Photo

Adrian

• Please log in to reply
932 replies to this topic

#881 Guest_Viking396_*

Guest_Viking396_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2003 - 11:56 PM

"Odd - It's always nice to see two brothers agreeing so amiably and consistently. Covering up for each other. "

You jealous or something? We often agree, and when we don't well, we don't, we can agree to disagree, unlike you. Get off your high horse, you and HyukHyuk can be brothers, you both speak as if you were twins.

"Surely you are not that formal addressing your brother, deputy commander?"

Surely, you can't be this stupid? Maybe you still play 10 year old army games....

"The admins regrettably don't give this first-rate forum much attention, least of all monitoring moderator performance."

If the admin's don't give this place much attention it doesn't rate as "first rate". If it does to you, you're easily impressed. Or just another brown noser.

#882 Odd

Odd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 07:58 AM

Unfortunately you share the same trait as your senior sibling: a minuscule sense of humour.

Now, the only rational explanation why VA can run loose on this forum stalking fellow members is that the admins don't give a ***king damn about it.

VA can't separate the two roles of being a moderator and a standard poster. As a poster he invariably goes into attack mode
against a target until it's time for him to exercize moderator power to finish off the prey.

Keywords: invariably, attack mode, target, finish off.

Have a pleasant day :)

:cool:

#883 Guest_Viking396_*

Guest_Viking396_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2003 - 03:12 PM

Odd,

I don't answer to you, this is just a forum where believe it or not, if you don't like or can't handle it, are free to leave and find someplace that caters to the whims of children who don't like it when others don't play like you do.

VA is running around because he can, he doesn't stalk anybody. It's his job to be everywhere on here. Maybe you don't understand what a moderator is? Could be I guess....

The admins have told him they like the job he's doing, so I guess people like you will just have to deal with it, or find someplace else, nobody forces you to stay here. You're like a typical lefty who wants to shut down a radio station because you don't like the subject matter, hey guess what, change the friggin channel!

Now you'll retort which I'm sure will be lacking in wit, actual substance or anything worth reading so I say unlike my brother who does respond to whatever you write, this will be my last response to you, unless it is in the form of debate on an actual issue. Or if you want to discuss how beautiful Norway is, I could talk about that.

Bruddah,

Happy Fathers Day! Answer yer voice mail.... :D

#884 Jet Li

Jet Li

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 06:20 PM

Give peace a chance and forum a break :o)))

#885 Odd

Odd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 06:38 PM

Funny you should suggest I should leave because I'm voicing criticicm about a moderator's poor performance.

All opinions are allowed on this forum. And since I think this is a good forum that has deteriorated under VA's regime it is a worthwhile task to try to restore it to its pre-VA mod. standard.

#886 lynn

lynn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3472 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 03:44 AM

"VA can't separate the two roles of being a moderator and a standard poster. As a poster he invariably goes into attack mode
against a target until it's time for him to exercize moderator power to finish off the prey."

Hej Odd!
Yeah.....Take them in....break 'em down....spit 'em out....
(but....some just don't break all that easy)......
;)

#887 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2003 - 02:45 PM

Please inform the Pravda Public as to who have been banned (taking into account your theories that I use my ability to moderate by banning my foes).

I am waiting.

Cluthu, Oracle, Indrid Cole were banned regarding their efforts at getting nasty (thinking that they can get away with saying anything). Name any other member who has been banned by me after confronting me (with said using of Gestapo tactics).

You are very loose with the facts and your interpretation of my history regarding interacting with other members is laughable.

#888 Odd

Odd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 03:06 PM

Until all records of forum moderation are disclosed there is no way to quantify your share.

Too many smokescreens have been layed;

"I don't know, it wasn't me, perhaps the admins did it" and so forth.

Hint for moderation: get after those whining posters who hit the 'complaint button' repeatedly for any perceived slightness.

Any misuse of said button by cry-babies should be severely reprimanded.

#889 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2003 - 03:45 PM

are not shared. The Moderators are able to distinguish between those who are or aren't sending us legitimate complaints. Your "hints" regarding how we should moderate are self serving. You have no idea what we receive regarding what is sent via the "complaint button". Furthermore, trying to silence those who have issues here in this forum (slights or not) is disconcerting to me.

As to your assertions as to smokescreens, it is almost impossible to go back and forth with you as you are never satisfied with any answer. If you know everything, then why bother to comment if you aren't going to accept what is said by anyone in authority. You don't have the bigger picture in your little hut on the Fjord. Why bother to complain of something you are in no position to do something about or able to confirm? You are not in a position to sit in judgement either.

Your attempts at speaking as if you know all of the answers here and then not accepting anything stated is disingenuous. And your opinion that anyone who complains with a "perceived slightness" is a "whining poster" is incredulous to me (you apparently think that some members are complaining of perceived slightness.... and I would love to hear where you are getting said information since I have not seen such an effort).

I tire of your little game. I am no longer playing. Post away as if you know everything. I am content to know different.

For a man of your age, you have much to learn.

#890 Guest_Viking396_*

Guest_Viking396_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2003 - 01:14 AM

"lynn - Yeah.....Take them in....break 'em down....spit 'em out...."

Really..... arguing a point end-lessly is breaken 'em down an spittin 'em out 'eh?

"(but....some just don't break all that easy)......"

And some don't break period...
:cool:

#891 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2003 - 02:20 AM

as it is a lightningrod for the have-nots.

#892 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2003 - 02:24 AM

I spent it working:rolleyes:

#893 twosongs

twosongs

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 04:48 AM

I can understand how the Pravda admins might like the job VA is doing as moderator. He certainly gets the blood boiling, and Pravda seems to welcome confrontation. In that regard, VA is the best moderator so far... Still, if moderators post, they should have some tag saying they are posting as common posters or moderators. It's kinda hard to take VA at his words when he talks about how such and such should cease, then turns around and takes potshots at fellow posters.

Pravda should really reconsider it's decision to make VA a moderator. Give the job to someone less confrontational and less prone to argument.

#894 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2003 - 04:52 AM

and please note the definition you are using for said "pot shots".

If you want action, email the admins. Your post in this thread is self serving. I have only responded to you in defense of you telling me what I can or cannot post.

Pot Shots? Look in a mirror when you use said definition.

#895 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 04:57 AM

Hey, guys,

Sorry. I know I'm a newbie, and have no right to post my thoughts, but .................. since you asked.

I enjoyed Pravda when it was THE newspaper of the Soviet Union (okay, I only have one copy, and it's from 1978, and I can't read russian, and there's only one picture of the USA ........... but still).

I'm impressed with this 21st Century version. All around, you guys hold your own with the best (you know, CNN, FOX, CBC, BBC, etc.)

A marvelous job. Now, you can't please all the people all the time, etc., etc., etc. You keep pluggin' away. Your job will always be underestimated --- tis the nature of the beast. For you to be doing your job properly, you must remain invisible - behind the lines as it were.

Keep up the good work. Plesk has reprimanded me once already, and rightfully so. I was being belligerant and crude. Doesn't mean I won't make the same mistake again, but I know Plesk will be on my case again as well.

My respects, Plesk.

#896 lynn

lynn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3472 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 04:58 AM

"And some don't break period...":cool:

Yes sirree 396!:)

#897 twosongs

twosongs

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 05:00 AM

Most recently, starting a thread against CHORNYVOLK. and guess what the difference between me and you is, VA. I'm a common poster. You are a MODERATOR. If you still cannot see the difference, you really need to be removed from your position.

I never told you what you can and cannot post, I have questioned that moderators be allowed to start arguments on the forum and bait posters. Moderators, since they are supposed to uphold the rules, should adhere to the rules first. You want to be a moderator, you should act like a moderator, not some poster slinging mud. Resign if you want to behave that way.

#898 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 05:04 AM

Lynn,

I like your avatar (still feels funny using that word to mean icon). What does "Yes sirree 396" mean?

And where is the Evergreen State (excuse my ignorance, I'm usually pretty good with those, but I can't remember which one is called evergreen)

#899 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 05:06 AM

I knew it, Washington!!

#900 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 05:07 AM

Shoulda guessed by the time zone implicaton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru