• Please log in to reply
3815 replies to this topic

#1661 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 10:27 PM

I agree. Still, I suppose the Zimbabwe problem will be resolved soon, one way of the other. :eek:

Bangladesh have drawn the first test recovering from 94/6 to 277/9. Maybe they are slowly progressing? I don't suppose they have ever been in a position where they could declare before. :eek: :D :cool:

#1662 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:01 PM

Kiwis 36/1 in 17 overs. England draws first blood.

#1663 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:13 PM

[QUOTE]As a batsman he'd get whacked on the fingers by some huge ugly thug of a fast bowler, call for a couple of quick squirts from the magic spray, then carry on. As a captain he'd move square-leg half a metre to the left, wait one ball, then hold the whole show up and move him back again, flapping his arms about like an Aussie Rules goal umpire. Not because he was indecisive, but because the pitch was flat and his bowlers were duds and, since he couldn't get the batsmen out, he'd have a go at annoying them out. It was nearly

#1664 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 03:39 PM

I hate rain. It should be made illegal.

#1665 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 02:22 PM

Our farmers need it; your cricketers get it. Life is so unfair.:D

#1666 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:52 PM

So, NZ 351/6. It should have been quite a bit lower if we'd fielded better. :(

#1667 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 01:14 PM

Not only do you have a team, but you are hosting the next World Cup. It really means the world. Not just USA and Canada having their World Series. :D

If everybody played cricket, there would be no war.:D

God bless the English for having invented the game. ;)

"...It should have been quite a bit lower if we'd fielded better..."

The sound of silence was all the evidence anyone needed that England was missing Nasser Hussain as it struggled to control Stephen Fleming and Michael Papps during a first wicket stand that threatened to undo any benefit gained by Michael Vaughan's decision to put New Zealand in to bat in the second Test.

Y'all missing someone?

#1668 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 04:25 PM

Yes, and Gaddles, your team are playing in the UK in I think August as part of an ICC championship tournament or something after you won a tounament in the Middle East (including a Davidsonless Canada). :)

#1669 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 03:35 AM

It is time the Yanks started playing cricket. After all, even the Afghans are playing cricket.:D

zxb,
May be in the interests of American cricket, Davidson should be banned.;)

#1670 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 03:45 AM

At last the Windies find bowlers they can hit. :D

#1671 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:09 PM

Ban Davidson? Rather mean isn't it? I wonder why he can't or won't play for a State or club side in the UK or Australia or where-ever.:confused:

#1672 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 07:27 PM

NZ 18 run deficit with half the team already out. :D:D:D

Life is Gooooddddd. :):):)

#1673 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 12:06 AM

England win by 9 wickets. I feel sorry for Fleming though. His bowling lacks penetration. Only 1 of his men averages below 50 with the ball. Papps, Vettori, Oram, Macmillan all injured and Bond on the way home. Reminds me of when we assaulted Australia during the last ashes and suffered scores of men killed or wounded. Um, well numerous important players injured anyway. Infuriating described it rather well. :(

Ag, when do your chaps play another test match? Is it the Australia series, or is there one before that? :confused:

#1674 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:39 AM

Absolutely no idea, mate. Everybody seems to be focussed on the Ozzie tour of India. Either Warne will make history or the Indians will make mincemeat of him. It will be an interesting series.

Btw, I told you ages ago that the England team would come good and that Vaughan would come good too.:)

Da Poms have reached such a stage that they contemplate having convicts for breakfast.;)

#1675 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:45 AM

Absolutely no idea, mate. Everybody seems to be focussed on the Ozzie tour of India. Either Warne will make history or the Indians will make mincemeat of him. It will be an interesting series.

Btw, I told you ages ago that the England team would come good and that Vaughan would come good too.:)

Da Poms have reached such a stage that they contemplate having convicts for breakfast.;)

#1676 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 01:04 PM

You did indeed, and you were right. I still don't think we can quite win back the ashes yet, except with a string of injured ozzies and some luck, but in time. :):cool: :rolleyes:

#1677 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 12:41 AM

Perhaps todays play indicates the advantage in bribing the Ups. 4 lbw decision and a caught behind decision that were out were not given out, on both fleming and richardson when their scores were relatively low. That is just not acceptable. 1 or 2 bad decisions and a day is fair enough, but 5! I suppose we're lucky to have 4 out, when we should have had about 6, or so Boycs thinks, but he always was a bit slow. :D

#1678 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 10:09 AM

Yes. The standards of umpiring are abysmal for this test.

Two dozen Indians are set to participate in the USA's Pro Cricket league which begins in a week's time.

Maybe Traveller can play in the US league.:D

#1679 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 12:50 AM

Well, we won by 4 wickets. Despite narrowly losing the first 4 days. Couldn't have predicted that, not from 18/2. Strange game. :confused:

#1680 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:16 AM

Well done England. Chris Cairns played as only he can. It is a pity that Geraint Jones is displacing Chris Read in the English team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru