Soheil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:10 AM

Plague Inc: Evolved

About this game

Plague Inc: Evolved is a unique mix of high strategy and terrifyingly realistic simulation. Your pathogen has just infected 'Patient Zero' - now you must bring about the end of human history by evolving a deadly, global Plague whilst adapting against everything humanity can do to defend itself.

Plague Inc. is so realistic that the Centers for Disease Control And Prevention (CDC) even asked the developer to come and speak about the infection models in the game! http://blogs.cdc.gov.../04/plague-inc/.

Over 65 million players have been infected by Plague Inc. already. Now, Plague Inc: Evolved combines the original critically acclaimed gameplay with significant, all-new features for PC including multiplayer, user-generated content support, improved graphics and lots more.

Full features list
  • 10 Different Disease Types Master every pathogen; from bacteria to bio-weapons and mind control to zombies, end humanity by any means possible different diseases will need radically different approaches.
  • 20 Unique Scenarios Adapt your strategy; scenarios create further challenges for your pandemic how will you handle a new strain of Swine Flu, or infect a world in Ice Age?
  • Hyper-Realistic World Strategize in the real world; advanced AI and use of real-world data and events make Plague Inc: Evolved a highly authentic simulation of a world-ending pathogen. Even the CDC likes it!
  • Competitive Multiplayer - The world is unlucky enough to be infected with two plagues, but how will you win the battle for genetic dominance against your opponent? Players get all new evolutions, abilities and genes to help them fight for global control and destroy their opponent!
  • Co-Operative Mode - Two different diseases team up to infect and destroy the world together but Humanity has new tricks up its sleeve to fight back! Work closely with your partner and use brand-new genes, traits and strategies to smash cure labs all over the world before they eradicate you.
  • Contagious Content Creator - Hit the lab and develop your own custom scenarios - creating new plague types, worlds and in-game events. Sophisticated tools support user-generated content to let players bring their deadliest ideas to life and share them on Steam Workshop. With over 10,000 custom scenarios already released - there is always something new to infect!
  • Blinding Graphics - Full 3D disease models take you closer to your plague than ever before, city-cams show humanity's struggle at street level, and the body scanner highlights the full effect of your mutations, organ by organ.
  • Deadly Data - Geek out with stats and graphs; monitor infection and death levels, track government reactions and cure efforts, then review your plague's success (or failure!) with full game replays.
  • And much more... - Including speed runs, Mega-Brutal difficulty and genetic modification... Plus loads of new disease types and scenarios in future (free!) updates.
ss_9a5c4d45543113ad9de9d9b928f6fadf1fa17

ss_936c4e4dee5b9ccb96a7817dc7dafc6d42261

ss_7feb2722dd1e712cb5af17356fcec7fa393a2

ss_d080a5d650a1f0bf51d9cde92daf34306b985

ss_c38767e72bd7bc9107589fdafbda3cd3d5cd6

ss_6f958376e0d245280bd9b36b553a876e5c7eb

ss_5b2811c9ca476e1ca489c5ac4ae879024eb0a

ss_3e8ad5f285c79a136ca9ae0b5114d550456db

http://store.steampo...1_7_7_151_150_1

#2 Soheil

Soheil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:11 AM

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Public Health Matters Blog

Posted on April 16, 2013 by Ali S. Khan

James Vaughan, founder of Ndemic Creations, spoke to CDC staff on March 20, 2013 about his new mobile app, Plague Inc. Within the game, players select a pathogen and strategize how to evolve symptoms, transmit the disease, and counter actions taken by world governments and scientists. With a successful disease, players can watch as governments fall and humanity is wiped out.

I became interested in Vaughans game as a tool to teach the public about outbreaks and disease transmission because of how it uses a non-traditional route to raise public awareness on epidemiology, disease transmission, and diseases/pandemic information. The game creates a compelling world that engages the public on serious public health topics.

For PHPR, using non-conventional methods to communicate with the public has worked really well in the past through social media and blogs posts. We were very excited to welcome James to CDC and learn more about using other digital platforms to reach a general audience.

CDC uses digital media to raise awareness on health issues that the nation faces today, says Katherine Lyon-Daniel, PhD, Associate Director of Communication at CDC. Meeting with industry leaders is a great way to learn more about reaching new audiences through mobile apps.

I sat down with Mr. Vaughan to learn more about the game, its creation, and what he plans to do next.

How did you come up with the idea of Plague Inc.?

I made Plague Inc. as a hobby. I was a strategy consultant in my day job, but I wanted to give myself a creative challenge in my spare time.

Plague Inc. is a bit like the film Contagion except that you are the disease! The 2008 flash game Pandemic 2 gave me the idea of spreading a disease around the world. I liked the game, but thought it could be even better if it had deeper strategy, a strong narrative, increased realism and a lot more. So I decided to make it!

How long did it take to develop Plague Inc.?

It took around a year to develop the game. I could only work on it in the evening and on weekends. Because I had never made a game before, it was very much a case of learning as I went. Luckily, I found three great freelancers who were able to help.

How did you ensure it was a realistic game?

Without a medical background, I did a lot of online research in order to make sure it felt realistic to players. Luckily, I have always been very interested in biology as well as economics and current affairs. This helped a lot when I was building the algorithms and models inside the game.

A critical stage in the game is the Infection Cycle that dictates how people become infected with a disease and how they infect others. The game revolves around this stage, and I spent months making sure that it worked properly. The core design is based on the concept of basic reproduction rate and I found lots of great papers online which taught me more about it.

What kind of audience does Plague Inc. reach and what do they get from it?

Plague Inc. has been downloaded over 10 million times worldwide and over 200 million games have been played to date. As an intelligent and sophisticated strategy game, I think Plague Inc. appeals to people looking for something more meaningful and substantial than the majority of mobile games. It makes people think about infectious disease in a new light helping them realize the threats that we face every day.

An interesting fact is that it has also become an educational tool teachers and professors often get in touch to let me know how they used Plague Inc. to illustrate biological and economical concepts to their students.

Were players of Plague Inc. interested to know you had been invited to the CDC?

Yes, the reaction to the news has been extremely positive and people are keen to know more! In the first 24 hours after I announced my visit to the CDC almost 1 million people had seen tweets about it!

I think people were excited to see that a prestigious organization like the CDC was interested in the game. A lot of people also hoped that visiting the CDC would give me ideas for future updates of the game (which it did!)

What did you learn at CDC?

It was fascinating to meet the people who are working hard every day to keep us safe from the type of threats that Plague Inc. features. I got a tour of the Emergency Operations Center and Broadcast Center, as well as a trip to the CDC museum. This gave me a lot of contextual information about how the CDC works, which will help me add a greater level of realism to the game in the future especially in terms of how humanity reacts to outbreaks.

What are you working on now and what do you have coming out next?

Plague Inc. is still proving to be an incredibly popular game, so my main focus must be to keep improving the game and adding new content for players. Recently, I released an update which added a zombie-themed plague, as well as translating the game into four other languages. In the next update, I will be adding a new game mode for players, translating it into Japanese/Korean and hopefully adding some CDC content!

http://blogs.cdc.gov.../04/plague-inc/

#3 Soheil

Soheil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:42 AM

Supreme Ruler Ultimate

About This Game

BattleGoat Studios is pleased to present Supreme Ruler Ultimate, the pinnacle of fourteen years of development on the Supreme Ruler series of Real Time Geo-Political Military Strategy Games for PC and Mac. Supreme Ruler Ultimate incorporates the stories, campaigns, scenarios, and features from our previous releases and expands on them in our improved game engine. Take control of any nation in the world from World War II through the Cold War and into the near future as our world lurches from one crisis to the next. Play historical or modern Campaigns with specific objectives, attempt one of the many Set-Piece Scenarios for a shorter game, or customize your game experience by picking any nation in the various era Sandboxes and choosing your own preferred Victory Condition. With so many options to choose from, Supreme Ruler Ultimate provides virtually unlimited replayability!
  • Play Historical or Futuristic Campaigns.
  • Take Control of any Nation in Sandbox Mode and impact the outcome of an era.
  • Challenge yourself with Historical Scenarios for a faster-paced gameplay experience.
  • The butterfly effect... Influence the timeline and outcome of thousands of historical events.
  • Use Diplomacy, Trade, Espionage, and Intimidation to influence the policies of other nations.
  • Guide your Nation through an era of unprecedented Scientific Advancement.
  • Modernize your economy to support your social and military policies.
  • Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces.
  • Detailed historically-accurate armies down to the Battalion level.
  • Choose your level of control. Make all decisions or use your Cabinet Ministers to help.
  • Battle the elements! Fully integrated weather model influences battlefield outcomes.
  • Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet (PC only)
ss_6c5bd904d4938d4b88cd80825fd04d802980a

ss_3fd1af2baf37140bf7c2f3a6a39103da32304

ss_ff77c6f2db7b7377f4b155a4d64fa5778faa1

ss_d17c6f3c1c9ecbc4c425151595448dade8d64

images.akamai.steamusercontent.com.jpg

images.akamai.steamusercontent.com4.jpg

images.akamai.steamusercontent.com3.jpg

images.akamai.steamusercontent.com2.jpg

images.akamai.steamusercontent.com1.jpg

http://store.steampo...com/app/314980/

#4 Soheil

Soheil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:24 AM

logoen.png

Stalin vs. Martians

Overview

Stalin vs. Martians is a parody real-time strategy video game developed by Black Wing Foundation, Dreamlore and N-Game, released on April 29, 2009.

Obviously, the main concept behind the game is pretty much clear if you can see its name. It just speaks for itself. The fact that such game exists is quite an event. It doesn't really matter what's behind the name or if the game is playable at all. The concept is enough. Simply makes your brain explode.

Meanwhile, we decided to move a little bit further than making up a bizarre concept and product's weird name. Stalin vs. Martians is also a good real-time strategy game. Probably one of the best in years and years. You can quote us on that.

The game is more or less plot-driven, so we're working on a script wild enough to fit into our concept. In short, the outline looks like this:

Year 1942. Summer. The martians suddenly land somewhere in Siberia and attack the glorious people of Holy Mother Russia. It is a hard time for USSR as you might know from the history books if you ever attended school. The situation is really fucked up, so comrade Stalin takes the anti-ET military operation under his personal control. The operation is a top secret and virtually nobody knows about the fact of extraterrestial intervention.

Well, that's it. Under the Stalin's command we must take control over Red Army forces and kick some alien ass. What shocks the most is that the martian forces look like a gay parade of Nintendo-styled cartoonish creatures.

Game

Stalin vs. Martians is a real-time strategy designed for people. No more madness with ammo supplies, no dozens of info pages on every artillery unit or other wargaming features that lately sneaked into the genre. Stop drooling on machineguns and toy soldiers, just play the game.

Our precious Stalin is a fast, furious, funny and very simple real-time strategy game. We even think about releasing it to the arcades. The mechanics is simple and intuitive, but effective and with some smart innovative twists. Let us show you what we're talking about.

No city-building and technology trees. You can buy reinforcements and offmap special abilities. But no "build the barracks > buy the troops > upgrade the town hall". The only resources you can find on the map are power-ups. They look like they should: like shiny rotating coins with bright colors.

wp_vs_1024.jpg
screenshot0008.jpg

screenshot0017.jpg

Reception

Stalin vs. Martians received scathing reviews from critics. It has an average score of 23.41% on GameRankings as well as 25% on Metacritic. GameSpot awarded the game 1.5/10, calling it "perhaps the worst RTS game ever created". The site also named it 2009's Flat-Out Worst Game. IGN, which rated the game a 2/10, noted the game's total lack of any RTS-related elements and asked whether it was 'made in 1994 and sealed into a vault until 2009' given how dated the visuals looked. Resolution, awarding the game 35%, warned readers not to purchase the game, but conceded that it is occasionally "incredibly amusing". Rock, Paper, Shotgun called the game "rubbish" but admitted: "theres certainly car-crash value, especially if you tie yourself in theoretical knots deciding exactly how much of the game is satire". The Escapist was more positive, noting that "Whatever it was, it's clear that the development team had a very fun time making the game, and filling it with as many Soviet clichés as possible." and "The presentation can be funny, and it's so absurd at times that you really have to experience it for the sheer audacity of it, but ... the game itself is below average at best". Russian MTV programme Virtuality and its spin-off portal Games TV were quite enthusiastic about the game and its humour.

b_stalin_dance.png

http://stalinvsmarti...om/en/game.html

#5 Soheil

Soheil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:03 AM

You Are Empty

You Are Empty is a first-person shooter video game based in a fictionalized postwar Soviet Union. The game begins with the protagonist waking up in a ruined hospital, and it soon becomes clear that the populace has been afflicted by mutation and madness. He then must battle to stay alive and unravel the mystery.

You Are Empty was released in on October 16, 2007.

Setting

You Are Empty takes place in 1955 in alternative Russia, where Joseph Stalin still reigns. In an attempt to ensure the global victory of Communism, the Soviet Union has constructed a massive psychic antenna to broadcast a reality-altering signal designed to transform the population of the Soviet Union into supermen. However, the experiment goes horribly wrong, and most of the population is either killed or transformed into homicidal mutants.

The game's cutscenes flesh out the backstory by telling the life story of the master scientist responsible for the disaster. As a young boy, the scientist discovers that he has psychic powers that allow him to control other living beings. Becoming a scientific protégé, he develops plans for a massive psychic antenna that would amplify his power and broadcast it across the world, initiating a Great Transformation of humanity. The scientist also believes that he is a New Man which is not directly stated in the cutscenes but its rather hinted in them because during every cutscene the scientist must master his own limits.

Plot

In this game player as the medium-ranking soldier who has an accident after his work. While he is unconscious, something happens and when he wakes up in a hospital he finds many homicidal mutants and the world in ruin. He fights with many homicidal mutants and investigate. He rarely meets with other survivors and encounters many surviving soldiers of the Red Army that hostile him and attempt to bring him to the high-ranking soldier who tell him about the backstory behind this calamity before committing suicide.

The high-ranking soldiers information bring him to the massive psychic antenna facility to meets the master scientist who know how to fix this calamity and bring the peaceful world back . The master scientist tell him that he has to use the antenna machinery to rewind time back to before the calamity happens and kill the master scientist before taking the plan to the Soviet leadership. To save the world he decides to do it . He rewind time back and shoots the master scientist in head, after that he is quickly beaten to death by Soviet bodyguards.

In conclusion, after he wakes up and fights with some people mutants . He investigates and finds the cause of the Great Transformation is the project of the master scientist. He uses the antenna machinery to rewind time back to before the Great Transformation to kill the master scientist, but he cant come back to the present.

823565-920444_20070914_002.jpg
The nurses are killers.

823564-920444_20070914_001.jpg
Weird stuff abounds in You Are Empty.

234542-you-are-empty-windows-screenshot-
http://www.mobygames...eShotId,234542/
http://www.mobygames...pty/screenshots
This enemy can shoot electric blasts.

234553-you-are-empty-windows-screenshot-
http://www.mobygames...eShotId,234553/
Inside the final building

Reception

The game received generally negative reviews from critics. On the review aggregator GameRankings, the game had an average score of 40% based on 15 reviews. On Metacritic, the game had an average score of 34 out of 100, based on 14 reviews.

https://en.wikipedia...i/You_Are_Empty

#6 Soheil

Soheil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:44 PM

Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge

RedAlert2_02.jpg

Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge is an expansion pack to Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 developed by Westwood Studios. The game was released on October 10, 2001 by EA Games. The game is centered on the idea of a shadowy ex-Soviet figure named Yuri having established a secret army of his own and posing a threat to the free will of the world.

In Command and Conquer: Yuri's Revenge, the story starts off assuming that the Allies were victorious in Red Alert 2. The plot is based around Yuri, the former head of the Soviet Psychic Corps, coming out of hiding to take over the world by using his Psychic Dominators. These devices have the power to mind control everyone in the world.

Plot

The game begins with a presidential briefing in the White House concerning Yuri and how he has begun his take over of the world through mind control. Yuri interrupts the briefing to explain how he plans to take over the world, telling the American President Michael Dugan that he has a network of Psychic Dominators around the world, which he is now beginning to reveal. One of Yuri's Psychic Dominators is on Alcatraz Island in San Francisco, which Yuri activates just before ending his transmission to the White House. The President immediately calls in an airstrike on the device, but all the attacking aircraft are shot down, although one crashes into the nuclear reactor on the island, causing the device to lose power and to not function. Despite this, Yuri activates his other Psychic Dominators around the world and the majority of the planet quickly succumbs to Yuri's mind-control.

Synopsis

Allies

The Allied story begins with the player being sent to San Francisco to protect Albert Einstein's Time Machine, which the Allies plan to use to go back in time and prevent Yuri’s Psychic Dominators from ever coming online. The player must capture power plants in the city to power up the Time machine. Once enough power plants have been captured, the player successfully goes back in time, but arrives at the time that Soviet forces are first invading San Francisco. The Soviets are caught by surprise by Allied reinforcements from the future and the Psychic Dominator under construction on Alcatraz island is destroyed.

The player is informed that Los Angeles has fallen under Yuri’s control, and Yuri is using his Grinders to slaughter the city's population for raw materials. The Grinders and the rest of Yuri’s forces in the city are destroyed, liberating Los Angeles. With this vital loss, Yuri is forced to look for a new source of income, and finds the chairman of the Massivesoft Corporation (parodies of Bill Gates and the Microsoft Corporation, respectively) in Seattle. After receiving a plea from the CEO, General Carville, who is still alive in this alternate timeline, orders the player to free the Massivesoft Corporation and its CEO and to destroy the nuclear missile silo that Yuri had constructed in the city. The nuclear missile silo is quickly destroyed and the Massivesoft Campus is freed. No longer being forced to fund Yuri’s war effort, the CEO of the Massivesoft Corporation makes a "healthy donation” to the Allied war effort as thanks.

In the midst of these great victories, Yuri has captured Professor Albert Einstein and is forcing him to work on the Psychic Dominator at a base near the Great Pyramid (called the "Large Pyramid" in game) so it can come online sooner. The Commander quickly goes to Egypt and frees Einstein who sets the Psychic Dominator there to self-destruct, but not before the Allies could use it one time against Yuri's own forces. Now in a very desperate situation, Yuri plans to kidnap several world leaders and replace them with mindless clones loyal to Yuri. By orders from General Carville, the player goes to Sydney, Australia, where Yuri’s cloning facility is located, and promptly destroys Yuri’s cloning facility and the rest of his forces.

After a long war on two fronts the Soviets are defeated and Yuri's armies are now beginning to fall back. Wishing to bring the war against Yuri to a quick conclusion, the Allies and Soviets consider joining forces. The two superpowers schedule a meeting to ratify a treaty in a top secret location. While informing the player of this, Lieutenant Eva falls under Yuri’s mind-control and reveals the location, Parliament Building in London, England, to Yuri. With this critical information now known to the enemy, General Carville bluntly orders the Commander to go to London and defend the Parliament Building at all costs. With the Commander’s protection, the treaty is ratified and signed and Soviet forces soon join the battle, destroying Yuri's London base. Lieutenant Eva is about to resign because of her failure to resist Yuri's mind control, but is interrupted by Carville who reminds her that many world leaders have been controlled by Yuri as well.

The Allies locate Yuri's last Psychic Dominator on Antarctic Peninsula, and promptly send in forces to eliminate this threat. They begin the operation at Tierra del Fuego by taking over an abandoned Soviet base. With the radar facilities there, a small Allied force is teleported into Antarctica by Chronosphere. An Allied base is set up in Antarctica and Yuri’s base and remaining forces are destroyed.

With Yuri now defeated, he is locked away in a specially designed cell that Albert Einstein created, a Psychic Isolation Chamber, where he "won't be able to mind-control a fly". At that moment, the timelines of Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge begin to merge. As Professor Einstein explains, "One series of events must take precedence over the other." The alternate timeline becomes the new reality; General Carville is alive and Yuri's plans remain foiled.

Soviet

The Soviet story begins with the remnants of the Soviets discovering the Allied plan to go back in time. The opportunity to capture the Allied Time Machine would allow the Soviet Union to regain its former power. A Soviet strike team goes into San Francisco and manages to capture the Allied Time machine, which unfortunately has insufficient power, so the player must capture four power plants in the city. Once enough power plants are under Soviet control, the player goes back in time, but due to the "over efficiency" of Soviet engineers the machine inadvertently sends the Soviets back to pre-historic times. The player defends the Time Machine from attacking Tyrannosaurus Rexes until it recharges. Once the Time Machine is recharged, the player arrives at the time that Soviet forces are first invading San Francisco. The player quickly assumes command of the Soviet base in the city and then destroys Yuri's Psychic Dominator, while it is still under construction on Alcatraz Island.

With the successful time shift, the Soviet forces from the future take special papers back to Moscow to inform the Soviet leadership of how the Soviets lost the war and of the threat Yuri poses. Premier Alexander Romanov tells the Commander to go to the Black Forest in Germany and destroy Einstein’s laboratory and prototype Chronosphere, a device with that can transport troops anywhere in the world (In Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2, there is an Allied campaign that requires the player to defend the laboratory and Chronosphere from Soviet assault – Allied mission 10). The Commander promptly destroys this potential Allied threat before it can become a real problem, causing the Allies to retreat on all fronts.

Meanwhile, Soviet intelligence has discovered that Yuri has built a Psychic Beacon in London, and as a result the Allied forces there now fight for Yuri. To stop this, the player goes to London and frees the Allies from Yuri's mind-control. The Soviets do not consider the Allied forces their allies, though the Allied forces do. Yuri has created a base and Psychic Dominator in London, but the player soon destroys Yuri’s forces in the area.

Soon after this victory, Premier Romanov’s plane is shot down over Casablanca, Morocco. The "Comrade General" is sent to the city to find and rescue Romanov before Yuri's forces do. Romanov is found and appears to be having a great time. He is transported to the only airport in the area after it is brought under Soviet control. With Romanov rescued, the Commander then proceeds to an uncharted island in the Pacific Ocean where Yuri has set up a submarine base. After landing on the island, the Commander destroys Yuri’s submarine base and all his remaining forces.

After the battle is over, it is revealed that Yuri also had a launch facility on the island, which still has a rocket ready for launch that is programmed to go to the Moon. The Soviets use this rocket to send forces with a limited amount of credits, led by the player, to the Moon where they destroy Yuri’s base, which he planned to go to after he was in control of the world. In this battle the forces the Commander can recruit are limited but compensated by the new Cosmonaut units.

Losing ground on all theatres of operation, Yuri takes refuge in a castle located in his ancestral home of Transylvania. Romanov orders the player to Yuri's hideout and to "crush him beneath the stones". Once in Transylvania, it is discovered that Yuri has built two Psychic Beacons, used to control an Allied and a Soviet presence in the area. The player then sets up a base and launches a massive attack on Yuri's forces. The castle is successfully destroyed and Yuri is assumed to have been defeated once and for all.

However, Yuri had survived the destruction of his castle in the dungeon. A special transmission from Yuri shows that he had stolen the Time Machine from San Francisco, to travel back in time so that "the world and all its history is Yuri's to command and conquer". But this is thwarted by Lieutenant Zofia, who quickly changes the destination of the Time Machine to the early Cretaceous and depleting all the power reserves of the Time Machine. Yuri is stranded in time and it is implied that he is eaten by a Tyrannosaurus Rex. With Yuri's destruction assured, the Soviets take complete control of the world and begin to expand communism into the far reaches of space.

gallery_3_66_59412.jpg
http://cnc-redalert...._3_66_59412.jpg
http://cnc-redalert....um=5&gallery=30

p4070985.jpg
http://cnc-redalert....yr/p4070985.jpg

Reception

Yuri's Revenge has received mostly positive reviews. IGN gave the game 8.6 out of 10, saying that it "gives a really excellent game some really impressive enhancements." The lack of a single player campaign for Yuri's army was noted as a weakness. GameSpot said that "All its new features combine to make Yuri's Revenge ideal or even downright necessary for anyone who enjoyed Red Alert 2", and awarded 8.5 out of 10. GameRankings reports an average score of 85% based on 31 reviews.

https://en.wikipedia..._Yuri's_Revenge

Grinder (Red Alert 2)

This is a grinder. These devices can break down anything, be it mechanical or organic.

The Grinder was a Yuri structure that could recycle any ground unit under the Yuri player's control (including mind controlled units) converting them into funds. This rewarded aggressive and ruthless tactics amongst Yuri players including recycling obsolete units, capturing and recycling enemy units and converting hordes of slaves into Brutes with the Genetic Mutator and then recycling them into credits.

History

The Grinder was Yuri's answer to being short on funds during Psychic Dominator Disaster. During his takeover of Hollywood, Yuri decided that the supporting characters, B list actors, and various other supporting staff were not valuable to a new, Yuri driven society. After all, what is the use of entertainment when there is no-one with free will to enjoy it? Deeming that the people in Hollywood were useless except in movies, he decided to recycle them all to fund his war effort. Afterwards, he employed grinders wherever his forces went as a supplement to his economy.

Yuri and his army were erased from history when his timeline was replaced with the events of Red Alert 3 with its own Crusher crane. So, in a sense, the Grinder in this form never existed.

Description

The grinder was basically a large chamber with many spiked spinning and rotating grinders within it. The grinder would intake any unit, be it organic or mechanical, and break it down into scrap for recycling. Although the process wasn't perfect, some value was still gotten out of the pieces. Inorganic parts would be sent to Yuri's armouries, war factories, construction facilities, and naval yards. On the other hand, organic parts would either be used in the cloning vats, Bio reactor, or to supply the crews and soldiers under Yuri's command.

http://cnc.wikia.com...r_(Red_Alert_2)

Floating Disc

Yuri had a flair for the dramatic, and also a clear appreciation for nostalgia and old movies. When Yuri decided to develop an economy attacking unit, he decided to theme it off of the flying saucers of old sci-fi movies. The end result was the Floating Disc.

The flying disc is simply that. It is a silver hued tapered disc equipped with hover technology that allows it to move about the battlefield. Along the outer edge of the floating disc was a laser actuator, which built charge as the beam circled the disc and then released in one blast at targets. At the center of the disc was a sphere which contained the Floating Disc's drain beam. Due to its design, it was also fully capable of flying and fighting in the near vacuum of lunar atmosphere.

The Floating Disc's primary use was to disable enemy bases. With its drain beam, the Floating Disc could drain an enemy's power, shutting off either a base defense, or the entire grid. Then other Yuri units could attack with less fear. Furthermore, a Floating Disc could drain the credits out of refineries and shunt them into Yuri's accounts. The floating disc had decent armor, but lacked speed. However, it was faster than the Soviet Kirov, and it can target both air and ground units. It's construction is announced to the other players. One Floating Disc can wreak havoc to an entire base, especially if the Disc shut off base power, and if the base is only equipped with static anti air defenses.

Due to the altering of the timeline in the Post-war Crisis, the Floating Disc is now reported non-existent.

In a desperate attempt to kill the Allied and Soviet leaders at London's Parliament house, Yuri first deployed the Floating Disc in Operation Trick or Treaty. Many of the Allied soldiers, most notably General Carville, were surprised at Yuri's new weapon, initially thinking it was an alien invasion. However the Allied commander quickly shot the Floating Discs as he repelled the waves of Yuri's assaults.

Floating_Disc_Render.jpg
http://data.cyclowik...Disc_Render.jpg

http://cnc.wikia.com...i/Floating_Disc

Kirov Airship (Red Alert 2)

13947052308649.jpg
http://cs4.pikabu.ru...47052308649.jpg
http://pikabu.ru/sto...porting_2059221

13946283884117.jpg
http://cs4.pikabu.ru...46283884117.jpg

13946346325194.jpeg
http://cs3.pikabu.ru...6346325194.jpeg

http://cnc.wikia.com...p_(Red_Alert_2)

MUST SEE: PLAY THE GAME FOR ALL THESE CONCEPTS!

• Superweapons: synonym of Wunderwaffen, wonder weapons, game-ender, game-changer, weapons of mass destruction
  • Cold war, superweapons arms race, WWIII, bipolar world, Soviet-American space race, hegemonism, militarism, imperialism
  • captured technologies: with special agents, buildings with engineers, Yuri, Psychic Dominator; see also Operation Paperclip, Operation Operation Ossavakim
  • capturing enemy personnel with mindcontrol tech: Psychic Tower, Psychic Dominator, Yuri, Yuri clone, Mastermind vehicle, Chaos Drone; see brainwashing, voice to skull/noise hearing/silent voice
  • directed energy weapons: microwave, laser, particles, ions, radiological
  • orbital weapons: particle/ion cannon
  • revisionism: alternate history
  • Flying saucers, heavy airships: see FU-GO sightings
  • 5th columnist: traitor faction, Yuri faction
  • tiberium: see rare-earth mineral race; see Original War computer Game ( -> Siberite/Alaskite mineral)
  • Ultimate Yuri: long-range mind control
  • Psychic Viewing; Psychic Radar; mindcontrol of animals; Brutes (Slaves + Genetic Mutator -> Brutes); Grinder (Brutes + Grinder -> fund); etc
  • etc

Edited by Soheil, 18 May 2016 - 12:22 AM.

#7 Soheil

Soheil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:31 PM

Original War

Original War is a real-time strategy video game developed by Czech company Altar Interactive and released by Virgin Interactive on June 15, 2001. It was re-released in the United Kingdom under the budget Sold Out label in 2004, and was later re-released again by Good Old Games in 2008.

Latest game version is 2.0.3.5

Plot

The game's story revolves around an extraterrestrial mineral, Siberite, that can catalyze cold fusion and serve as fuel for an alien artifact. Siberite and the artifact named EON are discovered by a US expedition to Russia during World War I. EON is revealed to be a time machine capable of sending objects into the past, but by the time of the discovery, Siberite stocks are exhausted and research stops. Then in the new millennium vast deposits of the mineral are found in Siberia, and Americans are able to extract enough of it for small-scale time-travel.

The U.S. comes up with a plan to send a small force two million years back in time. There it will mine the Siberite and transport it over the Bering Land Bridge to Alaska, into what will one day be in American hands. The best troops are selected, briefed, and told that it is a one-way trip back through time.

This results in a new time line with the mineral located in Alaska and the U.S. being the only undisputed superpower thanks to the inexhaustible source of energy. Here the time machine wasn't found by the U.S. but the Russians instead. The USSR fumes under American supremacy. Frustration turns to outrage when Soviet scientists find traces of American settlement and Alaskite, the source of U.S. power, in remote Siberia. A Soviet expedition is sent through the EON, here called TAWAR, to repel the American thieves and preserve what is rightfully theirs.

The game story is freely based on the sci-fi novel The Last Day of Creation (1981) by Wolfgang Jeschke.

Gameplay

Original War is an RTS: The player builds a base, finds resources, builds vehicles, and destroys the enemy. Its distinguishing feature is the way the game mechanics reflect the backstory's scarcity of resources and isolation.

It is not possible to train new men. Moreover, the same units who fight are needed for resource gathering and the bases' functions. Production facilities, research labs, vehicles and base defenses are all useless unmanned. The local apemen can be trained to do simple tasks, and with the right research it is possible to use remote control and AIs, but all are generally worse in combat than humans. Losses in personnel are otherwise irreplaceable.

Units do not fight to the end. Critical damage causes humans and apemen to collapse, and vehicles and buildings to eject their occupants and catch fire. They can be saved if they are healed or repaired before they bleed out or explode, respectively. Units give lower priority to incapacitated targets, and the player's units will not attack them unless ordered to. Vehicles without drivers belong to no one, so hijacking is easy and even desirable.

Original War is "almost as much an RPG as a RTS." Each human or apeman unit has its own name and portrait, speed, firepower and defense scores, and experience levels in each of the game's four classes. Humans can change class (or "kit") in seconds by ducking into an appropriate building. Soldiers deal and withstand much more damage, can crawl, and receive huge bonuses while in emplacements. Engineers can haul resources, initiate the construction of new buildings, and repair and dismantle buildings. Mechanics can construct and repair vehicles, and receive equally huge bonuses while driving them. Scientists are researchers, healers, and apeman tamers. Units gain XP and level up in a skill by performing actions associated with the skill. XP gain is faster for units with the associated kit.

The game has three types of resources: Crates, oil and Crystals. Supply crates sent from the future are the foundation of all construction. Small piles of crates appear on the map with a thunderclap at random intervals. Most maps in the game have regions where crates appear the most often. American optoelectronics enable them to pinpoint the exact locations of the crates as they arrive, while the Soviets, who have focused on time-based technology, are able to predict a perimeter where the crates will arrive a few seconds before they materialise.

Oil and the varyingly named mineral power bases and vehicles. Scientists can locate their deposits, and constructing a tower or mine on a deposit generates a steady stream of the resource. This may be the only base function that works automatically. Oil is used mostly early- and midgame as a cheap yet readily available power source. Oil-burning vehicles have fuel meters. They can be refueled at a base or by transporting oil to them, and the driver can get out and push. The crystal allows vehicles to run indefinitely, and opens up several advanced research topics. Solar power is also available. Solar-based fuel reserves are pitiful, but they regenerate.

Original War has an American and a Soviet campaign. The game recommends playing the American one first. Missions on both sides tend to contain scripted events, multiple-choice situations and sidequests. Human units persist between missions, so that each loss is a loss for the rest of the game. Mission design keeps the ranks from becoming too thin or too thick: for instance, the player might be ordered to choose eight men altogether from veterans of previous missions and other members of the side, go defend an outpost, and return after the mission. Units also gain XP for completing missions. The XP gained increases farther into the game, and is affected by the player's success in completing the various demands (often sidequests) in each mission. The player chooses one class for each unit to receive 50% of the xp, and the other three skills gain the remaining 50% between them.

12193348_1005504376157775_71946711956026
https://www.facebook...?type=3

1342906665_original_war_003_2.jpg
http://dreamworlds.r...l_war_003_2.jpg
http://dreamworlds.r...iginal-war.html

1342906608_credits.jpg
http://dreamworlds.r...608_credits.jpg

Reception

The Finnish Pelit magazine gave Original War a score of 82% in a two-page review. Reviewer Aleksi Stenberg wrote that the plot and the unusual gameplay made the game "more interesting than a dozen Red Alerts." He warmed up to Original War at a time when he had grown weary with the genre. He also complimented the interface. He criticized overspecialized character classes, the vehicles' designs, and the voice acting.

The Finnish general computing magazine MikroBITTI awarded the game 91%. Its review praised the game's playability and mentioned voice acting as the only clearly negative feature.

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Original_War

MUST SEE: PLAY THE GAME ONLY FOR THIS UNIQUE FEATURE!

Test a moving formation of multiple directed energy platforms surrounding its target :

• Double laser - An improved version of the laser, this weapon shares all the characteristics of its sister weapon, but adds a special ability also: it can link up with another double laser to form a laser barrier between the two vehicles. Any enemy units inbetween the two will then be hit with a far stronger laser, and most likely destroyed. Like its sister weapon however, the double laser too is vulnerable to infantry.

Required addons: Laser extension
    Used by: Americans

https://original-war....php?a=vehicles
Other main concepts
  • Racism
    2 Million years BCE Siberian hominids: see Sinanthropus pekinensis Vs Homo sapiens sapiens (Homo SS)

eurocentrism->militarism->imperialism->colonialism->racism->exploitation->slavery->genocides->mindcontrol->self-defeat

Tameable animals (sic!) Enslavement of hominids
    Apeman - Our ancestor Sinanthropus pekinensis, accompanying us throughout the whole game. This humanoidal mammal hominid has lived on our planet 2 million years ago. Thanks to special research, our scientists are able to communicate in their language and to make them join our unit. After taming an apeman, we can teach him engineering, soldiering and even driving vehicles.

https://original-war...s.php?a=animals

Biological laboratory
    Apeman Brainwashing - Prerequisite: Apeman Agression, Explosives. Allows apemen to be trained as suicide bombers in the barracks. Apemen in this role are strapped with large amounts of explosives and sent at enemy lines, with the explosives remotely detonated once they get close enough.

https://original-war...?a=technologies

Biological laboratory
    Apeman Neural System - Prerequisite: Apeman Agression. Allows apemen to be permanently grafted into a vehicle as a controller, akin to computer AI control. The downside here is that an apeman will be required to build the vehicle.

https://original-war...?a=technologies

Vehicle Steering
    Apeman - The Arabian answer to American and Russian computer control. In this case an apeman is wired directly into the vehicle and trained to use it like his own body. Once wired in, the apeman cannot be removed from the vehicle. Apeman controlled vehicles are slightly better than computer controlled ones, but still inferior to manual control.

https://original-war....php?a=vehicles
  • Rare-earth mineral race
    eurocentrism->militarism->imperialism->colonialism->racism->exploitation->slavery->genocides

In July 1927, the geologist Ding Daoheng discovered the resources at Bayan Obo which is now known as the rare earth capital of the world. Although he is now upheld as a national hero for identifying what is still thought by some to be the worlds largest rare earth deposit, he was part of a group within the expedition that was entirely focused on identifying iron resources to provision German, Russian, and nascent Chinese industry.
    https://www.bu.edu/p...and-Society.pdf

major_rare_earth_deposits_map.jpg
    http://fortunedotcom...eposits_map.jpg

1118-rare-earth-oxides.jpg
    http://www.financial...arth-oxides.jpg

S☫heil's commentary

Hypothetical unified Soviet Union and People's Republic of China common front strategy during the Cold War.

What if the Sino-Soviet split (1960-89) never existed and Nikita Khrushchev never became revisionist, never enforced its peaceful coexistence fallacy with the imperialists.

With the first world reserve of rare earth mineral in China, and the second world reserve of rare earth mineral in North Korea, the first world shale oil reserve in Russia, the third world shale oil reserve in China, the first world shale gas reserve in China, the eighth-largest crude oil reserves of the world in North Korea, etc. , both nations could have opposed a united front to their common hegemonic enemies.
The Comintern could have easily produced more semiconductors, microchips, computers, supraconductors, particle accelerators, satellites, lasers, spaceships, rockets, aircrafts and submarines than the NATO's plutocrats.
Instead, all these natural resources are now being plundered to the sole benefit of the Cold War's victor, leaving the defeated Russia and China enslaved, robed, humiliated and environmentally destroyed.

Of course, the game was already over by 1946-1947 though.

24050450.jpg
http://koreajoongang...spx?aid=3002247

http://www.investope...g-potential.asp

S☫heil

Edited by Soheil, 25 May 2016 - 12:58 PM.

#8 Soheil

Soheil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:48 AM

Hearts of Iron II

Hearts of Iron II is a grand strategy computer war game for the PC based upon its predecessor, Hearts of Iron. It was developed by Paradox Development Studio and published by Paradox Interactive. It takes place in the period from 1 January 1936 through 30 December 1947 (1964 with the expansion), and allows the player to assume control of any one of over 175 nations of the time and guide its development through the years before, during and after the Second World War. It was developed by Paradox Interactive and released 4 January 2005. The lead game programmer was Johan Andersson.

A sequel, Hearts of Iron III was released in August 2009. Arsenal of Democracy, a grand strategy wargame based on Hearts of Iron II was released in February 2010. Iron Cross a Hearts of Iron II expansion, was released on October 7, 2010, and Darkest Hour, a stand-alone strategy game based on Hearts of Iron II, was released on April 5, 2011.

Gameplay

Hearts of Iron II is a grand strategy game. The player can build land divisions, aircraft squadrons, and naval ships/fleets, and combine these into corps and armies. The player also has the ability to control the appointment of commanders of forces under their nation's flag or that of controlled nations as well as to control the appointment of individual government ministers and military commanders in key General Staff positions. The player also has a broader ability to control the heads of state and government; however, this option is only available to democracies and only then through elections, in which the player chooses the winner. Technological research is controlled by the player. All this is on a global scale, with the player simultaneously dealing and interacting with nations across the world. The game can be paused at any point.

Playable nations

The player can choose to play almost any nation from the time period, apart from some very small states such as Andorra, Monaco, Vatican City or others (and mods exist that make even these playable). The player can also play as a new nation that gains its independence as the game progresses, but will have to wait until the nation actually declares independence in the game before it can be played. However, many smaller nations do not have strong 'tech teams', nor do they possess a strong industrial base.

Politics

The player is able to manage his nation's foreign and internal policies on the Diplomacy page. The player can declare war, annex territories and make alliances. The player can also alter the social and economic policies of their nation using sliders, such as democratic versus authoritarian, free market versus central planning and so on. Moving the sliders will result in different bonuses and penalties, allowing for a range of choices and strategies.

On the same page, the player can appoint leaders and ministers, with some exceptions. The Head of State and Head of Government can only be changed through moving the Political Left vs Political Right slider, or through elections and other one-time events.

Resource management

Hearts of Iron II features nine resources, of which six are conventional resources, and the other three are manpower, industrial capacity and transport capacity.

• Energy, rare materials (e.g. rubber), and metal are produced by individual provinces and pooled together to power the nation's industry.
  • Supplies are consumed by a player's armed forces.
  • Oil is consumed by mechanized or armored units, air units and naval units. (and some infantry with attached units)
  • Money is raised through the production of consumer goods. The amount gained also varies based on government type and policy settings. Money is needed to carry out diplomatic actions, as well as pay research teams.
  • Manpower is needed to recruit and reinforce all of a player's armed forces. One unit of Manpower generally represents 1000 men, as a normal infantry division of 10,000 men requires ten Manpower.
  • Each factory in a nation contributes one point of industrial capacity (IC). The total number of factories is known as the Base IC. Several factors, such as difficulty, ministerial appointments, technologies, and resources available can modify this number, producing the actual IC. Each actual IC requires two points of energy, one of metal and half a point of rare materials in order to function.
  • Transport capacity (TC) is an abstract number that represents the trucks, trains and river barges which are used to supply a player's armed forces with fuel and supply. TC is a direct function of a player's IC; the player has a TC that is 150% his IC. When the TC used exceeds the available amount, movement, supplies and reinforcements are delayed.
The six conventional resources can be traded with other countries, subject to potential disruption by enemy forces if the routes to the other country are occupied. Trade offers can be made to any other country, even ones with poor diplomatic relations, although allied nations are more willing to accept more favorable trade offers. Manpower, IC and TC are not tradeable.

Scenarios

In the game, a player assumes direct control of a nation at the start of a scenario through 1948. The following scenarios are available:
  • The Road to War, beginning on New Year's Day, 1936;
  • The Gathering Storm, beginning in September 1938, just before the Munich Agreement; Added in the v1.2 patch.
  • Blitzkrieg, beginning with Hitler's declaration of war upon Poland (the Invasion of Poland) on 1 September 1939;
  • Awakening the Giant, beginning on 22 June 1941, at the beginning of Operation Barbarossa.
  • Götterdämmerung, beginning on 20 June 1944, two weeks after the Western Allies landed at Normandy.
Added in Iron Cross:
  • 1933, beginning on 30 January 1933, when Hitler takes power in Germany.
  • 1934, beginning on 1 October 1934, at the start of the October revolution.[4]
Playable operations are:
  • Fall Gelb, the German invasion of France in 1940
  • Operation Barbarossa, the German invasion of the Soviet Union in Summer of 1941
  • The Ardennes Offensive, centered around the Battle of the Bulge, on the Franco-Belgian-German frontier in winter of 1944, which was also playable in the game's demo.
  • Southern Conquests, revolving around the Japanese centrifugal offensive into the southern resource area, following the attack on Pearl Harbor.
  • Operation Watchtower, the battle for Guadalcanal in the Solomons.
  • Fall Weiss, the German invasion of Poland
  • Fall Grün, the planned German attack on Czechoslovakia
  • Platinean War, a fantasy scenario where German-backed Argentina and American-backed Brazil clash in a conflict that will involve most of South America
  • Winter War, the Soviet-Finnish War of 1939-1940
  • Desert Fox, the African campaign that culminated in the Battle of El Alamein
  • Operation Husky, the Allied landings in Sicily and the subsequent Italian Campaign
  • Operation Overlord, the Allied landings in Normandy
  • Operation Downfall, the planned Allied invasion of the Japanese home isles
  • Spanish Civil War, the conflict between the Spanish republicans and nationalists in 1936-1939
  • Battle of the Coral Sea, the Japanese plan to capture Port Moresby on New Guinea by sea and the following carrier battle.
  • Fall Blau, the German 1942 summer offensive against the USSR, eventually culminating in the Battle of Stalingrad; Added in the v1.2 patch.
Warfare

Hearts of Iron II is a grand strategy game. The smallest independent land unit is the division, although brigades such as engineers, artillery, or armoured cars can be attached to these. On sea, units are either single capital ships or flotillas of small ships such as destroyers. For the air force, the unit is a Wing or Group, depending on nationality.

Land divisions include infantry, cavalry, and tanks. Land brigades include anti-tank guns, anti-aircraft artillery and military police.

On the map the player can direct divisions or groups of divisions. Fighting starts when an army starts moving into a defended enemy territory. The invading units do not have to be inside enemy territory to attack. A province is immediately occupied when the invaders arrive there with no opposition left. Because of this, a player can blitz through large swaths of enemy lands with minimal micromanagement. In addition, units who move constantly lose organization and risk losing supply, so poorly executed attempts to blitzkrieg can be stopped.

Provinces can be fortified and infrastructure increased to improve combat performance. Structures include radar, and static AA. Many fortifications are pre-built, such as the Maginot Line along the French-German border.

Air units include bombers, fighters and transports. These divisions can, depending on type, engage in tactical or strategic missions.

Sea units include transports, aircraft carriers, battleships, cruisers, destroyers, and submarines. Each unit has a strength, speed, and effective engagement range. Naval combats simulate the range between fleets, allowing only units in range to fire. This can make naval combats tactically complex.

Expansions

Doomsday

In November 2005, a stand-alone expansion pack to the game, Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday, was announced. It was released April 4, 2006. It contains everything that was in the original game while highlighting and expanding the period after historical World War II, including a hypothetical nuclear war between the Soviet Union and the Allies. The expansion pack features among other things a reworked intelligence model (which allows the player to use espionage, sabotage and other things in an "intelligence page" accessible through the main screen), improved AI and a scenario editor.

Doomsday also features some other changes and additions such as:

• Additional graphics such as bomber sprites
  • Escort Carriers
  • Hospitals that recover manpower losses
  • A "do not upgrade" button for divisions
  • The option of automating the production sliders
  • Submarines have separate stats for convoy raiding and naval combat
  • An extended timeframe the game end date has been changed to 1953
  • New technologies to bring the game into the cold war era
  • An included scenario editor
  • The ability to trade divisions between nations
  • The ability to attach escorts while recruiting divisions
Armageddon

Another expansion was released in April 2007 in an alternate history scenario called Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon. It further allows more time and the player has the ability to choose 1964 as the end point. It allows the adding of modules to ships (such as improved radar, fire-control, anti-submarine or anti-aircraft weaponry) and submits two new scenarios for play, as well as an enhanced AI.

Armageddon also features some other changes and additions such as:

• Player can allow or disallow democracies to declare war on the main menu options screen
  • Player may choose when the time of play will end, ranging as early as 1940 to as late as 1964.
  • Player may choose to get the full industrial capacity of an annexed country, or not.
  • Player may choose to use tech teams of an annexed country or not.
  • New brigade attachments for ships.
  • Diplomatic option to refuse expeditionary forces from your allies
Iron Cross

Iron Cross is an expansion of Hearts of Iron 2 Armageddon released as a digital download on October 7, 2010, developed by Irshappa. It expands the number of provinces on the map as well as numerous other additions and can also be installed as an expansion of Arsenal of Democracy and Darkest Hour.

Features

• Play as one of 200 countries from 1933 to 1964, and interact with real ministers and leaders
  • New map with over 4,000 new provinces
  • More than 6,000 new events
  • New tech tree featuring 800 technologies, with a realistic research system
  • New units and brigades, including special units, infantry regiment, heavy artillery, and more
  • New AI offering more options and greater depth
  • New scenarios set in 1933 and 1934 as well as old scenarios adapted to Iron Cross
  • Compatible with HoI II: Armageddon, Arsenal of Democracy and Darkest Hour
7yqiOo.jpg
https://steamcommuni...30/screenshots/

7yqiOs.png
http://images.akamai...9C8DA6B8C5BD02/
https://steamcommuni...p/22130/images/

https://en.wikipedia...arts_of_Iron_II

MUST SEE: PLAY THE GAME ONLY FOR THESE HINTS!

• British Empire is immune to defeat, as the game will immediately crash once the British Empire is decapitated!

• Alien Cheats
    alienattack [province ID] - will create a new country called "Alien Invaders" which will declare war on whichever country formally controlled the province with the [province ID]. For more info see Aliens.

http://www.paradoxia...php/Cheat_Codes

Aliens

The Aliens are a bit of a hidden feature of Heart of Iron 2. They are unleashed through a "cheat' (F12 key) that is activated by typing in "alienattack [province ID number]". An example would be "alienattack 722". This would make them attack Roswell...Remember that they will get their sliders from the nation they attack. So, they will be democratic and isolationist attack Roswell. A better spot is Siberia (who knows, maybe there are aliens there).

So, you're ready for the challenge. Well, once you give them the attack code, you have to load up as them and Declare_War_To the world because they only Declare_War_To who they attack. You may also notice that they lack ministers. Several mods have ministers (SMEP has Star Wars characters for example). You have just completed your 1936 Great Campaign as Germany and painted the world gray but you're not done. You have the aliens attack the Rockies in America. You probably won't get to them until they start expanding but it is important that you do. At first they'll just have some 1936 infantry. No worry for elite panzers right? Wrong. They won't stop spawning it. Soon tanks appear and better models. Suddenly your 1945 infantry are duking it out with aircavalry (chopers). And a lot of it. Your fighters will pick off their ww1 biplanes at first but jets will appear and tear you apart. Then come the nukes. The AI aliens are given a lot of free units and free technology plus what they build themselves. You will find that they will soon be uncrushable.

Under standard rules the Aliens will:

Adopt the sliders of the country they 'invade'.

If those sliders allow them to, they will Declare_War_To that country. They will Declare_War_To no other country and no other country will usually Declare_War_To them. Therefore landing in Albania is pointless, they won't go anywhere.

They have no ministers.

They have spawning units, and all the latest tech is given to them over a period of a few months.

They have no leaders however, meaning they will always be fighting at -75% overcommand penalty.

The province they attack is boosted to 10 airbase and (if a port province) 10 naval base.

They WON'T conduct naval invasions, even if they are given a port province (so landing them in Britain means they'll take that country but no more).

Critically, they do not engage in any diplomacy, not even ANNEX, so they can 'take' a country but won't annex it. They therefore never own any provinces except the first.

http://www.paradoxia...ndex.php/Aliens

7yqiNp.jpg
    http://ipic.su/7yqiNp.jpg
    Country selection screen

7yqiNx.jpg
    http://ipic.su/7yqiNx.jpg
    The rise of the FU-GOs

7yqiNA.jpg
    http://ipic.su/7yqiNA.jpg
    Zapped

7yqiND.jpg
    http://ipic.su/7yqiND.jpg
    "To Ike With compliments From Yoshi"

#9 Soheil

Soheil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:48 AM

Hearts of Iron IV

Hearts of Iron IV is the sequel to Paradox Development Studio's game Hearts of Iron 3. It covers the time period from 1936 to 1948, focusing on the buildup to the Second World War and the war itself.

Hearts of Iron IV would be available for Linux.

Review

Hoi4 will one day, I sincerely hope, be a great game. Many of the design decisions have made play easier without making it simpler.
But there are major problems if you care about realism. I didn't say historicity. Just realism. Despite so much effort by Paradox to give the game a historical and realistic flavour, you will run into small nations with 100 divisions and thousands of planes, find that the United States has invaded the German coast the second it enters the war, and discover that Italy has sent almost its entire forces to China to help Japan. Build up a massive fleet of 3000 fighters and watch them all get shot down within a month, even just against Poland. Forget about supply - once you've trained your enormous number of units, they cost you nothing ever again. No supplies or fuel. Watch as Italy is conquered by multiple naval invasions in 1939. I could go on, but this depresses me. You need a sandbox at least to function in a predictable and logical way. Logic is very absent in much of this game as of the 1.1 beta.

ss_c0889e69751343b953cbb585e31b6a03b0edd
http://cdn.akamai.st...pg?t=1465232664

7yqiNi.jpg
http://ipic.su/7yqiNi.jpg
From dlc 016_artbook: Hearts of Iron IV - Art of War.pdf

7yqiNk.jpg
http://ipic.su/7yqiNk.jpg
From dlc 016_artbook: Hearts of Iron IV - Art of War.pdf

Video

https://www.youtube....?v=WEN5SEb5ASA/
Hearts of Iron IV - "Soviet Struggle" Trailer

http://store.steampo...m/app/394360/?/

MUST SEE: PLAY THE GAME ONLY FOR THIS HINT!

• The Washington regime will become a fascist state sometimes after the defeat of the Axis powers!

7yqiNm.jpg
    http://ipic.su/7yqiNm.jpg
    A failed puppet state turned into a totalitarian fascist one

Edited by Soheil, 30 June 2016 - 11:05 AM.

#10 Soheil

Soheil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:31 AM

Orbital Eunuchs Sniper

Orbital Eunuchs Sniper is an addictive overhead shooting game.

It is a simple game in which the player must control an orbital laser to prevent harm from coming to the VIPs (in blue squares) in the form of human threats (in red squares). Avoid killing the neutral humans, however, or else you may be 'retired'.

The year is 2174, and you have been ordered to function as an orbital sniper. In your world there's just three kinds of people: VIPs, dissidents and normal citizens. VIPs run the world: they must not come to harm. Dissidents must die. If a commoner or two gets wasted in progress, it'll count against you when your post ends. Protect the VIPs by assasinating threats with an orbital laser.

The game was originally created by Jari Komppa for the Ludum Dare 48-hour programming competition.

A typical game round lasts for about 4 minutes. It starts out easy, but gets rather nasty later on.

Official download website:
https://www.icculus.org/oes/

http://www.linuxlink...talEunuchs.html

Review

• Why eunnuchs and not call a Manchu a Manchu?
  • The menu screen's picture is not that of a Manchu, but probably from some South East Asian region like Siam...
Orbital-1.png
http://passionexubun...3/Orbital-1.png
http://passionexubun...4-12-04lts.html

OrbitalSniperCollage.gif
https://www.icculus....iperCollage.gif

Video

https://www.youtube....h?v=u0Cpe4i4Xb0
Official video by developper Jari Komppa

MUST SEE: READ THE GAME ONLY FOR THESE HINTS!

• The ruling [Washington] regime rely on an elite of collaborationists called VIP and its associated color is BLUE.
    Armed Forces (and so the police) are only here to protect them and the regime
  • The ruling [Washington] regime's policy is to kill all the subversives and their associated color is RED
  • The ruling [Washington] regime's policy to kill all the subversives is done through the use of orbital directed energy weaponry
  • Orbital directed energy weapons in the form of lasers must be crewed by "eunnuchs"; again implying Manchus...thus implying weapons and orbital platform originated from Manchukuo...

#11 Soheil

Soheil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:58 PM

Homefront

Homefront is a first-person shooter video game developed by Kaos Studios and published by THQ. The game tells the story of a resistance movement fighting in near-future against the military occupation of the Western United States by a unified Korea. It was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2011. After THQ's bankruptcy, the rights of the game were sold to Crytek who then sold the rights to Koch Media after restructuring their company. Deep Silver, a subsidiary of Koch Media have published the sequel Homefront: The Revolution.

Plot

Setting and backstory

Homefront is set in a dystopic United States, in the year 2027. The game's backstory dates back to the 2010s, where there are high tensions between North Korea and the global powers due to the country's military aggression, including its successful nuclear weapons test and the sinking of a South Korean ship.

In the year 2013, one year after the death of North Korean supreme leader Kim Jong Il, his son and successor, Kim Jong Un, reunites North and South Korea to form the Greater Korean Republic (GKR), a technological and economic global power that utilizes the military strength of the North and the economic strength of the South. By the year 2015, a war between Iran and Saudi Arabia, both becoming nuclear-armed states, devastated the global oil supply, causing gas prices to skyrocket, leaving many countries in debt and causing mass hysteria. This precipitates extreme economic turmoil and massive social unrest in the United States. Subsequently, in 2017, the U.S. military recalls much of its overseas presence, particularly in the Pacific. A year later, Japan, significantly weakened due to the diminishing of the U.S.-Japan Security Treaty, is easily conquered by the GKR and is annexed shortly thereafter, becoming the first GKR puppet state.

In 2022, conditions in the United States get worse with the collapse of the financial system and an Asian bird flu epidemic that claims six million lives, forcing the Mexican government to quarantine the country by setting up immigration quotas as the Asian bird flu continues throughout North America. By 2024, Korea's annexation has continued throughout Southeast Asia, including its emerging economic powers, giving the GKR an empire reminiscent of Imperial Japan. Finally, in 2025, the Greater Korean Republic launched a supposed advanced GPS satellite that would be a signal of peace, but is actually an orbital weapon that detonated a high-altitude nuclear device over the U.S., creating an EMP burst that wipes out much of the nation's electrical infrastructure. In the ensuing chaos, the Korean People's Army (KPA) launches an instant amphibious invasion, starting the Korean-American War. They seize control of Hawaii and much of the U.S. Pacific Coast. Korean paratroopers are deployed over the Midwestern United States, and with the U.S. military severely crippled and scattered, launches a final offensive to take control of the remaining states. However, the Americans were able to counterattack, leaving the Eastern States free, and effectively dividing the nation at the irradiated Mississippi River, with the Western states under GKR occupation, known as the 'New Korean Federation of Occupied America,' a puppet state of the GKR.

Story

In 2027, two years after Korean-American War and the beginning of the occupation, Robert Jacobs, a former U.S. Marine Corps combat helicopter pilot, is awakened in his apartment in Montrose, Colorado and ordered to a re-education camp in Alaska. Jacobs sees that the Korean troops have seized control of the town, taking potentially valuable residents into custody and executing resistors. However, the bus carrying Jacobs is ambushed by American resistance fighters Connor (a former Marine from North Carolina) and Rianna (a hunting expert from Colorado), who lead him to Oasis, a resistance hideout founded by local state patrolman Boone Karlson. Boone, Connor, and Rianna are aware of Jacobs's background as a pilot and recruit him to help recover fuel for the scattered U.S. military forces. Boone initiates the operation with himself, Jacobs, Connor, Rianna, and Hopper (a Korean-American technical expert from Oakland, California).

The group plans to steal several tracking beacons from a school used as a labor exchange facility, with the help of their "inside man" Arnie. These beacons are to be placed on fuel trucks so they can be tracked and hijacked. However, Arnie betrays the team in order to protect his children, forcing the team to kill him and eliminate all forces in the camp. They discover a mass grave in the school's baseball field and narrowly escape Korean reinforcements by hiding among the bodies.

The rebels continue their attacks on the KPA, assaulting an occupied discount warehouse store, where Jacobs, Connor, and Rianna succeed in locating the trucks and planting a beacon on one of them. They return to Oasis, only to find that Boone and all of the base's inhabitants have been discovered and killed by Korean troops. They also discover that the Korean People's Air Force are attacking a nearby town beyond the wall, as payback for the raid the night before. The group narrowly escape with other Colorado resistance fighters by breaching the walls enclosing the town.

The team has the information that a suitable helicopter is located in a survivalist encampment in Utah. As the residents of the camp are violent towards Koreans and Americans alike, the team infiltrates the camp and manages to steal the helicopter. They pursue and hijack the fuel convoy. With Jacobs providing air support, the team continues their trip to San Francisco, where they deliver their jet fuel to aid the U.S. military there.

The U.S. Armed Forces begin their West Coast counter-offensive by trying to retake San Francisco. They launch an assault from Marin County that succeeds in retaking most of the Golden Gate Bridge with ground personnel, AA guns, and fighter aircrafts, as the U.S. Navy reinforcements arrive. Nearing the San Francisco side of the bridge, the Americans find themselves outgunned by a massive KPA battalion. Although the ground forces have captured and reprogrammed the KPA ground-based air defenses, attaining air superiority for the U.S. Air Force, the American aircraft cannot identify where to strike due to the smoke, debris and confusion. Realizing that they are at a critical turning point, Connor lights a flare and advances on foot towards the enemy convoy and orders an air strike onto his own position, sacrificing himself to ensure that American ground forces can retake the city.

The news of the successful operation is reported by British and European media, with the Bay Area counter-attack proving to be a major turning point in America's guerrilla war against the GKR occupation. With San Francisco taken, many of the West Coast cities are returned to U.S. hands and the military launches a counter-offensive to take back the occupied states. With these victories, the EU Defense Council schedules an emergency meeting, declares war on the Greater Korean Republic, and begin planning an offensive to eradicate the KPA from the United States.

Development

Homefront's gameplay has been completely reworked from its origins in Frontlines: Fuel of War, focusing on a more cinematic, character-driven experience. David Votypka, the design director of Homefront, said that the gameplay would be based around guerrilla-style tactics and would be inspired by Half-Life 2. The same interview asserted the surroundings were designed to establish a connection with the user by using real companies and brands. The executive producer of the PC version of Homefront, Frank Delise, stated before release that the PC version of the game would feature exclusive content and dedicated servers. Additional exclusive features include clan support, DirectX 11 graphics, and first person vehicle cockpits.

The antagonists in Homefront were originally intended to be communist Chinese, but were later replaced by a unified Korea for two reasons: the risk of a possible backlash by the Chinese Ministry of Culture and the reality of economic interdependence between America and China that made the Chinese "not that scary," according to Tae Kim, a former CIA field agent and consultant on the game's backstory. Kim said, "We went to a very rigorous, academic research process to make sure to not only look at North Korea's current state but to look at historical examples how things could parallel and turn events. History repeats itself. From today to the day the invasion starts in the game, if you combine everything, the odds are very very slim this becomes true. But when you look at the storyline step by step, every step is a coin flip but a plausible step. So once you get there, it's plausible. And from there the next step is plausible as well. Even though the whole thing is fictional, it comes with plausible baby steps." While the story was billed as being written by John Milius, Gamasutra reported "most former employees credit Kaos writer C.J. Kershner with Homefront's script", claiming that Milius wrote not a single word however consulted with Kaos in the writing and direction of the story.

Controversies

The advertising for Homefront has simulated a declaration of war in mainstream websites and media, creating confusion amongst non-gamers. The nature and timing of the advertising created concern in the wake of the ROKS Cheonan sinking and the North Korean artillery strike on Yeonpyeong Island, causing mainstream media coverage of the advertising campaign. THQ has denied that the game was developed to piggyback off the tensions on the Korean peninsula, saying that "Homefront is a work of speculative fiction, set in the year 2027. Recent real-world events on the Korean peninsula are obviously tragic and, like everyone, we hope for a swift and peaceful resolution."

For its Japanese release, Homefront has been censored by removing all references to North Korea including pictures of then-North Korean leader Kim Jong Il. They are replaced by references to "A Certain Country to the North" (北の某国?) and the "Northern Leader" (北の指導者?). Spike, the game's Japanese/Asian publisher, justified the censorship, stating that to "use their real names would have been 'malicious' to an 'existing person' and an 'existing country.'"

THQ released 10,000 balloons near San Francisco as a publicity stunt during the Game Developers Conference, angering local environmentalists after balloons fell into San Francisco Bay. The game was banned in South Korea because of its depiction of a unified Korea under Northern rule.

https://en.wikipedia...nt_(video_game)

The English follow the principle that when one lies, it should be a big lie, and one should stick to it.
-Joseph Goebbels

According to the above quote, the Pax Americana's imperialists used to start their heinous warmongering campaign decades before their overt phase of assault, such as in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria or Ukraine.
In this case, the video game "Homefront" was released in 2011. Sharpening of viligance is thus urged as the U.S. Proxy War on Korea seems inevitable by 2022!

MUST SEE: PLAY THE GAME ONLY FOR THESE HINTS!

• North Korea knows that the Pax Americana is only a Colossus with Feet of Clay. The vulnerability of the U.S. space assets makes it a sitting duck.
    A preemptive anti-satellite strike by North Korea is made possible with the launch of weapons presented as GPS satellites.
    The use of EMP optimized nuclear warheads can effectively destroy enough of the U.S. 20,000 mindcontrol satellites to the point the imperialists would no longer be able to mindcontrol even a fly!
  • Extremely graphic and heinous scenes revealing the ulterior motives of the U.S. in its unrestricted hate campaign against North Korea and banalising war crimes: American civilians buried in some mass graves, the others held in concentration camps; executions of Korean POWs, enslavement of Korean POWs, scene of beheaded Korean POWs, field of impaled Korean POW's heads, mass hanging of Korean POWs.
  • American terrorists using white phosphorus weapons against Korean Army, burning friends and foes alike
  • Korean Army using shoulder-fired EMP weapons, able to disable vehicles
image031.jpg
http://img1.gamersky..._3/image031.jpg
http://www.gamersky..../171537_4.shtml
Mass graves of American civilian

image004.jpg
http://img1.gamersky..._2/image004.jpg
http://www.gamersky..../171537_5.shtml
Use of white phosphorus by American terrorists

image005.jpg
http://img1.gamersky..._2/image005.jpg
http://www.gamersky..../171537_5.shtml
Foes and friends alike, burning alive under the white phosphorus weapon used by American terrorists

image014.jpg
http://img1.gamersky..._2/image014.jpg
http://www.gamersky..../171537_6.shtml
Korean Army using shoulder-fired EMP weapons, able to disable enemy vehicles

image044.jpg
http://img1.gamersky..._5/image044.jpg
http://www.gamersky....171537_10.shtml
American terrorists commiting war crimes: hanging of Korean POWs

image046.jpg
http://img1.gamersky..._5/image046.jpg
American terrorists commiting war crimes: execution of Korean POWs

image047.jpg
http://img1.gamersky..._5/image047.jpg
American terrorists commiting war crimes: enslavement of Korean POWs

image057.jpg
http://img1.gamersky..._5/image057.jpg
http://www.gamersky....171537_11.shtml
American terrorists commiting war crimes: mass execution of Korean POWs by hanging

:scared: :scared: :scared:
:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

Edited by Soheil, 28 September 2016 - 10:06 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video game, zombie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Pravda.Ru