Photo

How the U.S. frees the Iraqi people

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_twonkenn_*

Guest_twonkenn_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2003 - 06:48 AM

To the poster who hopes there are alot of anti's out there....guess again. Truth is, 70% of Americans support the war. Most of the protestors are made up of dumba**, under 21, students who haven't figured out what to do with a hard-on....either that or they have nothing better to do since Jerry died. America is made up of far more people than those that live in the Bay Area. We support our troops and believe in our system of democracy. Therefore, I'd rather die than not have the Julie's of the US be able to speak their mind. This is why we fight today. We believe everyone deserves that right.

I'm not so ignorant to say that I believe everything the government tells me...far from it. But what I do know is that the people of this country are far more benevolent than any other in the world. Can you just imagine what the world would be like if China or Soviet Russia were in charge....Nazi Germany...Saddam Hussein....the French?

So we bear the burden of being the most powerful nation on the planet. We are required to be it's police force. This is not a choice. If we don't, no one will. Every madman on the planet would have the ability to do whatever they wish.

In fact, everyone on this forum has the United States to thank for that right. If we had not been proactive after the last great war, communism would have spread like wildfire and Stalin would be viewed as a hero. But I digress.

For every mistake the US has made (and there have been many), there have been far more acts of humanitarianism. This will not end...ever. We will never close off our borders to the people of the world who wish to live in a free society.

War is awful. I hate it too. But sometimes war is necessary and unavoidable. Saddam wasn't simply going to disappear and neither were his bastard sons. Saddam is a boy scout compared to those sumbitches. The spiral would have continued to get worse as time went on.

#22 usa_resident

usa_resident

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2612 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 08:13 AM

Multiply this by over one million and you have what we KNOW Saddam Hussein has done for no other reason than to grab power.

What you've done is one-sided hate mongering. You know very well that the coalition attempts to avoid this horror and the we are trying to put an end to this and what could be MUCH worse.

I question everything you profess youself to be.

#23 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 01:26 PM

The war in Iraq could last months and require considerable US military reinforcements to assure a victory, the Washington Post reported Thursday, quoting unnamed senior US military officials.

#24 toby

toby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 01:52 PM

Police the world? Do people really swallow that hogwash?

If America is bearing the responsibiliity of being the most powerful nation in the world (what a hardship..) and policing the world, why is it currently in DIRECT contravention of the UN? Why has it never lifted a finger to stop the atrocities in Israel? Why does it hold enemy prisoners of war in cages? Why did it arm the Taliban and train Osama? Why did it supply weapons to both sides in the Iran Iraq war?

If a policeman ignored the orders of his superiors, walked past someone being raped, handed out guns in the street and then shot the first person who he suspected might use it..would you consider him a good officer? I might accept that America is the world's vigilante - but that's not quite so honourable.

And if America is policing the world, how come nothing has ever got better as a result of US intervention? Afghanistan had years of horrific rule under the Taliban, which the US put in power. It now has total anarchy after the US removed the same government it helped to take over. The recent assassination of the Serbian Prime Minister shows that the whole Kosovo thing didn't make any difference, and Vietnam, and Korea, well that's all gone swimmingly since it was 'policed' huh?

I'm sorry. But if the American government is good, then it's stupid. And if it's not stupid, then it cannot be good.

You choose.

#25 usa_resident

usa_resident

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2612 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 03:12 PM

You've addressed many issues. I'll talk about Israel.

There's a simple answer to the whole problem - offer Israel Peace!

Look at what Anwar Sadat did, after attempting to destroy Israel multiple times, he offered to live in peace with them. He got the land back lost trying to kill the Israelis and they have lived in peace for almost 30 years without the "Israeli aggression".

The message sent was clear. The Jews have as much right to live there as anyone, and the Arabs must accept that. Agree to simply live with them, and you'll get the land back, and peace in return.

The Arabs need to take a hard look at themselves and quit feeling sorry for themselves.

Arafat was offered peace at camp David just a few years ago. He rejected it.

The Palestinians did this to themselves.

#26 toby

toby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 03:28 PM

Are you serious?! Just take a look at the map of Israel as originally agreed, and the map today. So is your argument 'look you arab saps, they stole your land, get over it'. Nice argument. I must pass that on to my friend whose father lost all his land twenty years ago to the Israeli invasion. I'm sure they will be relieved to hear the answer is so simple.

#27 Guns22

Guns22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 05:53 PM

I'm sorry the ignorance level on this forum is scary.

Have you seen the LIVE video of iraqis greeting us?

How about the news of a possible revolt in basara.

Or maybe the reports of Fadyene (is that right?) taking familys hostage, so the men fight?

Some may not be true, but even if one is true we are right to be here.

We are not targeting Civilians, We are after saddam and his crazy henchmen.

Anyone see the pro war rallys in Kuwait?

Oh did you guys know that the IRAQI POWs are getting more food and medicine now then they ever did before.

How about the fact most iraqis hate saddam?

If Bush started killing people in our country, and doing things saddam does.

I would PRAY for countries to liberate us.

But since you all have no back bone it would not happen.

By the way Chemical ALI admited to gassing his own people.

Iraq is not limited to mustard gas, they have VX and i believe Sarin.

What about the scud launched at innocent civilians in isreal?

Oh and the isreal comment.

Do you know the story? After isreal was created.
Arab countries invaded it. Isreal kicked there asses.
If they hold some arab countries land GOOD. They were attacked.

I in no way Back Isreal, i believe we should stop backing them, for they are just as wrong as palenstines.

But they have a right to gain land from a war

#28 Neo

Neo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 06:07 PM

I lost friends on 9/11.

I HOPE that Iraq is ONLY the beginning. Ask the Japanese what happened to them when they f*cked with us 52 years ago.

What confuses me is WHY doesn't the Arab world protest repressive regimes like Saddams? He's been killing arabs for years.

And the Palestinians? Arabs don't give a shit about Palestinians. It's only an excuse to f*ck with the Jews.

Tribal mentalities. What a f*cking waste of time.

#29 Guns22

Guns22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 06:29 PM

The problem is the majority of Arabs are not well educated people ( no offense ment)

They believe this war is about islam, not saddam.

The educated arabs understand this war.

the educated americans understand the war, its the dumb *** hippies who are againts it.

If iraq uses chemical weapons on us. I saw he nuke Paris WOOt lol

#30 Katyusha

Katyusha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 06:32 PM

Iraq did not attack you, moron.

Your neocon war is the same as Hitler's invasion of Russia to grab oil and spread the currency. You army and your mega-welfare state go together.

#31 toby

toby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 08:07 PM

God. It's truly frightening how propagandised people can be. Faced with people like guns and neo, who clearly lap up every piece of misinformation and have never formulated an original thought in their lives, should I laugh or cry? Once the intellectual heavyweights like this weigh in there is not much point continuing the discussion.

God help us all.

#32 Guns22

Guns22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 09:02 PM

Toby, I am by far not a progranda lap dog.

It is you who suck up all the Anti war Proporganda.

NOt I

Sure there is propoganda, and Spin on both sides of the arguement.

But this war is just. If only to save these humans from what saddam can and will do.

You know because of saddam, countries like Kuwait and Isreal, know in the back of there minds a missle can come crashing into there neighborhood at any min.

Protestors dont bother me, for We are fighting to keep the rights of those protestors, to be able to protest.

The protesters that target Military people, should be shot.
It is not the Grunt on the fields decsion to fight, he is just following orders.
Lawful orders.

#33 Guns22

Guns22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 09:04 PM

By the way, I always make my own opinions after researching the facts from both sides.

65 years ago, if we decided to oust Hitler before he became to powerful, you would be protesting it.

Even if you knew what hitler would do in the coming decade.

Please Please PLEASE get the facts straight

#34 SmallMind

SmallMind

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 09:09 PM

Facts? hows about this.

:) Did you expect other wise?

No democracy for Iraq

US Secretary of State Colin Powell has said that a military administration headed by US Army General Tommy Franks would rule post war Iraq. This comes at a time when popular world opinion is strongly against growing American involvement in regional affairs. Powell's statement is in marked contrast to the earlier US rhetoric about democracy and liberation that was delivered as a means to justify the attack on Iraq. However, this comes as little surprise for the people of Iraq and others in the know-how of geopolitics, given the century old Western policy of preventing democracy in Iraq and the rest of the Arab world.

#35 usa_resident

usa_resident

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2612 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 09:14 PM

I believe the US was right to take action to remove Saddam Hussein since the UN has no procedures to remove a gov't no matter how horrid it is.

The current rule states in effect:

"You can kill as much as you want in the privacy of your own country - in the name of world peace that is."

You could also read that UN rule:
"We reserve the right to kill our people too in order stay in power without fear of outside interference."

It is VERY IMPORTANT however that the UN be put back in charge as soon as possible so that there is NO QUESTION about US conquests.

#36 Guest_twonkenn_*

Guest_twonkenn_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2003 - 09:28 PM

SimpleMind...Why is it that you conveniently leave out the rest of the statement? You know, the part about having a 3-month administration so that uprisings, looting, and humanitarian aid attacks are thwarted?

Oh yeah, it doesn't serve your brand of propaganda.

In the end, the UN will end up administering Iraq.

#37 toby

toby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 10:26 PM

Guns - in case you haven't learnt about that part of history in High School yet, the West never did declare war on Hitler as a result of his treatment of the Jews. War was only declared when he invaded Poland - much like the last war was only declared on Iraq when it invaded our ally Kuwait. Until then, no one seemed to care much about Saddam's atrocities. In fact, both our governments were still signing export licenses allowing western firms to build chemical weapons establishments in Iraq. America was even more behind hand with joining WWII, in spite of the fact that by then the Endlosung was in full swing, and only joined the war when it was attacked by another country entirely.

If I believed that the motives of the co-belligerents in this war contained even ONE humane element, I would support this war. However, since the timing and tactics suggest the exact opposite, I can see only hypocrisy and expediency - neither of which is desirable in a government.

Anyone who bases an entire world view on two (rather twisted) facts, and tells me I am lapping up anti-war propaganda is in a rather difficult dialectical corner. I assume you are young. With time you will learn that what you see on Fox TV is not necessarily the entire picture.

I don't blame you for your views, but I worry for you and all like you.

#38 Guns22

Guns22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 10:49 PM

Buddy i am by far outa highschool

#39 lenin

lenin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 10:55 PM

The future children of Iraq will not see deliberate acts by the Iraqi regime. I agree the pictures are sad; but not deliberate. Nonetheless, it si still tragic.

However, Saddam cuts out tongues, gases them, places them in acid tanks, etc.....get the picture.

The American's do know there will be awful events happen.....Awful events have happened in each war the American's and other countries have been involved in to liberate countries from ruthless rulers such as Saddam.

No Bush wil not burn in hell for this.....He will be remembered as a liberator to the Iraqi people before this conflict is settled.

#40 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2003 - 10:56 PM

Hi
Bastard Jeff. You mother ****er asshole. Don't invent stories? Just go and lick nasty *** of your goddamn Butcher Bush.

I see you in hell. You bastard!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru