932 replies to this topic

#21 Adrian

Adrian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1895 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 04:19 PM

Originally posted by Soddem

> first regarding banned posters who issue death threats. FAIR ENOUGH, you should also have informed the police.

Ha ha ha...if I didn't already had enough to do :P

> other reasons I would feel require banning are giving out personal details of posters, attempting to hack posters e.t.c
Agree.

>anything else is power tripping :D , as i said many a time sergio who i hate, and bushtapo who i love, should BOTH be just left to play there silly games. however much they annoyed people
>You have to admit, their posts always had several replies so they were fullfilling some function. The sandpit idea reminds me just tooo much of nursery school and does not befit the news forum of one of Russias national papers

You have a good point here, but the sandpit idea, was not just a idea that popped into my head, my the best compromise I could come in mind, of people that think he should be banned, and people that liked him to stay here. Keyword in this case was : COMPROMISE to make as many people as possible pleased.

> ok maybe have a swear word auto bot or somthing, but then we will get into the problems with whats a swear word in one country is not in another, you know what I mean.

I have never touched swearwords, and dont intend to. Though, there have been few cases where the swearing went in a violent way (tear off peoples head and give the head to pigs) where I edited in a post.

> spammers soon get bored, can be put on ignore, and people do get tired of cloning :) speaking of which, still awaiting results of negotiations !
:D :D :D I hope you understand why I havent had time and energy for negotiations last time. I'll return tlater (some days) though.

> keep up the good work :cool:
Thanx

> p.s forgot, editing posts or polls is absolutely sacrilidge in my books

I have never ever touched a poll, and I dont even understand why it is possible. It should be completely impossible to do so, cause it serves no purpose, beside feeding more myths.

#22 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 05:24 PM

All in all, I think you (Adrian) do a good job. no real complaints. ;)

#23 nitemere

nitemere

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3986 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 05:50 PM

Originally posted by nitemere
this almost sounded like Hogunaut in the old forum the reason why he posted off subject remarks about me in this new PRAVDA forum and the old PRAVDA forum. sure being a moderator has the responsibilities but when a moderator agree with the bully that makes off subject remarks about a persons mental attitude which is caused in my case by the stress of driving a semi-truck and being stalked by people i personally named in these PRAVDA forums which i also tried to get federal assistance to press charges against these perps but of course i'm glad adrian doesn't drive truck for i living because he would probably make a 4 inch pancake out of a suv full of screaming children.

now i quit reading hogmans posts but i did read a few i found he attacked other peoples beliefs like he attack me in the personal fashion because of being BORED at work so i hope adrian doesn't use the same principals of being bored in his judgments on this forum.

this statement still stays untouched i'm glad especially when i write about a safety margin that limits adrain ability to judge other posters but i feel that he still goes along with the bullies of this forum. i remember a poster who loved to get 100 posts in the old pravda forum because the topic he suggested wes controversial to bad this poster is not around.

#24 USC

USC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23433 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 05:50 PM

how'bout the limits? ImperialPig spam the page.

#25 Adrian

Adrian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1895 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 06:11 PM

Originally posted by USC
how'bout the limits? ImperialPig spam the page.

Hi USC,
Take a look here - 4th last posting on the page.
Unlike Sergio and Bushtapo, ImperialistSwine posted something different from thread to thread, and most of the time a discussion grew out of it, that gave kinda sense.

A good idea for the future migth be to make a limit of new threads that people can initiate on a daily or weekly level.

PS. The comparison of his thread was old. Dunno how they are today though.

#26 Adrian

Adrian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1895 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 06:16 PM

Originally posted by nitemere
this statement still stays untouched i'm glad especially when i write about a safety margin that limits adrain ability to judge other posters but i feel that he still goes along with the bullies of this forum. i remember a poster who loved to get 100 posts in the old pravda forum because the topic he suggested wes controversial to bad this poster is not around.

Hi Nitemere.
I am really sorry now, but I don't quite understand what you mean or ask me about.
The case between you and Hugonaut is solved, and I would even say in a way, that both of you can live with. What's the problem???

Regards,
Adrian

#27 Adrian

Adrian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1895 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 06:26 PM

All you guys do hopefully know, that ALL posters can edit in their OWN postings, with the edit function. When they do that, there apears an edit mark in the post. It have NOTHING AT ALL to do with moderators have edited anything.
And even more....Posters can also DELETE their own postings, when they enter the edit function. It's in the top of the edit window.
And, as written inside the edit-delete window, if a user delete the first post in a thread, the whole thread will be erased!

Ha, there is also a limit on the size of a posting in here. There is no space for this, inside the main post.

#28 ZionistInfidel1

ZionistInfidel1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 07:01 PM

Your silly thread only proves you take your silly job seriously. Censoring anyones' words is criminal, inexcusable, and extreme. Nobody can be hurt by the words of a forum, for gosh sake. Quit taking yourself so seriously, you're really just a joke. If this forum disappeared tomorrow, one thousand more would spring up to take it's place. This is making me sleepy, actually. I think I'll go clean something, I suddenly feel dirty, from communicating with a commie. Gag or ban that, you self absorbed twit.

#29 Phalliccymbal

Phalliccymbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 07:57 PM

Adrian,

I read your post, but not all the others. I have to go to work soon and wanted to tell you that I think you're doing fine.

It's suprising from an American perspective of how Russia and the Soviet Union used to be, that Pravda has perhaps one of the most uncensored forums on the internet. This would seem to some to be an oxymoron.

I hope that you can join in this forum of free thinking people more often than you are now. No doubt as Plesk says is due to your moderator duties.

For what it's worth, I didn't ask how you got this job, nor do I really care. I'm sure Demitry had his reasons.

Stick with it, Adrian. I'm sure as time goes by, it will become more routine. allowing you more free time on the forum to enjoy.

Keep up the good work!

Phal

#30 nitemere

nitemere

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3986 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 08:18 PM

IN THIS POINT DOFINSONG I AGREE WITH YOU. DON'T LET THE WORD GET OUT!!!! PLEASE!!!!

#31 Indrid Cole

Indrid Cole

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 08:27 PM

dolphinsong:

Thanks for showing up to support your friend. I'm sure he appreciates it.

Those of us whose posts were deleted by him on the old forum for no reason other than his American fascism however are less impressed.

And your post reminds me of another convenient feature of this new format.

You are now on my ignore list.

Have a nice day. :)

#32 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2003 - 09:48 PM

Adrian,

I'm getting worried about you. I think this forum is stressing you out. Take the moderator hat off for awhile and join us in discussion. I miss your threads and viewpoints - why is that?
:D :D :D

#33 nitemere

nitemere

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3986 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:07 PM

i agree with you plsek adrian needs to cool it and not let this responsibility go to his head.

#34 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:15 PM

nitemere,

I never said it was going to his head, just stressing him out :)

#35 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2559 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:26 PM

If its stressing him out its because he's new at it...give the man a chance to get good at what he does,or will do,to gain some experience at dealing with the position...he's walked into a buzzsaw here....

#36 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:29 PM

kelly,

Understood, I certainly wouldn't want to be in his shoes. Personally, I think he's been doing a pretty good job already. Just would like to see him enjoying himself a little :)

#37 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:37 PM

He never edited one of my posts, he asked me to, I did without discussion, (prior to his asking), but while he had already "stepped in" between Chorny, USC and myself.

My post was similar ( an edited cut and paste) to what one of them had posted, with a few word susbstitutions.

#38 Adrian

Adrian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1895 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:41 PM

Originally posted by Plsek
I think this forum is stressing you out. Take the moderator hat off for awhile and join us in discussion. I miss your threads and viewpoints - why is that?
:D :D :D

Yes...I'll relax and do more fun things from now on :)

Thanks for everybodys contributions.

My idea with the big opening posting, was actually more to inform (there are really many unanswered questions about moderating as well as technical features (See PS about editing, I think on page 2) that creates confusion and speculations) about whats going on, and not (so much, but ok, maybe a little bit after all :P) about whining.

Habib! Thanks for being an inspiration, and I've done the same as you.

Nigth everybody,
A

#39 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2559 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:41 PM

Right,P...I didn't mean to imply anything about you...I meant "let's all just give him a chance "...

#40 Adrian

Adrian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1895 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:44 PM

Originally posted by American Guy
He never edited one of my posts, he asked me to, I did without discussion, (prior to his asking), but while he had already "stepped in" between Chorny, USC and myself.

My post was similar ( an edited cut and paste) to what one of them had posted, with a few word susbstitutions.

Thanx AG. I can also confirm that AG edited his own stuff without any discussions or complains. All went just smooth. That was what I mean with "peacenegotiations".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru