• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 uglybastard

uglybastard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 06:37 PM

Yes, if he got 8,000 emails all the same.

But what are the odds we all have the same representatives?

Thanks.

#42 Floatingsky

Floatingsky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 07:28 PM

TC "Gunner, Email, Congressman"

Loader "Up!"

Gunner "On the way!"

Whole crew closes eyes.

As you guys should all know by now, to me this is all about the children.

#43 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 07:46 PM

Safety fears stem flow of humanitarian aid

The flow of humanitarian aid into Iraq has reduced to a trickle amid fears the Umm Qasr port is still not safe for cargo ships.

Insurers like Lloyd's of London are reluctant to issue cover to international aid organisations 10 days after the supply ship RFA Sir Galahad arrived.

RFA Sir Percivale became only the second ship to dock at the town's huge port complex. It brought 300 tonnes of aid - including fresh water, dried food and medical supplies.

Sir Galahad was also at the quayside, having brought more aid to southern Iraq on Monday. Both cargoes were gifts from Kuwait. The only other ship scheduled to dock in the next seven days is a similar medium-sized Spanish vessel.

Lieutenant Colonel Paul Ash, commanding officer of 17 Port and Maritime Regiment, said: "The international aid is taking time to arrive. The insurance the aid organisations are being asked to pay may be disproportionate to normal routes.

"There is obviously concern among the international shipping community, but as far as we are concerned the port is safe."

The port - the only deep water facility in Iraq - has not been dredged for three weeks and the build-up of silt is also stopping larger ships. More than 150 local workers are now employed at the port and are being paid 25 US cents a day.

Lt Col Ash said: "There is work to be done to open up more channels, but we are working continuously to do this so that we are ready to receive the bigger humanitarian aid ships when they do arrive."

There are other problems delaying the delivery of significant aid. Huge amounts of grain are ready to flow into the region from the World Food Programme, but even if it arrives at the port, the only major mill in southern Iraq is in Basra, where fighting continues, and there are also fears the facility will be sabotaged.

Now there are plans to grind the grain in Kuwait and bring it over the border by land - a lengthy and costly process. A water pipeline opened last week in Umm Qasr to alleviate the shortage of drinking water.

Story filed: 11:29 Tuesday 8th April 2003

Ship transport is orders of magnitude cheaper than air cargo.

Such are the practicalities.

#44 uglybastard

uglybastard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 07:47 PM

I sent it.

Thanks.

But I still think the shiftless canadias should get off thier fat asses and do something.

It's not like we aren't busy.

#45 Guest_CaptainAmerica_*

Guest_CaptainAmerica_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2003 - 07:55 PM

Here you go Dolphinsong...I hope this helps.

Dear ,

As a concerned citizen, I am disheartened by the current health crisis that is looming in Iraq. Your attention to this matter is crucial.

For the past few days, various media sources have been reporting the following:

Mr Huguenin-Benjamin told the BBC, in one of Baghdad's hospitals doctors carried out 60 serious operations in one day. Doctors were exhausted and drug supplies, particularly anesthetics, were running low.

And since we cannot really depend on any other nation to be our "brothers keeper" it is yet again necessary the we, as Americans, take the high road and address these issues. Perhaps it will divert our attentions from all of the anti-Americans who are sitting on their useless hands, doing nothing but bad-mouthing the US.

I am particularly concerned about the children over there. The children of today are the terrorists of tomorrow you know. We need to see that they are healthy and well educated. Nothing is worse than a skinny, illiterate terrorist.

Thank you,
Captain America

#46 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 08:11 PM

http://www.reliefweb...Iraq

see update here............

I am in Alliance Party country. The Canadian Alliance Party is still ragging on the government for not supporting the war. This is where their head's at, not in aid. Nevertheless, I will write.

#47 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 08:25 PM

Dear Prime Minister;

It is distressing to watch international politicians scrapping
while insurers refuse to cover aid ships bound for Um Qasar
and two airports are open in Baghdad while no aid shipments
are arriving that way.

Russia, for example, has tons of aid sitting in Iran doing nothing.
Americans told Iraqis to stay home.....and they are. Why is this
aid not immediately directed to Baghdad?

Please help direct public attention to the innocent victims of
this war. Every day counts for them. We westerners have all
kinds of time to argue.....later. First things first.

Sincerely;
Viggy
Calgary

#48 Simon666

Simon666

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1739 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 11:58 AM

"If canada had any balls at all it would load up their C130s and fly straight to Iraq to relieve the situation. canada is gutless."

Friday night: Canada loads C130 and leaves off
Saturday morning 7 AM : Canadian C130 is shot down by Patriot
Saturday morning 8 AM : America claims huge succes, first Iraqi airplane shot down
Saturday morning 9 AM : Canadian prime minister pissed, claims C130 shot down
Saturday morning 10 AM : America acknowledges mistake, claims due to "fog of war"

#49 pilot

pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2007 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 02:46 AM

<<<"If canada had any balls at all it would load up their C130s and fly straight to Iraq to relieve the situation. canada is gutless.">>>

Yep..agree

#50 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 02:55 AM

This pilot person is on your Ignore List.

He is on my ignore list because he is probably this board's
biggest moron. We know nothing about him. He parrots the
best of the American posters by saying yes yes yes yes I agree I agree I agree I agree. He has no depth. He contributes little. He can't think or write for himself and is insulting to my nation and to me, personally.

He's the jerk at the bar everyone ignores. If he offers to buy you a beer, turn the quif down.

#51 MirrorMan

MirrorMan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8412 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 10:50 PM

Originally posted by vigorous
This pilot person is on your Ignore List.

He is on my ignore list because he is probably this board's
biggest moron. We know nothing about him. He parrots the
best of the American posters by saying yes yes yes yes I agree I agree I agree I agree. He has no depth. He contributes little. He can't think or write for himself and is insulting to my nation and to me, personally.

He's the jerk at the bar everyone ignores. If he offers to buy you a beer, turn the quif down.

:angel:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru