• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#61 Katyusha

Katyusha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 04:48 AM

In the coming years- we'll see. A few more assaults on The Bill of Rights, and the circle jerk will be complete. The US has the power with which to smash and buy-off small and outmoded militaries- like Iraq's, but will the euro currency slam the door on the US imperial welfare state? Will the US plutarchs get Iraq's oil soon enough to prevent such? The jury is still out.

Get thee to the kitco.com forum. Follow the money.

#62 Arvind

Arvind

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5387 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 08:29 AM

posted by SeeBee

<Had sad the people must be who sit there in their darkened room and hope that a nuclear device gets detonated in any country on this planet.

These are bafoons who have never stared war in it's ugly morbid face. These are the same people who would run as cowards do at the sign of the first fire fight. These are the same people who dream of being someone who others would listen to, but sadly are the ones who repulse everyone around them. These are the people who have no national pride, for if they did would understand that it's pride in ones country that allows us to respect the countries of others. These are the people want to be heard and understood, but shut their ears and minds to everything but their own twisted ideas.

The unfortunate thing is that "The Sleeping Giant" has been awakened and for good reason. The United States Of America and it's people will no longer be a target. The United States of America will protect it's people with any and all means necessary. The United States of America will endure!>

A nuclear device detonating in America is bringing an American to reflect on "ugly morbid face" of war. i guess blowing the heads and bodies off Iraqi soldiers through tanks is not ugly and morbid?. Americans and British should have thought well before the Iraqi war. They are the real culprits whose strategists carefully and cunningly calculated that the rest of the world will not come to Iraq's help for fear of a world war. It is the Americans, British and the Australians who are to be blamed for escalating the situation by not respecting the UN. It is exactly similar to what Hitler did it by invading Poland and the same fate awaits them.

#63 AnotherEuropean

AnotherEuropean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1611 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 09:20 AM

>
>You cannot seriously be suggesting a direct intervention by a God as the end of America? Come on now, join the 21st century. It's the people who do all they do in the name of a god, any god who have caused and are causing most of the real heartbreak in this world.
>
>President Bush is a good example. Every speech he makes he talks about god and praying and such. How do you suppose these speeches play to the Muslim world?
>
>All those radical Islamic leaders calling for Jihad etc. are no better.
>
>Can you imagine the strife that could be avoided if religion was left out of it?
>
>Northern Ireland: Catholics and Protestants
>
>Israel/Palestine: Jews and Muslims
>
>India/Pakistan: Need I say more?
>

It is logical, to conclude that if God is left out of the picture that all will be better. But then, you are in fact dismissing mankind ...

You have to look at the entire picture from a logical point of view. First, there is no God as such ... this does not mean, that there isn't an entity larger than all of us ... but looking at it logically, it would not make sense that struggle between factions here would matter to it. Does that mean, there never has been God? No. In ancient times, there were people called Angels ... and there were people called Deyeties ... lets make a long story short, and simply say that God, as man knows him, was always the victorer and conqeror, the one who won wars and enslaved, conquered people. People, aligned themselves with the conqueror ... especially, since the conqueror was harsh, and demanded obedience from the people.

Think about this carefully, because the problem is not God the entoty, but God the conqeror. In whatever form he takes, be it America, Soviet Union, Germany or whatever ... Wether it be, GW Bush, or ancient lords like Alexander the Great. The religious affairs, is merely an extension of the sword ... Roman Empire, became even larger and greater with Christianity ... and Arab culture became even larger and greater with Muslim religion.

The correct and logical conclusion, in my view ... is to find a way, to destroy the conquerors conquests, that they cannot profit from their Victories and subjection of others.

#64 Eric

Eric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 09:29 AM

"there are no american made items anymore, everything what used to be american is made in Communist China now!"

Well, yes, technically alot of American products are made in other countries. Not just China, but alot in Mexico, and South America. Becuause these countries provide cheaper labor, parts are made cheaper in them. European companies produce things in the US too! But American products are still the property of American companies, and the higher end manufactured parts are still generally manufactured in the US, and the R&D for products is almost exclusively done in the US. And of course the major profits from these US owned goods goes to the US.
The fact that 'Communist China', [one could debate how pure Chinese communism is, with Hong Kong and also the governments' laissez faire approach to private street vending, etc. through out the country] is providing a labor outlet for capitalist companies to me says more about China than America.
This is exactly what capitalism strives for, an interaction with other countries, and hopefully an exchange of goods. Trade with China is a big part of the US foreign exchange, and working with other countries is a good thing for the US, not a bad thing.

#65 AnotherEuropean

AnotherEuropean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1611 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 09:46 AM

Trading with other countries is a good thing, but it highly depends on how the trade is done.

Back before 1990, and thereabout, nations like Sweden was extremely rich ... lot of surplus, and very little unemployment. In fact, they had to get employees from other countries. But the cold war was over, strategic interest was in cutting the interest and taking out some capital, and then the new EU was arising, and American interest was in making the EU a corporate EU (Why, Ill answer later). Immediately, things changed in Sweden ... money was taken out, and companies such as Volvo, Saab, and Ericsson who have always been foreign owned for the most part (Saab aerospace, is in ties with British Aerospace, Volvo has always been british Ford ... just take a closer look at their motors. Ericsson always franchised american goods, an example is IBM goods, like the 3270 terminal). Immediately there was unemployment, and the politicians started talking about joining the EU. This took time, but they all claimed that EU would save Sweden ... finally, they joined. It didn't save anyone, except the companies as Ford & GM Bought the car companies, while Ericsson is still struggling to leave.

At this time, lot of companies in the EU were moving their production to 3rd and 2nd world countries for cheap labour. This meant that EU was made poorer, and consumed less ... which in turn meant a downturn for EU. But people were looking at short term gains, not long term effects ... this was, however for the most part, stopped b y the french who demanded the end of the marshiall pact. There were other conciderations in there as well, but this slowed down the trend ... and which is the greatest reason for the tension between EU and the US. This, and the fact that EU was hekping Russia.

Capitalists, are always going to be few ... and if all they do, is take their gain and obtain cheap labor to produce their cost. What will happen, when the western nations no longer can consume the production ... and this is where we are going, if we do not stop it. Cheap labor, is merely another word for slave labor ... and I urge anyone to go back to early Britain archives and read why the british parlament accepted enslaving black people from Africa. It is educational, especially if your gonna come with the argument that by providing jobs we are giving food and shelter to the poor in China ... because its a mirror arguement to what the british said in those days. And if you are going to say that we must save them from their poverty, I urge you to look at the fact that these nations were rich and prosperous before we entered them ... something we have done in the past 200 or more years, have turned them into what they are today ... which in turn produces the question, wasnt it always the intension ... and if these nations were able to be rich and prosperous on their own, wont they manage to be that again if on their own and without meddling foreign policies that stop trade if its not done with our premise.

#66 Jet Li

Jet Li

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 10:57 AM

One superpower - a monopoly - unacceptable for both market economy and democrasy - acceptable for imperialistic model of development, which promotes the interests of the few capital controllers - old but unfortunately still true supposition

#67 AnotherEuropean

AnotherEuropean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1611 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 03:43 PM

>
>One superpower - a monopoly - unacceptable for both market economy and democrasy - acceptable for imperialistic model of development, which promotes the interests of the few capital controllers - old but unfortunately still true supposition
>

Its not a superpower ... merely a bunch of psychopaths, in fact people who were criminals from all over the world collected on one continent ... who have no conscience, and no limit to the harm and death they are willing to cause.

Like all other empires, they will be exterminated in the end ...

#68 phoglund

phoglund

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 03:56 PM

AnotherEuropean,

Bunch of psyhopaths?

Criminals from all over the world?

No conscience?

No limit to harm and death they are willing to cause?

Such a kind fellow you are. You take 230 million people or so and thus catagorize them. Can you truly be so simple minded?

Seems to me attitudes like yours are the dangerous sort that cause the problems you decry.

I'm one of those Americans you so denegrate. My father was as full blooded Swedish as you are. Both my mother's parents were German. All Americans are this way to some degree except for the Native Americans. Before you go off on a tangen how Americans killed off most of the Native Americans you should study your history and understand it was Native Europeans who killed the Native Americans, Europeans by birth, conquerors in the name of exploration who were looking for free gold and riches who came to this continent with diseases which depopulated a continent before the first permanent settlers ever arrived.

These are "forums", and should be for discourse and sharing of ideas, not for spilling vile invective.

Grow up.

#69 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 05:32 PM

Maybe I should get my cousin Hakan from Stockholm on here to see if the little jerk is Swedish.

I have done this three times, never has one of them vetted out.

He smells like another shty Arab.

#70 Simon666

Simon666

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1739 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 06:35 PM

<<Trading with other countries is a good thing, but it highly depends on how the trade is done...>>

Good post!

#71 Eric

Eric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 07:05 PM

I can't answer all of what you say, though you make some good points. I don't know enough about the EU's history to comment.
But just some brief things I noted.
First of all, capatilism does have it's flaws. Certainly I believe it needs to be kept in check by government(s). But I can't put all the blame on the US or European corporations for the wages they pay, in say, China. I would assume the Chinese government has something to say about the arrangement, don't they? And what are the wages for people working in American plants versus average wages at Chinese businesses? The charge that cheap labor is just a name for slave labor makes me wonder why people work as slaves. Is the Chinese government, or the Mexican government, forcing them? The argument that black slaves that were stolen or bought from African nations and forced to go to European or American colonies to work as slaves is not the same as Chinese people today going to work in China at European or US plants.
On another point, I've heard before that all of these pre colonial countries were free, and rich, and almost micro Edens until the bad Europeans and Americans colonized them and ruined everything.
As far as I know, all of the countries that were colonized by Europe and the US already were engaged in enslaving their own people. This was true of the Native North and South Americans, and Africa. I was not aware that African tribes were particularly rich. Certainly the Aztecs, Incas and Mayans had highly developed civilizations, and it could be argued that they were rich in terms of gold, but their societies were repressive and so violent that they even shocked the Conqistadors, and that's saying something.

#72 AnotherEuropean

AnotherEuropean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1611 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 10:18 PM

>
>Such a kind fellow you are. You take 230 million people or so and thus catagorize them. Can you truly be so simple minded?
>

Since you claim its a democrazy over there, one cannot but judge that the current aaction and previous actions are the will of the people ... as such, the people must accept the judgement derived from the action.

#73 AnotherEuropean

AnotherEuropean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1611 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 10:24 PM

>
>Maybe I should get my cousin Hakan from Stockholm on here to see if the little jerk is Swedish.
>
>I have done this three times, never has one of them vetted out.
>
>He smells like another shty Arab.
>

I'd love to see this post published in world wide News Papers. The VOICE of an AMERICAN ... he's advocateding democracy and liberty and freedom ... and when I voice a different opinion, he attacks my ethnicity.

Can't we have this post published in books, for ALL THE WORLD TO SEE THE TRUE AMERICAN LIBERATION...

#74 TerrorPod

TerrorPod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7451 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 05:27 AM

Although I despise the current administration of the US (and it's policy) I wouldn't dream of thinking that the US population is stupid nor murderous. This, I believe, is the general opinion of the majority of people opposing the US strategy/policy.

Your people are not more stupid nor more intelligent then the rest of the world. What it all boils down to is the successful propaganda of your government (this offcourse is not an american phenomenon).

Greedy people are a problem all over the world, but IMO it's somewhat easier in an ultra-capitalistic state as the US, for theme to get a stranglehold on the politics.

Take the energy and weapons lobbyist in the US for example.

In Europe, it's much harder for the corporations to project power (in politics) - this though, doesn't hinder the fact that they TRY.

Living in Sweden

Part Scottish/Swedish/German.

:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Och till den Amerikanska Grabben: Halsa din kusin...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

#75 AnotherEuropean

AnotherEuropean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1611 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 11:27 AM

>
>Although I despise the current administration of the US (and it's policy) I wouldn't dream of thinking that the US population is stupid nor murderous. This, I believe, is the general opinion of the majority of people opposing the US strategy/policy.
>
>
>Part Scottish/Swedish/German.
>

I think it speaks for itself, the fact that every person who supports the US, partly or wholly seems to have a thing with ethnicity. Always attacking their opponents, because they are ethnically different ... or as above, showing off their own true ethnic self.

Is anyone fooled by the origin of such mind ... think not.

#76 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 12:12 PM

SURE, I CAN SPOT A BULLSHIT ARTIST FROM THOUSANDS OF MILES AWAY.

SPEAKING OF ATTACKING ENTHNICITY:

GO BACK AND READ YOUR HALF WITTED POSTS DUMBSHIT!!!

Just in case you missed it:

SPEAKING OF ATTACKING ENTHNICITY:
GO BACK AND READ YOUR HALF WITTED POSTS DUMBSHIT!!!

Get it?

>merely a bunch of psychopaths<

THIS IDIOT IS OBVIOUSLY STUPID ENOUGH TO BE ARAB.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

#77 AnotherEuropean

AnotherEuropean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1611 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 03:22 PM

>
>>merely a bunch of psychopaths<
>
>THIS IDIOT IS OBVIOUSLY STUPID ENOUGH TO BE ARAB.
>
>ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
>
An American, is not ethnicity ... it's not even a nationality. You must be one of those lucky Americans, who got through school on sport scholarship.

Your nazi and fascist propagand, and your friends ... is an example of people in the US today. Irrespective of their ethnicity. But just like Nazi Germany ... your America is about pure blood, isnt it.

#78 AnotherEuropean

AnotherEuropean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1611 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 12:45 AM

>
>AG is Swedish, you fool, you were not around when his cousin was here. He makes you look stupid to the old timers
>

A week old giant takes a last breath. :cool:

#79 inside bush

inside bush

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 12:52 AM

Should better say the week old giant takes his last breath. :cool:

#80 Miss Astrojet

Miss Astrojet

Banned