evaGR1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 02:05 PM

Shame On You American-Hating Liberals
Written by Tony Parsons, 9/11/02
Mirro.co.uk

One year ago, the world witnessed a unique kind of broadcasting - the mass murder
of thousands, live on television.
As a lesson in the pitiless cruelty of the human race, September 11 was up there
with Pol Pot's mountain of skulls in Cambodia, or the skeletal bodies stacked
like garbage in the Nazi concentration camps.

An unspeakable act so cruel, so calculated and so utterly merciless that surely
the world could agree on one thing - nobody deserves this fate.
Surely there could be consensus: the victims were truly innocent,
the perpetrators truly evil.

But to the world's eternal shame, 9/11 is increasingly seen as
Ameria's comeuppance.
Incredibly, anti-Americanism has increased over the last year.
There has always been a simmering resentment to the USA in this
country - too loud, too rich, too full of themselves and so much happier
than Europeans - but it has become an epidemic.

And it seems incredible to me. More than that, it turns my stomach.
America is this country's greatest friend and our staunchest ally.
We are bonded to the US by culture, language and blood.
A little over half a century ago, around half a million Americans died for
our freedoms, as well as their own. Have we forgotten so soon?

And exactly a year ago, thousands of ordinary men, women and children -
not just Americans, but from dozens of countries - were butchered by a
small group of religious fanatics. Are we so quick to betray them?
What touched the heart about those who died in the twin towers and on
the planes was that we recognised them. Young fathers and mothers,
somebody's son and somebody's daughter, husbands and wives.
And children. Some unborn.

And these people brought it on themselves? And their nation is to
blame for their meticulously planned slaughter?
These days you don't have to be some dust-encrusted nut job in Kabul or
Karachi or Finsbury Park to see America as the Great Satan.
The anti-American alliance is made up of self-loathing liberals who blame the
Americans for every ill in the Third World, and conservatives suffering
from power-envy, bitter that the world's only superpower can do what it
likes without having to ask permission.

The truth is that America has behaved with enormous restraint since September 11.
Remember, remember. Remember the gut-wrenching tapes of weeping men
phoning their wives to say, "I love you," before they were burned alive.
Remember those people leaping to their deaths from the top of
burning skyscrapers.
Remember the hundreds of firemen buried alive. Remember the smiling face
of that beautiful little girl who was on one of the planes with her mum.
Remember, remember - and realise that America has never
retaliated for 9/11 in anything like the way it could have.
So a few al-Qaeda tourists got locked without a trial in Camp Xray?
Pass the Kleenex.
So some Afghan wedding receptions were shot up after they merrily fired their
semi-automatics in a sky full of American planes? A shame, but maybe
next time they should stick to confetti.

America could have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot.
That it didn't is a sign of strength.
American voices are already being raised against attacking Iraq -
that's what a democracy is for. How many in the Islamic world will have
a minute's silence for the slaughtered innocents of 9/11?
How many Islamic leaders will have the guts to say that the mass
murder of 9/11 was an abomination?

When the news of 9/11 broke on the West Bank, those freedom-
loving Palestinians were dancing in the street. America watched all of that -
and didn't push the button. We should thank the stars that America
is the most powerful nation in the world. I still find it incredible that
9/11 did not provoke all-out war. Not a "war on terrorism". A real war.

The fundamentalist dudes are talking about "opening the gates of hell",
if America attacks Iraq. Well, America could have opened the gates
of hell like you wouldn't believe. The US is the most militarily powerful
nation that ever strode the face of the earth.

The campaign in Afhanistan may have been less than perfect and the planned
war on Iraq may be misconceived. But don't blame America for not bringing
peace and light to these wretched countries. How many democracies are there
in the Middle East, or in the Muslim world? You can count them on the
fingers of one hand - assuming you haven't had any chopped off
for minor shoplifting.

I love America, yet America is hated. I guess that makes me Bush's poodle.
But I would rather be a dog in New York City than a Prince in Riyadh.
Above all, America is hated because it is what every country wants to be -
rich, free, strong, open, optismistic.
Not ground down by the past, or religion, or some caste system.
America is the best friend this country ever had and we
should start remembering that.
Or do you really think the USA is the root of all evil? Tell it to the
loved ones of the men and women who leaped to their death from
the burning towers.

Tell it to the nursing mothers whose husbands died on one of the
hijacked planes, or were ripped apart in a collapsing skyscraper.
And tell it to the hundreds of young widows whose husbands worked for
the New York Fire Department. To our shame, George Bush gets
a worse press than Saddam Hussein.

Once we were told that Saddam gassed the Kurds, tortured his own
people and set up rape-camps in Kuwait. Now we are told he likes
Quality Street. Save me the orange centre, oh mighty one!

Remember, remember, September 11. One of the greatest atrocities in
human history was committed against America.

No, do more than remember. Never forget.

#2 raffphi

raffphi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6467 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 02:11 PM

hello my dear eva

speaking of 11st sept try this link you will understand why
there is a problem try to search for TORTURE on this site too

http://www.reseauvoltaire.net
:(

#3 Simon666

Simon666

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1739 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:20 PM

About those Palestinians dancing in the streets: if you were an unemployed 24-year old Palestinian living in a refugee camp:
  • with crappy unpaved dust roads
  • without means of income and no hope of getting work in the future
  • without a wife because marriage is too expensive
  • without a house still living with the parents because buying a house is too expensive and because the camp is already overpopulated, and Israelis wouldn't give you a permit anyway so you risk it is destryed soon after
  • without running water
  • without electricity often
  • without medical care
and you looked around you and saw:
  • lots of open space outside of your camp and agricultural land occupied by Israelis
  • children shot with rubber bullets or worse because they throw stones
  • a hole in the wall of your living room so the Israelis can go from house to house without passing in the street
  • even more land being seized for security reasons
  • your only airport, build with EU support being shot to pieces as means of revenge for something you didn't do
  • ambulances being shot for being suspected of carrying explosives while this is most often not the case
  • your parents going through humiliation of showing their chest at checkpoints
  • checkpoints everywhere you want to go while Israelis can pass unhindered
and you heard stories of your parents that:
  • they owned land in the past but were evicted from it
  • they used to have a job but now can't any more because it is made impossible
  • that all the shit they have to swallow is because of the Israelis and the US supporting them
would YOU be happy if Israel or its loyal ally got hurt pretty bad?

Awaiting a reply eagerly, Simon.

#4 USCitizen

USCitizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:26 PM

Bayshore,
The majority of terrorist are muslim extremists. We went to Afganistan and told them, hand over the terrorist and we will walk away in peace. The chose not to. Saddam admitted to pursueing the construction of Nuclear weapons. Considering the multiple lies he was caught in during negotiations with the UN, his limited cooperation with weapons inspections and lets not even mention the continuous stand up comedy performed by the Iraqi Information Minister, Iraq has chosen to destroy their credibility and therfore we have no reason to beleive anything they say. If we think they are harbouring terrorist, WMDs or anything else that threatens us, we will eliminate that threat because they have obviously proven that they would rather squander their credibility with the world as opposed to working together honestly. In this respect, Iraq should be thankful for this invasion, as the new government will have a clean slate with the world and will actually have an opportuinty to say their piece without everyone calling them a liar. Once again their voice in the international community will be listened to. Without this voice, your diplomatic solutions can never work, and we have given the voice back to them.

#5 raffphi

raffphi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6467 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:31 PM

USCitizen

i have only one question for you

do you think the IRAK war is going to make USA more secure
against the terrorists ?

#6 USCitizen

USCitizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:36 PM

And Simon, no I would not be happy if an ally ofIsreal got hurt, perhaps an Israeli, but not an ally unless they directly inflicted the wound upon us.

"ambulances being shot for being suspected of carrying explosives while this is most often not the case"

Give me a break, Planes don't usually carry terrorist, but it's not unreasonable to scan everyone of them as a preventative measure. If you don't like the solution, fix the problem.

"children shot with rubber bullets or worse because they throw stones"

I think I'd teach that stupid kid some discipline. I don't allow my four year old daughter to throw stones. Hell, I used to get shot by a 12 guage with rock salt as a kid for sneaking onto my neighbors land to swim in the near by river. Give me a break, I understand innocent victims from bombing and what not, but if a kid pelts be with a stone, that kids gonna learn some manners. Be it from his parents or from me.

All of your points boil down to the same thing, you are viewed as a threat. Therfore, if you don't like the solution, eliminate the problem. Take the extremist and hand them over to the Israelis. Once you have cleaned house and stopped the aggression against them, then you can talk about improving your situation.

Right now, by your explanation, the Palistinians are just crying because they picked a fight and lost.:rolleyes:

#7 USCitizen

USCitizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:37 PM

Point of Fact Raff, no I don't. But as with most situations like this, the problem always gets worse before it gets better. I believe it is a means to an end.

#8 FOMALHAUT

FOMALHAUT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:43 PM

British empire gave promises during 1 World War to Arab people for an indepentend country. But when finished the war, Ottoman empire replaced by British empire.

Britain trained and formed special units of army from Jewish people during the 2 world war. These became the next soldiers of Israel.

UN voted for two separated states (Israel, Palestine). Arabs wanted one with all the people together. Jews were at this time 6% of the population.

USA was the first country who recognized Israel.

I will not mention the OIL.

Why Arabs have to love Western (British and American) people?

#9 raffphi

raffphi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6467 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:44 PM

i hope it for your country

but i dont if any north american here can do something
but please now the USA must give the power to UN
to reconstruct IRAK

if not i think IRAK is going to be like the israel-palestino mess
but in more dangerous for the world

#10 Simon666

Simon666

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1739 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:45 PM

"Saddam admitted to pursueing the construction of Nuclear weapons. Considering the multiple lies he was caught in during negotiations with the UN,..."

May I remind you America and Britain were caught up in numerous lies and dubious evidence trying to convince the UN Saddam had WMD and terrorist links?

===========================

"...and lets not even mention the continuous stand up comedy performed by the Iraqi Information Minister, Iraq has chosen to destroy their credibility and therfore we have no reason to beleive anything they say."

Tony Blair presented a copy-and-pasted from a student (!!!) report in the UN based upon data from before 1991 and tried to present it as "new data". Powell even found it worth citing it and praising it. Therefore, we can conclude that the UK and the US have made themselves completely ridiculous and should not believe a single word they say about WMD. Same logic.

"If we think they are harbouring terrorist, WMDs or anything else that threatens us, we will eliminate that threat because they have obviously proven that they would rather squander their credibility with the world as opposed to working together honestly."

If Russia believes the US has WMD - which it does - and believes it is a threat to them - it is - would it be OK for them to obliterate the US from the face of the world? Please answer.

"In this respect, Iraq should be thankful for this invasion, as the new government will have a clean slate with the world and will actually have an opportuinty to say their piece without everyone calling them a liar."

Thank you for killing my little nephew Mohammed and blowing both arms of my son Ahmad with cluster bombs. Thank you for destroying the water supplies leaving us thirsty. Thank you for disabling food supplies because of which I'm starving. Thank you for destroying the order because of which my daughter Amira is raped, my husband shot and our belongings stolen. Thank you for giving me freedom. At last.

#11 Brendon

Brendon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13976 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:48 PM

All those Palestinians dancing on the streets?

It was a media lie. The film shown of Palestinians dancing on the streets was taken a year before the 911 tragedy.
At the time the film was supposed to have been taken, Palestinian children were in their schools saying prayers for the dead Americans.

Fact. Find out for yourselves. It was just propaganda.

#12 Simon666

Simon666

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1739 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:57 PM

"And Simon, no I would not be happy if an ally ofIsreal got hurt, perhaps an Israeli, but not an ally unless they directly inflicted the wound upon us."

The sentence construction seems a bit strange to me. Apart from no it is unclear what you mean. I also don't think you believe what you are just saying.

===============================

"Give me a break, Planes don't usually carry terrorist, but it's not unreasonable to scan everyone of them as a preventative measure. If you don't like the solution, fix the problem."

What does that have to do with ambulances? Would it make you any less pissed if it were your son who died because he couldn't get medical care?

"I think I'd teach that stupid kid some discipline. I don't allow my four year old daughter to throw stones."

You don't have 5 kids without a future and the worries of finding a way to survive without an income first. Those parents also don't support it. But the kids have to go to school and the parents have to find a way to survive.

"All of your points boil down to the same thing, you are viewed as a threat. Therfore, if you don't like the solution, eliminate the problem. Take the extremist and hand them over to the Israelis. Once you have cleaned house and stopped the aggression against them, then you can talk about improving your situation."

Apparently you do not know that Arafat is also a corrupt asshole and they regularly execute people suspected of being an informant without a decent process. They even did it once with somebody because they wanted to confiscate his possessions. And you also risk of being considered a traitor and murdered, and your family being threatened too and reduced to paria status.

Life looks easy from your side, it is easy for you to say what you would do or not do. But I seriously doubt you actually believe what you say.

#13 USCitizen

USCitizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:01 PM

I will give you the first two, I admit that no country tells the entire truth and all place egg on their faces every few weeks wether they need it or not. I believe this is political tradition.

The second two I have to disagree with.
France has WMDs, we know this, but they are not a threat. We have WMDs, but there is absolutely zero chance that we will just launch one to piss off our enemies. Same applies for each country who now posseses Nuclear weapons.
Dictatorships on the other hand, work on the principals o aggression and intimidation. It is the basis for that form of rule. So yes, a dictator with a WMD is a severe threat.

as for your final point, yes, lives get turned upside down during a war. But when this is over, they will have more food, water, and a better quality of living than they have ever seen. I admit, a few individuals will fall through the cracks as they most certainly always do, but ten years from now Iraq will be a strong, wealthy and independent country.

#14 predax

predax

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:02 PM

That story must pre-date Afghanistan...

"America could have turned a large chunk of the world into a parking lot. That it didn't is a sign of strength."

Helloooo, what are US forces doing RIGHT NOW?

#15 USCitizen

USCitizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:11 PM

What does that have to do with ambulances? Would it make you any less pissed if it were your son who died because he couldn't get medical care?

Yes, I would be pissed, I'd be pissed at the ******* who chose to make abulances viewed as a threat.

You don't have 5 kids without a future and the worries of finding a way to survive without an income first. Those parents also don't support it. But the kids have to go to school and the parents have to find a way to survive.

Your right, I don't, but if there is no work, where are they looking? It seems to me that by your description they have nothing but pride left, well then, use a little of it to make better people out of your children. There is no excuse for the neglect of your own child, none what so ever, I do not care what you say. If you can't be a responsible parent, then stop whoring around and you won't have to worry about it. If you're to poor to support your kids, why did you ****ing have them? There is no excuse for this sort of behavior. If I had my way, everyone on our own welfare system would be immediatly sterilized.

:mad:

Apparently you do not know that Arafat is also a corrupt ******* and they regularly execute people suspected of being an informant without a decent process. They even did it once with somebody because they wanted to confiscate his possessions. And you also risk of being considered a traitor and murdered, and your family being threatened too and reduced to paria status.

Sounds to me like you have identified the source of your problem. Once again, remove the problem, then you don't have to worry about the solution.

#16 predax

predax

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:14 PM

After the battle, scenes from hell on the highway

LARA MARLOWE IN BAGHDAD

SOME two dozen carbonised vehicles, including a bus, litter the motorway interchange three miles south of Baghdad.

At least ten decomposing bodies were still there yesterday, 24 hours after the battle ended.

Just beyond two burning Iraqi petrol tankers and US Abrams tanks on the watch for gunmen, lies the first civilian victim of the battle for the south Baghdad interchange.

His charred, rotting body is crouched sideways in the front seat of a wrecked white Mercedes. A little further on, a blackened, ballooned body spills out from a mauve Mustang, possibly the victim of an airstrike that provided cover for the 3rd Infantry Division's advance.

A column of Humvee jeeps, one with the name Rough Riders on its window, drives by but no-one seems to notice the bodies strewn along the highway.

The bodies have already been there for up to four days. To the right of the road, someone has mercifully thrown blankets over four corpses, but the stain of their blood extends from under the blankets, which are swarming with flies. The outline of a child's body lying face down can be clearly seen.

One red car had been nearly vapourised. Half of a leg, a shoe on it, is all that remains of its occupant. The form of a naked woman - her clothes were burned off - lies face down in a destroyed pick-up.

Captain Dan Hubbard of Bravo Company, 464 Armour, Infantry Task Force 315, climbs down from his Abrams tank to explain how the Daura highway came to resemble a scene from hell.

His unit had travelled north on Highway 8 early on 6 April. "We reached the overpass, and we received fire from 360 degrees around. It was RPGs [rocket-propelled grenades] and AK47s [assault rifles], between 7 and 7:30 in the morning."

Most of the men firing RPGs were in foxholes in a motorway inlet. "We fought solid for two days, though the fighting calmed down after dark," Capt Hubbard adds.

"The civilians were caught at the very beginning. When we seized this interchange, we had to stop the traffic to hold the ground. We're here to fight the Iraqi regime, not civilians. Warning shots were fired.

"Ninety per cent of the vehicles turned around when we fired over their heads. But in these situations, a lot of things go through people's heads. A lot of them speed up."

Capt Hubbard sounds sorry for the charred victims, most of them killed by US fire. "I've got to protect my soldiers, because we don't know if it's a car laden with explosives or RPGs."

#17 Simon666

Simon666

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1739 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:20 PM

"I will give you the first two, I admit that no country tells the entire truth and all place egg on their faces every few weeks wether they need it or not. I believe this is political tradition."

Agree.

============================

"The second two I have to disagree with..."

Seems we disagree than on the chance he launches one to piss you off. It is doubted if he has missiles that even shoot as far as Israel, and it is even doubted he has WMD at all. He would need terrorists to bring WMD in those countries, and no such links have ever been proven.

Even if he had WMD and could shoot as far as Israel, as PROVEN in 1991, he would not use them because he knows pretty well what the consequences of that are. His instinct for survival is greater than that, a drunken Russian commander is probably a greater risk.

============================

"But when this is over, they will have more food, water, and a better quality of living than they have ever seen. I admit, a few individuals will fall through the cracks as they most certainly always do, but ten years from now Iraq will be a strong, wealthy and independent country."

I have my doubts as in Afghanistan, quite a few individuals fall through the cracks, if not all. The track record of the last "reconstruction" in this war on terror is pretty weak.

#18 Simon666

Simon666

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1739 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:28 PM

"There is no excuse for the neglect of your own child, none what so ever, I do not care what you say."

You think those parents go to school with them all the way by foot? They have better things to do and they do not approve their children doing that as they know all the well they risk their kids ending up in hospital. It is the situation that makes these things happen, not the parents.

=====================================

"If you're to poor to support your kids, why did you ****ing have them? There is no excuse for this sort of behavior. If I had my way, everyone on our own welfare system would be immediatly sterilized."

Islam forbids it. You could also ask why those poor Irish catholics, if they were so poor, kept breeding. The pope is the answer, and faith is a very strong thing. I though Americans would understand it as it still has great importance over there.

=====================================

"Sounds to me like you have identified the source of your problem. Once again, remove the problem, then you don't have to worry about the solution."

And who would take care of that? Your average day Mohammed on his own? There cannot be voted. Such actions can only be enforced by the US, fortunately it seems like they are working on that a little now. But it is very little.

#19 inside bush

inside bush

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 08:57 PM

Regarding your posts evaGR1
I definitely can say.
Eva GT F 22 hatefire the next generation Rumsfild.
Ceep an eye on her.

#20 Madrigalian

Madrigalian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 09:31 PM

> "do you think the IRAK war is going to make USA more secure
against the terrorists ?"

Yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users