#341 Gil Hughes

Gil Hughes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 12:12 AM

The Beat------

"toilet separatist" You must be kidding sport! Have you ever met a real Seperatist??

Re: China hooking up with Russia there are many examples od marrages of convienience.

Major threats can turn the worst of enemys into good friends.

The point you miss is that the world is not about to tolerate another Imperial power.

The previous participants didn,t have Thermo-Nuclear weapons and all kinds of advanced technology.

The one thing that is certain this worl was never a more dangerous place. Cheak out the currant Atomic Clock reading and the change over the last 50 years.

#342 vietnambob

vietnambob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3559 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 12:23 AM

According to the government in America it is the people who must take more personal responsibility for their lives.

In other words it is up to them to figure out how to take care of their children, after all it is they that had them not the government.

Interestingly enough it is also they that must figure out how to satisfy the volumous monetary appetite of the US government to support many nice programs around the world which includes free health care in quite a few allied nations.

They play the trick with the elderly here too. My 89 year old mother will shake her head when Belgrade is bombed but will vote for the same party if they give her $3.00 more per month before the election.

#343 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 12:34 AM

<"toilet separatist" You must be kidding sport! Have you ever met a real Seperatist??>

Wasn't he flushed down already?

Re: China hooking up with Russia there are many examples od marrages of convienience.

Major threats can turn the worst of enemys into good friends.>

Who's gonna be the hooker, who the pimp?

<The point you miss is that the world is not about to tolerate another Imperial power.

The previous participants didn,t have Thermo-Nuclear weapons and all kinds of advanced technology.

The one thing that is certain this worl was never a more dangerous place. Cheak out the currant Atomic Clock reading and the change over the last 50 years. >

I think the scientists should work hard on providing every human being a portable nuclear device. The same principle of deterrence of the Cold War should apply...

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

#344 vietnambob

vietnambob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3559 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 12:37 AM

They are the main official minority here now but guess what...if you add all the 'minorities' together now who is really the minority?

The government cares not to discuss this subject. Too many votes to be lost.

I suppose Columbus is not a great man with the Indians. Yet I, the white man get the blame. ;-(

Was it Cortez or who that finally found the gold...melted and poured down his throat by the Aztecs?

#345 vietnambob

vietnambob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3559 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 12:38 AM

Incas?

#346 vietnambob

vietnambob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3559 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 12:45 AM

Number 2 with a good left hook is the best place to be in.

Number 1 doesn't really want to jump in the ring with you and the rest of the world concentrates on them.

When the rest of the world finally succeeds you will have to play your cards right to stay away from the very top.

(Psst Let China have it)

Gooday

#347 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 12:49 AM

VN Bob,

Don't even go there. You're all over the map. First, I never said the "indians" still living in Hispanic countries hated Columbus. I said the people I spoke to. They are mixed, but definitely not members of the indian population in Mexico.

The indians I met were a very unusual breed. They always seemed to wear white - the rest of the population wore all different colors.

They would talk to your feet, never looking at you in the face. I found out that talking to your feet was a sign of respect for them. It was rude, in their culture, to look at someone who is "superior to you" in the face. And I could never convince them that I was definitely not superior to them. They would thank me .... while looking at my feet.

The Mexicans I lived with, worked with, and partied with, were the ones who explained their opinions to me about Columbus. Along with a million other opinions that they seem to share - not all of which are favorable about the US.

#348 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 12:50 AM

Gil,

WC = water closet = toilet (in most of the world)

#349 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 12:59 AM

<According to the government in America it is the people who must take more personal responsibility for their lives.

In other words it is up to them to figure out how to take care of their children, after all it is they that had them not the government.>

Exactly. But America having been chosen, we can safely say: God will provide...

<Interestingly enough it is also they that must figure out how to satisfy the volumous monetary appetite of the US government to support many nice programs around the world which includes free health care in quite a few allied nations.>

Yeah, like $500 million on shortwave radio stations to inform the world that America's #1. Meanwhile the arts in America get the incredible amount of $125 million, while the public radio stations go begging...

<They play the trick with the elderly here too. My 89 year old mother will shake her head when Belgrade is bombed but will vote for the same party if they give her $3.00 more per month before the election.>

Believe it or not it was the elderly Cuban-American citizens, who lead by a few--and cunning--anti-Castro radio stations put in power our beloved leader George Bush. It was them the only minority that I know about to have publicly demonstrated in favor of his attack on Iraq. They are convinced of the islamist-communist conspiracy that's bent on taking over democracy.

Meanwhile, my little daughter had to be raised by my pre-deluvian mother-in-law because there were no subsidized--or even affordable or trustworthy--day cares. Now at 11 she's wathed all of Disney's movies like a 100 times a piece and looks like an old lady...

#350 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 01:04 AM

<I suppose Columbus is not a great man with the Indians. Yet I, the white man get the blame. ;-(>

Don't take the blame. You must have a good alibi...

<Was it Cortez or who that finally found the gold...melted and poured down his throat by the Aztecs?>

I think it was Atahualpa (Incas)...

#351 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 01:13 AM

<Number 1 doesn't really want to jump in the ring with you and the rest of the world concentrates on them.>

Good idea, Rambo vs. Big Red Giant!

(Psst Let China have it)

Should we learn Chinese? Why not prepare Swiss defence versus big bully?

Switzerland wouldn't be a piece a cake...

MILITARY DOCTRINE

"Once mobilized, the Swiss Army would fight as a conventional force.
Swiss military doctrine calls for meeting the aggressor at the borders
and waging total war. This is a departure from earlier doctrine which
in World War II called for abandoning the plateau area for the
mountain fortresses.

In the event of mobilization, the 4,000 permanent obstacles and
barriers would be activated and the more than 2,000 demolition devices
already built into key bridges and tunnels would be set off.
Industrial machines would be disabled; water levels in the more than
900 dams lowered; fuel tanks burned.

The Swiss terrain -- a hilly plateau region between two mountain
ranges -- would necessarily channelize the aggressor's attacks. These
obvious avenues of approach are heavily fortified and would be
defended from built-in positions and by mobile forces of the three
Army Corps backed up by the Air Force. The Swiss plan is to make every
inch gained by the enemy a bloody and costly gain. In the event main
units of the Army are destroyed, Swiss doctrine calls for continued
passive and active resistance by means of guerrilla warfare.

This combination of powerful resistance by conventional forces,
continued resistance by guerrillas, and the self-destruction of
Switzerland's industrial, communications, and transportation networks
constitutes the strategy of dissuasion. The message to the potential
aggressor is clear: after a bloody, expensive, time-consuming war, he
will have gained nothing of value. He will be faced with occupation of
a hostile area, denuded of economic or transportation value, and
continued resistance by a determined and armed population.

The armed population is no bluff. Swiss militiamen are not required to
turn in their weapons upon completion of their obligation. It is said
that every Swiss home contains at least three weapons, for not only is
there the militia system, but there is a long tradition of civilian
ownership of firearms and, as pointed out before, rifle and pistol
shooting are virtually the national sports of Switzerland. There are
few restrictions on the Swiss purchase, ownership or carrying, of
firearms. An armed occupation force would indeed be literally faced
with the prospect of a Swiss rifleman behind every tree."

Worst than Iraq indeed...

But let's see another strategy...

"Today Switzerland maintains its neutrality, but practices what it
calls solidarity -- participating in international humanitarian
projects, offering its good offices in the resolution of disputes, and
providing technical assistance to Third World countries. The Swiss
participate in those international activities and organizations which
do not require it to violate its policy of neutrality. Neutrality is
central to Swiss thinking and, in fact, is the determining factor in
the Swiss security system."

Poll taking place at...

http://engforum.prav...&threadid=25025

Source:

http://www.visi.com/...b/swissrep.html

#352 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 01:25 AM

Don Cojones,

"They are convinced of the islamist-communist conspiracy that's bent on taking over democracy."

The concept of an islamist-communist conspiracy is ludicrous.

Communism doesn't allow religion. Why do you think that Islam never became a full partner of the Soviet Union during the Cold War??

They purchased weapons from the Soviet Union because the US wouldn't do so (as cheaply). But not one Islamic nation has embraced the principles of Communism to date.

#353 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 01:45 AM

<Don Cojones,

"They are convinced of the islamist-communist conspiracy that's bent on taking over democracy."

The concept of an islamist-communist conspiracy is ludicrous.>

Hey cute name, "Mr Balls"...

Anyways I'm not stating that, simply saying the old people are being brainwashed. Needless to say, the lion needs an enemy to keep the little animals busy and ready to die...

<Communism doesn't allow religion. Why do you think that Islam never became a full partner of the Soviet Union during the Cold War??

They purchased weapons from the Soviet Union because the US wouldn't do so (as cheaply). But not one Islamic nation has embraced the principles of Communism to date.>

When it comes to business, not much matters. Communist China is the best trading parnert of God chosen America... Where's the reasoning?

#354 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 01:56 AM

Good reply, thanks.

BTW, Don Cojones would probably best be translated as

Sir Balls. (but not in a "medieval" way).

I use "Don" with older men as a polite way (and somewhat colorful way) of respect. I'm 48, and anyone who is 60 or older I feel deserves the respect. It doesn't work the same way in English, unfortunately.

#355 Buttersideup

Buttersideup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10450 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 03:12 AM

Being white makes it all your fault, didn't ya know?

#356 Gil Hughes

Gil Hughes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 05:22 AM

The Beat----------

Sport ! Your last post didn,t even come close to addressing the subject material.

Have you got a thing about toilets? Pehaps your Ma-Ma did things to you in the bathroom?

Since you appear to have an answear for so many things in the Political World you must be able to quote your verifying sources.

Personally I think you are pumped up with your own self importance and full of BS.

#357 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 08:23 AM

Yeah T Beat,
I agree you'r full of BS.

B= beat
S= speak

Over most of the world its is known as (the) Beat Speak,
Gil, BS is self qualified as original and direct quotes. When
he says he's forty eight few people would doubt him, that's
his credibilty across the net world.
Seriously,I couldn't find fault with the BS regarding communism and the Muslims.
Regarding Russia and China:
China wouldn't want Russia to go with EU, EU wouldn't want Russia to go with China and Zion (all fifty one states of it) wouldn't want post communist Russia to go with Islam.
That leaves Russia the piggy in the middle. If it plays a neutral
game it will provide a safe border on one side of three blocks.
This would be conjusive to a multi-polar world (which China supports and I would suggest was the primary reason France,Germany and Russia refused to sanction the NWO invasion of Iraq ) a direct threat to the uni-polar NWO based on the fifty one states.
With the zionist premptive strike in service justified by any form of threat real or imagined Russia might become number one (enemy)
The expansion of U.S. er zionist military bases towards southern Russia region will not be going un-notived. Lets not forget the
open-wound Chechnia and the legacy of the CIA Phantam Bin
Laden which is the ubiquitous al kaeda network.
On the other hand with Japan now working on re-arming and the
Nth Korean flank under threat, and China's Afgh border now under uzionst control, China and Russia just may remember the old time parties they used to enjoy.
The big one is that the UZA are contemplating ruling over the
space theatre so that no one else will be able to put up anything that is possibly of military use whether state or corporate, meaning it will alone have space battleships positioned over
where-ever. This is game over or your infrastructure will be destroyed, game over or all your crops will be singed, game over or .. well ask the Palestinians and Iraqis.
Wc, hmm?, wc, hmm? wC, hmm doesn't get any clearer which ever way yu spell it. I know Wonce Canadian.

#358 cpwill

cpwill

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 08:37 AM

bader, firstly.
there is no reason to doubt beat, why would he lie about being 48. unless, of course, he is a five year old who is trying to disguise his age-but in that case he is a 5 year old with such a vocabulary that his thoughts would still be insightful.
secondly, the US is not in any way under the control of israel.
for a clue of this, take a look at some of the jewish commenters on this forum-some of them have gone so far to claim that the US is participating in a political war against them.
the world is a prison and we are the biggest convict-OTHer people get turned into bitches, not us.

i do not always agree with beat: quite the contrary.
however, i must say that at least he always has the ability to pose his posts with common decency, an attribute that you and so many others seem to lack.

#359 machlud haul

machlud haul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 09:38 AM

I am in not in much or any sympathy with anti-Israel opinion, although it would be seriously welcome if we would get a viable and genuinely independent Palestine and get rid of Sharon ja Likud exremism. No such luck to be expected on either of those counts, but anyway.

The real question for me in this thread is (as very well formulated by donquijote - couldn't find the actual quote though), is not so much what Russia could and should do in the actual world to be a leading power, but what can be done to make the society more civilized and just - in Russia and elsewhere. But if we take the question to mean the first alternative, then the task is very simple (if, very probably, impossible): to create a functioning market economy which would mean eliminating corruption, creating effective corporate and individual law and enforcing a free flow of information and debate. Of course, all nostalgic remedies should be very vigorously combated as they are at the root of Russia's current weakness. This is probably not possible, and I am not sure if it's only a bad thing. Maybe something more worthful than wordly power will emerge out of this suffering and moral and physical impotence. That would be a great monument for those countless dead and persecuted...

#360 cpwill

cpwill

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 10:21 AM

russia has suffered from backwardness for hundreds of years.

the USSR managed to force it forward a bit (although i think at intense human cost), but fundamentally i still think you are dealing with an extremely difficulty-laden society.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru