• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 852369

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24479 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:14 PM

High-speed rail linking central, western China starts operation

English.news.cn 2010-02-06 19:19:23Posted ImageFeedbackPosted ImagePosted ImagePrintPosted ImagePosted ImageRSSPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

XI'AN, Feb. 6 (Xinhua) -- A high-speed railway linking central China city Zhengzhou and northwestern city Xi'an, went into operation Saturday.
Posted ImageWith a speed of 350 kilometers per hour, the high-speed Electric Multiple Unit (EMU) train coded G2004 is about to leave Xi'an for Zhengzhou in Xi'an Railway Station, northwest China's Shaanxi Province, on Feb. 6, 2010. (Xinhua/Ding Haitao)
The 505-km Zhengzhou-Xi'an high-speed railway, the first of its kind in central and western China, cut the travel time between the two cities from former more than six hours to less than two hours, said local railway authorities Saturday.
The first train left Xi'an, capital of Shaanxi Province, at 10:50 a.m. and arrived at Zhengzhou, capital of Henan Province, at 1:15 p.m., said Long Jing, head of the Xi'an Railway Bureau.
The train traveled at 350 kilometers per hour, said Long. A total of 14 trains would be traveling between Zhengzhou and Xi'an everyday, said Long.
The first train from Zhengzhou to Xi'an departed from Zhengzhou at 11:25 a.m. and arrived at Xi'an at 2:01 p.m., said Niu Jianfeng, spokesman of the Zhengzhou Railway Bureau.
The Zhengzhou-Xi'an high-speed railway, included in the country's "Mid- and long-term railway network plan", has been built since Sept. 25, 2005, with a total investment of about 35.31 billion yuan (5.17 billion U.S. dollars), said Niu.
Posted ImageWith a speed of 350 kilometers per hour, a high-speed Electric Multiple Unit (EMU) train is on test operation en route from Xi'an to Zhengzhou, in Tongguan, northwest China's Shaanxi Province, on Feb. 4, 2010. (Xinhua/Ding Haitao)
"The Zhengzhou-Xi'an high-speed railway will meet the growing demand of of passenger and cargo transportation in central and western China, and help promote local development," said Wang Yongping, spokesman of the Ministry of Railways.
Henan is one of the major grain producers of China and an emerging economic and industrial powerhouse. This most populous province in China is also a major tourist attraction with a great number of sites of historical and cultural interests. Shaanxi boasts rich cultural resources and is endowed with rich natural resources such as coal, petroluem, and natural gas.
The country's total railway coverage will be more than 110,000 kilometers by 2012 and 120,000 kilometers by 2020, according to the "Mid- and long-term railway network plan".
"By 2012, it will take less than eight hours to travel by train from Beijing to most provincial capitals in China," said Long.

1 2 Posted Image
1 2 Posted Image

Editor: Deng Shasha

#2 852369

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24479 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

High-speed rail linking central, western China starts operation

English.news.cn 2010-02-06 19:19:23

Posted ImagePassengers sit on the high-speed Electric Multiple Unit (EMU) train coded G2003 heading to Xi'an in Zhengzhou, central China's Henan Province, on Feb. 6, 2010. The first high-speed passenger railway in western China, which links Xi'an with Zhengzhou, started operation on Saturday morning. The 505-km line will help shorten the travel time between the two major cities to less than two hours from current six hours. (Xinhua/Zhu Xiang)
Posted Image Posted ImageWith a speed of 350 kilometers per hour, the high-speed Electric Multiple Unit (EMU) train coded G2003 leaves Zhengzhou for Xi'an in Zhengzhou Railway Station, central China's Henan Province, on Feb. 6, 2010. (Xinhua/Zhu Xiang)
Posted Image Posted ImageWith a speed of 350 kilometers per hour, the high-speed Electric Multiple Unit (EMU) train coded G2004 runs en route from Xi'an to Zhengzhou, in Sanmenxia, central China's Henan Province, on Feb. 6, 2010. (Xinhua/Zhao Peng)
Posted Image Posted ImageA passenger shows the souvenir on the high-speed Electric Multiple Unit (EMU) train coded G2004 heading to Zhengzhou in Xi'an Railway Station, northwest China's Shaanxi Province, on Feb. 6, 2010. (Xinhua/Ding Haitao)Posted Image Posted Image With a speed of 350 kilometers per hour, the high-speed Electric Multiple Unit (EMU) train coded G2003 runs en route from Zhengzhou to Xi'an, in Sanmenxia, central China's Henan Province, on Feb. 6, 2010.(Xinhua/Zhao Peng)Posted Image Posted ImageRailway staffs(F) offer guidance to the crowded passengers through a loudspeaker in Guangzhou railway station, Guangzhou, south China's Guangdong province, on Feb. 5, 2010. (Xinhua/Ding Yong)

Editor: Deng Shasha

#3 Guest_Aqua_*

Guest_Aqua_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:33 PM

Xin is an amazing city with the terracotta warriors...

http://en.wikipedia....Terracotta_Army

Posted Image

Friday, 29 January 2010 4:32:46 PM

I send you some pictures of our party and the final work meeting which made me had been busy in the last week. all the stuff of the meeting and the party were arranged by me, such as the board of party with the 2 tigers---2010 is tiger year, the gifts for the party---wave oven and so on, large and small tiger toys; the costumes, the performances, the games, and the lucky dip...
i also performed the opening dance and the Taiji sword, maybe i could send the video to you later if you like.

when i am writing to you now, a news is reported on TV, the express railway from Zhengzhou to Xi'an has been put into use. when we visited there it took us 8 hours, now it only takes 1:48, the speed could be 350km/hour. it would have been better if we visited Xi'an this year instead of last year, you could experience the fast train.

sleep well! hope you will receive my greetings this morning when you open you eyes and your computers! :-)

#4 852369

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24479 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:45 PM

Xin is an amazing city with the terracotta warriors...

http://en.wikipedia....Terracotta_Army

Posted Image

Friday, 29 January 2010 4:32:46 PM

I send you some pictures of our party and the final work meeting which made me had been busy in the last week. all the stuff of the meeting and the party were arranged by me, such as the board of party with the 2 tigers---2010 is tiger year, the gifts for the party---wave oven and so on, large and small tiger toys; the costumes, the performances, the games, and the lucky dip...
i also performed the opening dance and the Taiji sword, maybe i could send the video to you later if you like.

when i am writing to you now, a news is reported on TV, the express railway from Zhengzhou to Xi'an has been put into use. when we visited there it took us 8 hours, now it only takes 1:48, the speed could be 350km/hour. it would have been better if we visited Xi'an this year instead of last year, you could experience the fast train.

sleep well! hope you will receive my greetings this morning when you open you eyes and your computers! :-)

Thank you Aqua and yes it would be very interesting to see photos above mentioned. Very kind of you.

#5 Guest_Aqua_*

Guest_Aqua_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:56 PM

this is what we are up to...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.max-boegl...position=inline

Posted Image

#6 Guest_Aqua_*

Guest_Aqua_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:08 PM

Thank you Aqua and yes it would be very interesting to see photos above mentioned. Very kind of you.

numbers but you have to satisfy yourself with train pictures for the time being, there are way to sexy...

#7 852369

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24479 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:10 PM

numbers but you have to satisfy yourself with train pictures for the time being, there are way to sexy...

I have wife und two girlfriends for that Aqua but thanks anyhow.

#8 Guest_Aqua_*

Guest_Aqua_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

I have wife und two girlfriends for that Aqua but thanks anyhow.

Maybe I shoud post it for Yankthis, the tiger and stuff as he still believes I was never in China and it is impossible to post on pravda from there.

#9 852369

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24479 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:26 PM

Maybe I shoud post it for Yankthis, the tiger and stuff as he still believes I was never in China and it is impossible to post on pravda from there.

That man is idiot don't send him nothing but rope that he can hang himself.

#10 Guest_Aqua_*

Guest_Aqua_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:45 PM

That man is idiot don't send him nothing but rope that he can hang himself.

Telly too reckoned he hurted his back while replaying to your posts or maybe it was just the swine flue injection taking its tolls.

I'm not sure about his exact whereabouts, but definitely disappeared from here for the time being. It is hot here in Australia and he was struggling with it as far I could see. I remember he was sending me few times back to the hell to Switzerland in the heat in one of those moments...

#11 852369

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24479 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:49 PM

Telly2's reckoned he hurted his back while replaying to your posts or maybe it was just the swine flue injection taking its tolls :Devilsmile:

I'm not sure about his exact whereabouts, but definitely disappeared from here for the time being. It is hot here in Australia and he was struggling with it as far I could see. I remember he was sending me few times back to Switzerland in the heat.
in one of those moments

great sense of humor aqua:scrollhah:scrollhah:scrollhah
Telly poor Telly he broke my heart announcing his departures.........very sad indeed I hope he is not with crocodiles in northern territories.

#12 Guest_Aqua_*

Guest_Aqua_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:35 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 852369

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24479 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:37 AM

vauuuuuuuu aqua what a brilliant photos...........they are literally moving mountains around.

#14 Guest_Aqua_*

Guest_Aqua_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 12:46 AM

Shanghai Maglev Train

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Shanghai Maglev Train
上海磁浮示范运营线Posted ImageInfoLocaleShanghaiTransit typeMagLevNumber of lines1Number of stations2OperationBegan operationJanuary 1, 2004Operator(s)Shanghai Maglev Transportation Development Co., Ltd.TechnicalSystem length30.5 km (19.0 mi)Posted Image Posted Image
Maglev train coming out of the Pudong International Airport in Shanghai

Posted Image Posted Image
Plan Overview Of Shanghai Maglev Route

Longyang Road maglev station

Speed indicator shown in each car

The Shanghai Maglev Train or Shanghai Transrapid (simplified Chinese: 上海磁浮示范运营线; traditional Chinese: 上海磁浮示范運營線; pinyin: Sh?nghǎi C?f? Sh?f?n Y?ny?ng Xi?n; literally "Shanghai Magnetic Levitation Demonstration Operation Line") is a magnetic levitation train (maglev) line near Shanghai, China. It is notable for being the first commercial high-speed maglev line in the world—during a test run on November 12, 2003, a Maglev vehicle achieved a Chinese record speed of 501 km/h (311 mph). The journey was designed to connect Shanghai Pudong International Airport quickly to the outskirts of central Shanghai where passengers could interchange or their final desinations in the city centre. Construction of the line began in March 2001 and public service commenced on January 1, 2004.
The train set and tracks were manufactured using the German-originated Transrapid technology. Two commercial maglev systems had predated the Shanghai system—the Birmingham Maglev in the United Kingdom and the Berlin M-Bahn—both were low-speed operations and had closed before the opening of the Shanghai Maglev Train.

http://en.wikipedia....ai_Maglev_Train

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Guest_Aqua_*

Guest_Aqua_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

[edit] Operation

Shanghai Maglev driver in the train cabin

Shanghai Maglev VIP cabin interior

The line is operated by Shanghai Maglev Transportation Development Co., Ltd. As of May 2008[update], the line operates daily from 6:45 AM to 9:30 PM, with services every 15-20 minutes. A one-way ticket costs ?50 (US$7.27), or ?40 ($5.81) for those passengers holding a receipt or proof of an airline ticket purchase. A round-trip return ticket costs ?80 ($11.63) and VIP tickets cost double the standard fare.
Following the opening, overall maglev train ridership levels were at 20% of capacity.[2] The levels were attributed to limited operating hours, the short length of the line, high ticket prices and that it "virtually goes nowhere", terminating at Longyang Road in Pudong another 20 min by subway from the city center.[3]
Daytime hours06:45–08:4509:00–10:4511:00–12:4513:00–16:4517:00–21:40Journey time (minutes)8:107:208:107:208:10Maximum speed301 km/h (187 mph)431 km/h (268 mph)301 km/h (187 mph)431 km/h (268 mph)301 km/h (187 mph)Average speed224 km/h (139 mph)251 km/h (156 mph)224 km/h (139 mph)251 km/h (156 mph)224 km/h (139 mph)Interval15 minutes15 minutes15 minutes15 minutes20 minutes
[edit] Construction

The Shanghai Transrapid project took ?10 billion (US$1.33bn) and two and a half years to complete. The line is 30.5 km (19.0 mi) track and has a further separate track leading to a maintenance facility.
[edit] Extensions

Main article: Shanghai-Hangzhou Maglev Train
In January 2006, the Shanghai-Hangzhou Maglev Train extension project was proposed by the Shanghai Urban Planning Administrative Bureau. The extension would continue the existing line towards Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport, running via Shanghai South Railway Station and the Expo 2010 site, with a possible continuation towards Hangzhou. If built, the extension would allow transferring between the two airports—located 55 km (34 mi) apart—in approximately 15 minutes.
The plan for the extension to Hangzhou was first approved by the central government in February 2006, with a planned date of completion in time for 2010. Work was suspended in 2008, owing to public protests over radiation fears.[4] According to China Daily, as reported on People's Daily Online February 27, 2009, the Shanghai municipal government is considering building the maglev line underground to allay the public's fear of electromagnetic pollution, and the final decision on the maglev line has to be approved by the National Development and Reform commission.
[edit] Incidents

On August 11, 2006, a Maglev train compartment caught fire at 2:40 PM, after having left Pudong International Airport in the direction of Pudong Longyang Road Station. There were no injuries aboard. Preliminary reports indicated that an electrical problem may have been the cause.

#16 852369

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24479 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:02 AM

Posted Image
Shanghai Maglev driver in the train cabin

Posted Image
Shanghai Maglev VIP cabin interior

very nice bravo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users