Theme© by Fisana

Photo

What weapons systems do you want in your virtual arsenals(navy,army,airforce)?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pacific

pacific

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6441 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 12:05 PM

arsenal
n.
A governmental establishment for the storing, development, manufacturing, testing, or repairing of arms, ammunition, and other war materiel.
A stock of weapons.
A store or supply: an arsenal of retorts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Italian arsenale, from obsolete arzanale, darsena, from Arabic a in'a, manufacture, industry, and dr-a-in'a, place of manufacture : dr, house (from dra, to turn, revolve. See dwr in Semitic Roots) + al-, the + in'a, manufacture (from ana'a, to make. See n in Semitic Roots).]

arsenal

\Ar"se*nal\, n. [Sp. & F. arsenal arsenal, dockyard, or It. arzanale, arsenale (cf. It. & darsena dock); all fr. Ar. d[=a]r?in[=a]'a house of industry or fabrication; d[=a]r house + ?in[=a] art, industry.] A public establishment for the storage, or for the manufacture and storage, of arms and all military equipments, whether for land or naval service.

arsenal

n 1: all the weapons and equipment that a country has [syn: armory, armoury] 2: a military structure where arms and ammunition and other military equipment are stored and training is given in the use of arms [syn: armory, armoury] 3: a place where arms are manufactured [syn: armory, armoury]

arsenal, PA
Zip code(s): 15201

:cool:

#2 pacific

pacific

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6441 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 04:51 PM

What rifles? Bull-pup or not? What Machine gun? What Handgun? and so on.....
What SAM? What artillery? What FLAK? and so on.....
What MBT? What self-propelled artillery? What MLRS or Cruise or Surface-Surface Missiles? and so on..........
What interceptor fighter? what fighter? what fighter-bomber? and so on....
What ship? CV, Cruiser, fregate, submarine, and so on......
:)

#3 AnotherEuropean

AnotherEuropean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1611 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 05:34 PM

I thought Arsenal was an english football team?

Jokes aside ... don't care much about weapons systems as such, a weapon is only a tool to use. The best virtual arsenal, would be a small army of very intelectual men who were dedicated to the cause ... the rest is merely materialisation of their ideas of how to "do the fight".

#4 Varangian

Varangian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 05:39 PM

Sun Tzu in the 'Art of War':
" To win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. The acme of skill is to win 100 battles without fighting."

#5 pacific

pacific

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6441 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 08:52 PM

Where is the big stick to win 100 wars without fighting?
OTTO VON BISMARCK

#6 AnotherEuropean

AnotherEuropean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1611 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 08:56 PM

>
>Where is the big stick to win 100 wars without fighting?
>OTTO VON BISMARCK
>

Poor Bismark ....

He should've asked the chinese ... remember Ghengis Khan and his gang, they defeated China. They took over china, and became the dominators ... a century or so laters. The mongols were history ... vanished, without a trace.

Wars are faught by the idiots ... people with big ego and a tiny intellect. Life is about survival, about food, shelter and other simple things for everyday usage. And jesus, gave us all the key of how to win 100 battles, without a fight...

You ignore the vicious, you create a collective of individuals, and a society within the society. No battle needs to be faught ... no shot, needs to be fired. You simply expell, ignore and wait'em out. Of course, there is always the possibility that the enemy will use "deseases", "bombs", "guns" to try and destroy you... he'll even locate your leaders, and kill them in an attempt to demoralize you, and divide you. You see, THIS is what the war is about ... THIS, is where you have to stay strong. THIS, is the battle you need to win.

#7 pacific

pacific

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6441 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 09:21 PM

An Italian pilot sayd to me:" I wait my enemy in my landing zone to stolen/theft his plane and fly with his plane."
:rolleyes:

#8 inside bush

inside bush

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 01:35 AM

I^d like to have something like bush.

#9 James_A

James_A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 04:21 AM

I agree, Having a stupid guilable leader like Bush in your arsenal would be a powerful weapon.

I envy Rumsfield.

#10 pacific

pacific

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6441 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:12 PM

:cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru