• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 zhurnalist

zhurnalist

• Administrators
  • 11892 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 09:36 AM

Hi everyone!

If you want to hear the gravelly tones of the noise which apologises to call itself a voice, I will be interviewed live on a radio programme on the West Coast this Friday.

The station is RADIO PACIFICA and the programme is FLASHPOINT. Dennis Bernstein will interview me and it will be on air at 11 a.m. Pacific Time.

:)

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2003 - 10:48 AM

"Bernstein" ?

:rolleyes:

#3 Gospel

Gospel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 11:34 AM

Hello Zhurn,

I'm wondering ... will you be as vociferous ... as
forthright with your views on 'American
Imperialism' etc. as you are here?

... cause ... like ... you may end up in an
orange suit somewhere in Cuba ...

#4 porky

porky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4585 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 12:32 PM

Webcast: http://kpftx.org/

#5 zhurnalist

zhurnalist

• Administrators
  • 11892 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 01:49 PM

Ha!Ha!

Yes, Atossa, BERNSTEIN.

Gospel, I shall stick to my guns with my voice as I do with my two middle fingers...no, not sticking them up in the air like they do in Latin countries (bloody savages, what?) but tapping away here on my trusty keyboard.

I've been on radio and TV before, actually among other things I am a TV consultant when I'm not doing this, so I do not get too fussed about it any more.

Once you get used to it... it's like anything else. The big adrenalin rush is being interviewed live on TV though. When it's a radio show like this one you are in your own home or office and are using your own phone, nobody is there to bother you and you can slurp away on a glass of wine while you're talking (until you fall flat on your face and the interview ends with a plonk).

Live TV scares me...erm...witless but I am one of those people who might be shaking like a leaf inside but can use the adrenalin rush to get me through and then when I watch what i thought was half an hour of making an utter plonker of myself, I come over on the screen as being calm, relaxed, smiling and in control, although nothing could have been further from the truth.

BTW I am not posting this to blow my own trumpet, it's just in case some of you are interested.

I do not consider being interviewed on TV or radio any better or worse than sweeping the streets. I started my life as a gardener in a small village to get the money to travel and learn and probably, it was the happiest and most contented, noble time of my life.

Just because we have the luck or the gumption to put ourselves in the right place at the right time does not mean that we can be complacent or arrogant about it. What's the difference between the owner of a hotel and the kitchen boy?

Where are the meals without the chef? Where would the hotel be without the cleaning ladies? They're all part of a team and out there in the school of life, when you get down beneath the surface, all of us smile, cry, laugh, have the same worries, sharingh different beliefs, thank God and for sure we'll all go to meet the Maker one day.

I just hope to God I am not met at the Pearly Gates with a solemn expression and am told to go back and start over again.
By that time I hope I'll have earned a jolly good rest!

#6 Kraig

Kraig

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 03:09 PM

What's the interview theme zhurn?

I don't have means to hear it but would be interested in what you will be talking about.

Good luck.

#7 zhurnalist

zhurnalist

• Administrators
  • 11892 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 09:48 PM

Hi Kraig, or in your case...Oi!

You can hear the interview on http://kpftx.org

or read it later on

www.flashpoints.net

The time is Pacific time. GMT will be 20.00, in Brazil it will be 17.00 Friday 25th April.

Enjoy!

Por acaso o que acha da versao portuguesa? Se ler esta versao pode depois falar comigo na seccao CONTACTE-NOS

Um abraco de amizade

#8 SmallMind

SmallMind

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 10:19 PM

Gee is this like how Hitler got the pope's blessing and a free ticket to heaven card?

#9 zhurnalist

zhurnalist

• Administrators
  • 11892 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 09:32 AM

What on earth was that last post about?

Could someone jog the screen and let the letters fall down to the bottom and rearrange them in Shakesperian English please?

It seems I got a hot blast from someone's nether regions

#10 SmallMind

SmallMind

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 09:49 AM

ops wrong message in the wrong forum, major net problems since yesterday.. I was asking why some of the staff did not have their pics on the site. And yes tim I saw your pic.

#11 SmallMind

SmallMind

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 09:55 AM

Oh BTW, there are some unruly characters on pravda who are trying to hack into others computer and send you viruses and other malignant things. Why am I sure it was pravda abusers? Because it was the ONLY place I openly displayed my email address. So be careful of the people here.

http://www.cnn.com/2.../hate.email.ap/

#12 zhurnalist

zhurnalist

• Administrators
  • 11892 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 04:15 PM

Yes there are those who engage in this criminal activity.

There is software that tracts these people down and you can then pay them a visit. Watch their faces go white as their laundry bill doubles.

The people's faces on Pravda...well I guess some of us got around to getting our photos taken and others not. Mine is already three years old, the moustache was gone and I look even more ridiculous than I did, but hey, who cares, I'll be dead in 70 years' time!

#13 pacific

pacific

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6441 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 05:53 PM

:)

#14 HAL

HAL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 06:30 PM

Hello zhurnalist. I still don't have the hang of this new forum.
I got that story in my sub. :cool:

#15 zhurnalist

zhurnalist

• Administrators
  • 11892 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 11:25 PM

Don't worry Hal...

I am a Moderator and I am happy if I click away and get something out there..

I think that there are a load of bloody shitheads out there who think they have arrived if they post a picture or some crap or other...personally I couldn't care less.

My computing skills are crap, I don't know how to use a scanner, I am only now learning how to post my articles on the new English site (the Portuguese one is much more simple) and I have no idea whatsoever about how to post a photo onto the Portuguese site.

However, fiddling around, in six months the Portuguese site has 52,000 visits per month so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

#16 HAL

HAL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 04:03 AM

MeThinks you underestimate yourself, but I get the point. I don't have much time anyway, with a dozen groups of my own, or thereabouts. :rolleyes:

#17 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 04:50 AM

Zhurn....I felt a little tear come to my eye at your humility!

Don't worry, mate, as you know we Aussies have made a career of taking the piss!!!..<g>

#18 HAL

HAL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 04:53 AM

I hadn't been around for so long that I had to reregister and found a whole new forum. :confused:

#19 zhurnalist

zhurnalist

• Administrators
  • 11892 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:27 PM

Platy. Hal,

it's true...It takes me two weeks to master a programme that all the othetr journalists immediately understood...I think they were tearing their hair out in Moscow and screaming up the walls.

In the end they had to do a step-by-step guide as to how to use the programme and it was then that I saw that all the boxes were labelled anyway...a chimpanzee could have handled it.

What happens with me is that I go into a blind panic when I have to use anything minimally technological...thank God I never learnt how to drive, otherwise I'd have been a traffic statistic by now.

Imagine "The man with the most number of accidents in 24 hours". My greatest pleasure is to go up to my country place, wake up to the sound of birds, cook in my clay pot on my stove ore go to the forest to light a fire and roast a chicken, go to the tavern and drink wine with the locals and hear stories about plants and the weather...and pigs...

#20 HAL

HAL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 06:20 PM

Birds? I have a robin's nest just under my air-conditioner, which stays in the window all year round since it is screwed into the window mount. They stay there getting the warmth escaping from the apartment, all winter long. (I wonder how long they have been married) So that in the WINTER, on a sunny morning, I hear them sing. Top THAT! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru