• Please log in to reply
932 replies to this topic

#641 Dr. Arthur Ide

Dr. Arthur Ide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 10:07 AM

Atheris, you ask me to back up my statistics about the declining American literacy. I am delighted to do it.

America's literacy is noted in the US Department of Defense publication THE STARS AND STRIPES (Thursday, July 28, 1988, page 9): "3 of 4 Americans flunk geography test; Over half couldn't find Britain, France on a Map," and also see my WRITING PLAIN ENGLISH II (Tangelwuld Press, 2003).

As for Lincoln, et al., see MYTHS IN AMERICAN HISTORY (ABC Press, 1996). On the slavery issue, it is in his PROCLAMATION OF EMANCIPATION, where he frees slaves in areas in open revolt against the Union. Also see LINCOLN THE MYTH OF EMANCIPATION (Basic Books, 1999).

If you want more, of course I will supply them most happily. I will ferret through my library and add them tomorrow.

#642 Dr. Arthur Ide

Dr. Arthur Ide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 10:10 AM

vikingamerican, I am gratefulfor your warning: "Indrid find his time wasted by many individuals.

He got to see one side of a conversation. Such is the life of an individual who wears blinders going into any conversation.

However, I see that you have engaged him to the point that he thinks his time isn't wasted by discussing issues with you. As you are the first (in my opinion) to accomplish this, I offer my congratulations. Be careful though, as discourse with an individual who believes himself above most discourse..... could be a two edged sword regarding the results."

It is a pleasure to accept the challenge. While I question the sincerity of Indrid's conduct of inquiry, it is an opportunity to put aside mythology in all fields. The only other person of true acumen and intellectual curiosity that I do respect is the venerable Antharis.

#643 Dr. Arthur Ide

Dr. Arthur Ide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 10:15 AM

Originally posted by vikingamerican
What is amazing about Joe is that he has the time to expound upon such minutia (have you seen his site?....... he must be retired or disabled). He tries to play himself up as an intellectual on his and others websites (while discounting others opinions or positions with a plethera of opinions regarding where the others are wrong). He also tries to pass himself off as above the fray regarding personal attacks and then points others foibles out because they choose to either engage him (of which he may or may not like how he is being engaged) or because they ignore him (as I have chosen to do) of which he claims that the person is weak for not engaging him. And last but not least, he shoots both Barrels by identifying what he considers as public domain pictures of a member and mocking him.... all the while saying he is free to do so and that has legal standing to do so (while not identifying what laws he is using that "protect" him). The fact that he spends much time in trying to identify any Internet user who disagrees with him in any way and then when he finds "cause" to publish any info gleaned from "public" sources is very disconcerting, as he feels he has the right to say anything he wants, even at the expense of one's privacy. He wants us to play by his rules. What he doesn't realize is that he is not an Administrator or Moderator at this forum. And his comments are always with the goal of discrediting those who are. He has already proven that no matter what we say to him, he will disagree with what we state. So when we are in a one sided conversation with a banned member, what incentive do we have to converse with the individual who disdains our very existence and disagrees with everything we say as he thinks we are unqualified to be doing what we are tasked with doing.

He is dangerous as he is not a prankster (he does this out in the open), and is operating from a self serving "righteous" position. For example (in my opinion), he is like a person who would kill an abortion physician because he feels that his position is morally justified. Joe will hurt someone by his actions, intended or otherwise. It's just a matter of time.

Best to steer clear of him. As he has no one's interest at heart save his own.

It is difficult for me to understand why any mortal would even consider that killing a person will in anyway silence the thought or practice. You write, "He is dangerous as he is not a prankster (he does this out in the open), and is operating from a self serving "righteous" position. For example (in my opinion), he is like a person who would kill an abortion physician because he feels that his position is morally justified. Joe will hurt someone by his actions, intended or otherwise. It's just a matter of time." The insanity of killing an abortion provider is real. I am surprised he hasn't attacked me for my book: ABORTION HANDBOOK: Abortion Practice, Theology, Psychology, and Law. But then, the book is only in its 3rd edition--so it is no threat.

Abortion is a woman's right. It is a fetus. It is not a living human mortal--it is a choice, not a child. But then Joe probably doesn't understand the medical aspects of fetal generation and cell division.

#644 Atheris

Atheris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 08:55 PM

Dr Ide...

Thanks for the info. I would like to see some raw data, but that might be asking a bit much.

Maybe I'm in denial, but I sure have a hard time believing Americans are that ignorant. We both know that surveys are often misleading. Results depend on sample sizes, where the surveys were conducted, how the questions were asked, age group, etc.

IMO...It's the responsibility of every parent to ensure their children can find Afganistan on a map.

I'd be curious to know how many European children can find Wisconsin on a map.

Regarding the slavery issue: I have a solid understanding of that aspect of our history. I'm writing a book entitled "Of Children and Race" that is a parental guide of sorts on how to teach young children to appreciate different cultures, and better understand racial equality. I address the slavery issue in the beginning of the book. The book will also contain a removable plastic card children can carry - How to See in Color.

On the subject of your books...I really like your footnote style. It's great to have reference sources so readily available.

#645 Jet Li

Jet Li

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 10:41 PM

With all due respect, Wisconsin is not a separate state like Aghanistan. And that is coming from an author of the books... You can appreciate my "I rest my case" on the discussion of american ignorance.

#646 Atheris

Atheris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 03:14 AM

Jet...

You missed the point.

First...Man you bombed on that post. Did you mean to say Wisconson is not a seperate COUNTRY like Afganistan?

I think you slipped on that one, so I'll not slam your intellect.

Which brings me to the meaning of my statement:

The US is a big country. It covers a big chunk of North America, and is easy to locate on a map. Many foreign countries are much smaller, mixed in among other countries, thus more difficult to locate on a map. Wisconsin is a relatively small state, bordered by other states, and in this context, analogous to a small country.

Get it?

#647 YUGO

YUGO

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 10:20 AM

"Concrete dildo?
YUGO"

Yes Stren...a "concrete dildo".....the sexual aide your lover has dominated.

""Joe is and was NO loss to this board.""

I agree...as most of the forumers here are mildly retarded.

"" If you think he is intellectualy"'

Could you explain this please..?

""ask yourself why someone of such alleged intellectual prowess feels it necessary to constantly post dictionary definitions....."

Probably so dills won't try and escape the accepted and typical usage of certain words.

"As for the "gay marriage" thing, my wife thought it was very funny. I'm sure Captain America's wife/girlfriend/whatever got a kick out of it too."

Laughter reveals truth.

"EDIT: In an ATTEMPT to put this stupidity to rest, I'm staying the hell away from Joe and his weirdness. As fun as flaming on message boards can be, I had no idea this guy was as crazy as he is. Now it is just weird and creepy and I want no part of it.
That goes for you too YUGO."

Joe wants you to face up to your homosexuality and nationalism...aren't you at least glad that he cares..?

#648 YUGO

YUGO

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 10:27 AM

"I got a kick out of the "gay" thing too. Joe...er...Yugo is the one who is obviously smitten with either you or me or both of us. I just assumed that since Yugo and Joe were male names they were obviously gay."

Don't forget which one of us is "donning" the underpants chump...LOL

"Not that there's anything wrong with that."

It might not be wrong for the practioner...but to suggest that all people are really bisexual and repressed by society is my major problem....oh, and a sore arse...LOLOL.

"I merely requested that they bark up another tree. I am not interested in their advances in this forum"

I thought all gay men wanted multiple lovers..?

#649 Jet Li

Jet Li

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 11:04 AM

To a dude from Wisconsin, I am not an american but I do speak english (not fluently though, but still),
do you speak any other foreign language or you are a real american?

get my point?!

#650 Dr. Arthur Ide

Dr. Arthur Ide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 11:20 AM

YUGO, you are very bright on numerous issues, and so totally off on homosexuality. You write, "I thought all gay men wanted multiple lovers..?" My cousin is gay. He has been with his mate for 45 years. They don't cheat. They don't want multiple partners. That is an old-wives tale, or one encouraged in media and film. The worse possible source is the sitcom Queer As Folk, which has indoctrinated the gay bar culture--but straights--such as you and me--also have multiple partners--my best friend seduces a different woman each night. Is that good?

#651 Dr. Arthur Ide

Dr. Arthur Ide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 11:23 AM

Jet Li, thank you for the wonderful thread, in which you wrote, "To a dude from Wisconsin, I am not an american but I do speak english (not fluently though, but still), do you speak any other foreign language or you are a real american?"

I am an (old) American. When I went to school we were required to learn languages (I mastered Latin by the 9th grade). Not so any more. Jingoism and the wrong idea that America is best has destroyed the worldview that many held in my generation. Most Americans are illiterate not only in foreign languages, foreign culture, foreign history--it is like the stupidity of saying the Europe and Asia, etc. have never helped the USA in times of crisis, or blames France as betraying America as if France were an American puppet like the UN. I speak, read, and write far more languages than the average American, for which I am referred to by many as odd. My Arabic has been a staple, as is my Danish, German, Russian, French, and Spanish. But then, you are more of a true American than those who blast you. Hang in there. The world needs more mortals like you.

#652 YUGO

YUGO

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 12:29 PM

The insanity of killing an abortion provider is real. I am surprised he [Joe] hasn't attacked me for my book: ABORTION HANDBOOK: Abortion Practice, Theology, Psychology, and Law. But then, the book is only in its 3rd edition--so it is no threat.

Abortion is a woman's right. It is a fetus. It is not a living human mortal--it is a choice, not a child. But then Joe probably doesn't understand the medical aspects of fetal generation and cell division.

Now folks, I'll just append here one of my previously-posted essays dealing specifically and only with the subject of Abortion:

I am not personally against abortion per se.

In fact, I strongly believe that no child of fornication, adultery, incest, forcible rape, or horrible and incurable defects or diseases, should be brought into this world to inescapably face a life of physical, mental and/or spiritual suffering.

However, I consider the abortion of fetuses as means of "retroactive birth-control," "family planning," "figure preservation," or any other such "reasons of choice or convenience" for married women who've been impregnated by their own husbands, as nothing short of GENOCIDAL MURDER, being that the killing of any human, of any age, prior to his or her becoming a parent, destroys not only that one person and his or her one spirit, but every potential spirit-bearing offspring and descent from him or her.

Out of the total number of humans who become artificially aborted after just the next phase following the still-lifeless "Embryonic," which is the "Zygotic," only a tiny fraction are killed "mercifully" for any of the reasons that I stated in the first paragraph, while the bulk are destroyed for reasons that I stated in the second paragraph of this message.

When does Life begin? Simply and provably, at the first division of the single-celled Embryo. At any time prior to so becoming a Zygote, neither the Ova, nor any of the Spermatozoa, nor the Embyos, are possessed of Life. This is proven conclusively by the fact that any of the pre-Zygotic entities can be solidly frozen at ultra-low temperatures for indefinite periods of time, but then thawed and reactivated without harm, whereas any of the entities from Zygotes forward cannot even be left at low room-temperatures for short periods without suffering permanent and irreversible death.

With all of that said by me, and hopefully considered by you, I now direct you to a dynamic counter, that keeps track of how many abortions have been performed on American girls and women just since January 22, 1973 - the date of the "Roe v Wade" Decision by the Supreme Court of the United States. If you are like me in spirit, you will also weep upon seeing those numbers; each "tick" representing a single spirit-bearing human being, but not his or her potential blood-line toward the end generation in this life:

{url]http://www.teenshelter.org/abortioncount.htm[/url]
POR FAVOR?

Dr. Arthur Frederic Ide has serious, personal issues* against my works. And also, he had become forced to pre-concede a debate with me on the subject of Cosmology. Therefore he had come down on the sides of Adrian, Plsek and VikingAmerican on the issue of banning me from Pravdaboard (discussed farther back in the same thread), while simultaneously reneging on his twice-stated promises to join and debate me at my own board; The Full Truth Forum.

*[He is Jewish by birth and atheistic by choice. He strongly supports and defends the Theory of Evolution. He is 57 years old and still childless after many attempts to sire an heir. Prior to and until he had deeply studied my information on the subject, he was zealously pro-Zionist, but has just recently become even more zealously anti-Zionist.]

So, it is crystal clear that the good doctor is perfectly content to remain separated from me while he simultaneously plagiarizes my ideas and attempts to discredit my credibility.
===========================

YUGO SPEAKING....as Joe has been banned I've added this response to Dr Ide.
Dr Ide, you're welcome to tackle Joe at his forum, you won't be banned for disagreement and the thread won't be interupted.

#653 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2003 - 12:32 PM

Strelnikov,

>>"I've already had to put an e-mail block on Joe to stop him spamming..."

Joe spamming you too? I'm not suprised. The guy just refuses to let things go...:rolleyes:

#654 YUGO

YUGO

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 12:34 PM

"Grow up, YUGO, nobody wants to play in your sandbox anymore. andI suppose I'll have to ignore you too since you won't shut the hell up and let it go. Goodbye!"

You were content to try and **** up our threads.
Enjoy lots of unprotected sex with Captain Underpants.

#655 Jet Li

Jet Li

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 01:56 PM

Thank you for your message, Dr. Arthur Ide!

America is a great country b/s there are people such as yourself, who openly say why it is not so great any more.

#656 Guest_CaptainAmerica_*

Guest_CaptainAmerica_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2003 - 02:56 PM

Dr. Ide writes..... "my best friend seduces a different woman each night. Is that good?"

I wish I was your best friend. My wife threatens to "cut me off" now and again. I always tell her, "First, you have to find out where I'm getting it."

A word to the wise Doc... don't wade in waist deep swamp water unless you don't mind having a leech or two on your nutsack. Once you open dialog with Yugo (Joe), you have waded waist deep. It may already be too late.
:(

#657 Dr. Arthur Ide

Dr. Arthur Ide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 04:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by YUGO
[B]The insanity of killing an abortion provider is real. I am surprised he [Joe] hasn't attacked me for my book: ABORTION HANDBOOK: Abortion Practice, Theology, Psychology, and Law. But then, the book is only in its 3rd edition--so it is no threat.

Now folks, I'll just append here one of my previously-posted essays dealing specifically and only with the subject of Abortion:

I am not personally against abortion per se.

In fact, I strongly believe that no child of fornication, adultery, incest, forcible rape, or horrible and incurable defects or diseases, should be brought into this world to inescapably face a life of physical, mental and/or spiritual suffering.

However, I consider the abortion of fetuses as means of "retroactive birth-control," "family planning," "figure preservation," or any other such "reasons of choice or convenience" for married women who've been impregnated by their own husbands, as nothing short of GENOCIDAL MURDER, being that the killing of any human, of any age, prior to his or her becoming a parent, destroys not only that one person and his or her one spirit, but every potential spirit-bearing offspring and descent from him or her.

Out of the total number of humans who become artificially aborted after just the next phase following the still-lifeless "Embryonic," which is the "Zygotic," only a tiny fraction are killed "mercifully" for any of the reasons that I stated in the first paragraph, while the bulk are destroyed for reasons that I stated in the second paragraph of this message.

When does Life begin? Simply and provably, at the first division of the single-celled Embryo. At any time prior to so becoming a Zygote, neither the Ova, nor any of the Spermatozoa, nor the Embyos, are possessed of Life. This is proven conclusively by the fact that any of the pre-Zygotic entities can be solidly frozen at ultra-low temperatures for indefinite periods of time, but then thawed and reactivated without harm, whereas any of the entities from Zygotes forward cannot even be left at low room-temperatures for short periods without suffering permanent and irreversible death.

With all of that said by me, and hopefully considered by you, I now direct you to a dynamic counter, that keeps track of how many abortions have been performed on American girls and women just since January 22, 1973 - the date of the "Roe v Wade" Decision by the Supreme Court of the United States. If you are like me in spirit, you will also weep upon seeing those numbers; each "tick" representing a single spirit-bearing human being, but not his or her potential blood-line toward the end generation in this life:

{url]http://www.teenshelter.org/abortioncount.htm[/url]
POR FAVOR?
Who is writing, "Dr. Arthur Frederic Ide has serious, personal issues* against my works. And also, he had become forced to pre-concede a debate with me on the subject of Cosmology. Therefore he had come down on the sides of Adrian, Plsek and VikingAmerican on the issue of banning me from Pravdaboard (discussed farther back in the same thread), while simultaneously reneging on his twice-stated promises to join and debate me at my own board; The Full Truth Forum. " I have never rejected the debate. I just haven't found the time to do so. I have four young daughters, and they deserve my attention.

*[He is Jewish by birth [NOT TRUE. I was baptized into the Lutheran faith. I am an ordained Protestant minister.] and atheistic by choice [NOPE, again]. He strongly supports and defends the Theory of Evolution. He is 57 years old [that is CORRECT] and still childless [NOPE] after many attempts [LOVE IT] to sire an heir [I HAVE HEIRESSES]. Prior to and until he had deeply studied my information on the subject, he was zealously pro-Zionist [NEVER. WHAT ABSOLUTE NONSENSE. I HAVE NEVER BEEN PRO-ZIONIST. THAT IS ABSURD.], but has just recently become even more zealously anti-Zionist.] I have always been anti-Zionist. Where is this nonsense originating.

Someone -- most likely Joe--wrote (I hope it is not you Yugo), "So, it is crystal clear that the good doctor is perfectly content to remain separated from me while he simultaneously plagiarizes my ideas and attempts to discredit my credibility." [WHAT ABSOLUTE PARANOID NONSENSE. I do not need to steal or plagiarize any person's work.] Get a grip MAN!!

Yugo wrote, "YUGO SPEAKING....as Joe has been banned I've added this response to Dr Ide. Dr Ide, you're welcome to tackle Joe at his forum, you won't be banned for disagreement and the thread won't be interupted. "

I have never made the decision to censor or ban anyone. And, I have four daughters, so I doubt I am childless. Where is this nonsense coming from? Please keep my sex life out of it. My wife thinks its funny. I find it insulting.

#658 Atheris

Atheris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 04:17 PM

Jet...

I guess you didn't get it...but that's OK.

And I'm not from Wisconsin. I'll not explain again why I chose that state to illustrate my point.

What does linguistic ability have to do with our exchange. I'll answer that, for I fear you will not be able to...Nothing.

Think before you post.

#659 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2003 - 04:24 PM

"President Werewolf
President
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:09 pm
Post subject: Notice of Resignation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hearby resign from my PrezBoxing Administrator's position.

Chief Techno, please un-administratorize and de-commission me.

If anyone is looking for me, I can be found at my 3 Stooges Forum.

I thank you all, especially all the little people out there in PrezBoxing land. Without you, none of this would have been - sniff - possible.

President Werewolf AKA The Railroad Bum"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting developments....................

When you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

#660 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2003 - 04:35 PM

That is the tactic Joe makes, to drag ones personal (or perceived personal) life into the picture to try to muddy up the dialouge.

He is his own worst enemy as you and he share an ideology that is similiar (that isn't meant as an insult, but there are certain beliefs you share... you just come to different conclusions)....... yet he tries to destroy the discourse by bringing personal attacks into the discussion. Thus making it personal, he immediately tries to get the other to start acting defensively so he can go for the jugular (thus convincing himself of his superiority and this prompts him to escalate from there). The final result is 2 people with similiar ideologies taking separate paths regarding discourse. The final result is that nothing gets accomplished between the 2 of you, yet in this case, you appear to be the intellectual and he appears as the child to the other gathered membership.

This has been an interesting give and take as Joe went down the path I knew he would, but you have pleasantly surprised me with the excellent description regarding your positions. You are very eloquent in dialouge and even though we disagree on quite a few issues, I don't view you as wrong and am not questioning my positions at the same time as there are certain truths regarding each individuals ideology and beliefs.... and that is that 2 people conversing can be both right (in their minds) and still respect the others presentation of their perceived facts.

I must say, this has been a pleasure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru