I hate witchcraft.

#142 korz-coss53

korz-coss53

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 10:02 PM

Originally posted by Warlock
Uh excuse me, this is some one else here.

I have just logged on under my roommates nick.

Can any one tell me why he just jumped out the window?

Don't you know ? He fulfilled his prophecy,an easy one .One says and then fulfills it. Self fulfilling prophecy. And you live with him and I have to tell you what he is doing. You must be as stupid as he is .Where do you live ; a mental institution?.

#143 korz-coss53

korz-coss53

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 11:21 PM

Don't you know ! He fulfilled his prophecy. A easy one .One says and then fulfills it. Self fulfilling prophecy, And you live with him and I have to tell you what he is doing. You must be as stupid as he is .Where do you live , a mental institution? If he would have said that you will jump out and you had ,that would have been impressive ; Other wise not impressive at all. We all can do that.

Now if he had said something like this..

.And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. 15And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:

this is my name for ever, and

this is my memorial unto all generations.

16Go, and gather the elders of Israel together, and say unto them, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, appeared unto me, saying, I have surely visited you, and seen that which is done to you in Egypt: 17And I have said, I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt unto the land of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, unto a land flowing with milk and honey.

That went all the way up to 1948 (said 4000yr. a go.)that is impressive. !

#144 Gench

Gench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 07:13 AM

Originally posted by Mission

1. What is a Wiccan? (must have missed it)

I am a Wiccan. Someone who studies The Wicca. If you tranche some of my previous posts, even this one, you'll get the story.

To assume that someone who has a belief system based upon The Wicca is a 'Witch' and then think in terms of the commonly held thoughts about Witch Craft is to make a mistake however.

In any case understanding and learning about The Wicca (stem is from 'Wisdom and Learning' in Old English) has everything to do with observation, experimentation, and science and little to do with superstition or 'faith'.

#145 HarryOX4

HarryOX4

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 06:26 PM

Originally posted by beast
It's not a lie, it is the truth.

<snip>

No one is to be without the law. That is lawlessness. Any man who rejects the law of Moses will be put to death without mercy (Hebrews 10-28)

any man who claims to be christian yet rejects the law is not christian, he's a tare, to be bundled with the rest of the worthless garbage and thrown in the fire.

What law we talking about here, Bestial One? The Patriot Act, Saddam Hussein's Party Rules? "Hebrews" was penned by Paul who was morally on a par with Saddam, though the latter is arguably less anti-christian than Paul was as he made a career of it until he saw a profit in switching allegiances. Consider this quote:

""Seek not the law in your scriptures, for the law is life, whereas the scripture is dead. I tell you truly, Moses received not his laws from God in writing, but through the living word. The law is living word of living God to living prophets for living men. In everything that is life is the law written. You find it in the grass, in the tree, in the river, in the mountain, in the birds of heaven, in the fishes of the sea; but seek it chiefly in yourselves. For I tell you truly, all living things are nearer to God than the scripture which is without life. God so made life and all living things that they might by the everliving word teach the laws of the true God to man. God wrote not the laws in the pages of books, but in your heart and in your spirit. They are in your breath, your blood, your bone; in your flesh, your bowels, your eyes, your ears, and in every little part of your body. They are present in the air, in the water, in the earth, in the plants, in the sunbeams, in the depths and in the heights. They all speak to you that you may understand the tongue and the will of the living God. But you shut your eyes that you may not see, and you shut your ears that you may not hear. I tell you truly, that the scripture is the work of man, but life and all its hosts are the work of our God. Wherefore do you not listen to the words of God which are written in His works? And wherefore do you study the dead scriptures which are the work of the hands of men?"

Sound advice I reckon considering how fallible men are, including that 4th century bunch of Romans who cobbled together the so-called Bible.

Harry

#146 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2003 - 06:50 PM

Sounds good Harry,

But if you commit murder, you must be put to death.

That is the law.

#147 Outside Angel

Outside Angel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 07:17 PM

That is the law of scripture. He just denied the validity of scripture on the whole, including any laws that they contain. I think it's smart; the world back then was by no means the same as the world today, and besides, each of us is different, too. So, it would make sense that "the law" be fluid, changing with the world around it.

#148 korz-coss53

korz-coss53

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 07:28 PM

Originally posted by HarryOX4
What law we talking about here, Bestial One? The Patriot Act, Saddam Hussein's Party Rules? "Hebrews" was penned by Paul who was morally on a par with Saddam, though the latter is arguably less anti-christian than Paul was as he made a career of it until he saw a profit in switching allegiances. Consider this quote:

""Seek not the law in your scriptures, for the law is life, whereas the scripture is dead. I tell you truly, Moses received not his laws from God in writing, but through the living word. The law is living word of living God to living prophets for living men. In everything that is life is the law written. You find it in the grass, in the tree, in the river, in the mountain, in the birds of heaven, in the fishes of the sea; but seek it chiefly in yourselves. For I tell you truly, all living things are nearer to God than the scripture which is without life. God so made life and all living things that they might by the everliving word teach the laws of the true God to man. God wrote not the laws in the pages of books, but in your heart and in your spirit. They are in your breath, your blood, your bone; in your flesh, your bowels, your eyes, your ears, and in every little part of your body. They are present in the air, in the water, in the earth, in the plants, in the sunbeams, in the depths and in the heights. They all speak to you that you may understand the tongue and the will of the living God. But you shut your eyes that you may not see, and you shut your ears that you may not hear. I tell you truly, that the scripture is the work of man, but life and all its hosts are the work of our God. Wherefore do you not listen to the words of God which are written in His works? And wherefore do you study the dead scriptures which are the work of the hands of men?"

Sound advice I reckon considering how fallible men are, including that 4th century bunch of Romans who cobbled together the so-called Bible.

Harry

Amen!

As long as the bible does not become an idol it is okay. As a idol ?

[COLOR=darkred]the bible writs as some form of witness to God's word. it writs ;

#149 korz-coss53

korz-coss53

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 08:00 PM

Originally posted by Outside Angel
That is the law of scripture. He just denied the validity of scripture on the whole, including any laws that they contain. I think it's smart; the world back then was by no means the same as the world today, and besides, each of us is different, too. So, it would make sense that "the law" be fluid, changing with the world around it.

The only part that is fluid is that part that has no just mercy . Devils condemnation of Man for one's own self serving reasons. Using the Law as a pretence to get what one wants and so unjust in it; as in the prosecution of the Law. The

law it self is good. God given and God is God is good. God is the same yesterday today and tomorrow. The Devils condemnation of Man by the use of the law is over and God found the Devil wanting

As in thou shalt not (is for prosecution of violators ) murder . With out the thou shalt not one is not to go and say it is okay to murder. Not good to do bad. Be as God ; be good . Be good for goodness' sake and not because one will be prosecuted by the Law.

6And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and

keep my commandments. 7Thou shalt not take the name of the

LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. 8Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt

not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. 13Thou shalt not kill. 14Thou shalt not commit adultery. 15Thou shalt not steal. 16Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. 17Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour

#150 korz-coss53

korz-coss53

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 10:20 PM

outside Angel :

The 10 commandments do not have the shalt
not commit fornication; Were is it? Or is it a civil law. Is it a law governed by Man and not God? a Government supervised law ? by a vote. A marriage laws of societies?

#151 Outside Angel

Outside Angel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 11:44 PM

I really can't see why it would be a law in the first place. Pretty stupid idea, abstinence. Goes completely against nature, plus, why would anyone want to not have sex? I dunno...don't ask me.

#152 korz-coss53

korz-coss53

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 12:32 AM

Originally posted by Outside Angel
I really can't see why it would be a law in the first place. Pretty stupid idea, abstinence. Goes completely against nature, plus, why would anyone want to not have sex? I dunno...don't ask me.

Marriage is sex.

#153 HarryOX4

HarryOX4

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 11:24 AM

Sounds good Harry,

But if you commit murder, you must be put to death.

That is the law.

Hmm, so you are saying that murderers must be murdered, but what about the murderers of the murderers, must they be murdered too?

And what of those that murder animals, or are we drawing the line at homicide, murder of humans? And what of the Kissingers and Bushes of this world who arrange for others to do their killing, are they culpable in the eyes of this law of yours?

Harry

#154 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2003 - 01:58 PM

Self imposed stupidity is the worst kind, it cannot be cured by reason.

Killing a scumbag in not murder, it's justice.

#155 HarryOX4

HarryOX4

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 04:33 PM

Self imposed stupidity is the worst kind, it cannot be cured by reason.

Killing a scumbag in not murder, it's justice.

Oh right, so if people decide that Bush and Kissinger are 'scumbags' then it's OK to murder them? By that logic the (self-proclaimed) freedom-fighters who wage a terrorist war against what they regard as (capitalist) American scumbags are doing the right thing.

I thought you said earlier that you were in law enforcement, that's scary, like having a fox guarding the henhouse.

Harry

#156 Gench

Gench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 05:13 PM

Now I'm no scholar but I have seen various opinion expressed in commentaries and also inferred in the Haftorah on the meaning of 'kill' to the effect that it can also betaken as cutting someone of from the tribe as well as physically ending their life ---

Just a thought.

But that aside, when it comes to the death penalty for certain crimes such as child molestation, rape, murder then I do see advantage to having a judicial death sentence available.

#157 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2003 - 10:16 PM

If you don't know the difference between killing and murdering, I suggest you stay away from the topic of justice.

#158 Gench

Gench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:36 AM

Yes Robert, I agree.

#159 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2003 - 08:48 AM

My answer was directed to Harry. But being a witch yourself, and seeing nothing wrong with your errligion, I would assume you think the law of Moses if applied would constitute murder, in your eyes.

#160 Gench

Gench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 09:59 AM

Insofar that the Law of Moses provides for a death penalty under Law then actually I do see the need for such a penalty to exist in any legal system.

Where I do (obviously) have a problem is wiith Exd 22:18!

But then again - the use of the word 'live' is an imprecise translation and can be taken as to infer that a witch should not be permitted to remain with the tribe.

But let's also look at the word 'witch'. In the time of writing there was a big time problem with those 'up the coast' who worshipped baal. The practice of what is thought to be a form of oracal foretelling of the future was widespread and was a form of what was described as 'witchcraft'. Plainly such activities run counter to the concept of an omnipotent god - after all, who could need the services of anyone or anything else with such a deity at your beck and call.

What's more the prohibition against the eating of red meat and dairy produce is again based upon a common practice amongst the worshipers of baal, that of using milk in meat dishes See:-

Exd 23:19 --- Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And further re enforced by a duplication: -

Exd 34:26 Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And yet again :-

Deu 14:21 --- Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

This is taken along with other apparently strange directions as being directives to avoid all matters associated with the competitive religion at the time which was based upon the worship of another deity.

Now because necromancy - and a lot worse - was practised by those same people it made sense to ensure to the proponents of Judaism to ensure that that any possible influence or competition was excluded to the fullest extent possible. Even the prohibition on shaving was linked to the practice of the baal worshipers to go clean shaven!

So in summary - I've not got a problem with the putting to death of people who commit certain crimes such as child molestation, rape, and murder provided it is as a result of due process of secular law.

But let's also look at the word 'witch'. In the time of writing there was a big time problem with those 'up the coast' who worshippied baal. In fact the prohibition against the eating of red meat and dairy produce is again based upon a common practice amongst the worshipers of baal. See:-

Exd 23:19 --- Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

and further re enforced by a duplication :-

Exd 34:26 Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

and yet again :-

Deu 14:21 --- Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

This is taken along with other apparently strange directions as being directives to avoid all matters associated with the competitive religion based upon the worship of another deity.

Now because necromancy - and a lot worse - was practiced by those same people it made sense to ensure to the proponents of judisim to ensure that that any possible influence or competition was excuded to the fullest extent possible.

So in summary - I've not got a problem with the putting to death of people who committ certian crimes such as child molestation, rape, and murder providied it is as a result of due process of secular law.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru