• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Colombo

Colombo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1094 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:11 AM

Hollywood bad girl, Lindsay Lohan, made her London stage debut as secretary, Karen, in David Mamet's play, Speed-The-Plough.  The event inspired stuffy British theater critics to indulge in a disgusting display of colonialist xenophobia, shamelessly bullying the actress with their cheap tabloid cynicism, simply because she is a Hollywood film actress who dared to tread their precious West End boards.  Pravda isn't mentioning it but here's the BBC's take on the subject:

http://www.bbc.com/n...t-arts-29456386

I don't know Lindsay Lohan, but I have been both a live stage performer and a reporter in the UK.  I defend the right of those journalists to earn their crusts by watching the rich, famous and powerful and reflecting those people to us through their eyes.  But I can see in the BBC's photos that Lohan is creating a character on that London stage, and that's all anyone can expect of her, yet she gets little credit for that.  The ravenous hyenas of what once was Fleet Street, are dragging out their haughty arts writers in a last ditch effort to find something to save their failing industry.  And the best these bigoted socialites can offer is to pan an American actress just because she's from Hollywood.  Could the newspaper industry get any more irrelevant?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lindsay Lohan, David Mammet, Broadway, Theatre, West End, Hollywood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Pravda.Ru