• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#201 morganalefae

morganalefae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 09:18 AM

Hi, Nice to meet you. I am assuming your Wiccan or Wiccan Friendly?

I also feel that spirituality is becoming the "way". It's not about strict compliance to laws or rules anymore. Not to say that we run wild with our silly whims. We don't. Our law an it harm none, I have personally thrown out. Why? Because I do indeed see all life as sacred and pieces of the Divine so I no longer need a "guide" so to speak. I make mistakes, I say things wrong and hurt people's feelings, but you will never see me intentionally doing something to harm or hurt another. My mistakes are borne out of ignorance and with my mistakes come the lessons of life and growth. I learn, I vow to watch myself for the next time, make apologies and try to grow from my mistakes.

Wicca is a "free" religion I suppose, it allows for individuality and for each wiccan to celebrate/worship however it suits their souls best. I love that part. I don't like being told to DEFINITELY worship God/dess on sunday. I want to worship every single day and especially whenever I feel the express desire to...which is often! I don't want to be told to say grace at meals only, how about when I pop the lid off a mt. dew? It's food too, albeit unhealthy. I don't like being told that I have to succomb or become a slave to my husband. I like to nurture him, to love him, to respect him, and protect him, and I ask the same in return. Love is to be shared and given freely not with rules or any "catches" behind it. If I love because I feel obligated, that's not unconditional love. That's not for me! I offer love to anyone who will take it from me. If they don't, that's fine. I just keep offering. One thing about love that i was told once that has rang true for years with me is: A guy once said "my mother and I have such bad problems. She won't let me love her." And the other man said "well she can't stop you from loving her or giving her your love, so I don't see a problem." That hit me hard. It's true, people can be mean, can hurt us, but that doesn't stop US from loving them in return. Jesus never hated those who persecuted him or tortured him. Wiccans are like that too, at least I am.

I know alot of Wiccans who have jesus statues on their altars and say prayers to him. They have mary there too sometimes. Religion is in its rawest form quoted by an anthropology book in college is: A way for each culture to find comfort in the mysteries of life and death and to find security with the unknown. They make their own religions to explain that which cannot be explained and to keep society in a lawful way thru religious social mores. (pronounced Mor-ays for those of you that know this word).

Blessings to you Gench!
Morgana

#202 morganalefae

morganalefae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 09:20 AM

Reven, could you please quote the bible/text you took this from? I am seriously interested to know where you got this from.

Morgana

#203 morganalefae

morganalefae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 09:25 AM

Hey, where are you from anyways? I'm from Illinois, USA...Just curious as to where you all are from on here.

BB
Morgana

#204 Gench

Gench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:07 AM

Merry Meet Morgana!

Yes, I am a Wiccan in that I follow The Wicca also known here as The Old Religion by it being sad to be based upon if not even traceable to antiquity and even to have links to ancient Druidism.

That having been said there are many who challenge the premise but in defence there are quite a number of practices and lores which are recorded in many ancient sources and even in Viking Sagas such as the use of some herbs and plants as well as charms to effect the staunching of the flow of blood from a wound for example. this was taught to me by my Great Grandmother only 2 years before she died aged 96 and I was quite amazed some years later to read of exactly the same invocation in Beowulf as the old lady had passed on to me!

But The Wicca is not completely informal. By nature The Wicca encourages experimentation, after all in the beginning it was by experimentation as well as by observation, that progress was made and knowledge and hence power was developed.

But as regards The Witches Rede 'And it harm none, do as thou will shall be the whole of the law' is to me and to those with whom I associate sacrosanct. Not only is it a moral injunction that is the finest bar none, it is also a very important safeguard in any workings that are undertaken. Crowley, the self-styled beast, whose name I will only ever capitalise at the start of a sentence originally portrayed at as 'do as thou etc.' and it was Gerald Gardner aka The Old Man, who amended it to add the traditional first part. Add to that the injunction to 'Live under the law, the law is love, love under the law' and a model for life and relationships develops that encompasses compassion, consideration, thoughtfulness, and many other positive attributes that simply leave no place for the domination of one over another. The very concept of superiority of man over woman or vice versa is quite simply a nonsense.

Anyway - I'll witter on no more on that subject but simply observe that The Wicca though free is still disciplined but the discipline comes from within rather than being imposed from outside.

As regards a Wiccan having a statue of Jesus to which they pray --- well there may be some people who think they are followers of The Wicca, or who are on a the that will result in them becoming Wiccans at some time in the future, but to the mind of a stodgy and somewhat boring old fart here in the UK they've some way yet to go if they pray to Jesus!

Recognising that many of the directions and instructions attributed to Jesus in the Gospels are both good and wholesome is one thing (in that way I preclude anything from the disgraceful 'paul') but to go so far as to pray? No.

So Merry Part, Morgana, and Bright Blessings from a beautiful sunny morning here in Norfolk in the UK.

The Gench --- Wiccan

#205 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2003 - 11:24 AM

Hurt no one... except Jesus Christ of course. And christians also, by extension. Slander and malice is normal wickoe practice when talking about the bible, and christians. Lying is normal for wickers when talling everyone the bible is false, changed, full of mistakes and written by deluded monkeys. All of which is false, but that doesn't matter, looooooove one another, looooooooove Gaaaaaaaaaa the Gordess earth, and smile, smile smile all the time, especially to christians.

Facking hypocrisy.

#206 LarryD

LarryD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 04:17 PM

Don't you just love religions that try to attract converts through threats and coercion? Create a danger, then
provide the protection from the danger....almost like a Mafia protection racket! Brilliant!

ACTUALLY, YOU FORGOT THAT YOU HAVE HAD SO MUCH LOVE FROM CHRIST-GOD

FREE OXYGEN TO BREATHE
FREE SUN
FREE PERMISSION TO LIVE ON EARTH

FREE UTLISATION OF PLANET LEVEL SET_VEC_REXNS===PHOTOSYNTHESIS AND TRANSPIRATION

I KNOW YOU LOVE DADDY--CHRIST-GOD

#207 morganalefae

morganalefae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 07:08 PM

Yes sir!

I agree with you. I find it horrid that people are scared into following laws/rules/commandments because they think the "big guy in the sky" will "zap" them if they do anything wrong. That's not religion that's slavery. There's a big difference between wanting to do what God tells you because you love and respect Him, rather than doing it because you're afraid. Even the Bible says there's no fear in love.

It is sad. I wish more people would experience the totality of God's everlasting unconditional love rather than fear him. They'd be so much happier.

BB
Morgana

#208 Psycho Thylacine

Psycho Thylacine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1501 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 07:37 PM

"I can see, the site is near 100% wickan"

A self fufilling prophecy if there ever was one

#209 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2003 - 08:04 PM

Very soon, I'll be doing the zapping...

#210 morganalefae

morganalefae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 09:48 PM

*puts helmet on and holds shield high* I'm ready! Zap away!

Oooh oh, darn it! My helmet doesn't quite fit over these horns on my head....*giggle*

Here's a big sloppy wet snoopy kiss and a LOOOOOOVE hug to my beasty....*MWAAA*

morgana

#211 Guest_VikingRus_*

Guest_VikingRus_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:53 AM

Good morning witch 'morgana',

Exodus 22:18-20, 'Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

#212 EmiOfBrie

EmiOfBrie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:44 AM

Not all Christians share the viewpoints of Reven and Beast....in fact, in my experience, very few do.

My name is Emi. I'm a Christian....and I would like to extend a merry meet to all the Wiccans on this thread :)

Morgana makes a very valid point. The reason why so many misguided Christians feel the need to shove their belief down the throats of others is because they are afraid.

I guess I'm still a rare breed of Christian. I hold God and Jesus in such a high esteem that to even think that The Word could be passed down into a book transcribed by mere humans (like, say....THE BIBLE) is the ultimate insult to God and how complex I believe He is. To me, The Word is found by everyday observation. It's in the nature outside your window, as it continues to give life. It's in the intellect that the human race is blessed with, and how it's capable of righting great wrongs. It's in the cosmos, and its beauty as it lights up the night with stars and the day with the sun....

Though in my personal dogma, I have also borrowed the concept of karma. Personally, I feel blessed that in this day and age, I can remain, compared to most of my friends, relatively unspoiled by the harsher side of reality. I try my hardest to help out my friends & family when they need me most, and I believe that through said good works, karma has rewarded me in kind.

Now some of the other Christians here may accuse me of "changing" Christianity to suit my tastes. In that respect, I find myself no different from other Christians in the past who have done the same, like the founders of Protestantism & Catholicism, for examples...after all, they had to start with one peson or a group of people long long ago. Taking Christianity into a new tangent is nothing unheard of...it just doesn't seem to happen quite as often in today's world.

Just my 2¢ on the subject :)

#213 Guest_VikingRus_*

Guest_VikingRus_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2003 - 03:16 AM

EmiOfBrie,

What JUSTICE means for you ?
Do you have the powers to change the guidance of our Father ?

Reven

#214 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2003 - 04:03 AM

What EmiOfBrie doesn't understand is the need for justice to be done. A lot of teenagers don't have the necessary life experience to make life and death decisions. A lot of them also lack the knowledge that enables one to make such decisions, so in their carefree ways, embrace all in the misguided illusion that all is well when no one sees. Let him lose a few feathers to some ugly crow, and his naivete will depart from him quickly.

He probably doesn't know the ugly side of witchraft, such as human sacrifice, usually ... christians. Their enemy.

#215 Guest_Reven/ViKingRus_*

Guest_Reven/ViKingRus_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2003 - 04:21 AM

'beast' ,

Yes, this is a real 'pity' . I think the Human geen-pool need a reprogramming in order for the nex generations to better remember the error(s) of previous + to give them capacity to do needfull adjustments.

Beast, in another thread , I did ask you this question (copy here).
Hope you got something...

'beast'

Good morning to you. I'm in the process of getting in-print + plasted , the some 219 civil & criminal laws with examples for how to judge the various crimes.

Do you have the material ready sorted with you ? If so , I hope you can place it in our library. Myself will begin today and get those things together, but it's double-work if you allready have it.

Have a fine day/night from

Reven

#216 EmiOfBrie

EmiOfBrie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:24 AM

Um, beast....I'm female....

How many men do you know named "Emi", anyway...

#217 Gench

Gench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:56 AM

Beast writes ---

"He probably doesn't know the ugly side of witchraft, such as human sacrifice, usually ... christians. Their enemy."

Robert, get real. For starters you only need to read the bible, especially the OT to find all of the human sacrifices you could even want. 'And put all to the sword' etc.

In your own case you propose human sacrifice to those who happen not to agree with your own myths 'kill all the witches' etc.

#218 Reven

Reven

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 06:44 AM

Morgana,

The 'settling of accounts' with witches and wizard's in another way, but it's still DEATH. :

Leviticus 20:27
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death:
They shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them

#219 Gench

Gench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:04 AM

There's no doubt that those of us who follow The Old Religion were terribly persecuted by the rampaging followers of Ra who chose him and renamed him as the god of Israel, and who went on to create the offshoot Christian religion. But followers of The Old Ways have survived and now that the Christian cults are in decline we are emerging to once more take our rightful place.
Remember, just as not everyone who claims to be a Christian is or even understands what Christianity is about, so the same is just as true, maybe even more so, in the case of those who claim to be Wiccans.

That doesn't mean that there are not some real Christians, and just as certain that there are real Wiccans.

The direction to 'not suffer a witch to live' was no more than an attempt to wipe away the competition. It nearly succeeded - but didn't.

It was tried ------- and it failed. No more the burning times. This time we will light any fires that need to be lit.

#220 Reven

Reven

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:44 AM

Gench,

My Father does not tolerate 'competition' . But, you sure knows that. And , there is NO DEMOCRACY in my Fathers house.

Aha, so you wickans is to light the 'fires' on the righteous this time . Interesting to note that the leader of the fallen one is still stubborn and fighting his own creation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru