Theme© by Fisana

Oil, oil everywhere, and not an Iraqi barrel of it for your SUV

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Il Porko_*

Guest_Il Porko_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2003 - 12:49 PM

Let me say a few things before I start my rant on this war. I lean very much to the right politically. I believe in free trade, the death penalty, I'm against abortion, I think criminals should be flogged, I am anti-Euro and a staunch Europhobe.

That said, I'm going to an anti-war protest tomorrow as I don't agree with this war in Iraq. I am in favour of removing Saddam Hussein's ability to cause harm,to his ow people and to the rest of the world. I don't think that Saddam is going to nuke Washington or anything silly lke that, but a vague possibility is that he may develop his weapons of mass destruction, then invade Kuwait, and say to America that rescuing Kuwait would result in a nuking of New York. Even more possible is the threat of terrorist attacks in the USA and Europe. If Saddam does not support al-Qaeda direclty, he's probably cheering them on from the sidelines.

My issue with this war is that it is not being fought to save the world, or a patch of land that the Jews are entitled to, or even a smaller patch of land that the Jews are not entitled to, but which they took anyway. This war is about oil. OIL! Oil! OIL!

It's not about the oil that Saddam sells to America. Europe buys more oil from Iraq than America does. Then again, before Spain invaded central America, Spain got almost nothing from that part of the world. This war is being fought because of the oil reserves that Iraq has.

A strange coincidence is that America's foreign policy recently has bene focused on three countries: Russia, Afghanistan and Iraq. Iraq holds the world's second largest oil reserves. Russia theoretically has more oil than any other country on earth, and Afghanistan is right next door to the country with the potential for more oil than the rest of the world put together.

There is a precedent for American empire building, as in the Mexican American war, when America saved the world by thrashing mexico, but asked for loads of land in return (including California). Vietnam was just a commie bashing exercise, as evidenced by what happened after America pulled out. If America really wanted to stop terrorism, why did so many Americans fund the IRA without their government doing anything to stop them?

Yes, war with Iraq is needed. War is needed if Saddam can not be disarmed. America does not have the right to agree to UN resolution 1441, and then rip up 1441 if they feel like it. Right now, America is doing all it can to bend Europe to its will and force a war with Iraq. Then again, as you'll hear in every capital city in Europe tomorrow, when 750,000 people, including me, march against American empire building : "shame shame, fight no wars in my name".

#2 SmallMind

SmallMind

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 03:02 PM

70% of Iraqi oil goes to the US, they just increased production to send even more oil to the US because US stockpiles are at 27 year lows.

Hey dont ask me, it aint the oil since Saddam is willing to sell all he can for money (he aint willing to give it for free though) and it aint WMD's because Saddam dont have any.

#3 American Pikle

American Pikle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 01:24 AM

Yep.. Now it is 100%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru