Theme© by Fisana

Photo

George Bush, George Bush, what have you done?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 seedartez

seedartez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 12:51 AM

The Washington, D.C., Post today (2/10) carries a front-page article reporting on growing anti-Americanism in Europe.

Here are the first couple of grafs:

"It can be emotional, spontaneous and sometimes contradictory. It has no leader, no platform and no ideology. It varies from country to country in its roots and its manifestations. It doesn't even quite have an accepted name: Those most strongly identified with it indignantly deny they advocate or practice it.

"Still, anti-Americanism, Western European-style, is widespread, rising and MIGRATING FROM ITS TRADITIONAL HOME AMONG LEFT-WING INTELLECTUALS, ACADEMICS AND CAFE SOCIETY TO THE POLITICAL MAINSTREAM, according to analysts, critics and opinion polls. Countries such as France, Germany and Britain that for more than five decades have been the closest allies of the United States ARE BEGINNING TO DRIFT AWAY, propelled by a popular wave of concern, alarm and resentment. The immediate focus may be U.S. policy toward Iraq, but the larger emerging theme is an abiding sense of fear and loathing of American power, policy and motive."

http://www.washingto...-2003Feb10.html

Anyone?

#2 seedartez

seedartez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 06:25 AM

The Times of London reports that British Prime Minister Tony Blair is in deep political trouble because of his support of the Bush war policy in Iraq.

The Times says its latest poll shows support for Blair's Labor Party has fallen to the lowest level for more than a decade because of his willingness to back military action against Iraq.

Reports The Times: "The public believes that President Saddam Hussein is a threat to Britain and has weapons of mass destruction. But THEY DO NOT THINK THAT THE CASE FOR WAR HAS BEEN MADE."

The Times reports: "Nearly NINE OUT OF TEN VOTERS think the UN weapons inspectors should be given more time to establish whether Iraq is hiding weapons of mass destruction, as France, Germany and Russia have urged. Meanwhile, just a third think that Britain and America have so far put forward a convincing case for military action against Iraq.

http://www.timesonli...-573830,00.html

George W. Bush, George W. Bush, what have you done?

#3 Source

Source

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9046 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 10:21 AM

seems pretty simple to me. america elected (even that's in question) a government which others dislike. not just politically dislike, but personally. it's personal.

george walker bush is personally disliked by millions and millions and millions of sane, ordinary, straightforward people - americans included.

regardless of political ideology and policy, to have this man as a representation of the entire country of america means there will be an instinctive and deep reluctance on the part of others to take anything which emanates from the whitehouse with anything other than a pinch of salt, and that's being extremely polite about it.

get him into the footnotes of history pronto and enjoy being liked and being taken seriously all over again.

hint: don't elect any more bush family members.

#4 Gandu

Gandu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 10:53 AM

Lol source, do you only elect people to office that everyone likes?

I think problem with bush is their utter disregard for the common man including americans.

So all those who favour him probebally are paid since I fail to understand how you can support someone who provdes so much benefits for the rich adn friendly and have anyone who looses so much of their benefits can support him. Since the rich dont have time to argue with idiots obviously they are paying the pigs to do it for them.

I seen this often. The most vocal and persuavasive are paid shills.

#5 Gandu

Gandu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 02:13 PM

US lied about Gulf War missile

#6 seedartez

seedartez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 09:11 PM

The subject of this thread is a Washington Post article detailing rising anti-Americanism abroad . . . an especially virulent kind that since the Bush Administration reaches into households where in the past Americans have been much admired.

I truly urge you to take the time to read the Post story. The American media often is not up to the task of reporting modern-day public affairs, but occasionally something quite good comes along. This is such a time, this is such an story.

It seems to me the story is tailor-made for Pravda-ru as there are a good many individuals posting who reside in European countries and, of course, in Russia.

I, for one, would very much like to have their take on the article and on anti-Americanism abroad. I would like not only to hear their opinions but learn of their experiences.

#7 Guest_texians1st_*

Guest_texians1st_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2003 - 06:38 AM

I can't say I'm surprised at all.

The world was bound to get very tired of US interference in every international problem. Tired of a new war and a new enemy every few months or years.

The US is trying to be Big Brother over the entire world if not the entire solar system. Its hypocrisy is evident to most people and nations throughout the world -- while most US Americans remain blind to this world view.

The US somewhere along the line lost the Big Brother attitude and became the world's BULLY.

This is deep seeded in their history -- look at the way they dishonored treaties with the Indian nations even 200 years ago.

They have continually been dishonest about their intentions towards every nation. Look at the history of Hawaii..

Every Hawaiian should repel the US from their tiny country. This does not have to happen with arms.. but with TRUTH.

#8 seedartez

seedartez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 06:55 PM

It appears the Ugly American has returned.

The phrase "Ugly American" was coined in 1958 as the title for a book by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick. The book examined U.S. policy in Southeast Asia and was described as "a slashing expose of American arrogance, incompetence and corruption." While the authors intended to describe Americans and American policy in Southeast Asia, the phrase captured the attention and the imagination of the world and soon spread worldwide.

With the end of the Cold War and with America on a journey of co-operation and solidarity with the world, including respectful consideration of points of view other than its own, America and Americans won the hearts and minds of most of the world, became much admired and emulated. Its language and culture received unparalled attention in every nation.

No more. In the past two years, the Bush Administration has systematically destroyed the good will built up after the fall of the Berlin Wall. The unwarranted rush to war with Iraq apparently is the final nail in the coffin. The Bush Administration not only has brought suicidal enmity of the Muslim world but a sense of shame and resentment and disappointment and outright fear among folks who in just recent years could be counted on as friends and relations.

And while America had problems abroad in the 50's . . . thus sparking interest in the Ugly American . . . those problems now and in the future fueled by the amateurish, heavy-handed, sometimes childlike, mostly arrogant policies of the Bush Administration are far, far more serious. As the Washington Post article points out, resentment of America in the past two years has passed right into the households of ordinarily friendly folks . . . and no longer can be considered confined to the heady reaches of leftists, academics and cafe society. . .

The Ugly American has returned.

Without a doubt.

#9 Firecat

Firecat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 07:09 PM

I had the misfortune to work for Raytheon as a contract engineer at one of their non-military hardware plants for about 6 months.

If those jokers ever built ANYTHING that worked it would be amazing. I never saw a more poorly organized, non-reality-based-thinking, bunch of MORONS trying to do business anywhere I've ever worked before. They were laughable; after owning the business for nearly 3 years and nearly killing it, they sold it back to the original owners.

Raytheon... synonymous with "that dog don't hunt".

#10 seedartez

seedartez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 01:37 AM

In the days immediately after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attack in the United States, French President Jacques Chirac hurried across the Atlantic to become the first foreign leader to show solidarity with the United States in person. He viewed Ground Zero from a helicopter and stood side by side with "my friend George" Bush at the White House.

But now that Bush seems hell bent on a military showdown with Iraq devil take the hindmost, Chirac has become the administration's bete noire. While Bush says repeatedly that time has run out for Iraq, Chirac insists at every opportunity that UN weapons inspectors get more time to complete their work. While Bush continues war preparations, Chirac says war must come only as a last resort.

In the U.S. Congress today (2/12) some Republican Party leaders called for sanctions against France in retaliation for Chirac's efforts to stave off a war . . . even suggesting a ban on imports of French wine and Evian bottled water.

Thus the Bush Administration and its obedient political colleagues in Congress, acting like schoolboys, continue to drive a wedge in the relationship with France that began with the support by France of the American War for Independence, a highlight of which was the landing of five battalions of French infantry in Rhode Island in 1780. French forces went on to play a crucial role in America's decisive victory at Yorktown and the names of Count Rochambeau, Admiral DeGrasse and the Marquis de Lafayette entered the pantheon of American heroes as well as French.

But in the past three weeks, the Bush Administration's headstrong policy toward Iraq no-matter-what has done more to damage U.S. and French relations than at any time since the days of the American Revolution. U.S.-French relations today are in tatters due to the Bush Administration's adamant refusal to accept any point of view but its own, "Our way or the highway," so to speak.

Chirac and the French are asking only that UN weapons inspectors be given more time to complete their job and that they be given more resources. Bush stubbornly says "No, no, no," much in the manner of a raucous three-year old whose mommy asks him to put up his toys for awhile.

Here's a link to a Washington Post story today that details the petulant fragmentation by the Bush Administration of U.S.-French foreign relations in the past three weeks:

http://www.washingto...-2003Feb10.html

#11 seedartez

seedartez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 04:57 AM

Now Japan is taking a page out of the Bush notebook and is talking preemptive attack against North Korea:

http://news.bbc.co.u...fic/2757923.stm

#12 Atheris

Atheris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 08:12 AM

The French only really liked Americans at the end of WWII...ask any American who's been to Paris in the last 30 yrs.

Great Britian has been our strongest ally, and even when I spent time in England in the late 80s, I was constantly reminded of how wasteful and arrogant Americans are. It was bad enough that people from other countries were appologizing to me (on behalf of the British course instructors; I was taking courses on endangered species management).

#13 Atheris

Atheris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 08:20 AM

President Bush is a leader of the free world. One of the few that will no longer pander to the bleating of the politically correct sheeple of Europe.

He's a man that believes every man has a right to choose his destiny (including Saddam). He's a man that believes in family. He's a man that believes one can't always bow to the voice of popular appeal, but do what he believes is right for his people.

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2003 - 09:25 AM

I don't think it is so much the "Ugly American" as it is the Ugly Geo. W. Bush. American agression, as bad as it is, is not supported all Americans, and those that oppose it should get credit for having to live in the Belly of the Beast.

Originally posted by seedartez
It appears the Ugly American has returned...

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2003 - 09:27 AM

He is a Fascist.

Originally posted by Atheris

President Bush is a leader of the free world. One of the few that will no longer pander to the bleating of the politically correct sheeple of Europe.

He's a man that believes every man has a right to choose his destiny (including Saddam). He's a man that believes in family. He's a man that believes one can't always bow to the voice of popular appeal, but do what he believes is right for his people.

#16 American Pikle

American Pikle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 01:48 AM

DOH the guy needs a brain to see that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru