932 replies to this topic

#61 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 01:39 AM

Adrian...

Would you call this thread spam? Should it be deleted?

#62 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 02:26 AM

troll comments I am sure

#63 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2003 - 02:52 AM

was the bloody work of the cartoonist Zhun...among other communist...whom lied and say they believe in free speech!

LOL........Thanks Adrian...for the proof!

#64 baltoga

baltoga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3626 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 05:15 PM

Here in Pravda land there is much mud slinging. This mud slinging at times gets personal requiring moderator review.

However, one should remember that when you mud wrestle with a pig, everyone gets dirty, but the pig enjoys it.

#65 RRBum

RRBum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 03:33 PM

I was only half kidding when I said that I wanted to take over the moderator's position here.

This forum does have the potential to be an extremely interesting worldwide input of ideas. However, there are far too many intellectually vacuous and humorless and disruptive posts that reduce the atmosphere to a mean and purile level.

Besides that, there are the repetitious cut-and-pastes where self-appointed instructors take it upon themselves to give forth what amounts to reading assignments.

Some of these trolls appear to be working here full-time, apparently on different shifts.

Since this forum is moderated, I feel that the moderator is not doing a good job (Sorry Mr Adrian, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em).

If I were moderator, I would delete the valueless and vulgar and repetitious and boring and disruptive posts, and this would in no way be based upon whether I agreed or disagreed with the author.

Yours,

The Railroad Bum

#66 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2003 - 04:07 PM

Damn, this place really is full of trolls.

I had no idea the world was so full of such clowns like these little gay boys .

I suppose thats why RRBum is leaving.

This place needs a troll monitor for the likes of these worthless little pieces of crap.

I have been to Bums forum, it is better than this place.

I have never seen so many trolls in my life as this place has.

Adrian should do something about these little pests.

#67 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:06 PM

Originally posted by zxb
"What I do not understand is why those bitching about the tit for tat threads take part in them?"

Because it's fun. :)

"There are threads of interest that drop into the beyond while juvenile threads remain active"

You can always examine more than the first page of the main forum. Look at the second and third pages too.

Welcome to troll city

#68 wali

wali

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7667 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 10:32 PM

must be the sixth trhead that AG spamed that onto

#69 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 10:38 PM

Yes. Strange really. :confused:

#70 Adrian

Adrian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1895 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 10:41 PM

He got a new chance, but was just trahing forum once again.

Cutiepie

Moses

Rusky

#71 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2003 - 06:27 PM

I would like to reiterate what I said about Adrian in a thread I started yesterday. I think he's doing a wonderful job and he better damn well get some support from you people!

Agreed!!!

Far better than that American putz we had to put up with on the old forum with all his bragging and power/control games. So many perfectly innocent political news articles that I posted on the old forum were first ridiculed by his brother, then deleted in toto, that I couldn't begin to count them. Dmitry and Justin always claimed they had no knowledge of who might be deleting my postings, so the culprit was readily apparent.

Nothing could be further from the truth. I explained in detail the purges in the old forum. You'll notice that RRBum's, Atossa's, Kilnato's posts stayed up at all times (except when the admin's purged the forum for space issues). I also had my posts and threads deleted by Dmitry and other admins (remember when I posted my VFC forum link/url on Pravda's forum, that my VIKINGAMERICAN ID became banned because I was "advertising my forum on pravda's forum) and I had to start using "VA". Your agenda appears to be personal against me. My actions were well known to the editors at Pravda. I can only assume that is why I was again made a moderator here.

I have been watching this forum since even before Atossa showed up here, back when it was me and Leech and Madam and a few others, and the goofball American nearly ruined it. Thank god Pravda got some sense and put Adrian in charge.

Adrian is not in charge, he shares the responsibility for the moderation of this forum with Zhurnalist and I. Only, Adrian has taken an active role in the moderation by spending a lot of time on this endeavor. If you are as well versed in this forum as you say you are, you would know that Zhurnalist and I share no love for each other. However, we respect the others role regarding moderation and are being professional about it. Regarding your accusation of my almost ruining the forum, I am moderating here also and the forum is not ruined. I am doing nothing different here other than not having to worry about personal attacks anymore (and having to delete the same). I notice your threads / posts are not disappearing here. Had I a personal agenda against you as you state I did in the old forum, this wouldn't change. I have no idea as to what your perceived "beef" comes from other than you have an "axe" to grind. I hope that in the future, that you get off my back (as I am here to stay) and instead contribute to the discourse in the forum.

And Odd, I really like your perspective and your mind. Give Adrian a chance: he's far superior to the sick American he has replaced.

I find ODD to be rather strange. He has a unique perspective and is well thought out in many of his arguments (except when they involve moderation and those who would try to moderate). I suspect he doesn't take well to those he perceives to be in authority. He is unlike most Norwegians I know, as he tends to attack those who are his fellow scandinavians (I am Norwegian and Adrian is Danish). However, to each their own. He can say whatever he wants. He should just allow us (the Moderators) to defend our actions and our perceptions also as we are people too with our own thoughts and perceptions. To limit ourselves to just moderating without adding to the discourse is to be unfunded lapdogs of Pravda.

I agree with giving Adrian a chance. We all have a job that is about as thankless as it can get.

d0lfins0ng, thank you very much in trying to clarify with Indrid Cole your perception and indicating what is the real story. Your friendship knows no bounds and is appreciated immensily. MWU

#72 Guest_Viking396_*

Guest_Viking396_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2003 - 11:39 PM

So many perfectly innocent political news articles that I posted on the old forum were first ridiculed by his brother, then deleted in toto, that I couldn't begin to count them.

Indrid,

I never spoke to you in the other forum, nor did I comment on any postings of yours. As for innocent maybe the forum owners didn't think they were so innocent?

Dmitry and Justin always claimed they had no knowledge of who might be deleting my postings, so the culprit was readily apparent.

What you say cannot be proven so it's easy to say, isn't it. I had plenty of threads and posts get deleted, everybody involved said they didn't delete them, yet I know VA didn't either, so it isn't obvious who did, unless of course, you did, did you? Don't answer, I know you didn't, but I can easily blame you just like you blame with nothing to back it up.

#73 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2003 - 03:29 AM

I suggest you explain the Banning of GENIE....FIRST!

I don't like country Clubs of a political nature......I don't like pompass moderators either!

The VA or the two va's plus idiot Zurn had GENIE Banned....Now who was it!

#74 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2003 - 04:03 AM

I didn't ban you (and didn't know you were banned). As the member count is getting large, I don't have time to track all member ID's as to whether or not they were banned.

You forget, the admins of the forums can ban also (besides Zhurn, myself, or Adrian).

If Adrian (who lists who he bans) and I (who hasn't banned anyone yet) didn't ban you, then there is only Zhurnalist or the Admins. If you want a straight answer, contact Dmitry.

You and I have never stomped on one another (until your assertion just now implying my involvement). May I suggest you adjust your radar. ;)

#75 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2003 - 04:25 AM

Look VA....I was asking a Question,it had to be several or one as you mentioned,yet Adrian mentioned the Zhurn as a mod (news to me)? maybe he or Dimitry pulled the ban!?

I hate dishonesty......in that the Zhurn has said he had no power to ban anyone!

I will not get into a raging discussion over the past attrocites of the dotRU on the Genie...but I think I should receive some explaination from the Mod elites!

You might know damn well who banned Genie....U have my e-mail...and the Cowards need to stand up and admit this gross injustice of 13 times!

Genie's radar........might provide a lesson..pal!

#76 SmallMind

SmallMind

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 10:21 PM

They let school out early again?

And about the posts getting deleted in the old forum, that was common, not a fault of the admins, the program was junk and crashed often and the database got reindexed and reloaded and lost a bunch of stuff all the time. I woudnt use that thing to look after the nukes :) if you did not want an accident.

This forum is also experiencing hickups. Messages got deleted the last few days. Due to batabase problems as well. Not as bad as the old forums but it is getting there. All these long cut/paste is casuing problems. 4 people posting the same story is another problems.

#77 twosongs

twosongs

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 05:41 AM

vikingamerican,
I believe Genie is going on about his being banned (how many times was it Genie?) in the old forum. It's one of his favourite gripes.

Genie,
Read a posting of zhurnalist. It says moderator under his name, just like it does under vikingamerican. Some things are too simple...

#78 SmallMind

SmallMind

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 02:59 AM

When I logged on this morning I saw 6 posts attacking a single poster. Just 1 liners and when I reported it, was told it was not spam. Although I fail to understand what function calling someone an as$hole had in a forum when the topic was just plane hate and baiting.

Guess it is time to get a few people! Since it seems it is now okay to bait and trap others as long as explict direct immediate death threats are not made.

Thanks for clearing a lot of things up.

#79 Adrian

Adrian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1895 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 02:02 AM

For his usual type of postings

#80 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2003 - 12:27 AM

My hats off to Adrian......I think he has played his authority as fair...so far!

Adrian is finally a moderator who will focus on the real problem (spam) posters.

Keep up the good work.

TS's.....the Zhurn stated many a time...he did not have the Genie banned...yet ,I know he did and should come clean...btw the zurn was a administrator at the old forum and stated he had no power to ban anyone!!!???? This is a new forum........is Ingrid Cole a new Moderator too!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru