Theme© by Fisana

Photo

US Boycott Hurts French Cheese and Wine Businesses!

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:42 AM

tv,

You are standing in front of Westminster Abbey looking at Big Ben, you cross the street and turn north, what is 100 meters up on the right?

#62 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:43 AM

Extremely famous, known the world round.

#63 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:44 AM

Elementary

#64 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:47 AM

I am sorry BULLSHIT dude, please show me where I posted I speak French fluently?

#65 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:48 AM

huih...

http://www.aviewonci...is/parismap.htm

COULD YOU NAME THE VERY FAMOUS RING ROAD IN PARIS?

HA HA HA HA

#66 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:53 AM

YOU LOST STUPID BULLSHIT DUDE
1)YOU COULD NOT NAME THE VERY FAMOUS ROAD

The ring road on the map

2) You could not find where I supposedly said I speak French fluently

You are a bullshit dude.

#67 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:54 AM

I WILL NOW HOUND YOU ON THIS IN EVERY POST YOU MAKE.

THE LINK TO THIS THREAD IS NOW BOOKMARKED

#68 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:54 AM

Carefull you are dealing with an ex-kgb(the frog):D :P

#69 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:55 AM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

LE BULLSHITER

#70 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:58 AM

YOU BOTHER TO RUN A TRANSLTOR PROGRAM, TO KEEP YOUR FALSE IDENTITY

YAWN

huih...

NAME THE RING ROAD...

#71 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 02:59 AM

KGB CODE NAME..

LE STUPID BULLSHIT DUDE...

#72 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2003 - 03:17 AM

'Je n'aimerais pas ?tre dans ta t?te, ?a doit sentir dr?lement mauvais.'

#73 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2003 - 03:18 AM

'Vous avez un petit pois dans le cerveau.'

#74 stranger

stranger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6747 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 03:29 AM

When you, people, even cuss in French, it sounds kinda classy, no?:D :D :D

#75 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 12:26 PM

last sweet word to the Arab?

You should visit France sometime...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

#76 lolomarsei

lolomarsei

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9226 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:35 PM

Originally posted by American Guy
Avenue De Anglaise

From the arport heading north to Monaco?

What is the name of the novelist who was active in the anti Nazi resistence, his house is there.

Victor Hugo?

#77 lolomarsei

lolomarsei

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9226 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:26 PM

the gefite fish wasn't good today?
why are you attacking me?

more seriously
don't buy french wine!
we sell vinegar for export, and now we 're crying, coz of course others learnt
french wines are good, but in france

coke?
never buy the newspaper again

#78 lolomarsei

lolomarsei

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9226 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:31 PM

of course!
it's the joke!
"not this, it's for americans"
well, the americans, after a few centuries, can now make the difference
us wineries are industrial, it's low-quality wine, but it's regular fair one
as i always say to my russian friends in russia: don't buy french! too expensive, and it's lottery( in export)

#79 gonzo

gonzo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14844 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:24 AM

remember this americans? I recall how you spit venom at us,,, we were right you were wrong....YOU ARE CRIMINALS and MORONS.

hang your head in shame you basterds. look what you did to Iraq!

shame on you

Now you use the same arguments to threaten Iran....a country that has done nothing to you.

Stephen Harper the canadian lap dog stood shoulder to shoulder with you

Today: April 13, 2003 at

10:55:27 PDT

U.S. Boycott Hurts French Cheese Exporters
By JOCELYN GECKER
ASSOCIATED PRESS

PARIS (AP) - One way to gauge how Americans are thinking about France after the split over the war in Iraq is to ask a cheese exporter like Marc Refabert.

The Frenchman has been inundated by more than 2,000 e-mails from American customers, ranging in tone from apologetic to impolite, but all carrying the message put succinctly by a man from Illinois: "We no longer buy French products."

Many American gourmets seem to be putting politics over palates, and, although they haven't released any numbers, French suppliers say their bottom lines are being hurt by the French government's refusal to back military action.

"I wish we could just invite people to have some cheese and wine and relax, but that wouldn't appear to be the solution for now," said Refabert, co-founder of the Internet retailer www.fromages.com, which grossed $500,000 last year, mostly on sales to the United States.

An anti-France reaction that started with "freedom fries" has taken on sprawling dimensions: Some U.S. lawmakers are urging American companies to skip the Paris Air Show. A U.S.-based Web site took advertising space in The New York Times urging consumers not to fly Air France, eat Yoplait yogurt or buy a long list of other French goods.

While brie and Bordeaux are unlikely to become permanent casualties, there is little doubt these and other products have become popular targets as Americans turn up their noses at the French.

For Refabert, the influx of nasty e-mails has declined from a peak at the start of the war, but sales at his Tours-based business have not recovered. He's hopeful U.S. demand for French cheese will pick up around Easter, normally one of his busiest periods.

On the other side of the Atlantic, vendors of French goods hold little optimism for a change soon.

Murray's Cheese Shop in New York, known for its extensive French variety, is running a sale of almost exclusively French cheeses.

"People are buying less French cheese, there's no question about it. And I don't believe its subsiding," said Robert Kaufelt, the shop's owner. "It's going to mean better bargains for the customers who do want to buy it."

Kaufelt feels anti-French sentiment has entered a new phase. Initially - after France's prewar threat to use its U.N. veto to block Security Council support for military action - customers berated Kaufelt for carrying French cheeses.

"We don't get any comments or remarks anymore. We're in the unspoken phase - where they're just not buying it," he said.

The anti-French tide has some vendors scrambling for more pro-American suppliers - like the British.

Kaufelt was one of five American foodbuyers who traveled to Yorkshire in northern England in late March looking for British cheeses that could substitute for his French offerings.

Several British newspapers chronicled the visit, reveling in the idea that the delights from Wensleydale and Thirsk could someday replace those from Camembert and Roquefort.

At Wensleydale Dairy, sales director Phil Jones welcomed the new interest in its cheese: "We're cheesemakers and we try not to get too involved with politics. But if politics helps us, well, we'll take advantage of that."

French wine and cheese exporters say it's too soon for precise figures on recent sales to the United States, but few expect those numbers to be positive.

Even once statistics are tabulated, it will be difficult to measure the true impact of a boycott on French business, which is already suffering from economic gloom and a depreciated dollar that makes French products pricier for Americans.

What's not in question is the importance of the American market. The United States was the world's largest consumer of French wines and spirits last year, accounting for nearly a quarter - $1.8 billion - of total French exports.

"It definitely is a bit more challenging to sell French wine these days," said Jacques Thebault of SOPEXA, a branch of the French Agriculture Ministry that markets French food products in the United States. "We believe we're going to have a short-term impact on sales."

Retailers and chain stores in several parts of the United States have put off planned promotions of French wines and delayed new orders, Thebault said.

At the Syndicale des Negotiants de Beaune, which represents 70 producers of Burgundy and Beaujolais wines, they're taking a low profile.

"We're not looking to actively sell French wines in the United States," spokesman Denis Deveau said. "It wouldn't be the politically correct thing to do."

--

link

#80 Shepard

Shepard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15418 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:26 AM

F U C K I N G Hell!!! How The F U C K Did You Find This Gonzo????:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru