Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Bush

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

Poll: right or not? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

right or not?

1. yes (23 votes [28.40%])

Percentage of vote: 28.40%

2. no (58 votes [71.60%])

Percentage of vote: 71.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:25 AM

What I hoped came across in my statements was my deep and utter disgust for George Bush. If that was missing then I've failed.

#82 Gaddock

Gaddock

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2960 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:37 AM

Platykitten,
Ok so ...... your opinion is duly noted. With that being said.

I repeat ....... what the F@#$% do you know of American politics ........ NOTHING!

So you hate BUSH ...... OK Then .... say it again & again.

BUT

What is the ALTERNATIVE ??????????

Take A stab at that and stop boring me with rhetoric.

#83 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 03:06 AM

No, I did NOT say "hate", I said "disgust". You can get out that pocket dictionary and look up the difference!

I have disgust for Bush because he stood up in front of the world and lied! If you refuse to believe even that possibility, then I'm not wasting my time engaging in debate with you.

It's not up to me to tell the people of the US who to vote for and who not to vote for. When Bush came into power, I, along with most of the people I know, felt that again the people of the United States had been sold a puppy....now look at the mongrel that it has become.

Under the barest of pretexts he authorised the invasion of Iraq. If you can't grasp that paradigm, then again I am not going to waste my time.

#84 Gil Hughes

Gil Hughes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 03:12 AM

Whats worse he sucked your leadership in as well.

The really dissapointed Canada as did The British.

I don,t think Tony is to bright.

Oh well were still all in the Commonwealth

#85 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 03:25 AM

Blindly following US foreign policy has been an entrenched fact of Australian political life since the Second World War. Before that, we blindly followed UK foreign policy.

It is the outcome of living in the Pacific Ocean, seemingly surrounded by hostile forces poised to invade us any day! Of course, the New Zealanders will come to our aid, but their military might be on holiday when it happens <g>. We have had some governments who attempted strong friendships with our neighbours, but this current mob think that Mahathir and suchlike should still be ironing their shirts or working on rubber plantations!

Anyway, they blindly follow Shrubya because they think that if, in the unlikely event that we are invaded, but by who they aren't sure, the US will send a posse to rescue us. HAH! HAH! If by doing so it furthers US interests, they might!

#86 Gaddock

Gaddock

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2960 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 12:26 PM

Kat,

You wrote ....... "Blindly following US foreign policy has been an entrenched fact of Australian political life since the Second World War. Before that, we blindly followed UK foreign policy."
That's called LOYALTY to a long time ally. What if your brother was in a bar fight over who got the last shrimp on the barbi? He was wrong, and he started the fight. You would be there for him through thick and thin ..... RIGHT? Kind of like we were there for you in WW2. What interest did we have in stopping the Japs invading desolate Ausi land? NONE but you are and were our ally. You can bet your last Ausi buck (whatever you call them) that if Ausi land was in trouble, we the American people would be there for you right or wrong.
OK so you have a deep disdain for Bush ....OK If you knew anything about American politics you would understand why he was voted in. Please don't spew anymore of this "how could the American people have let the world down by voting Bush into office" cow hockey

and GIL,
Why cant you answer my question? Lets analyze your backyard just a wee bit.

I'll try again .........

The entire world was watching as the Canadians voted the French in office again! How could you have done it????? HOW COULD YOU CANADIANS HAVE LET THE WORLD DOWN AGAIN??? Why o why o why. Don't the French only compose 20% of your population? I just cant believe they (the Canadians) did it. I know nothing about Canadian politics but this is a good place to cry.

Do I sound like someone we know? you guessed it! that was my Gil the Donkey imitation :)

Please bring forth opinions but stop boring me with redundant rhetorical COW HOCKEY!

#87 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:32 PM

A long time ally? You silly child - The US would treat us exactly the same as the UK did when we were in imminent danger of Japanese invasion in WWII...it not only told us to go it alone, but it tried to keep OUR troops away from defending Australia to defend English interests!!

You know nothing....and the tragedy is that you are so self-satisfied with your pampered place in the world, that you don't want to know anything....

#88 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:34 PM

And another thing, you tragically ill-informed juvenile....I have never eaten a bbq'd shrimp in my life...this was an advertising construct. However, life can be driven by "art"...there are now several recipes for bbq'd shrimp! I'll stick to the steak, chops and sausages...even if they are burnt! LOL

#89 Gaddock

Gaddock

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2960 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:05 PM

Ahhhh playkitten,
Now to the hardball ......... we strike a nerve by not letting your cow hockey go unchecked?

Like it or not your country is one of our closest allies.

You wrote..............." you tragically ill-informed juvenile"

Oh ouch! that hurts, not ...... I so wish that were true, to be young and stupid again. I would give every penny I have for just a week of it.

You wrote ........"The US would treat us exactly the same as the UK did when we were in imminent danger "

It must suck being you. What else can I say.

Fact is we would fight for your country.
Oh yes by the way ....... ever been in the military?
When I was in fact a "tragically ill-informed juvenile" I was humping it in the jungles of SA to stop our commie friends from taking over. UUuuraaa, shot at and been shot at. Lots of fun but the food was terrible and the pay sucked.

Were you whining then to?
You know what every soldier I ever heard talk about your military said it was a pleasure to serve with them as they are our brothers in arms.
A concept you clearly cant understand!!!!!, a pity.
What a bummer it must be to be you.

#90 Gaddock

Gaddock

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2960 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:54 PM

Oh Yeah PlayPitty, (I think it works much better than kitty)

I just cant let this one go either :) Your really starting to amuse me now.

you wrote ..."You know nothing....and the tragedy is that you are so self-satisfied with your pampered place in the world, that you don't want to know anything...."

Ok Kat one more time now ............

"You know nothing"

"self-satisfied with your pampered place in the world"

That would at first sight appear as an insult thrown my way. But after further analysis it would appear that you are speaking of Americans in general.
So ...... after all, your disdain would appear to not only be with President Bush but the America people in general. Your true colors finally spewed forth. Feel better? Was that kind of like lancing a boil for you. I only wish it would not have been so hard to drag your real feelings out. As I said you were starting to bore me again.
Poor Kat ... you sound all flustered to me as well. But that's OK. We don't take you seriously anyway. :)
Taa taa for now

#91 Gil Hughes

Gil Hughes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:19 PM

Gaddock-----------

Its this simple. There are 31.000.000 people in Canada. The majority live in Ontario and Quebec.

The Western Provinces ( like states) number only 4 including British Columbia where I live.The population is smaller by approx. 5 or 6 million. Everytime there is an election we vote conservative!

The big numbers including Quebec vote Liberal--- What would you expect from a Frenchman. The last 3 Prime Ministers have been French or resident in Quebec. They were able to manuver many Francaphones ( Frenchman) into positions of power. This enabled them to screw over the West every chance they got.

There has been lots of press about Western Alienation and also Western seperation. The west has a much closer relationship with the US than eastern Canada,

There is over 50% here for the Gulf War but that doesn,t even register in Ottawa the Canadian Capital.

We have all the Canadian Oil reserves BC offshore and Alberta are 2nd only to Saudi Arabia would you believe Iraq is 3rd.

We have 15% of the worlds diamonds as well.

Ottawa has been a negative factor in Western development because they know we have more potential financially than the east. He who has the Gold makes the rules. Thats the last thing that they want.

Western Canada is a little like Texas particularly Alberta.

The Trade between Canada and the US is the biggest in the World bar none.

What we have to do and we may this fall when there is a change of leadership in Canada is to have much better relations between Ottawa and the West also the USA.

For what its worth I have dual citizenship.
Mother born in Portlant ORE
Daughter US Citizen and married to US Citizen a gulf war #1 Vet
Sister selling real estate in california also US citizen

Why am I in Canada MONEY I am doing much better personally than I ever could in the US. I started out here in Law Enforcement
and have no use for the Left wing of anything.

I believe in law and order but not the erosion of personal freedoms for any reason including 9/11. I am sure the US won,t get caught with its pants down again and this doesn,t require take away the rights American patriots fought so hard for over the years.

There hasn,r been a Terrorist attack in almost 2 years. Believe me its not because it isn,t possibe but more that the ****bags know that they will be hunted down and killed!

#92 Gaddock

Gaddock

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2960 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:42 PM

Wow ....... Gil ......... Im stunned!

I could not have said it better. BROVO!

So ............... why have we had such a rather bitter relationship on this board?

Im not looking back.

Best regards

#93 Gil Hughes

Gil Hughes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 02:02 AM

Gaddock I sometimes reply for effect. I like to have an idea what people are made of. I hate weakness

#94 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 07:08 AM

You three certainly have a high opinion of yourselves...pity I can't share it!

#95 inside bush

inside bush

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 07:31 AM

Ceterum censeo Bushum esse delendam!

#96 inside bush

inside bush

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 08:40 AM

Breme - NO, but...........no war and less corrupt!

Platy et al.
Didn't you notice, you are at Bush propaganda page. At least that's what the New York Times things. No No NO, the author is still a wealthy staff righter.

#97 Gaddock

Gaddock

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2960 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 12:18 PM

Dearest PlattyPitty,
You have really turned out to be quite a disappointment. I thought you had a stronger constitution. But I certainly can admit it when I am wrong. So , I admit it .... I was wrong about you.

Lets examine your cycle .....

1) Emotional ranting thinly disguise at fact ........ You get called on them and then....

2) Emotional ranting simply as emotional ranting........called on them as well.....

4) Emotional ranting mixed with anger......stones are thrown back and then......

5) Emotional ranting where your true feelings come out.......Bravo plattypity!

6) Emotional ranting mixed with insults..........disappointing

7) Simple insults......... very disappointing and worse than that BORING

It would appear that the one consistent element in your posts ...... emotional rant. Not to include the petty insults.

Lets see how accurate this cycle is next time you are asked to back up your anti American sentiment with facts.
Or you could simply be honest.

#98 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 11:56 PM

My goodness, I certainly raised the ire of you boys! Now I wonder what I did right.

Sweetie, I have more to do with my time than engage in fripperies with silly boys. However, I've got a few minutes before I have to get ready to go out. Let me just think about all of your posts....

Mind-reading - You talk about my state of mind and emotional equilibrium. Quite a clever trick, except that you get it wrong LOL

Accusing me of anti-Americanism - another outstanding analysis of my discourse, however, once again - wrong.

I think I've already covered "boring".

Putting your skewed interpretation upon my posts and presenting such interpretation as "fact"! Another trick but it wouldn't even fool a third-grader!

As for my constitution, perhaps I am getting more lenient in my old age, but don't count on it!

#99 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 12:01 AM

Oh! and by the way...I much prefer the Harvard system than the Oxford System!

#100 Gaddock

Gaddock

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2960 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 12:20 AM

My Dearest Platypitty,
I know you using the words like "boys" and "juvenile" to you is some sort of insult. However, at my age that is the equivalent of being carded for buying alcohol...heehee...... so I graciously thank you.

You wrote ..... "You talk about my state of mind and emotional equilibrium. Quite a clever trick, except that you get it wrong LOL"

And who's fault is that? when multiple people read your comments the same way isn't it a bit obvious that you could more effectively communicate your real meaning?...... still a mystery as it changes each post.

I repeat .................

"you wrote ..."You know nothing....and the tragedy is that you are so self-satisfied with your pampered place in the world, that you don't want to know anything...."

Ok Kat one more time now ............

"You know nothing"

"self-satisfied with your pampered place in the world"

That would at first sight appear as an insult thrown my way. But after further analysis it would appear that you are speaking of Americans in general.
So ...... after all, your disdain would appear to not only be with President Bush but the America people in general. Your true colors finally spewed forth. Feel better? Was that kind of like lancing a boil for you. I only wish it would not have been so hard to drag your real feelings out. As I said you were starting to bore me again."

So Kitty ........... please then correct me. Your comments seem pretty understandable to us "juveniles" Could you please rephrase?

You wrote ....... "I think I've already covered "boring"." ................Have you? hmmmm ..... OK then.

You wrote ..... "Putting your skewed interpretation upon my posts and presenting such interpretation as "fact"! Another trick but it wouldn't even fool a third-grader!"

For Gods sake Kitty ........... then you ARE NOT GETTING YOUR POINT across effectively.

The only reason I even bother posting comments to you is your perceived anti American BS (B u l l s h i &) that is so entirely prevalent on this BB.

Please don't waffle on us then ........ sum up your feeling in plain understandable English and put this "puppy" to bed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru