Avatars is the small images that is shown below the moniker (username) in left side of the postings, such as my dog.
Avatars can not be used before the poster have become "senior member", after having posted 15 posts or more.
Avatars can max be 50*50 pixels (A common problem is that people try to use too big avatars) and should be GIF or JPG file.
To implement avatars, you have to enter "User cp" - "edit options" and go to the bottom of the page, to the avatar section.
A) Change avatar
"Use custom avatar" = yes
C) "You can enter an URL of your avatar:" = The url (http://www.someavatarsite.something). Just enter an avatar site (Look below, where there is a list of good avatar sites), and when you found a good one, just cut and paster the URL.
- Please be aware that the "You can upload an avatar from your computer:" is out of function, so it can not be used.
- This avatar works for sure, so you can use it to test with. Just paste http://www.gamespy.c.../av/am/am12.gif into the box where the URL shall be written.
Here is a listning of sites on internet, where you can find avatars.
- Gamespys site for avatars
- Another directory with avatars
And here is a good "How to" written by 2hot2handle
Originally posted by 2hot2handle
OK, this is the avatar website. When you find the avatar you like, move your curser in the picture and it will show the name of the gif file. Rather than copying it, write it on a piece of paper. My avatar gif file for example is am/am13.gif. So, when you go into your profile, the complete line should read: http://www.gamespy.c.../av/am/am13.gif , and that should do the trick.
- This post will be updated as new info comes.
- I'll delete postings in this thread, for the only purpose to make it as easy as possible for people to get the info they need witout having to read a lot of "noise". Info from deleted postings will of course be implemented it this post.
- If you wan't to make some avatar tests, it would be good to do it inside this thread, because I erase the testpostings from time to time, hence you won't disturb other posters on the board when doing your tests.
- This thread may seem to be redundant now, but fact is that many new posters still have avatar problems, but unlike before this thread came up, those problems are now solved much faster. But, it is still usefull and will remain in here, untill I come up with a real "General ressource list for Pravda posters" in mainforum.
- More info about Avatars from Pravdas official Faq.
Special thanks to 2hot2handle, Mission, ZXB, CaptainAmerica, Khalida and many other posters, for providing good info to this thread.
Thread last edited 16. march 2003