Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Problems With Guitar Multi Effects Processor ..

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Martin Timothy

Martin Timothy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

I practice best when playing thru headphones, and use a Korg Pandora PX5D Multi Effects Processor.

index-thumbnail2.jpg

With an electric guitar it provides only a barely adequate level of volume to the headphones, unless heavily distorted preset programs are selected. With an electric acoustic guitar and an acoustic with a sound hole pickup, the level of volume is entirely inadequate, similarly unless heavily distorted presets are selected.

Thus playing an acoustic twelve string with a Seymour Duncan sound hole pickup thru the PX5D, with Preset 33 Acoustic there is absolutely no amplification, despite both volume controls are set to maximum!

I would appreciate any advice :)

Edited by Martin Timothy, 24 March 2014 - 03:10 AM.

#2 JamesTQuirk

JamesTQuirk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:38 AM

It's a DSP (Digital Signal Processor), not a Amp ? Needs a small Amp inline maybe, or headphones are drawing too much power is another possibility, but I think it's a AMP ..

From website Features list ....

Place Pandora inline between your guitar and amp, or connect to your amp's effect loop

You can carry anywhere, edit Audio, but to use it effects in your guitar playing, u need a amp .. Only a little one with headphones ...

One of My old Amiga 2000's had a DSP Board, took a full bay slot, now it's a single chip ..... Progress

Edited by JamesTQuirk, 27 March 2014 - 04:41 AM.

#3 Martin Timothy

Martin Timothy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

Progress

Thanks for the reply JTQ

aabbefe285c4.png

The Korg Pandoras have a setting for either low output pickups as per an acoustic or electric acoustic guitar, or high output pickups on an electric guitar .. their manuals are quite explicit about it all and explain how to adjust for tone and ambiance, when I carried out those same instructions the problem disappeared.. maybe if I had read the manual first we could have saved a lot of trouble! :D

PANDORA_PX3.jpg

Edited by Martin Timothy, 28 March 2014 - 08:31 PM.

#4 Shilka

Shilka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20852 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

Or get yourself a cheap small laptop or netbook and run AVLinux on it. It's got its own guitar fx processing suite. You can even install the OS on a small USB dongle and load it to system RAM instead of running it from the local harddisk.

http://www.bandshed.net/AVLinux.html

Edited by Shilka, 28 March 2014 - 09:11 AM.

#5 Martin Timothy

Martin Timothy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

map.gif

The blue Pandora PX3 I used for a long time pictured above, was drowned when torrential rain went thru the window of my miners cabin in Gove in Northern Australia, it never dried out properly and was completely unusable, I obtained the metallic tone Pandora PX5D as a replacement.

When the probs with the acoustic pickup arose, I checked the PX3 which had dried out by then to see it it would work, when it did not I started sending messages across the i'net declaiming both models .. there could be a lesson in it all, I dunno about that either!

The guitar pictured above looks, sounds and plays like a dream it cost 75$ on EBay icon_smile.gif

map.jpg

Edited by Martin Timothy, 29 March 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#6 Magoo

Magoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3770 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:50 AM

This little amp might help
Slide the pix to the left fit more views, tap to zoom in close to read controls.

http://www.sweetwate...CFSIR7AodJywAog

Edited by T-Koga, 16 April 2015 - 07:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Pravda.Ru