Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20207 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:22 PM

Hero of Russian Special Forces Killed in Syria Operation

© Sputnik/ Mikhail Voskresenskiy
Middle East
00:10 25.03.2016 (updated 08:15 25.03.2016)Get short URL

A Russian Special forces officer has died a hero in Syria during a target-designation mission near the city of Palmyra, a spokesman for the Russian military contingent at the Hmeymim air base told reporters on Thursday.

The officer's name, rank and the date of the accident remain undisclosed.

1036904772.png

According to the spokesman, "the officer carried out a mission in Tadmor near Palmyra for a week, spotting crucial ISIL facilities and providing precise coordinates for Russian airstrikes," as reported by RIA Novosti.

The spokesman stated that the soldier had been located and was surrounded by terrorists — and chose to draw their fire on himself.

"He died as a hero," the spokesman said.

The presence of Russian special forces, conducting target designation missions, was earlier confirmed by Colonel General Aleksandr Dvornikov, a deputy commander of the Central Military District in Russia and chief of Russia's campaign in Syria.

"I won't deny that our Special Operations Forces (SOF) are deployed in Syria. They conduct ground reconnaissance of pre-selected targets for Russian warplanes, assist in targeting warplanes in remote areas and perform other tasks," the general said. "Take into account," he added, "that corresponding forces from the US and other members of the [US-led] coalition are performing similar missions in Syria."

Moscow has acknowledged the deaths of 5 Russian military servicemen in Syria. The first was Vadim Kostenko, 19, who allegedly committed suicide because of a romantic attachment. On November 24, bomber pilot Oleg Peshkov died after being attacked by a US-made Turkish Air Force fighter jet.

Alexander Pozynich, a marine who took part in Peshkov's rescue mission, was killed by terrorists. On February 3, an unnamed military counselor was reported killed in a mortar attack. Also killed in a bombardment was Sergey Chupov, a soldier with the Internal Troops of Russia.

According to reports, the Russian Air Force stationed at Hmeimim conducted 41 sorties around Palmyra, hitting 146 terrorist military objects, between March 20-23. Over 320 militants, 6 command centers, and a number of vehicles were reported eliminated. Syrian troops on Thursday entered the ancient city of Palmyra, which had been controlled by Daesh since May 2015. Clashes were ongoing in the city at last report.

#2 Shura

Shura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25707 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

MAY GOOD GOD BLESS HIS SOUL, HE GAVE HIS LIFE FOR OTHERS!

#3 wirehaired

wirehaired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14864 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:02 PM

I hope this hero took some of those savages down with him.

#4 Nemesis

Nemesis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20207 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:41 PM

I hope this hero took some of those savages down with him.

He did, he called a strike on himself and them.  He was a true hero, God bless his great soul and welcome him into heaven with the Saints that went before him.

#5 wirehaired

wirehaired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14864 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:39 PM

He did, he called a strike on himself and them.  He was a true hero, God bless his great soul and welcome him into heaven with the Saints that went before him.

His family must be looked after,he gave his life in a real cause not some Imperialist war.

#6 Nemesis

Nemesis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20207 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:38 AM

This is him

CefCh4lXIAAonuc.jpg

#7 USC

USC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25470 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:30 AM

Russian "tourists /observers /archeologists" in Syria ) RuAF TsSN / CCO near Palmyre

Cegn22-XEAAyaLL.jpg

Cefuf7qXEAA4zHx.jpg

#8 wirehaired

wirehaired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14864 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:07 PM

When this War is over the names of all the fallen Soldiers in the Battle to liberate Palmayra should have their names etched in a Granite Monument in the Town square.

#9 Mario Milano

Mario Milano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33236 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:47 PM

When this War is over the names of all the fallen Soldiers in the Battle to liberate Palmayra should have their names etched in a Granite Monument in the Town square.

Yeh apparently 110 Syrian Soldiers lost there lives fighting USA's ISIS rats to free Palmyra yesterday!

Edited by Mario Milano, 27 March 2016 - 03:48 PM.

#10 Mario Milano

Mario Milano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33236 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:06 PM

Field Commander of the Desert Falcons: "We Thank Putin for the Liberation of Palmyra"
Translated by Ollie Richardson for Fort Russ
27th March, 2016

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-03-27%2Bat%2B14.10.

The field commander of the Syrian "Desert Falcons" army brigade, in an interview with RT, commented on the joint government army operation for the liberation of the ancient city of Palmyra from the terrorists. He expressed gratitude to Vladimir Putin on behalf of the Syrian people and noted that while other countries have supported the terrorists, Russia assisted the residents and the army of Syria against the "Islamic State".

"Everything happened in several stages. Our army was able to surround and return Palmyra. The main difficulty was that the terrorists had left a lot of mines on the roads," he said. According to him, they have managed to clear some roads, but the work is still ongoing. He also emphasized that this victory would not have been possible without the support of Russia and President Vladimir Putin.

269ea1c61a75dd7b006ce63e6a989182a6254e98

"For this victory we thank President Putin, who helped our country and our army, unlike other countries that supported terrorists. We say a big thank you on behalf of our government and people, we respect and love the Russian people," said the field commander. The international lawyer Franklin Lamb thinks that the Syrian army and its allies will continue to move towards the city of Raqqa to fight the terrorists who fled there.

As a reminder, this morning the Syrian army and "Desert Falcons" recaptured the ancient city of Palmyra from the fighters of the "Islamic State", which was under their control for almost a year.

According to recent reports, the bomb squad of the Syrian Army has already begun to sweep the surviving buildings. Presumably, focal weak resistance from the terrorists continues in the area of the airfield, but the army and militias are in full control of the city.

The ancient ruins of Palmyra are one of the six world heritage sites of UNESCO in Syria. After the city was captured, its many monuments were under the threat of destruction. In particular, terrorists from ISIS destroyed the Balsamina and Bel temples. The extremists also blew up funeral columns and the triumphal arch, which was a symbol of Palmyra.

#11 wirehaired

wirehaired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14864 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:11 PM

Yeh apparently 110 Syrian Soldiers lost there lives fighting USA's ISIS rats to free Palmyra yesterday!

I can believe that,their families should get all the help they need,all those young guys that have turned up in Europe on their own from Syria,i wouldn't let them back into Syria when its over,good Men have given their lives fighting for their Country,thousands of them,the ones who ran away are not fit to breathe the same air.

#12 Nemesis

Nemesis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20207 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:25 PM

Russian Special Forces Commando last words transcript: PLEASE SHARE

Translated from Russian

Officer: command I am compromised, repeat I am compromised.

Command: please repeat and confirm

Officer: They have spotted me, there are shooting everywhere, i am pinned, request evacuation immediately

Command: evacuation request acknowledged

Officer: please hurry I am low on ammo, they seem to everywhere, I can't hold them for too long please hurry

Command: Confirmed, hold them off, continue return of fire, go to safe position, air support is monitoring,state coordinates

Officer: gives coordinates which are blurred in the translation

Command: command repeats coordinates which are blurred. Confirm

Officer: confirmed, please hurry I am low on ammo, they are surroundig me, bastards

Command: 12 minutes until evacuation, return to safe line, I repeat return to safe line

Officer: they are close, i am surrounded, this may be the end, tell my family i love them dearly

Command: return to green line, continue return of fire, help is on the way, followed by air support

Officer: negative, I am surrounded, they are so many of these bastards

Command: 10 minutes, return to green line

Officer: I can't they have surrounded me and are closing in, please hurry

Command: move to green line, repeat move to green line

Officer: they are outside, conduct the airstrike now please hurry, this is the end, tell my family i love them and i died fighting for my motherland.

Command: negative return to green line

Officer: i cant command, iam surrouded, they are outside, i dont want them to take me and parade me, conduct the airstrike, they will make a mockery of me and this uniform. I want to die with dignity and take all these bastards with me. please my last wish, conduct the airstrike, they will kill me either way.

Command: please confirm your request

Officer: they out outside, this is the end commander, thank you, tell my family and my country i love them. Tell them i was brave and i fought until i could no longer. Please take care of my family, avenge my death,good bye commander, tell my family I love them

Command: no responce, orders the airstrike

What a sad transcript of the recordings. Long live russia.

#13 Mario Milano

Mario Milano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33236 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:34 PM

Translated from Russian

Officer: They have spotted me, there are shooting everywhere, i am pinned, request evacuation immediately

Officer: please hurry I am low on ammo, they seem to everywhere, I can't hold them for too long please hurry

Command: Confirmed, hold them off, continue return of fire, go to safe position, air support is monitoring,state coordinates

Officer: confirmed, please hurry I am low on ammo, they are surroundig me, bastards

Command: 12 minutes until evacuation, return to safe line, I repeat return to safe line

Officer: they are close, i am surrounded, this may be the end, tell my family i love them dearly

Command: return to green line, continue return of fire, help is on the way, followed by air support

Officer: they are outside, conduct the airstrike now please hurry, this is the end, tell my family i love them and i died fighting for my motherland.

Officer: i cant command, iam surrouded, they are outside, i dont want them to take me and parade me, conduct the airstrike, they will make a mockery of me and this uniform. I want to die with dignity and take all these bastards with me. please my last wish, conduct the airstrike, they will kill me either way.

Officer: they out outside, this is the end commander, thank you, tell my family and my country i love them. Tell them i was brave and i fought until i could no longer. Please take care of my family, avenge my death,good bye commander, tell my family I love them

Wow,

Like Mataj said if this is what Russian troops are...the USA better already surrender and call off their NATO NAZI morons surrounding Russia, They will never ever be able to defeat Russia!

The morons in the Rainbow house are way too Faggoty Jew occupied to know even know what time of day it is!

Any wonder why Russia defeated all the Zio occupied western countries in Syria...and the whole Jew west lame stream media?

Seriously what Russia did in Syria was spectacular!

Edited by Mario Milano, 27 March 2016 - 06:35 PM.

#14 wirehaired

wirehaired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14864 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:23 PM

Cool and collected to the end,a real pro.

#15 ozzi

ozzi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:01 AM

Thank you for posting transcript of the dead commander.

I had tears in my eyes. 

I am sure his country will honor him and 

Syrians will love him for the sacrifice.

#16 Richard Parker

Richard Parker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:25 AM

Translated from Russian

Bravo! YESHUA Bless that Russian Hero. I'm sorry to say that my government has created, funded, supported and trained these Islamic miscreants. Fortunately, many of my people are starting to wake up to the lie that we live. President Putin is doing the right thing and you guys in Russia are taking the high road, while we in the States have taken the low road. Don't listen to the lies that come out of the US government or their lying state media.

Congrats on a job well done and keep it up!

Richard Parker
https://waitforthedo...l.wordpress.com

#17 Nemesis

Nemesis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20207 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:31 PM

Russian soldier who called airstrike on himself while surrounded by ISIS is hero

lw_.bn.jpg

John Wight has written for newspapers and websites across the world, including the Independent, Morning Star, Huffington Post, Counterpunch, London Progressive Journal, and Foreign Policy Journal. He is also a regular commentator on RT and BBC Radio. He wrote a memoir of the five years he spent in Hollywood, where he worked in the movie industry prior to becoming a full time activist and organizer with the US antiwar movement post-9/11. The book is titled Dreams That Die and is published by Zero Books. John is currently working on a book exploring the role of the West in the Arab Spring. You can follow him on Twitter @JohnWight1

Published time: 30 Mar, 2016 15:28

56fbde34c46188307d8b4590.jpg
Aleksandr Prochorenko © Facebook
I don’t know Aleksandr Prochorenko. I know nothing of his background or what his dreams and hopes were for the future. But I do know that he’s a hero who will never be forgotten, and that the cause for which he sacrificed his life is a righteous one.

The history of war and conflict is replete with examples of individual heroism and courage that serve to bring clarity to the momentous stakes involved in the outcome, and how they influence history and the fate of millions of human beings, up to and including generations as yet unborn.

The very nature of conflict dictates that the very best and very worst of humanity is revealed, and that the aims and objectives of either side engaged in a conflict determines whether it is the former or the latter which shines most. For example, does anyone really believe there was no difference between the soldiers of the Waffen SS who died in the brutal occupation of the Soviet Union during the Second World War, and the soldiers of the Red Army who perished in the epic struggle to defeat them? Or how about the countless thousands of Vietnamese who died while resisting the US invasion and occupation of their country in the 1960s and 70s?

56f53f3dc46188ac5a8b45b8.jpg

Danger close: Spotted by ISIS, Russian special forces officer called for fire on himself

When it comes to the conflict in Syria, Aleksandr Prochorenko will forever symbolize the courage of those who stood in defiance of the most barbaric and inhuman ideology the world has seen since the aforementioned Waffen SS were rampaging across the Soviet Union, murdering and slaughtering every living thing in their path in service to fascism.

The 25-year-old Russian was killed while on special operations in occupied Palmyra. In advance of the city’s liberation by the Syrian Arab Army and its allies on the ground, his role was to identify and pass on the coordinates of ISIS targets in the city for airstrikes. Consequently, his mission could not have been more dangerous. This was proved when his location was uncovered by ISIS terrorists and they began closing in on him. Realizing what was happening, and rather than allow himself to be captured, Aleksandr called in an airstrike on himself.

It is impossible to write about this young man and his courage without experiencing a massive sense of inadequacy. His death, the manner of it, is a sharp reminder that this is a brutal conflict being fought and won by young men determined to prevail no matter the odds. Their ability to do so, despite the horror and hardship, is due to the knowledge that they are fighting in the cause of humanity. It is a cause which Aleksandr Prochorenko shared with every other Russian servicemen on duty in Syria – along with the thousands of Syrian, Lebanese, Iranians, and Kurdish soldiers and volunteers. Despite seeing comrades, friends and family members killed and butchered over the past five years, they continue to fight and to risk all.

Compounding the enormity of Prochorenko’s courage are the revelations provided by former US Marine combat veteran, Gordon Duff, in a recent article. Comparing the effectiveness of Russia’s air campaign in Syria to its US counterpart, Duff writes: “What we saw in Syria was Russia set up a forward command in days at a small airstrip, move in 4 dozen aircraft, invite media to watch the whole thing, and begin combat operations with an air force that hadn’t flown against an enemy in over 25 years.”

He goes on: “We watched planes that cost nothing wipe out targets America had missed or overlooked or that, according to American pilots, they weren’t allowed to hit. American pilots can bomb, they have the experience, they have the equipment but for some reason, at least to each other and those they trust, they will tell you, against ISIS it has always been “hands off.”

“Not so for Russia.

“For day after day, Russian pilots hit command posts, training camps, wiped out convoys Americans claimed it didn’t see, ammunition storage and eventually the thousands and thousands of oil trucks American pilots had been begging to attack for months.”

Most tellingly, Duff informs us: “What isn’t reported is that the real Americans who fight wars admire their Russian counterparts and what they have done. American pilots wish they had been given the hot targets Russia destroyed instead of being forced to drop payloads of bombs on abandoned villages north of the Jordanian border as a Russian command report outlined in November 2015.

When I think of what makes American pilots angry, I think of Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina. Graham and his close friend, John McCain are good friends of “moderate Syrian rebels” which, just by accident, seems to include both ISIS and al Nusra.”

In just the few short months of Russia’s intervention in the Syrian conflict, which, it should never be forgotten, was embarked upon at huge risk given the number of countries involved, whether directly or indirectly, and the logistics and planning required, the world has been witness to the hypocrisy and double-dealing of Western governments and their allies in the region.

In this regard, Aleksandr Prochorenko gives lie to the myth that Russia’s part in the conflict has been a negative one. On the contrary, this young Russian serviceman joins the ranks of those whose very names are a testament to the power of the human spirit in defiance of injustice and tyranny.

We salute him.

#18 Nemesis

Nemesis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20207 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:35 PM

12670343_1543853362575158_46998381340169

Hero with his grandfather.

#19 shaktiman

shaktiman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11904 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:07 PM

To those warriors that truly believe in their cause as honorable and right, then heroism is not only an outcome but an automatic part of one's being.

There are such things that are dearer than life itself.

My condolences and best wishes to the families of these heros.

Edited by shaktiman, 30 March 2016 - 09:09 PM.

#20 Nemesis

Nemesis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20207 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:28 AM

Russian Hero Who Died Liberating Palmyra Is Dad-to-Be Alexander Prokhorenko

Russia
21:25 29.03.2016  

(updated 12:40 30.03.2016)

Get short URL

The Russian Special Forces officer who was killed during the operation to liberate Palmyra from the Daesh terrorist group has been named as 25-year-old Alexander Prokhorenko, who ordered air forces to strike his position after he was discovered by Daesh terrorists.

A Russian Special Forces Officer called the "Russian Rambo" by the international press for his act of heroism in Syria has been named as 25-year-old Alexander Prokhorenko. 

On March 24 a spokesman for the Russian military at the Hmeimim air base in Syria announced that a Russian officer had been killed by an airstrike after providing intelligence and coordinates for the Russian Air Force to attack Daesh targets in the region of Palmyra, in the Homs province of Syria.  

He ordered his comrades to carry out an air strike on his position after he was discovered and surrounded by Daesh terrorists while on an intelligence mission. 

Alexander Prokhorenko was from the village of Gorodki in the Orenburg region of Russia. He began training at the Army Air Defense Corps Military Academy straight after leaving school, and graduated the academy with honors. 

"There are a lot of soldiers in his family, and he always dreamed of serving in the armed forces," a friend of Alexander told the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper. 

Alexander's immediate family and wife Katya, who is expecting their first child, were informed about his death on March 19 by officials from the Ministry of Defense. 

They visited Gorodki and thanked Alexander's family for raising such a son. 

'Alexander Prokorenko, who called an airstrike on himself at Palmyra, has pregnant wife at home,' Komsomolskaya Pravda reported.

​"Nobody knew exactly where Sasha (Alexander) was serving, they said it was somewhere in the special forces," said Natalya Meshkova, headteacher of Gorodetskoy Middle School, which Alexander attended. 

"He graduated our school with a silver medal, he was first in all competitions and the school won them thanks to him. He was one of those people who was never afraid, regardless of the situation. For everybody, he is a hero." 

"We would like to name our school after him," said Nadezhda Rusinova, a teacher at the school. 

"It is a real act of bravery that we will tell our pupils about. After all, ordering an airstrike on yourself is something that not everybody would be able to do." 

On Sunday the Syrian army and allied popular defense forces announced they had completely liberated the ancient city of Palmyra and strategically important surrounding areas from Daesh terrorists, with the help of Syrian and Russian air forces. 

"In order to prevent airstrikes on Palmyra's historical monuments and civilian areas, air strikes were conducted according to the orders of Special Forces," explained Lieutenant General Sergey Kuralenko, head of the Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation on Monday. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2019 Pravda.Ru