• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 03:39 PM

If I were you, I'd be writing my Congressmen; Senator and Rep.

I'd just say the situation is reportedly very messy and the US is looking like its priorities are all messed up. The whole thing looks very haphazard and unprofessional.

#22 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 03:41 PM

uglybastard - you're on ignore.

You're like a Beavis and Butthead of Pravdachat and you don't give a rat's arse about people.

You cannot and will not be taken seriously.

#23 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 03:45 PM

Politicians are reactionary. All you need do is point to the
situation with lots of evidence that events seem to be spinning out of control.

There is no glory in a win with so much innocent suffering. The media is helping you make that point. Meanwhile, the State and Defence Departments are arguing about jurisdiction.

#24 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 03:50 PM

The US is going to be extremely sensitive to criticism on this.

And rightly so.

#25 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 04:01 PM

The situation could straighten out in a big hurry and the media may even be behind the progress being made. Any complaint should keep that in mind, even with the speed of the internet to get the situation out. But this hospital situation is now one of the BBC's leaders on Iraq.

#26 Guest_CaptainAmerica_*

Guest_CaptainAmerica_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2003 - 04:13 PM

All right, all ready UB... we get the message.....

Canada doesn't do squat but nit pick at Americans. Haven't you figured that out by now?:confused: Take Viggy for example. He's Canadian. As you said....useless.

Let the Americans do it....Canada is too far away (hehehehehe) Canada can't fight, they can't defend, they can't help, they can only complain. Hey, come to think about it though....if you were Canadian, you'd be bitching too. Canada would not be half bad if it weren't for all those Canadians living there. hehehehehehe.......

That's the nature of the Canadian beast. Useless lil' bit**es. Wah wah wah....

It's great to be an American from the USA!!! Rock on!! We'll take care of Canada....somebody has to.

#27 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 04:15 PM

You too are on ignore.

2 Triflers: uglybastard and CaptainAmerica.

lighweights.

#28 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 04:21 PM

2003-04-08 18:53 * RUSSIA * FOREIGN-MINISTRY * CANADA * IRAQ *

RUSSIAN DEPUTY FOREIGN MINISTER, CANADIAN AMBASSADOR VOICE CONCERN OVER IMPENDING HUMANITARIAN CATASTROPHE IN IRAQ

MOSCOW, APRIL 8 /from RIA Novosti's Christina Rodriguez/ - Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Georgy Mamedov and Canadian Ambassador in Moscow Rodney Irwin have voiced concern over a heavy casualty toll and large-scale destruction caused by the war in Iraq. They held a meeting on Tuesday.

The sides also expressed apprehension for an impending humanitarian crisis in Iraq, the Russian foreign ministry's press department has told RIA Novosti.

Moscow and Ottawa have opined that the United Nations should play an important role in the post-war settlement in Iraq, said the ministry. At the same time, they gave a high appraisal of their routine contacts with the United States and other countries engaged in the Iraqi crisis.

Apart from that, Messrs Mamedov and Irwin discussed the situation surrounding the Korean peninsula. They reiterated their countries' commitment to peaceful means of resolving the problem and to strict compliance with the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.

When discussing arrangements for a summit in Evian, France, on June 1-3 2003, the conferees noted dynamism of Russo-Canadian contacts. The two countries have been actively implementing the programme of Global Partnership Against the Proliferation of Weapons and Materials of Mass Destruction that was adopted at the previous G8 summit at Kananaskis.

They also touched on top-priority issues related to further Russo-Canadian political dialogue and to the intensification of bilateral economic contacts

#29 uglybastard

uglybastard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 04:23 PM

I think it's a critical point that isn't talked about.

We all know that if a man is capable of saving someone, but sits back and watches them die, that is an act of evil.

If a nation is capable of saving people, but does nothing, I believe that nation is evil.

canada is rich and has tons of doctors and medical supplies. If it steps up, it could save thousands.

If it doesn't step up, canada is evil.

Is there something wrong with my argument?

#30 Guest_CaptainAmerica_*

Guest_CaptainAmerica_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2003 - 04:28 PM

Oh No!:eek:

Viggy's ignoring me!!!

I feel another Viggy letter to the moderator coming on!! Something like.......

"Wah wah wah.... I was just minding my business, bashing and insulting Americans and that mean old CaptainAmerica started saying mean things about Canada and Canadians. Not fair! He isn't supposed to say negative things about Canada. He is supposed to say negative things about the US, like I do. He isn't supposed to fight back with a Canadian. Everyone knows we are not capable of defending ourselves. Big old American bully. I am going to leave this forum. I mean it. For real this time. Don't try to stop me. I'm leaving this time. Really. Booo hooo"

You can dish it out so well yet take it so poorly, Vigster. Bad form.

Pout, pout, pout :(
..... go take a nap sonny. Uncle Captain America will be here when you wake up.

PS..... Dear Spelling Cop Viggy.....thanks for putting the "too" of us on ignore.:P

#31 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 04:29 PM

Pardon me? I can't hear you. You're on ignore. Ignore is my buddy.

#32 uglybastard

uglybastard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 04:34 PM

viggy called someone a 'twat'. I think it was python.

#33 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 04:40 PM

08.04.2003 12:40:01
Some 190 wounded Iraqi children to receive treatment in Russia
MOSCOW. April 8 (Interfax) - Some 190 wounded Iraqi children may be brought to Russia shortly for treatment and rehabilitation, the Russian center of cooperation with Iraq told Interfax on Tuesday.

For this purpose the center is arranging several charter flights through Jordan.

Wards have been prepared at three hospitals in Moscow and its environs for children wounded in the war in Iraq. [RU EUROPE EEU EMRG HEA IQ MEAST VIO] ml aw <>

#34 uglybastard

uglybastard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 04:44 PM

Why doesn't canada do anything about this humanitarian crisis?

Is canada evil, viggy?

#35 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 05:00 PM

Good work, dolphin!

Applause applause applause.

For every letter a politician gets, there is a statistically valid way of correlating general public concern about the same issue.

#36 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 05:09 PM

This kind of work assures the priority stays with winning the hearts and minds of the Iraqis. What could be more straightforward than that?

#37 uglybastard

uglybastard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 05:10 PM

So the US has to do it all? Again?

I knew we would, I was just trying to make a point.

To do nothing in the face of evil is an act of evil.

#38 Floatingsky

Floatingsky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 05:13 PM

Hey Sweetness,

"Excellent. Warner is my Senator. I wonder if he can take himself away from interviews long enough to read his e-mail."

Is he the guy who changed Virginia is for lovers to Virginia is for business?

#39 uglybastard

uglybastard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 05:29 PM

What message did you email?

#40 uglybastard

uglybastard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts