• Please log in to reply
7545 replies to this topic

#3441 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:06 PM

Will the Lie-on prevail? Senator Byrd knows too where it hides...;)

"But, I contend that, through it all, the people know. The American
people unfortunately are used to political shading, spin, and the
usual chicanery they hear from public officials. They patiently
tolerate it up to a point. But there is a line. It may seem to be
drawn in invisible ink for a time, but eventually it will appear in
dark colors, tinged with anger. When it comes to shedding American
blood - - when it comes to wreaking havoc on civilians, on innocent
men, women, and children, callous dissembling is not acceptable.
Nothing is worth that kind of lie - - not oil, not revenge, not
reelection, not somebody's grand pipedream of a democratic domino
theory."

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

#3442 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 02:18 PM

http://engforum.prav...7509#post957509

#3443 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:20 PM

Bader; @What ethnic slogans adorned the basement walls where the Tzar and family were slaughtered? They werent English or Russian.@

This Day in History 28 of July 1914 was Beginning of World War I .
Austria-Hungary, already assured by William II of Germany's support should it start a preventive war, used the June 28, 1914, assassination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand as a pretext to humiliate Serbia, presenting it with an unacceptable ultimatum on the evening of July 23.
On July 25 Serbia accepted all but two of the ultimatum's demands, but, though Serbia offered to submit the issue to international arbitration, Austria-Hungary promptly severed diplomatic relations.
The Austro-Hungarian foreign minister, Leopold, Graf (count) von Berchtold, encouraged by the German foreign office, persuaded Austrian emperor Francis Joseph to authorize war against Serbia, which was declared on this day, and the first shots of World War I were fired the next day, by Austro-Hungarian artillery bombarding Belgrade.
German Wilhelm II , in full Friedrich Wilhelm Viktor Albert German emperor (kaiser) and king of Prussia from 1888 to the end of World War I in 1918, known for his frequently militaristic manner as well as for his vacillating policies German emperor (kaiser) and king of Prussia (1888

#3444 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 01:28 AM

I am not aware of who the philosopher is you are engaged in discussion with DonQ but the view being presented is that democracy is where those who have succeeded worked hard for the assured rewards that will come to all who do so.
Yet when we look a little closer into the makings of the greatest
democracy we see the honest do make it but the dishonest not only make it but get control and thus fix the rules to ensure they stay that way. Not neccessarily hard work but could be expensive
which limits the field of competition but more smart than hard.
The "hard" part represents the unlevel playing field more than anything else.

"if you fail to participate in govt by voting..."
Few have the money to participate in the way the game is played.
The onus isnt just on the voter, why not say to the elected- 'if you dont participate in democracy by represneting your electorates interests and demands instead of a party of a minority
then dont expect any votes. Maybe thats why a lot of people dont vote because the politicians are already bought.

"Why should I pay for you to have....."
So everyone should have their own police dept and their own insurance co./credit union/etc just to serve one family, oh and one road each, lay them side by side to save a little space to reduce accidents.

"its not possible for the politicians to do exactly what the people want.." Never heard of referenda, consensus, majority views, polls etc?
The people could say to the law and govt- its not possible to
do everything you want, you have too many laws and regulations.

"Every person who ever become President had to work hard.."
to please the jews and the holders of the big corporate purse.
-Common knowledge. And this experiment in hardworking govt is far from over..
Sure there is competition, but even in the mafia you have to earn the top positions. Whats so holy about work- next someone will say the asian women in the sweat-factories making cheap goods for the great democracies are better off because they know how to work.

"...very racist and evil thing to say..." ????
Hey if you disagree with me you are racist! Wow.

While the borders are being closely guarded make sure no manufacturers escape overseas to put more people into slavery.

#3445 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 01:57 AM

> >Nice way to put it. If capitalism can't take care of it, then it's
> >time to look for other solutions.
>
> Capitalism let old people starve. That's why we now have Social Security.
> Capitalism's failures gave us public schools, public universities, a
> government-run military, interstate highways, etc.

Yet it's creating environmetal havoc left and right and up and down,
wars over resources that threaten our very survival, the highest penal
population in the world, parks that are occupied by the homeless,
unsafe roads where the big rule, junk food that's making our kids
addicts to something worst than cigarettes, endless commercial TV and
radio shows that offend our intelligence, lack of universal
healthcare, unsafe streets, and a few other social ills. Other than
that, capitalism is OK... ;)

#3446 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:08 AM

<I am not aware of who the philosopher is you are engaged in discussion with DonQ but the view being presented is that democracy is where those who have succeeded worked hard for the assured rewards that will come to all who do so.
Yet when we look a little closer into the makings of the greatest
democracy we see the honest do make it but the dishonest not only make it but get control and thus fix the rules to ensure they stay that way. Not neccessarily hard work but could be expensive
which limits the field of competition but more smart than hard.
The "hard" part represents the unlevel playing field more than anything else.>

Howdy Bader
I picked the debate here...

http://engforum.prav...?threadid=86958

I think their tactic is that, "propose something stupid, make sure nothing is done," which is one of the camouflage tactics in the jungle.

I agree with all your answers.

PS: This thing is getting big at google groups where you can register in a snap and really make a difference--in case you got the time. Here's the site (just write 'donquijote1954')...;)

http://www.google.co...up_search?hl=en

#3447 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:07 AM

"This social transformation means the liberation, not only of the proletariat, but of the whole human race. Only the working-class, however, can bring it about. All other classes, despite their conflicting interests, maintain their existence on the basis of the private ownership of the means of production, and therefore have a common motive for supporting the principles of the existing social order.

The struggle of the working-class against capitalist exploitation is necessarily a political struggle. The working-class cannot develop its economic organization and wage its economic battles without political rights. It cannot accomplish the transfer of the means of production to the community as a whole without first having come into possession of political power."

Bader, I've created this system to classify lions according to their hierchy. They'll likely defend the jungle in proportion to their size. If there's any truth to the 'class struggle'--and I believe there is--then lions are affected by it too...;)

-big lion... leonis maximus

-medium lion... leonis medius

-small lion... leonis minimus

-other predators (foxes, hyenas, vultures, snakes, rats, etc)

-owl (scientist, often at the service of the lion)

-little animals

We don't pretend though to "liberate" those who don't want to be liberated, and we admit a lion so long as he's tamed and accepts COMPETITION.:cool:

Anyway I thought it may come handy in our daily chat...;)

http://www.marxists....erfurt/ch05.htm

#3448 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 05:54 AM

Ignoring the social ills and ruled by religious extremists at home, what can they expect? Iraq, welcome to the jungle...;)

Assault on Iraqi Women
Gregory Elich

Women in Iraq are under siege. Hopes for a brighter future after the fall of Saddam Hussein have been rudely dashed and smothered by a climate of fear and repression. Far from the promised "liberation," women in Iraq find themselves increasingly imprisoned by lawlessness and medieval attitudes, while recent events portend calamitous developments for women.

Daily life in Iraq has become a grim ordeal for women. Rampant crime has become the order of the day since the fall from power of Saddam Hussein's Ba'ath Party. There are no reliable statistics, but kidnappings and rape are now so commonplace that many women have become virtual prisoners in their own homes. Women walking alone or in small groups have become easy targets for criminal gangs, compelling many to stay at home with the curtains drawn, never to venture outside. Abductions are so widespread as to become routine, yet few cases are reported to the police, for to do so would in many cases invite death.

(snip)

In a secret vote on December 29, 2003, the Iraqi Governing Council narrowly passed Law Number 137, which in effect eliminated the Personal Status Code of 1958 that had provided some measure of legal protection for women. In its place, the council decreed that in domestic concerns, individuals would have the "option" of disregarding the civil code and could instead ask a religious court to rule on such matters as marriage, divorce and inheritance. In an environment increasingly dominated by aggressive religious extremists, this was tantamount to expunging whatever rights women still retained. The law must be signed by U.S. occupation administrator Paul Bremer in order to take effect. The measure is a disturbing harbinger of the future place of women in Iraqi society, once the reins of governance are officially turned over to the Iraqi Governing Council.11

Women's groups reacted immediately to the threat, organizing a demonstration in downtown Baghdad. The rally only drew hundreds, an indication of the climate of pervasive fear stalking the land. "This will send us home and shut the door, just like what happened to women in Afghanistan," warned Kurdish lawyer Amira Hassan Abdullah. "The old law wasn't perfect, but this one would make Iraq a jungle.

http://www.covertact...iraqiwomen.html

#3449 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 10:41 AM

Its part of the assault on the muslim culture- out of the ashes a new phynix will arise. They talked about creating freedom and democracy but there is no evidence they planned anything for a
positive transition. It is zionist brutality all over again. women can expect to be debased and only the wrong people will inherit the reigns of power. And cancer from DU will come on stream in a few short years. And we have all been condition to despize people like Mengels. Would he get a job today? These people
responsible never stop glorifying the worst of the Third Reich and the Germans were condemned for letting them get away with it.
Well there is no Gestapo and concentration camps functioning
(yet) to keep people in line, so the greater condemnation falls on
those of today.

I had thought, DonQ several time previously that we ought to have key common phrases/title for the jungle parables, although I
prefer to talk more direct in the main and use the parallel/parables to support what one says.

Class struggle:
I expect the quotes were from Marx. Notice he doesnt expose the power of the capitalist, he says fight them for the waterhole,
which then has the lion with two contestants (puppets) providing a show to mislead the two parties who are both actually victims of the lions money system.
we say the little animals should create their own waterholes at no cost and let the capitalists pay the lion for using his.
Put it this way, if the lower 80% of todays world who are not actually making or making little progress formed coops (or reformed on the model of interaction) as a
basis of socio-economic life and become a relatively self sufficient
level playing field, but some interaction with the twenty percent that benefits well from the system, the twenty percent would lose the mass-bass on which their success comes and they cannot sustain their standard of living being based largely on just themselves- 20%.
People would have ownership and direct influence on how things are run. Marx didnt want them to have this. He wanted them to be ants to faceless bureaucracy and does it matter if the faceless
power/directives are privately or state owned? Neither does capitalist democricy want them to have it, because they cant both have it. Lion says let them argue over which is the lesser of the two evils through such labels as labour and conservative, republican and democrats... ( and lock up anyone you see passing out pamphletes)

Howdy Woj:
The royals, no one seems interested in asking hey what happened to the line of Irish, Scotish and English kings etc? THen there is the inter-marriage of the various lines which blurs the national boundries somewhat, however if one makes an issue of who belongs to what country, my point still stands, which is - what right did New York Jews have to take over Russia and impose a brutal govt on them? And in the name of deposing a brutal King.
Same in Iraq, just another invasion pushed by the US Jews (quote Congressman Moran) and the Zionists/neocons and their "christian" fellow travellers, which has put into govt the persons of their own choice to create a new society but life is more brutal/dangerous than under Hussein.

I am aware that the communist party always won the elections
in Russia proving the people loved it.

#3450 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 10:58 AM

STUPID TRANSPORTATION vs. SMART TRANSPORTATION

Some just got and grab more oil to keep the gas-guzzling SUVs alive,
others provide CHOICES. What would you rather have?

Hey, Americanus Raptor, would you please move over? ;)

Transportation Alternatives

There are a number of beneficial forms of transportation that make our
lives easier, reduce congestion, reduce our dependence on cars &
foreign oil, are safer & less costly, and help save the planet:

1. TRAINS - Futuristic High-Speed trains like the Eurostar (pictured
above), the French TGV (right), & the Bullet train; Regional trains;
Monorails; Light rail; Trolleys; & Peoplemovers. Clean electric trains
are a major form of daily transportation all across Europe, and are
the single most powerful transportation choice that can solve serious
mobility, environmental, economic, health, and social problems on a
global scale.

2. BICYCLES - A major form of daily transportation in many countries.
Towns and cities have to be made bicycle-friendly to encourage their
wide use.

3. SCOOTERS - Electric and push types are heavily used in urban areas
as daily transportation.

4. ROLLERBLADES - Used in urban areas by many as daily transportation.

5. WALKING - An often forgotten way to get around because so many
places have been made hostle to pedestrians. Still the preferred
choice in dense urban areas.

(see pictures and details of beautiful bullet trains)

http://www.newurbani...16432/index.htm

#3451 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 11:29 AM

<Its part of the assault on the muslim culture- out of the ashes a new phynix will arise. They talked about creating freedom and democracy but there is no evidence they planned anything for a
positive transition. It is zionist brutality all over again. women can expect to be debased and only the wrong people will inherit the reigns of power. And cancer from DU will come on stream in a few short years. And we have all been condition to despize people like Mengels. Would he get a job today? These people
responsible never stop glorifying the worst of the Third Reich and the Germans were condemned for letting them get away with it.
Well there is no Gestapo and concentration camps functioning
(yet) to keep people in line, so the greater condemnation falls on
those of today.>

Howdy Bader
And in that jungle you can claim you "need" the Marines. You know there's so much camouflage in the jungle.

<I had thought, DonQ several time previously that we ought to have key common phrases/title for the jungle parables, although I
prefer to talk more direct in the main and use the parallel/parables to support what one says.>

The names are a funny way to refer to the reality of society. But make no mistake about: He hates jungle talk. He rather accept "capitalist pig"--and they do accept it--than he's a Lion reigning over a Jungle.

<I expect the quotes were from Marx. Notice he doesnt expose the power of the capitalist, he says fight them for the waterhole,
which then has the lion with two contestants (puppets) providing a show to mislead the two parties who are both actually victims of the lions money system. >

I accept your critique, just that those having ANY stake in the DIRTY WATER HOLE we got now are likely to oppose STIFF RESISTANCE to the little animals building THEIR OWN WATER WELL. We shouldn't expect all predators to welcome the "liberation" of the little animals.;)

<I am aware that the communist party always won the elections
in Russia proving the people loved it.>

Good point. So why bother to do any election at all?:confused:

Answer: Because the lion never wants to be seen for what it is...;)

#3452 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 11:34 AM

Hey, Bader, you saw the Puppet Show, right?;)

http://www.jibjab.com/

#3453 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:09 PM

Bade; @The royals, no one seems interested in asking hey what happened to the line of Irish, Scotish and English kings etc? THen there is the inter-marriage of the various lines which blurs the national boundries somewhat, however if one makes an issue of who belongs to what country, my point still stands, which is - what right did New York Jews have to take over Russia and impose a brutal govt on them? And in the name of deposing a brutal King.
Same in Iraq, just another invasion pushed by the US Jews (quote Congressman Moran) and the Zionists/neocons and their "christian" fellow travellers, which has put into govt the persons of their own choice to create a new society but life is more brutal/dangerous than under Hussein.@

@I am aware that the communist party always won the elections
in Russia proving the people loved it@
Giorgia celebrates Stalin birthday, and Stalin name regardless what one might say.

@Exxon Mobil Second-Quarter Net Income Soars 39%
July 29 (Bloomberg) -- Exxon Mobil Corp., the world's largest publicly traded oil company by market value, said second- quarter net income rose 39 percent on surging oil prices. http://quote.bloombe...ZsfI&refer=home
U.S. Initial Jobless Claims Rose by 4,000, wages remained subdued, @
Wall Street is is happy

#3454 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 01:06 AM

Mennonite church. Cooperation in Switzerland and cooperation between in Mennonites. members.

Donq frequently here glorified cooperation in Swiss but , never even mentioned that Swiss is country where first bank bankrupted there, but not because borrowers fail to pay their debts, but all members of society brought money to bank and nobody borrowed them from the bank.

This society was very poor in the past and served as foot soldiers around Europe.
They today become rich today because their extremely strict saving money mentality and value the simplicity of life. Since Swiss Brethren they refused to swear oaths or serve in the military.. They emigrated in huge number to US where they are called Mennonites. They are religious and ethnic group in US with biggest income per person.
Practically they fully participate in modern life as American citizens.
Religious restrain is only that they are allowed to marriage only between in Mennonites group.
Coop or camouflage racist or religion conviction.?
But I see it as a more related to nationalism than cooperation. :)

#3455 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 02:37 AM

<Mennonite church. Cooperation in Switzerland and cooperation between in Mennonites. members.

Donq frequently here glorified cooperation in Swiss but , never even mentioned that Swiss is country where first bank bankrupted there, but not because borrowers fail to pay their debts, but all members of society brought money to bank and nobody borrowed them from the bank.>

Woj, for all you say, Switzerland is high in democracy and low in bureaucracy, and it does away with a big lion. Why risk a Stalin, Mao or Castro? We can further enrich it with economic democracy. There's room for you and me, but little for the fox. What's wrong with it?:confused:

Democratic Rights at Cantonal and Commune Level
Direct democracy takes a wide variety of forms at both cantonal and communal levels and is more advanced in its development than at national level. Thus all the cantons recognise not only initiatives aimed at securing amendments to their constitutions, but also the legislative initiative, by which other new laws can be proposed. In some cantons, moreover, there are also fiscal referendums or mandatory legislative referendums. The latter means that any amendments to the law must be submitted to a vote of the People.

many useful links...;)

http://www.swissworl...cantrights.html

#3456 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 11:47 AM

Donq; for majority people on the world, Castro is symbol of freedom and Swiss was in the past the symbol money safety.

But not any more, since Jew attacked Swiss bank records.

Cuba for its 50 years of withstanding American sanctions gets blessing from the God;:)
Eighteen miles off Cuba's northern coast, a Spanish company is in the early stages of oil exploration that could dramatically improve Cuba's economic fortunes. :)
Battered by high oil prices and starved of hard currency, the Cuban economy has been on life support for years as it struggles to meet its energy needs and manage the Bush administration's intensified efforts to isolate the island's communist government.
But experts say a major oil discovery could provide a huge lift to Cuba by making it energy self-sufficient and even a potential oil exporter. US intention even government change in Venezuela which now supplies Cuba in oil would not help Bush in his sanction against Cuba. :)
itercepts reformshttp://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=World&cat=Cuba

Regarding Stalin; I see that you also has problems in that territory;
@UKRAINE NOT READY TO JOIN NATO, PREMIER SAYS
Ukrainian Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovych said on 27 July that Ukraine is not yet prepared to join NATO, "The real development of Ukraine's economy, its civic society, and implementation of the North Atlantic alliance criteria do not allow either Ukraine or NATO to speak about a real time of accession," Yanukovych said. His statement followed the unveiling of amendments to Ukraine's military doctrine that include the removal of a provision about full membership of NATO and the EU The new doctrine was welcomed by the Russian Foreign Ministry as well as by the leader of the Communist Party of Ukraine, Petro Symonenko. According to Symonenko, Ukraine should solve its defense problems outside NATO. @
http://www.rferl.org...line/3-cee.asp:)

#3457 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 12:44 PM

Brice Lalonde, the mayor of a little town in Brittany, flopped in his dark-horse 1981 bid to become president of France.

This year, he is hoping for a different prize: first cousin of the president of the United States. http://online.wsj.com/public/us

Slavs Unite; Isn

#3458 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 05:19 PM

<Donq; for majority people on the world, Castro is symbol of freedom and Swiss was in the past the symbol money safety.

But not any more, since Jew attacked Swiss bank records.

Cuba for its 50 years of withstanding American sanctions gets blessing from the God;:)
Eighteen miles off Cuba's northern coast, a Spanish company is in the early stages of oil exploration that could dramatically improve Cuba's economic fortunes. :)
Battered by high oil prices and starved of hard currency, the Cuban economy has been on life support for years as it struggles to meet its energy needs and manage the Bush administration's intensified efforts to isolate the island's communist government.
But experts say a major oil discovery could provide a huge lift to Cuba by making it energy self-sufficient and even a potential oil exporter. US intention even government change in Venezuela which now supplies Cuba in oil would not help Bush in his sanction against Cuba. :)
itercepts reformshttp://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=World&cat=Cuba>

Cuba suffers from little mean lion. He even sold out to the companies--like the above--in order to keep post of King of the Jungle. Note even "guarapo" in Cuba...;)

NOTE: When words are used to mislead, we need things real. And I couldn't think of anything better that our delicious national dishes. So the guarapo, arepa, jalapeno, banana revolutions were born... Anyway, what counts is not the name, but the content...

*guarapo: sugar-cane juice. I'll leave it up to your imagination why it's so important...

COMING SOON:

THE GUARAPO REVOLUTION
(WITHOUT COCA-COLA, BUT WITH GUARAPO!)
"FREEDOM MOVEMENT"

The following is an interview with our legendary guerrilla leader, Liborio, published by The New York Times on September 31:

Question: Mr. Liborio, what is this fuss about?
Answer: Que dice el comemierda este? (What is this ******* saying?)
(AN INTERPRETER IS RUSHED IN.)
Q: What is this fuss about?
A: This means that the only mistake made by Communism in Cuba was not to have eliminated Coca-Cola, but also to have taken away even guarapo. Many people, all over the world, blame the external embargo for our humiliating condition, ignoring that it was the "Cuban Revolution" itself the one which took away everything ours.
Q: What solution do you offer?
A: We offer the best of what we had back in 1492.
Q: You wouldn't be referring to nudism and all that, do you?
A: I've never thought about that. But, on second thought, it wouldn't be a bad idea that our MULATAS could show the... Shit! you make wander from the subject!
Q: What punishment do you propose for the Communists?
A: Well, it's going to be drastic: 1,000 lines saying: "I will never support another foreign doctrine again"; and send them to the world...
Q: What can be done inside the island?
A: The "Guarapo Plebiscite": by writing "guarapo" or "G" on every wall.
Q: And what can be done outside?
A: A humanitarian caravan to Cuba. We will take sugar cane, so as to break the internal blockade that the dictatorship imposes on the people.
Q: And when we are free?
A: A bottle of rum for every Cuban, to drown the sorrows. And then we are going to throw the big party where we are going to mix guarapo and rum...
Q: Any slogan?
A: Yeah, SHAKE IT BABY! (If you don't, the sugar settles at the bottom.)

"The world is divided into two camps: all who abhor freedom, because they only want it for themselves, are in one; those who love freedom, and want it for all, are in another"
-Jose Marti (1853-95)

http://webspawner.co...ers/donquijote9

#3459 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 05:29 PM

It seems to me this reporter really knows the trail of the lion--and the fox...:)

JOHNNIE BEEN GOOD?
by Greg Palast
[Boston] The millionaires are dancing now. The balloons are falling on
John Kerry, John Edwards and their nuclear families.

They're playing "Johnnie B. Goode" over the loudspeakers. Democrats
are hopping up and down like JFK never went to Dallas; like Bill Clinton
didn't blow it for us; like there's a chance to bring the boys home
alive; like America can crawl out of **** Cheney's bunker and look at the
sun again.

But has Johnnie Kerry been good so far?

He told us tonight about some poor bastard in Ohio whose job
evaporated when his company unbolted the equipment and sent it south. Hey,
Johnnie, didn't you vote for NAFTA?

I applauded when he said the White House should stop treating teachers
and school kids like fugitives from justice and help them out. But,
Johnnie, didn't you vote for George Bush's "No Child's Behind Left"
assault on public education?

Then there was that little story meant to show us all he is a Man for
All Seasons, above party politics. "I broke with many in my own party,"
he said, "to vote for a balanced budget, because I thought it was the
right thing to do." No, John, it wasn't. It was craven political
cowardice, going with the anti-government hysteria that put a knife into the
heart of the programs you cried over tonight.

He told us the sad story of the poor homeless guy huddled in front of
the White House. Is this the same John Kerry that voted for Clinton's
welfare "reform"? That put a five-year limit on food stamps, making
child starvation the law of the USA. At least Ronald Reagan offered ketchup
as a vegetable.

Kerry made good use of the cash he saved on feeding the poor. "I
fought to put a 100,000 cops on the street." Hey, thanks, John.

But my absolute favorite of the night was when Kerry told us, "Saying
there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq doesn't make it so. As
President, I will ask hard questions and demand hard evidence."

But, as Senator, you didn't. No questions asked: you just closed your
eyes and voted for the lie. I know it, and you sure as hell know it.

And you mentioned a time or two tonight that you served your country.
Got yourself a medal for it, too. I'm sorry, but shooting a Vietnamese
teenager in the back who was defending his country doesn't make you a
hero.

Yesterday, my buddy Michael Moore and I held a press conference in
Boston. Some joker of a reporter asked Mr. Fahrenheit about Kerry's
gung-ho keep'm-in-Baghdad position. Michael fudged and fidgeted. I felt bad
for him as he faked the answer, "President Kerry would not have sent us
to war." But as Senator, Kerry did.

I've got an easier job than Michael: as a journalist I don't have to
defend any candidate. Nevertheless, I know that my Democratic Party
friends will want to ship me to Guantanamo for asking, "You believe in
Kerry, but does he believe in you?"

Remember, comrades, I'm only asking questions, here. I'm sorry if the
answers make you uncomfortable about your favorite rich guy.

I know what you're going to say. "Isn't Bush worse?"

By a long shot. Asking if Kerry is as bad as Bush is like asking if a
slap in the face is as painful as a brick to the skull.

But don't you get tired of being slapped around by privileged
politicos on hypocrisy hyper-drive -- then having to applaud? It can't be
pleasant, no matter how many pretty balloons they drop on your head.

------------------
www.GregPalast.com

Greg Palast will appear this Sunday on ABC TV, Channel 7 New York, at
noon, with Gil Noble, "Like It Is." Noble will preview Palast's coming
film, "Bush Family Fortunes," with music by Moby, available September
28 on DVD.

Greg Palast is the author of the New York Times bestseller, 'The Best
Democracy Money Can Buy' and 'Joker's Wild: George Bush's House of
Cards' regime change deck.

#3460 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 06:23 PM

Afghan Massacre: The Convoy of Death http://www.antiwar.c...?articleid=3209

@world understands intimately the operative constraints at work in American propagandizing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru