'Dead Man Walking': US-India Project Could Revive Brain Dead Patients
A team of doctors from India and the US are working on an ambitious project to infuse life into those deemed brain dead. The Multi-Modality Approach to reverse brain death could be the path to a medical breakthrough.
As part of the project a US biotech company has been granted ethical permission to enroll 20 patients who have been declared clinically dead from traumatic brain injury. During the clinical trials scientists will use a combination of therapies to test whether parts of the patients nervous system can be brought back to life.
The first stage of the trial named First In Human Neuro-Regeneration and Neuro-Reanimation will be conducted at Anupam Hospital in Rudrapur, Uttarakhand in India.
This project is Multi-Modality Approach to reverse brain death. We are trying to reverse brain death in this project while treating patients with laser, with regular infusion of stem cells and stimulation along with biotic peptide. I am associated with this project as a principle investigator and the project will be done in Anupam Hospital. I own the hospital, it is situated in Rudrapur, Uttarakhand, Dr. Himanshu Bansal, Principal Investigator of the Indo-US Project told Sputnik in an exclusive interview.
Multi-Modality Approach or ReAnima Projects success will make it possible to regenerate the brain of dead people.
Dr Himanshu Bansal further added that, We have got some very encouraging results in patients in coma, persistent vegetative state. We have even offered the same protocol to a couple of brain dead subjects in Saudi Arabia as well as in Europe. We have been able to revert those brain dead subjects into a stage of consistent vegetative state as of now. So encouraged by those results, we are now trying to create a definitive study in 20 subjects and prove that the brain death is reversible. This will open the door for future research and show that all damage in the body is reversible if treated appropriately.
Dr Himanshu Bansal, Principal Investigator of the project and also owner of the Anupam Hospital, where first clinical trial will be conducted, is very enthusiastic about the project.
Since I had been working in India as well as Europe and the US for the last eight to ten years, we have a couple of collaborations in US. This project is being collaborated with a company called Bio Quark and their sister concern ReAnima. We are collaborating with the scientists of both the companies and we are trying to prove that brain death is reversible. At the moment the study will be done in India but in the future we will be doing the same study in Europe as well as in the US, Dr Bansal told Sputnik.
Plague Inc Evolved - Necroa Virus (Video game)
- Cytopathic Reanimation: Formation of complex neural structures enables re-animation of damaged cells and restoration of low level vitals. Turns the dead into zombies.
- Anaerobic Resuscitation: Infected brain cells switch to anaerobic respiration. Lactic acid buildup is lethal and destroys higher brain processes and personality.
- Enhanced Sensory Integration: Nutrient flow to occipital and temporal lobes increased causing enhanced sight and hearing. Increases severity.
- Enhanced Motor Control: Nutrient flow to parietal lobe increased, improving movement and coordination. Increases severity, particularly in urban environments.
- Hyperosmia: Thinning of nasal epithelium significantly increases zombie sense of smell. Increases severity.
- Temporal Lobe Manipulation: Zombies attracted to movement and will abandon victims once dead. Prey more likely to remain and become a zombie.
- Adrenal Surge: Mutation of the adrenal cortex causes adrenaline over-production. Increases alertness and aggression of zombies.
- Masticatory Tension: Masticatory muscles become engorged, allowing zombie to bite through thick clothing. Severity increased.
- Peptide Surge: Growth hormone production triggers extreme metabolism of fat to build muscle. Enhanced strength, increases severity.
- Cathemeral Shift: Stimulation of primary visual cortex improves vision in bright sunlight. Significantly increases severity.
- Lumbrical Hypertrophy: Significantly strengthens zombie grip making it nearly impossible for prey to break free. Severity significantly increased.
- Anabolic Boost: Surges of testosterone significantly increases muscle mass and weight of some zombies. Severity significantly increased.
- Acidic Reflux: Extreme laryngopharyngeal reflux causes acidic saliva. Increases severity and gives zombies combat advantage.
- Dermal Calcification: Mutations in the endocrine system cause parts of the skin to harden and calcify. Gives zombies combat advantage.
- Vampiric Hunger: Some zombies prefer to suck the blood from its prey rather then eat its flesh. Prey more likely to remain intact and become a zombie.
- Naja Mortis: Muscle growth around the submandibular duct lets some zombies projectile spit at prey. Increase severity and zombie combat advantage.
- Cranial Elephantitis: Adenoma triggers mutated growth hormones, which encourage bone growth in the skull. Gives zombies combat advantage.
- Autothysis: Explosive mix of hydrogen sulfide and methane collects inside zombie. Significantly increases severity and zombie combat advantage.
- Bone Dysplasia: Increased bone density provides enhanced protection against trauma. Gives zombie combat advantage.