Tendulkar in the popularity stakes, it is Dravid. If he is there, we have hope. Every cricket playing country has someone like him. In Australia it is Bevan, in England it is Mark Butcher, in the West Indies it is Chanderpaul, and in New Zealand it is Chris Harris. They lock one end up in a one-day game and they do it all over the world on the worst of pitches.

Why I love Chris Cairns? He is the only player in the modern era to have scored a century in a session, between lunch and tea. I loved his dad, Lance Cairns, and if Chris had a son who played cricket, I'd cheer him on too.:D

zxb, the unc is here from England and it is Glenfiddich time.:D

#1524 Belrick

Belrick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:46 AM

Chris Cairns has a son thomas who was born in 2002, johannasburg by his since divorced SA wife, Carin.

#1525 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:52 PM

He'll play for NZ in the 2023 World Cup and he'll hit sixes at will like his pa and grandpa.:D

#1526 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 05:07 PM

Great win. :)

#1527 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 11:12 PM

Velly Goot. There was a time when Moin Khan got involved in 2 substantial partnerships, when I was forced to consider that possibility of a win for Pakistan. All in all, it's been a great series. You must do it again some time. If my nerves can stand it. :D

Any news about Gangus's back yet? :(

#1528 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 02:26 AM

Personally, I feel Ganguly's back acted up at the most opportune moment. Dravid is a better leader than him, and Saurav wouldn't have backed the spinner Karthick with a slip and short leg in place in the 23rd over. It needs ice-cold nerves to set an attacking field for a spinner half way into the game. Again, Tendulkar's catch of Inzy was vital, as was Abdul Razzaq's failure to click. When Ganguly was first interviewed before going to Pakistan, he was asked what he thought about the fact that so far no Indian team had won a series in Pakistan. He said he was not interested in history because he was busy making it.
He's made it now.

#1529 fern

fern

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 09:39 AM

in my opinion, Indian Cricket team is forming a shape like that of the team that won the 1983 world cup. Ganguly has the same aggressive captaincy as of Kapil Dev while Tendulkar is similar to sunil Gavaskar. While one can enjoy the game of Cricket from Tendulkar, one can enjoy what winning for the country from Ganguly. Though most people wrongly have the idea that the Indian team is dependent on tendulkar, it is the solid aggressiveness of Ganguly that has rescued India many times. Watching Ganguly play will not help a young Cricketer to better his batting or bowling but only Ganguly has the killer instinct or fighting spirit to steer India to victory. Rahul Dravid is no doubt a very good cricketer but he is too soft and is more a ladies man, which does not help the Indian team. The problem with Indian cricket has been professional jealousy among the players including Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid etc. but thankfully, for the moment they have come together as a team. It was the team work that won the 1983 world cup for India. Meanwhile, unless things change unexpectedly, Sehwag is the man to watch.

#1530 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 04:30 PM

I mostly agree with what you say Fern, but, I think the current Indian team is a bit better than the one in 1983 in the batting department. Bowling generally seems to lack penatration though. :confused:

It would be a shame, after the exciting ODI series, if the Test series turned into a series of high scoring draws. Sure it won't happen though. :D

#1531 Belrick

Belrick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 12:47 AM

Well if you want to know the test series results just ask the bookies...

#1532 fern

fern

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 03:45 PM

it is quite wrong to think that bookies hold sway. cricket in india and pakistan is a matter of patriotism and it would take an impossibly filthy fellow to sell the country for money.

the problem is more with players who are too lazy and busy playing and enjoying the spotlight that they are ignorant of what is happening behind their back where they sign wrong contracts or be manipulated by greedy relatives and friends.

#1533 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 11:06 PM

It is Patriotism, Pride, and Religion in these countries. If one side whitewashed the other, the losing side would probably have a full scale civil war. If you think Kashmir is bad, you haven't seen nothing yet. :D

Ag, do you think we really have a chance of whitewashing the West Indies? :)

#1534 Belrick

Belrick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 02:44 AM

Your right. Theres absolutely no proof, past or present that Indian or Pakistani bookies have ever been involved in match fixing.

Which is logical because neither of those countries are that fanatical about there cricket and nor is there any money involved in the sport. You can see this by how poor there players are.

#1535 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 03:35 PM

Belrick, you've got another think coming.:D

You can see this by how poor there players are.

This guy is so poor, he drives a Ferrari.

#1536 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 03:43 PM

BTW, the richest cricket board in the world is the Indian cricket board. 19-year-old Irfan Pathan is the latest to earn money from advertisement endorsements. He endorses Hero bicycles.

#1537 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 03:53 PM

Sorry zxb. Blighty has a very good chance of whitewashing the Windies. Most of the new Windies players seem to be more keen on partying than playing cricket.

#1538 Belrick

Belrick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 02:28 AM

Sorry Agnostic, i know your a friendly fellow by nature but please let me assure you while you failed to pick up my extreme sarcasm in my last post i dont mean you any ill-will.

Im a big fan of cricket. I recognise the share talent that comes out of India and Pakistan etc but please understand that corruption really pisses me off.

Throwing matches, hanse Cronje etc.

#1539 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 03:13 AM

LUCKNOW: For all his performances in the just concluded Samsung Cup one day series in Pakistan, the government has decided to reward Mohammed Kaif with Rs 5 lakh in cash and a house in any city of his choice in the state.

All this for that one catch that set the series up. :D A nice catch

Jonty Rhodes got a pittance by comparison. As for throwing matches I believe that those who do ought to be shot.

BTW, Hansie Cronje was South African and openly religious, so in my dictionary, he was bound to be crooked.

No hard feelings whatsoever Belrick. We cricket fans are a whole lot better than the rest of the loony crowd that comes here.:D

#1540 Brendon

Brendon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13976 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 11:19 AM

Murali named for suspect action in last Test.
There's nothing "suspect" about it.

But still I feel sorry for him. He comes across as good person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru