• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Higgins

Higgins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:30 PM

The more I read, the more I learn, the more I think that eating meat is unsafe, unethical and that the meat industry is highly corrupted.

Most animals are caged, force fed, exploited, beaten, tortured, during their short existence. Footages fimed in many slaughterhouses have demonstrated that there is nothing but cruaulty towards animals, and there is no "humane" way to dispatch an animal.

Beside, cattle farming is one of the highest polluter. Not only concentrated slury in the ground affect the quality of the water table , but the methane from cow farming is the main cause of global warming.

Cow farming is more toxic for the ozone layer than cars emission or the air travel industry!!

Eating red meat is accepted to be one of the causes of colon cancer.

Also, the pharmaceutical industry revealed that 60% of antibiotics produced are injected to farm animals to boost their weight. No wonder antibiotics have become less efficient on humans!

So, shouldn't we all become vegetarian ?

#2 Shura

Shura

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 25707 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:28 PM

The more I read, the more I learn, the more I think that eating meat is unsafe, unethical and that the meat industry is highly corrupted.

Most animals are caged, force fed, exploited, beaten, tortured, during their short existence. Footages fimed in many slaughterhouses have demonstrated that there is nothing but cruaulty towards animals, and there is no "humane" way to dispatch an animal.

Beside, cattle farming is one of the highest polluter. Not only concentrated slury in the ground affect the quality of the water table , but the methane from cow farming is the main cause of global warming.

Cow farming is more toxic for the ozone layer than cars emission or the air travel industry!!

Eating red meat is accepted to be one of the causes of colon cancer.

Also, the pharmaceutical industry revealed that 60% of antibiotics produced are injected to farm animals to boost their weight. No wonder antibiotics have become less efficient on humans!

So, shouldn't we all become vegetarian ?

I see no problem with that. Millions of people in this world do quite well without eating meat. The only time I use meat is when I cook my beloved borshch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Pravda.Ru