• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 seedartez

seedartez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 07:43 PM

Media mogul Rupert Murdoch (of Fox News, etc.) confirmed today in an interview published in The Guardian that indeed the Bush White House rush to war with Iraq is about oil . . . and he's all for it.

Reports The Guardian:

"He said the price of oil would be one of the war's main benefits. 'The greatest thing to come out of this for the world economy, if you could put it that way, would be $20 a barrel for oil. That's bigger than any tax cut in any country.'

"Mr. Murdoch's comments come just a week after he told Fortune magazine in the U.S. that war could fueld an economic boom.

"Who knows what the future holds? I have a pretty optimistic medium and long-term view but things are going to be pretty sticky until we get Iraq behind us. But once it's behind us, the whole world will benefit from cheaper oil which will be a bigger stimulus than anything else," he told Fortune."

As for President Bush, Murdoch had this to say to The Guardian: "He will either go down in history as a very great president or he'll crash and burn. . . "

So there you have it, folks.

Yes, seems there a lot of truth in the contention that the war is about oil . . . at least to one of the men who is doing everything in his not inconsiderable power to bring about the war.

Here is a link to The Guardian story:

http://media.guardia...,893762,00.html

Anyone?

#2 Gandu

Gandu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 11:43 PM

Protecting the status of the Petro-dollar as the world's reserve currency.

Simply put, the dollar has for several decades been positioned as the only way for an industrialized country to pay OPEC for oil. No matter who you were, you had to buy American dollars and then send those dollars to OPEC, who would then use the money to buy American debt, or American weapons.

It was the perfect set-up. Greenspan printed worthless dollars, and gave them to people who gave us free gasoline, and free TV sets, and free wicker furniture. The game changed, however, when the Euro was introduced. Now, many oil-producing nations are accepting the Euro instead of the dollar. Saddam loves the Euro.

This new competition from the Euro makes Uncle Sam very angry. So Uncle Sam came up with a plan; he sent a secret message to all the Arabs:

You will only accept American Dollars, or we will kill you.

This, to a large extent, explains the secrecy surrounding the activities of the American government. It would be difficult for President Bush to go on TV and explain the benefits of his Dollars or Death foreign policy. Many left-wing pacifists would say that we shouldn't kill people who accept the Euro. (Unless they are French.)

No more Petro-Dollar reserve currency; no more free stuff for Americans.

http://www.rense.com...al34/dfolla.htm
[/QUOTE]

#3 Guest_texians1st_*

Guest_texians1st_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2003 - 04:24 AM

I agree with the concept 100% that Bush is protecting the petro-dollar.

He is making sure all his buddies and his daddy's buddies and Cheney's buddies in the HUGE US / BRIT OIL CORPORATE CONSORTIUM will make even MORE immoral dollars.

I worked in the oil industry for 13 years. The petro/gas prices are not greatly effected by the international price of oil directly. Refinery limitations or overproduction is the only valid reason gas prices should fluctuate. Oil prices have relatively little to do with directly affecting the market price of gasoline.

Oil Scares are now affecting the market. Gas prices are on the rise in the season when they are normally lower and stable. The government is the creator of all Oil Scares in the US. Prices are rising because everytime that an Oil Scare is used on the public the Oil Boy Elites can gouge the price of gasoline upwards even though the Crude Oil prices have not risen dramatically and even if they did that price is for oil not even out of the ground yet.

Also the US War Machine is demanding all the resources causing the scalpers to raise the price of gas on the people. THe US government is hoarding the gas production for the war machinery at less than 1/2 the pump price of gas. To keep profits from declining the oil moguls gouge and rape the regular consumer.

Europe and probably Russia have higher gas prices than the US, but still this is not directly caused by the price of crude oil as it is by the location and availability of refineries to process crude into gas and the cost of moving the gasoline to market in Europe.

When I worked in the industries in the late 80's the US had two refineries. One for sweet crude (Texas Oil and Arabian Oil) -- One for heavy crude (Alaskan Oil) .. Another refinery for sweet crude was in South America (Venezuela?)

The US had more refineries in the past.. but due to overproduction, bad managment, too low a price on gas, and failing to upgrade with newer technologies, -- these others disappeared.

I guess I'm saying all this to report that the PetroDollar is about the rich guy getting richer.. It has little to do with the everyday American. Rich Boys play the Crude Oil game.. the rest of us suffer because of it.

I've heard Europeans complain that they pay much higher prices than in the US. This true for economic reasons above. But the truth is that the lower the price in the US the lower the price in Europe -- the market is fixed -- manipulated. Usually lower prices is from overproduction.. then we all get the gas a bit cheaper..

Some of this is base on theory of economics.. but much of the price rises are simply due to gouging by the Oil Elite, simply because they can....

We really need NEW CLEAN RENEWABLE ENERGY for vehicles.
EVen FREE energy is not that far off if the Seven Sister Oil companies would stop hiding the new technologies from us.

#4 Guest_ubob37_*

Guest_ubob37_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2003 - 07:49 AM

I just read this a week ago on the internet:

Greer announced that such a device has been found.

The inventor's name is being withheld for his own security and protection. In the thuggish world in which we now live there are quite a number of very powerful corporations which would use any means necessary to suppress this free-energy device. In fact we are on the verge of mass slaughter in order to get more oil.
Dr. Greer said security was the reason why he wanted to make the announcement immediately, and to a very wide audience.
"The reason I am speaking about this at this very early stage of its discovery is that the millions of people listening tonight are our protection. Those of you who are listening to this should tell everyone they know that this is coming down the path. It is our intention to protect this system, get it tested, get it perfected, get it out to the public and terminate the need for gas and oil and coal and start an entirely new sustainable civilization on this planet, that is long overdue. It could have happened probably fifty years ago or more. But it's now time for us to do it as a people.

http://www.disclosureproject.org/

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2003 - 10:34 AM

"No more free stuff for Americans" ?

If that's the way you want it, then no more aid to any other nations! Anti-Americans say that "America only protects Israel".... Didn't we send Palestine about 6 billion dollars last year? Hhmm, interesting. America's aid is all-too-often divided up by corrupt governments and never reach starving citizens.... You don't want any aid or money, it's your choice. I do not mean to sound elitest (liberal), but that's the way it is...
PS - The US only gets about one-fifth of its oil from the Middle-East. If we had wanted the oil, we would have TAKEN it during the Gulf War. Why didn't we take Kuwaiti or Iraqi oil? Why didn't we take out Saddam in Bagdad: 1) possibility of civilian deaths and 2) the UN didn't sanction it. Oops, there goes your argument! It's easier to blame the US that take responsibilty for your own inactions.

#6 Atheris

Atheris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 11:05 AM

Who else has interest in Iraq's oil???

Russia...$40 billion in proposed contracts

and France...maybe as much as $60 billion.

The US will cut a new deal with Russia and France, temporarily control the oilfields (maybe after we subdue the flames), then exit with 1st preference for new contracts.

We won't, however, take over Iraq's oil.

#7 puzzledude

puzzledude

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 12:15 PM

Both the pro war & anti war groups know its all about controlling the oil, no one on these forums dispute this fact except 3 or 4 people.
Of all the people I speak with regularly ( around 100 ) only 2 people think its "to save the world from Sadaam & liberate the poor Iraquis"

I can understand why America is doing this & I believe any dominant nation on the planet would do the same if they could.

But please dont claim its noble & just & in the name of freedom coz this offends & insults the intelligence of thinking people.

#8 Atheris

Atheris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 12:36 PM

Disarming Saddam of WMD and fighting the war on terrorism is the primary objective.

911, Saddam, Bil Laden, and N. Korea are more on the minds of Americans than the price of gas.

We're tired of f**king with these lunatics.

If the US was only interested in oil we would lift sanctions so that we could buy cheap Iraqi oil.

To say that EU countries are only interested in avoiding war contradicts their fat contracts with Bagdad.

I don't think anyone wants to see the innocent die. They have no control of their fate.

Civilian casualties will be a direct result of Saddam's last military blunder.

#9 puzzledude

puzzledude

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 01:06 PM

I'm well aware that China, Russia & France are also about the oil in thier anti war stance, they dont want to lose thier contracts under a new regime.

As far as WMD are concerned...
I imagine any people who sit & watch the world discussing how to steal & divide thier resources, will become resentful & eventualy may look toward WMD to break the chains that bind them. So yes, its a possibility in the future.

Right now I realy believe the priority is to secure the oilfields & bump up production.

This proposal by the other axis to increase inspecters & patrols makes alot of sense but will be rejected by America & why?.. oil.

What if Sadaam went one better again & offered to surrender control of his military to a coalition, but only accepted Euro's for the oil.

This would neuter him as a WMD threat.
Do u think America would accept such a proposal?

#10 Atheris

Atheris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 01:37 PM

No I don't. It doesn't make economic sense, and it's an unrealistic scenario anyway. I would like to see Saddam go into exile, and let a new Iraqi Govt. disperse oil contracts as they see fit.

Look, Americans are growing tired of Europeans telling us it's all about oil. 911 is still a bleeding wound for us, and to suggest otherwise is insulting.

If a dirty nuke went off in Sydney Harbor and killed thousands, Aussies would not forget either. And it would most certainly be Americans coming to your aid.

I am flabbergasted that following 12 years of non-compliance and the recent "last chance UNSCR 1441" that everyone signed, and Hans Blix's recent statement of Iraq's further deceit, that anyone with any grey matter, would see that inspections will never work.

Have you seen any interviews with Iraqi defectors, or the former Nuclear and Biological UN weapons inspectors? They all say the effort is laughably futile.

See my post in the main forum on "Why Saddam will be disarmed."

#11 seedartez

seedartez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 09:09 PM

In point of fact, Atheris, I opened this thread with information that media mogul Rupert Murdoch says an Iraq war is about oil. Rupert is not a European . . . so it seems if you want to be up to date you will have to expand your list of those who are making you tired on the oil issue to include Americans as well as Europeans. You see, Rupert actually is an American citizen whose company NewsCorp owns Fox News, among other things, among many, many other things. Since he wheels and deals at a pretty high level, I suggest he is in a pretty good position to know. You'd think, huh? Or do you have information that he does not have?

#12 SmallMind

SmallMind

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 11:11 PM

OIL above $36 and US stockpile at 27 year lows. Keep thsi pressure up for a few more months and it is going to fall off a cliff.

Or better yet, spike oil to $50+ for a month. That shoule make all the states go BK.

Yep, its not about oil. NOT.

Oh yea, none of us have lived under threats of terrorists before. Usually funded by the US. So dont expect too much sympathy. Especially after how you abused that sympathy.

#13 puzzledude

puzzledude

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 12:55 AM

Atheris: "We won't, however, take over Iraq's oil."

puzzledude:"Of course its for the oil!"

Atheris: "Disarming Saddam of WMD and fighting the war on terrorism is the primary objective."

puzzledude:"What if Sadaam offered to surrender control of his military to a coalition, but only accepted Euro's for the oil.
This would neuter him as a WMD threat.
Do u think America would accept such a proposal?

Atheris:"No I don't. It doesn't make economic sense"

Thank you.

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2003 - 08:26 AM

Smallmind - what an appropriate name! What country are you from? "terrorism....Usually funded by the US"... Cite sources.... I dare you..... Bbbbbbbut, but, but, what? Is that crying? Again, where are you from? Sources, smallmind....

#15 SmallMind

SmallMind

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 08:48 AM

Go back to waco.

#16 American Pikle

American Pikle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 01:26 AM

GOPPER NAZI'S BIGGEST TERRORISTS ON THE PLANET.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru