25 replies to this topic

#1 Missouri Mule

Missouri Mule

Boogiein' along. . .

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 03:43 PM

Sand storms, high temperatures, oil filled trenches and WMD missiles being moved within distance of troops. Thanks a whole bunch France!!

#2 stakhanov's cat

stakhanov's cat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 03:53 PM

Not France's fault, Imp. Rumsfeld's European tour was what started the debacle. He should have stayed at home and just got on with the job in hand. The Bush administration should just stay away from international diplomacy. They are a complete disaster.

Either go to war or stay home and fix the economy. Nothing else really matters right now. Certainly not the UN anymore.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2003 - 04:07 PM

Swine,

You have to put at least part of the blame on our administration. They have not done a good job at selling this war. I also agree with stakhanov's cat, they are a complete disaster when it comes to international diplomacy. I'm not for this war, but I think with different people in charge, perhaps they could have done a better job at getting our allies on board.

#4 MirrorMan

MirrorMan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8418 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 04:27 PM

ImperalistSwine

...WMD missiles being moved within distance of troops.

Quote from Radio Rumsfeld?

What's next? Iraqi forces have opened fire on U.S. forces. U.S. is responding by firing Tomahawk missiles. U.S. troops on their way to Baghdad?

Well, if the Iraqis really have moved WMD to positions known to the U.S., then why aren't the inspectors sent over there?

#5 chisinau

chisinau

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 04:35 PM

ImperalistSwine oil filled trenches :D :D :D

#6 gonzo

gonzo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14844 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 04:35 PM

from which ever side of the fence you are standing, it is hard on the nerves. The last few days i really cut down on the news that i have been watching or reading. In my spare time i am doing other things to take my mind off politics and pending war.
Take a deep breath swine, take your puppy for a long walk.

#7 xexon

xexon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5013 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 06:35 PM

I think all the politicians who have had a hand in this mess, need to be run out of office and barred from public service forever.

Tar and feathers have also occured to me.

x

#8 xexon

xexon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5013 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 06:35 PM

I think all the politicians who have had a hand in this mess, need to be run out of office and barred from public service forever.

Tar and feathers have also occured to me.

x

#9 Missouri Mule

Missouri Mule

Boogiein' along. . .

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 07:17 PM

It's a real mess. Both Carter and Clinton are mouthing off and this makes it all the worse. Those two bozos are really behind this to begin with.

MirrorMan: The moving of those missiles is all over the news. Turn on the TV.

#10 Missouri Mule

Missouri Mule

Boogiein' along. . .

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 07:18 PM

Plsek: "Alpha Female" I like that.

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2003 - 07:24 PM

Swine,

Thanks, I've been acused of that from time to time :)

Anyways, I agree this is a real mess. A political disaster to say the least. The Bush adim has not made a good case to the UN. Anti-Americanism is in full swing. It doesn't look like we will be able to win over any more support for this war. We can go it alone (without UN approval), but this endeavor will be extremely costly. Don't look for much money coming out of the "coalition of the willing" to help to finance the war and reconstruction phase. We would pretty much have to absorb the multi-billions it would take to do this thing. The game is over Swine, now how do we get out of this gracefully?

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2003 - 07:55 PM

EagleOne,

If we went ahead with this without UN support, how do you see the post-war situation? Would we get any help in reconstructing Iraq? Don't you think we would need help with peacekeeping efforts?

#13 Missouri Mule

Missouri Mule

Boogiein' along. . .

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 08:28 PM

I may be pollyannish about this but I think the infrastructure is pretty solid in Iraq. As it appears, we will actually be paying the current civil servants, police forces and even the remaining military to keep order in the country. It won't be anything like Afghanistan, IMHO.

What I am concerned with is the mess that is likely to happen with the firing of all of those oil wells. (Some 700 are supposedly wired and ready to blow). That is going to cause a horrendous ecological disaster of immense proportions. And it will take many months to put them out. That also has a very detrimental effect on the oil wells for future use. Just a complete disaster.

If there is any one lesson to this mess it is that we made a terrible mistake to go to the U.N. If we determined that Iraq was a military necessity, we should simply have gone ahead like Clinton did in Kosovo. Saddam wouldn't have had all this time to prepare and obfuscate. Evidently he has decided to go down to his death.

#14 MirrorMan

MirrorMan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8418 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 10:19 PM

ImperalistSwine

Sure, and the moon is made out of green cheese.

#15 uglybastard

uglybastard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:43 AM

All of the troops got into place just a week or two ago so there's not been much waiting.

They are moving a bunch of troops in throug Turkey even though the parliment said no. I don't know what that's about.

#16 MirrorMan

MirrorMan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8418 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:45 PM

[URL][/URL]

#17 CHORNYVOLK

CHORNYVOLK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22452 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 11:41 PM

Originally posted by Missouri Mule
Sand storms, high temperatures, oil filled trenches and WMD missiles being moved within distance of troops. Thanks a whole bunch France!!

WMD ? where who found them? :D :D :D lolololololololol

#18 KoWT

KoWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8238 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:19 AM

Originally posted by stakhanov's cat
Not France's fault, Imp. Rumsfeld's European tour was what started the debacle. He should have stayed at home and just got on with the job in hand. The Bush administration should just stay away from international diplomacy. They are a complete disaster.

Either go to war or stay home and fix the economy. Nothing else really matters right now. Certainly not the UN anymore.

Mr Cat oughta be put on the payroll as an advisor to the Bush league
:D

#19 Strong Bad

Strong Bad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:54 AM

ImperalistSwine

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure, and the moon is made out of green cheese.

perfect example of the effectiveness of the media hype pervading 'murka at the time, still?

#20 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:02 AM

Those WMD missiles were so subtle not even our targeted troops new they were used. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru