Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:53 PM

It is always easier to fight for one

#3642 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:46 PM

<We could find ourselves in a third war.
America and her European allies appear to be moving toward Security Council sanctions if Iran does not render hard assurances it is not going nuclear. But if the mullahs have concluded their only defense against U.S. or Israeli preemptive strikes is a deterrent of their own v a not unreasonable assumption given what happened next door v we are headed for a showdown that will change our world forever.>

This is a good point, Woj. The world is now UNSAFER because every little lion out there has learned is better to have SOME REAL TEETH in this world dominated by the Law of the Jungle.;)

And then the Big Lions complain about it...:confused:

#3643 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 05:50 AM

<According to Texe Marrs who writes book about the worlds elite
and their secret dimensions, Kohn alias Kerry was given a Bones
nickname of long devil. He allegedly took a bribe from a Red China lobbyist ($10,000) and has a photo of himself in a Vietnam musium embracing communist leaders, uses the old marxist clinched fist salute and his wife funds communist causes, so maybe there is something behind the tag of being commmunist.
Bush's Bones name is Temporary, so maybe he may not get the nod again for a second term. >

Howdy Bader
I'm critizing those who lightly accuse someone of "communist," "fascist," etc. and you...

Wait a minute, you got a point, but let's give it some thought:

WHO'S A COMMUNIST/FASCIST?

-THEY BOTH HATE COMPETITION

-THEY BOTH LOVE AUTHORITY

-THEY ARE BOTH LIONS

But what have we got? Not only Kerry but also Bush, the Pope, and most others "leaders" in this world. Then we must conclude we live in a jungle populated by COMMUNISTS/FASCIST LIONS. Little animals of the world, UNITE!;)

#3644 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 06:18 AM

> >Well some are municipality determined, others aren't. And then for
> >it to be with representation, one's vote actually has to be meaningful.
> >There has to be an actual choice at election time. But when it comes
> >to these sort of issues both choices have the same view. Or in some
> >cases there is only one choice.
>
> Vote, don't vote at all, run for office yourself. You may not ever get
> to the White House, but you could very well ,ale coty council. Then you
> could probably just tear up all your parking tickets.

Ah, the beauty of politics. I heard of another politician that came
out of the closet--before the last case--who had his lover work as his
chauffeur. However the lover was a little mischievious. The guy parked
where'er he pleased trusting his "mentor" would get him out of
trouble, and the politician had to run all over the place in order to
have him pardoned. Put yourself in the shoes of the politician... ;)

#3645 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 06:31 AM

> >> > Having been ticketed and nearly towed twice in *front of my house* for
> >> > slight violations of parking regulations,
> >>
> >> Slow learner?
> >
> >No, late sleeper... ;)
>
> Then it's not a question of parking your car overnite. You want to park
> it overnite and well into the morning.
>
> Get a driveway.

I'm parked in front my house, and the only other choice is to pay more
to my landlord for parking space, but since I'm already paying way too
much for rent, I decided not to feed him further. There is no reason
though for having that empty space on the street either, other than
make people brake the law in order to collect some more money for
corrupt politics. It's all a circle... ;)

#3646 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 08:27 AM

America to change the UN"

Howdy Woj.

The US doesnt want to change the UN its wants to change the people to fit into the NWO.
They will keep on having not enough money (increasing deficit)
to break them down.

They are trying to break DonQ down with parking tickets!
Parking violators unite!!

I disagree about credibility being the issue to decide the election.
The public will vote mainly for one of the two liers. Thats the sad thing about it, never has it been so obvious that it doesnt make any difference which of the two brothel parties they will vote for.
The powers that be have made sure that it is a comparison
(comparible) election not a contrast. Credibility would be a contrast Woj.

Regards Iran, one of their top brass has been quoted as saying if Israel tries a pre-emptive strike they may turn their nuclear site into ashes and it may well have been intended to read if a pre-emptive strike should happen (meaning, even by the US) the same result.
A Russian ex-defence minister or of similar rank has been quoted as saying Iran has nuclear weapons.
After all why shouldnt they, Pakistan has had them for twenty years and reputedly sells them. I have read allegations that Saudi Arabia has them also.
Russia is going to build a second nuclear power station and two European countries have expressed an interest in building one
as well.
I think the US/Zionist campaign against Iran is not about developing nuclear weapons, that is just a cover, I think it is about trying to limit their science, their energy production which in turn will effect their economic growth, cause their best brains to migrate elsewhere and also the social impact down stream. USrael has stated clearly it intends to break Iran from the inside.

Labels DonQ, just labels.
The characterists (eg hate competition, love authority etc) are
the fruit that tells what the tree is.
When the lion is crouching out in the open, hidden by a daisy, its the smell that gives it away. They stink worse than daisies.
With the help of the media most people get a birds eye view of the daisy.

#3647 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 12:19 PM

<But then again- to a few of you here- I don't belong to a super...super...super...hyper ...power, so I wouldn't know how one feels.>

Oh, THOSE, those bet on both sides to be safe...;)

Even a cursory examination of the Democrats and Republicans demonstrates that they are the same-one party with two names representing the interests of corporations. On any policy important to corporate expansion and control, they share one position and act in concert to promote "growth" and "jobs". The tiny number of issues on which they differ only put in more stark relief the extent to which they share a single platform on the really important issues of economic power.

Neither ever takes any position hostile to ultimate corporate control, although many mainstream "labor" organizations foolishly fund their oppressors, the Democrats, with lavish campaign contributions. What has mainstream labor obtained for their largess? Nothing. Democrats have supported every move towards "free" (corporate dominated) trade and would never dare to take action seriously threatening corporate control.

The campaign money game makes it clear that corporations own both the Democrats and Republicans. The following corporations- donations simultaneously put them in the top 20 contributors to the Democrats and the Republicans: Philip Morris, Atlantic Richfield (Arco), AT&T/TCI, MCI WorldCom and the Seagram Co. MCI gave almost precisely the same amount to each party $1,459,029 to the Democrats and $1,423,298 to the Republicans. Corporations give money to both parties simultaneously because they-re buying the same thing from both. Funding for both parties is a who-s who of corporate America. Walt Disney Co., Goldman Sachs, Mattell, Viacom, Citigroup, and BellSouth have provided major funding for the Democrats and Al Gore. Nabisco, Archer Daniels Midland, UST, Bell Atlantic/NYNEX, Pfizer, Enron, Chevron, and Merrill Lynch are major Republican contributors.

http://slingshot.tao...ybi.php?0069002

#3648 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 12:34 PM

<They are trying to break DonQ down with parking tickets!
Parking violators unite!!>

Howdy Bader
They have declared WAR ON THE POOR. Well, that's not news anymore...:confused:

<I disagree about credibility being the issue to decide the election.
The public will vote mainly for one of the two liers. Thats the sad thing about it, never has it been so obvious that it doesnt make any difference which of the two brothel parties they will vote for.
The powers that be have made sure that it is a comparison
(comparible) election not a contrast. Credibility would be a contrast Woj.>

I just posted something to the effect: one and the same s***!

<Labels DonQ, just labels.
The characterists (eg hate competition, love authority etc) are
the fruit that tells what the tree is.
When the lion is crouching out in the open, hidden by a daisy, its the smell that gives it away. They stink worse than daisies.
With the help of the media most people get a birds eye view of the daisy. >

It takes a good lion slayer to know one. A lion is still a lion even if hiding behind a daisy...;)

Do you see it? Do you smell it?:cool:

http://images.google...ang_es&ie=UTF-8

#3649 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 01:36 PM

The lions ignore the problem (since they hate "community" parks anyway) and the subspecies of the jungle take advantage of it. What do we have? The little animals afraid to come out and enjoy themselves. Life in the jungle...:confused:

"I live a few blocks away from the Evergreen Park and over the past few years, I have noticed how much money the city has spent on park maintenance and new investments in building a green house as well as children's playground. My family and friends uses the park often for recreation.

Here is where we are today:

People who live in the neighborhood have turned the park into a beer garden with trash littered all over the place. The park has now become a haven for homeless and mentally unstable people who occupy all of the park benches and harass other people who visit the park. At night, prostitutes walk on the west side of the park creating a public spectacle, which attracts crime and criminal elements in the neighborhood.

Some of the members of the neighborhood association have also reported that drugs are being sold in the park.

So, my family and others in the neighborhood are forced to drive five miles away to use another park. This inconvenience is causing me and my family a lot of aggravation. In the future we are considering leaving the neighborhood. Why should we have to leave? We no longer feel safe.

We along other families in the neighborhood have sent a long petition to the Park District, listing the problems in the neighborhood park. So far, they have not responded.

The park district seems to have abandoned our neighborhood park. All the investments they have made in the park seems to have gone down the tube.

Most troubling of all is that the children from the neighborhood who need the playground are forced to go elsewhere.

(snip)

Neighborhood parks are very fundamental to the quality of life in our city but the deterioration of these parks is a growing menace that threatens the future our neighborhoods and the future of the city itself. We need to do something drastic to address the problems facing neighborhood parks now. Any delay will make things worse in the future."

http://mailman.depau...ary/000002.html

#3650 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 01:46 PM

Bader; @The US doesnt want to change the UN its wants to change the people to fit into the NWO@

Once the center of power for the large Austro-Hungarian Empire, Austria was reduced to a small republic after its defeat in World War I, which she caused..
Her total area is 83.870 sq km, when attacked by Austria Serbia is 102.300 sq km.
And it is very symptomatic. Earth is full of ashes of countries who had desire to occupy the others land.
US practically destroyed beautiful Russian tsar idea of creating international institution to solve international problems.
The regulation of coexistence is like the following the rules of traffic.
It means that not necessary immediately traffic violator is the first victim, but in the end he finishes in casket.

And same situation is in international relations. So far Putin didn

#3651 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 07:55 PM

Donq, ; @People who live in the neighborhood have turned the park into a beer garden with trash littered all over the place.

So you proved yourself that cooperation without dictatorship is not possible to implement. Lenin was right after all, especially that he was under the foreign pressure., which very anxious to take advantage on what they thought is chaos of revolution .

Happy society is not necessary happy individual and in contrary. Politic has to be pragmatic not a disputant. :)

#3652 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 12:21 AM

Howdy DonQ,

The Evergreen Park is the litmus test of where the US is at.
Wasnt it Khruchev who said in the early fifties that the US would
fall like an over-ripe fruit into their (international revolutionaries)
hands.
The people who live in the park represent those on the Titanic who had no lifeboat. Most people will be judging the current
status of the US society on the beautiful people of holywood,
the beautiful people running for office etc.
The public sector, eg Health departments in the western world,
who once had mentals in institutions away from the public have
adopted the free-market approach to efficiency. By putting the mentals into the public and on their own lack of inability to help themselves in the first place, they dont get the monitoring necessay as the staff levels of mental health are low for the
efficiency regards bugets. Thus the out-patients (clients) dont
remember or for some reason dont follow the discipline of the
medication. They deteriorate and lose control and become a
threat to themselves and the public, often end up murderers, thus the public pay the cost, perhaps sometimes by happenstance, which counterbalances the so called savings on the mental health vote (budget) from govt.
The cost of cleaning up the park, policing it etc and restoring it
is not in the budget as a health expense but infact really is.
This is an example of the one dimentional thinking of the free-martketeers.
Whats the difference between the theoretical application of
policy by bureacrats in a free-market capitalist society with two politcal parties only slightly different, and a soviet state which
compels society likewise to fit the demands of theory applied by bureaucrats where there is only one party but a handfull of
choices for leader?
Neither are a democracy, both are based on centralised control
of policy of an ideology of the elite with the public reduced to a captured market.
I am not suggesting that all the people who live in parks are mentals, usually it is only thought of as the unemployed which they also are and people destitute by unemployment usually
spiral downwards psychologically so that e broad definition of
lack of mental fortitude could cover most. They used to be called slums.
Perhaps the slumites have adopted an environmental disposition in keeping with hypercritical govts, and moved to the parks to get closer to nature.

"coops without dictatorship is not possible to implement"
Coops by dictatorship is an oxymoron. Woj has got it wrong.
Complying because of coersion of dictatorship isnt coop.

Labor organisations, unions etc have capitulated to the free market (fascism) because they are also, as have always been
in submission to the bankers. They are looking to the post free market one world govt when they hope to inherit a lot of power-
Lenins dream.

Howdy Woj: you surprised me referring to a beautiful Russian Tsar idea.
I recall you referring to him with contempt. What was his idea,
creating an internation institute to solve international problems?
I have never heard of it.
Why should Arab leaders appologise to Putin over Chechnia?
Know it or not the NWO is still following its shakedown policy.
Venesuela, Iran and others are still in the crosshairs. France and Germany are part of the NWO and I would include China which I would expect are looking towards the post NWO when it collapses. Russia is the big question mark.

#3653 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 01:28 AM

http://engforum.prav...?threadid=93423

#3654 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 03:53 AM

<The Evergreen Park is the litmus test of where the US is at.
Wasnt it Khruchev who said in the early fifties that the US would
fall like an over-ripe fruit into their (international revolutionaries)
hands.>

Hi Bader
This is the issue that rarely makes to the news thought they are the reality of daily life in America. There's a good movie about it though, "The Saint of Fort Washington" (1993). The jungle like it is...:(

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
A refutation of then-President George Bush's notion of 1,000 points of light, this film by director Tim Hunter is about what happened when holes in the social safety net created a homeless population of unprecedented size during the Reagan-Bush years. The film focuses on two of the homeless: a sweet but troubled young man (Matt Dillon) and a more rugged, worldly-wise homeless Vietnam veteran (Danny Glover), who befriends him and tries to teach him how to survive on the streets. Dillon's character is schizophrenic, unable to get the medication or attention he needs to treat his problem. Instead, he winds up in a Manhattan men's shelter, a kind of Darwinian house of horrors haunted by streetwise predators (led by a scary Ving Rhames). Though overly sentimentalized at times, the film also serves as an indictment of a system that lets too many people like Dillon's character slip through the cracks. --Marshall Fine

http://www.amazon.co...461634?v=glance

<I am not suggesting that all the people who live in parks are mentals, usually it is only thought of as the unemployed which they also are and people destitute by unemployment usually
spiral downwards psychologically so that e broad definition of
lack of mental fortitude could cover most. They used to be called slums.
Perhaps the slumites have adopted an environmental disposition in keeping with hypercritical govts, and moved to the parks to get closer to nature.>

We should separate though those who live in shelters and the streets from those who brazenly occupy the community's parks like it was their own. This last type got more in common with the lion--from whom they get the scraps--than with the little animals, who are their victims. I've even seen some of them prey on the activists--stealing things from them--who came to defend the rights of the poor at last year's free-trade summit.:confused:

But in the end, it all shows how much the lion despises society.;)

#3655 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 06:55 AM

Khruchev would be rather shocked if he came back and found not only is the US toppling and no Russian hands to catch it but his own empire toppled first.
The only trust one can have in the Lion is he cant be trusted.
The US will get no prize for kissing his rump either and if the Israelis think they are bullet proof they just might be in for the same surprise.

Sounds like a good movie DonQ, there are some meaningful ones amongst the anti-culture.

The new trend to parks could refleck a more educated public than the previous generation, a little smarter perhaps, thinks instead of being all but hidden in the back streets, let it all hang out in the public view, a political statement, a political challenge.
Maybe they have a class thing and dont want to be seen with the
others living in the backstreets downtown.
Poverty in the midst of plenty, a crime against humanity which the
UN will pretend doesnt exist.
But slums like third world countries have been around in big western cities for some time so it was only a matter of time, that as the Titanic slowly turned up and started to disappear those who were best placed to move up the bow to the front rail were the last to go under. And they may have actually have had less hope of survival than those who dropped off earlier because
when the bow finally went under it would have ****ed everything down with it. The US has the furtherest to fall is putting it another way.

I just remembered, we were talikg about Jonestown recently, I
read the other day, I think it was in one of the articles I gave the site references for, that the CIA was allegedly involved with them.
What did the congressman find there, that he was murdered
trying to get out.

#3656 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 01:16 PM

<But slums like third world countries have been around in big western cities for some time so it was only a matter of time, that as the Titanic slowly turned up and started to disappear those who were best placed to move up the bow to the front rail were the last to go under. And they may have actually have had less hope of survival than those who dropped off earlier because
when the bow finally went under it would have ****ed everything down with it. The US has the furtherest to fall is putting it another way.>

Howdy Bader
Passengers in the luxury compartment pretend not to notice, but the ship is full of conflicts and an iceberg ahead.:confused:

The slums and the compartments destined to the little animals may be ignored but the lions sure find big money to pay for their exotic tastes, like moving a hydrant to park their SUVs or just move an entire neighborhood to build their favorite "socialist" baseball park...;)

'That's why you're going to hear a lot about the fire hydrant. You may already know that, some years ago, the Heinz-Kerrys got the city to relocate a fire hydrant in front of the Louisburg Square townhouse they had just bought so that they could park their SUV out front. The fire-hydrant story is much beloved by WRKO Radio (AM 680) talk-show host Howie Carr, who writes about it often in his Boston Herald column --and who last week introduced it to readers of the New York Post, for which he wrote a guest column.

If you search the LexisNexis database for the past two years, you will find 10 references to Kerry and the fire hydrant. (Granted, four of those are Carr columns, not counting his Post piece.) What you will not find is a single reference to what Bush did in Arlington, Texas, in the early 1990s, when he was the part-owner of and principal glad-hander for the Texas Rangers baseball team. Bush did not have a fire hydrant moved. Rather, he had an entire 13-acre neighborhood moved --well, flattened-- so that he could build a new ballpark for the Rangers. He did this by persuading the Texas legislature to create an independent authority to take the land by eminent domain and use it for a stadium --a remarkable piece of sports *socialism* that the former owners of the Red Sox unsuccessfully tried to replicate a decade later. (Note: that plan, apparently dead and gone, would have displaced the offices of the Boston Phoenix, which opposed it strenuously.)

The Arlington property owners, who were pretty well-off themselves, went to court and tried to fight back. But Bush and the Rangers got their way. Eventually the authority --that is, the taxpayers-- paid $4.2 million for the land, and another $191 million to build the stadium itself, or more than three times the contribution that the Rangers themselves were required to make. As Molly Ivins and Lou Dubose put it in Shrub: The Short but Happy Political Life of George W. Bush (2000), "Here in the Great State, the son of a sitting president served as what Mexicans call a prestanombre --a small player who lends his name to a project run by a big player. Our prestanombre got the taxpayers to provide a big chunk of added value to his business, was elected governor, and made a $15 million profit on a $600,000 investment and his family name."'

http://www.providenc...ts/03602005.asp

#3657 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 02:27 PM

Bader; @
Howdy Woj: you surprised me referring to a beautiful Russian Tsar idea.
I recall you referring to him with contempt. What was his idea,
creating an international institute to solve international problems?
I have never heard of it.@

-The idea of an international agreement to reduce military forces was first proposed at peace conference called by the Tsar of Russia in 1899. The Peace Conference of 1899 appointed a committee of experts to study the reduction of armies and navies. Another peace conference in 1907 agreed to prohibits the use of poison in war. -
(United Nations and how it works) by David Cushman Coyle.

I am Pole and Russian tsars were Polish enemies from definition, especially that as a anglosaxon Nicholas II was particularly cruel and stupid leader, responsible for death many their own citizens. for example , he ordered death for Lenin brother.
But it wouldn

#3658 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 02:52 PM

Bader; @Khruchev would be rather shocked if he came back and found not only is the US toppling and no Russian hands to catch it but his own empire toppled first.@

Us have delusion of Grandeur.
As Donq says;
Passengers in the luxury compartment pretend not to notice, but the ship is full of conflicts and an iceberg ahead.

You heard about Russian crashes , but information about oil giant passengers quickly was lost from news. But we still know that David Coen, was on the Volgograd-bound jet. http://story.news.ya...a_plane_crash``
The crashes haven't had much influence on the market,''
mark Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange index rose 0.3 percent to 521.31 and the ruble was unchanged at 29.2225 a U.S. dollar. :)

#3659 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 03:40 AM

``They should stop this now,'' she said, referring to the war. ``They send them like guinea pigs over there."

Upon receiving news of his son having been killed in Iraq, this man goes in a rage and sets fire to the Marines' van, burning himself badly in the process--right on his birthday. It's unknown at this moment--it's announced--whether there will be charges pressed against him.:confused:

The Marine's grandmother meanwhile asks for peace, something the politicians are deaf to...:(

Man torches military vehicle after learning of son's death in Iraq

BY AMY SHERMAN, HANNAH SAMPSON AND PHIL LONG

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. - (KRT) - A Florida man was severely burned Wednesday after he ignited a U.S. Marine Corps van upon learning from the Marines that his son had died in Iraq, according to Hollywood police.

Carlos Arredondo was distraught after hearing that his 20-year-old son, Alexander Arredondo, had died in combat in Najaf the previous night.

``It doesn't appear he was trying to hurt himself,'' Marine Capt. Patrick Kerr, medical officer for Marine Forces Reserve in New Orleans, said in a telephone interview. ``He was trying to destroy the vehicle.''

Carlos Arredondo, 44, was in serious condition, having suffered second-degree burns on his arms and legs, Hollywood Police Capt. Tony Rode said. He was first taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood and later transferred to the burn unit at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami.

Alexander Arredondo's mother, Victoria Foley of Bangor, Maine, said her son grew up in Massachusetts with her and last saw his father at Christmas. This was Alexander's second tour of duty in Iraq, she said. Foley said the Marines who informed her of Alexander's death did not provide any information about how he died.

``He was in the thick of it; that's all I know,'' she said. She had talked with her son just the day before.

About 2:14 p.m., Marines went to inform Arredondo of his son's death. The Marines were there for about 20 or 30 minutes before Arredondo started the fire, Marine Maj. Scott Mack said.

Police said Arredondo got a blow torch, a propane tank and a gasoline can. He then broke out the driver's window, opened the door and began pouring gasoline throughout the vehicle, Kerr said.

At some point, the van exploded.

``In the process, he was launched out of the van,'' Kerr said. ``The van went up in flames and he went shooting out of the van.''

Marines extinguished the fire on Arredondo. No Marines were injured, but the van was gutted.

The Marines told police they couldn't stop the man before he got into their vehicle.

``I have not seen this type of reaction'' to a death notification, Mack said.

Because of Department of Defense rules, Kerr said he was unable to talk about or identify the Marine who was killed. The military must wait 24 hours after a service member's next of kin is notified before releasing the name to the public.

``Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family,'' Kerr said. ``Our foremost concern is for the welfare of the father who was burned. We will do everything we can to help the family through this very difficult situation.''

Alexander Arredondo had been stationed at Camp Pendleton in California. His family recalled Wednesday how much he loved being a Marine.

Alex joined the Marines about one month before Sept. 11, 2001, when he was still in high school, his mother said. He was inspired to join the Marines by his grandfather, who was a Marine during the Korean War but didn't serve in combat.

``I couldn't have been prouder,'' said his grandfather, Jack Foley of West Roxbury, Mass. ``He wrote me a letter from boot camp saying, `You're my inspiration.' It's sad. A young Marine is dead at 20 years. It's horrible.''

Jack Foley said he has been against the war in Iraq since the beginning

``We never should have started something we couldn't cope with ... ,'' Foley said. ``We don't start wars. It's just a waste. I've always been worried about him, but I never thought it would happen.''

Victoria Foley said her son joined the Marines because he wanted a challenge. He enjoyed the camaraderie and the loyalty the Marines showed, she said.

In Hollywood, Melida Arredondo said her husband, who is originally from Costa Rica, ``was very proud of Alex serving,'' though he wished his service would have been during a ``more peaceful'' time.

But the dead Marine's grandmother, Luz Marina Arredondo Piedra, took a less charitable stance toward American involvement in Iraq.

``They should stop this now,'' she said, referring to the war. ``They send them like guinea pigs over there. They don't do this garbage in Costa Rica.''

Foley said the last conversation she had with her son was the day before she learned of his death. He told her it was rough, but that they were doing the best they could.

Foley said she told her son about all the wonderful things happening at home: She was organizing their new house in Maine and Alex's half-brother, Nathan, was planning to begin Head Start in a couple of weeks. Alex also has a 17-year-old brother, Brian Arredondo.

``He was the best big brother,'' Foley said. ``He was more like a dad. He tried to always set a good example. He always told his brother to be good to his mother.''

#3660 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:03 AM

"... a contemporary American phenomenon, ... [which] is disturbing, deplorable, and truly dangerous. I'm referring to the growing reluctance of Americans to criticize, and their increasing tendency to condemn those who, in ever dwindling numbers, will still voice dissent, dissatisfaction, and criticism."
- - J. Paul Getty, The Vanishing Americans, essay, 1964

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru