Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Top Iranian Defector On Iran's Collaboration with Iraq, North Korea, Al-Qa'ida, and H

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 porky

porky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4585 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 03:46 PM

Top Iranian Defector On Iran's Collaboration with Iraq, North Korea, Al-Qa'ida, and Hizbullah

The London-based Saudi daily Al-Sharq Al-Awsat reported that senior Iranian Revolutionary Guards official Hamid Reza Zakiri recently defected. In an interview with Al-Sharq Al-Awsat, Zakiri disclosed information regarding the cooperation of the Revolutionary Guards and Iranian intelligence apparatuses (1) with Saddam Hussein's regime, terror organizations such as the Palestinian and Egyptian Jihad organizations, Al-Qa'ida, and Hizbullah. Zakiri also discussed the 1998 political murders in Iran, which were committed by the Iranian security apparatuses, and stated that Iran has nuclear installations. (2)
According to Al-Sharq Al-Awsat, Zakiri had worked as a supervisor and director of intelligence for the Revolutionary Guards, and had then moved to the Security Ministry, where he served in several positions for a number of years. Later, he joined the security apparatus of the Leader's Office, where he was a supervisor in charge of the apparatus's secretariat, and learned of the secret links between the Revolutionary Guards and Iranian security apparatuses, and revolutionary forces in the region.

In the interview, conducted outside Iran, Zakiri said that Dr. Ayman Al-Zawahiri, leader of the Egyptian Jihad organization and Osama bin Laden's deputy, established close ties with current deputy commander of the Revolutionary Guards, Brigadier-General Muhammad Bakr Dhu-Al-Qadr, and with current commanders of the Iranian and Al-Quds Forces, part of the Revolutionary Guards; commanders include Ahmad Vahidi and Hussein Muslih, who was former commander of the Revolutionary Guards in Lebanon. Zakiri told of bin Laden's stay in the Sudan, during the period when the Iranian Revolutionary Guards maintained an extensive presence there. According to him, Hizbullah and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, under the leadership of Fathi Shiqaqi, had a massive presence in the special training camps supervised by Guards officers such as Dhu-Al-Qadr.

Al-Sharq Al-Awsat further noted that Zakiri said he was shocked when he read the political assassination file and learned of the security personnel's part in committing these and other acts. (3)

The paper also said that Zakiri revealed details of Imad Mughnia's (leading Hizbullah operative stationed in Iran with connections to Al-Qa'ida) role in some of the joint operations funded by Iranian intelligence and carried out by Islamic Jihad and other fundamentalist organizations.

The following is Al-Sharq Al-Awsat's entire interview with Hamid Reza Zakiri, as well as a response by the Iranian Foreign Ministry, and news reports about other top-ranking Iranian defectors.

Personal Details

Al-Sharq Al-Awsat: "Who are you?"

Zakiri: "My name is Hamid Reza Zakiri, and I was born in 1962 in the city of Najafabad in the Isfahan district. From the outbreak of the
Revolution until 1985, I worked with the revolutionary committees and the [Revolutionary] Guards in Isfahan. Later, I moved to Tehran, where I was in charge of the [Revolutionary] Guards in the capital's 10th District. At that time, the regional commander was Mahdi Mubligh. That district was considered the central command, and was headed by Mohsen Rezai (later the Guards commander and now Expediency Council secretary). I was also in close contact with Hajj Morteza Rezai (head of Revolutionary Guards intelligence), and upon his instructions I carried out dangerous missions at the fronts of the war on Iraq and its agents during that time. In 1986 I was part of a group of 400 [Revolutionary] Guards officers attached to the new Security Ministry, established at that time."

Al-Sharq Al-Awsat: "What was your position at the Security Ministry?"

Zakiri: "I underwent special training and I studied abroad because I was an alumnus of the Imam Baqer College (a college belonging to the Security Ministry, attended by security personnel). Naturally, my area was espionage and counter-espionage, and administration of domestic security matters. After a few years, I completed a prestigious course at the [Department] of Strategic and Security Affairs."

On Iranian - North Korean Relations

Al-Sharq Al-Awsat: "You said that you participated in teaching and training courses abroad. Where was this?"

Zakiri: "I went to North Korea twice, as our relations with it are special. Over the years, we sent a number of groups of Revolutionary Guards personnel and security [forces personnel] to North Korea. Among those who received combat training were Revolutionary Guards Commander Rahim Safavi and his deputy Dhu-Al-Qadr. Among the personnel of the [Revolutionary] Guards were units of pilots who received training in flying and parachuting operations, among them Brigadier-General Kalibaf (now military forces commander). Our group included intelligence officers. The first time I went for 40 days and participated in special courses on psychological warfare and counter-espionage, and the second time, I stayed in North Korea again for 40 days and participated in a special course for protecting nuclear and other secret installations."

Al-Sharq Al-Awsat: "What are the nuclear installations for? Are there really nuclear installations?"

Zakiri: "I don

#2 porky

porky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4585 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 03:47 PM

On Iranian Support of Hizbullah's Actions Against the U.S.

Al-Sharq Al-Awsat: "You mean you went [to Lebanon]?"

Zakiri: "I have visited most of the countries in the region, but I meant that the [Revolutionary] Guards established bases in Lebanon, and used them for recruiting and training the revolutionaries and gradually bringing them into [carrying out] their schemes against the Americans, such as blowing up the Marines headquarters in Beirut [1983] and attacking the American Embassy. Imad Mughnia and some of the [Revolutionary] Guards commanders had a major part in these actions. Imad Mughnia and some of the [Revolutionary] Guards officers commanded the operation of hijacking the American TWA airplane and the killing of one of its passengers. Mughnia remained liaison officer with Dr. Ayman Al-Zawahiri and with commanders of other fundamentalist organization."

Al-Qa'ida Request for "Help to Carry Out a Most Important Mission in the Land of the 'Great Satan'"

#3 fu2

fu2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25082 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 03:50 PM

And how much has he been paid for the "revelations"? LOL :D

#4 chisinau

chisinau

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 03:52 PM

He did a lot for the "great Islamic Revolution" in Iran, was part of the security-forces and was a criminal like the others.

Should be put on trial and sentenced in accordance with his crimes.

(or maybe he is just a f*@$%#g liar)

#5 baltoga

baltoga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3626 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 04:11 PM

Shocking! The Axis of Evil is for real!

#6 fu2

fu2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25082 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 04:39 PM

(or maybe he is just a f*@$%#g liar)

How could you call the good defector a liar?

He just present the script writen by his new masters as a truth. LOL :D

#7 MirrorMan

MirrorMan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8418 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:46 AM

[URL][/URL]

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:52 AM

Defectors, lies, err, true information.

True information, just like Iraqs information lier..LOL

These morons in Washington cant even bother to change the lies. The same garbage for Iran as Iraq.

Bush needs a new story writer, errrr lier, errrr, man to write information for him.

Owl

#9 seanus

seanus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2565 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:55 AM

Don't any of you remember how so many top Iraqi scientists were interwied prior to the war, and all said that saddam had huge stocks of WMD?
This is unreal. Those asshol es are using the same old tactics, and everybody swallows it:(
Seanus

#10 redlinekev

redlinekev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 01:14 AM

Oh hell ya Seanus.....

EVERYONE knew where the weapons were.....

Experts,,,,,defector Iraqi scientists....top US officials.

And the hundreds of persons captured/interrogated since the "FALL" LOL of Baghdad. :rolleyes:

I mean these guys most assuredly (Saddam especially) have probably recieved the FINEST of "interrogation techniques".

And still not a drop of VX to be found.

Damn now THAT it a top flyte security organization.....the Stasi has nothing on Saddam's inner circle it seems.....:rolleyes:

#11 seanus

seanus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2565 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 01:23 AM

Originally posted by redlinekev
Oh hell ya Seanus.....

EVERYONE knew where the weapons were.....

Experts,,,,,defector Iraqi scientists....top US officials.

And the hundreds of persons captured/interrogated since the "FALL" LOL of Baghdad.

I mean these guys most assuredly (Saddam especially) have probably recieved the FINEST of "interrogation techniques".

And still not a drop of VX to be found.

Damn now THAT it a top flyte security organization.....the Stasi has nothing on Saddam's inner circle it seems.....:rolleyes:

:D ahhhhhhh saddam. I wonder where is is now?
Wasn't he supposed to go to trial?
Seanus

#12 redlinekev

redlinekev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 01:24 AM

:D

Probably needing about a gallon of Nytol by now.

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru